The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Good God, let this never happen to me while busking
Old 18th October 2013
Gear Addict

Good God, let this never happen to me while busking

Old 18th October 2013
Lives for gear

that little midget has too much poison in his heart. If he were around I'd ask him what was really going on in his life. I can sense agony and pain coming out in the form of reverse retaliation.
Old 18th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaellus View Post
I can sense agony and pain coming out in the form of reverse retaliation.
Quite painful to watch. I agree, it actually feels like he has been going through a lot of ****, and that trumpet guy just happens to be at the wrong place and the wrong time while the other guy is finally exploding...
Old 18th October 2013
Lives for gear
It was sad.

At least he got it all out relatively non-violently.
Old 18th October 2013
Lives for gear

Somebody has a little Problem.
Old 18th October 2013
Lives for gear

I'm torn between three possibilities, and I wouldn't bet on any of them over the others:

1) The guy in the dress shirt is a performance artist, hoping for online buzz while appearing to be a non-conspiring party.

2) The guy in the dress shirt is mentally disturbed, maybe schizophrenic.

3) The guy in the dress shirt is completely sane, but very very angry about a perceived wrong in the past, maybe missed fame opportunity.
Old 18th October 2013
Gear Addict

Old 18th October 2013
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoFi_By_Choice View Post
I'm torn between three possibilities, and I wouldn't bet on any of them over the others:

[The guy in the dress shirt is mentally disturbed] and very very angry about a perceived wrong in the past, maybe missed fame opportunity.
That's what I think.
Old 18th October 2013
Lives for gear

I didn't know The Penguin was so passionate about trumpet!!

Old 18th October 2013
Lives for gear
I know you guys are joking, but its the exact thing that cause someone unfortunate like him to snap.

Maybe we should think about our words and the potential impact they could have on people?

You never know how people may react.

Understand what I'm saying?
Old 18th October 2013
Gear Addict

I was visiting a charming coastal city in one of the Carolinas a couple of weeks ago, and was stunned at how bad most of the street performers were.
I had never had a thought like that cross my mind before.
We usually make a point of helping them out, but this, was different....

They were all.......simply awful, and of all things......arrogant.
There were a couple of OK ones, that seemed like super pro's.

I shouldn't, I know, but I kind of see where the little guy is coming from.
He should not have degraded into profanity though, let alone invoke the Grateful dead.
Old 18th October 2013
Gear Nut

"Good God, let this never happen to me while busking"

If you busk outside peoples homes then you'd deserve it imo.

The little guy went a bit far, but noise annoys. People seem to have completely lost any consideration for others.
Old 18th October 2013
Lives for gear

This guy would be PERFECT for a new David Lynch film/tv show.
Old 19th October 2013
Gear Addict

She needs some good lovin
Old 19th October 2013
Gear Addict

There's a follow up video where he gives an explanation about his actions. Unfortunately, it was by some trolls calling for a phone interview and telling him it was Inside Edition.

That's just mean
Old 19th October 2013
Lives for gear

I'm with the little guy on this one. He gave a passionate, erudite and truly entertaining solo performance. It was both tragic and comic and gave a tangible insight into the human condition in the urban jungle. The trumpet player, on the other hand, was worse than mediocre and definitely not ready for public performance.
Old 19th October 2013
Lives for gear

Guy is simply an assh*le. Saying that, I've seen, and I've had worse.
that's busking for you.
Old 19th October 2013
Lives for gear
His rant was unnecessary. Point blank.

You having a bad day doesn't justify blowing up on people. You learn that in kindergarten.

Have some self control

Sent from my SGH-T999
Old 20th October 2013
Lives for gear

There is a simple solution to this kind of problem. Those who sympathise with the trumpet player should invite people like him, who need a place to practice, to their homes or yards for a few hours whenever they need. Then others who find the noise intrusive would not be annoyed, while those who enjoy it would get a personal performance.
Old 20th October 2013
Lives for gear
No, if him being there is truly a disturbance of the peace, then call the police and make a complaint. That's the mature way to handle it, that's why you pay taxes.

This didn't look like a residential zone but I could be mistaken. If it's commercial zone, just leave the guy alone

Sent from my SGH-T999
Old 20th October 2013
Lives for gear

Or.......Get some friends round and....
Attachment 368160
Old 20th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPhoenix View Post
His rant was unnecessary. Point blank.

You having a bad day doesn't justify blowing up on people. You learn that in kindergarten.

Have some self control

Sent from my SGH-T999
+1!
Old 20th October 2013
Lives for gear

”Ginny Hendricks regularly annoyed her neighbors with her long guitar solos”
Attachment 368187
Old 20th October 2013
Trumpets are loud. I don't know anything about the situation in the vid (which I could only watch two minutes of) but clearly, if one had to hear that guy playing for any length of time, it would make you nuts. Maybe not that nuts. But nuts.

I'm sympathetic with trumpeters, but God invented mutes for a reason. Understood you can't really fully practice with them, but no one should have to be subjected to that much noise. They used trumpets on the battlefield for a reason. They put them at the back of the orchestra for a reason. They are loud.

I wouldn't plug a Marshall in a public space, crank it up and play a clumsy "Smoke on the Water" if I was learning. You need some place where you can really be free.

Sonny Rollins used to go out on one of the NY river bridges (Brooklyn? GW?) and play. And he could already play pretty good.

I agree with CPhoenix. Disturbing the peace is an infraction best left to the police. If I was that trumpeter, I'd MUCH rather have to explain myself to the police than to the highly agitated citizen in the vid.

And that citizen clearly would have been guilty of assault had he actually connected with the trumpeter [I strongly doubt the trumpeter was busking, if so, he needs to look for new work, fast] when he swung that bag in his direction [it didn't seem like he really intended to hit the guy but, c'mon, not everyone is going to be nice and walk away; use a little common sense].

I've got in people's faces about noise before -- including a handful of Inland Empire tweaker campers with fully auto weapons we'd seen them using earlier in the day -- so I know a little something about relentless noise -- in this case endless repeats of Dark Side of the Moon from about 1 am til nearly 5 am in an otherwise dead quiet campground -- making you dangerously nuts. (The tweakers -- whose assualt weapons, an M16 and an AK, were resting by the campfire -- just laughed, turned it down 'til I walked about 75 feet away and turned it back up all the way as I returned to our campsite.) I was tempted to share a little Public Enemy at full blast with them about 7 am -- but we weren't the only two sets of people in the campground. And they did have those machine guns. heh
Old 20th October 2013
I guess I like the little guy actually, he knows how to rant.

You don't hear ranting that good very often. There's a fairly good mix of anger and reason in there. Plus some nice self-justification in his closing remarks. The video quality isn't good enough to be sure, but there's almost certainly no angry spittle flying around, the venom is purely vocal. He's not not just some Sunday afternoon shout at the traffic lights kind of guy. This is a quality rant, I almost suspect he has more practise in the art of haranging than the trumpet player has managed on his chosen instrument.

Thinking about it I'd really like to use a few clips of him in some music I'm doing.
Old 20th October 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomGuitarist View Post
I guess I like the little guy actually, he knows how to rant.

You don't hear ranting that good very often. There's a fairly good mix of anger and reason in there. Plus some nice self-justification in his closing remarks. The video quality isn't good enough to be sure, but there's almost certainly no angry spittle flying around, the venom is purely vocal. He's not not just some Sunday afternoon shout at the traffic lights kind of guy. This is a quality rant, I almost suspect he has more practise in the art of haranging than the trumpet player has managed on his chosen instrument.

Thinking about it I'd really like to use a few clips of him in some music I'm doing.
[bolded]

I'm normally not a big fan of the found sound drop in thing (My Life in the Bush of Ghosts was a a great album but it kinda set a level that few if any have since attained) but that might just be an exception I'd be willing to make. I want to hear that if you do it.

Getting the releases might be hard, though.
Old 21st October 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by theblue1 View Post
Getting the releases might be hard, though.
You think he might criticize my mix?
Old 22nd October 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomGuitarist View Post
You think he might criticize my mix?
I feel certain we would all feel greatly disappointed if he did not.

Old 22nd October 2013
Lives for gear

He should be a judge on X Factor.
Old 23rd October 2013
Lives for gear

The guy runs a production company, like he says, and has a LinkedIn. 4chan thought it was funny to torment the guy for about a week.

A poisonous troll on that day, for sure, but I'm personally annoyed at the camera guy. He could have intervened instead of publicly humiliating the guy.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search