The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
7 Weeks For Repair? Really? Is This The Norm?
Old 18th October 2013
Lives for gear

7 Weeks For Repair? Really? Is This The Norm?

My question is: What is fair to you and what do you expect from a manufacturer when you send your gear back to them for service?

I sent my preamp to a well-known and reputable company/individual for a FREE repair. All it needed was a new custom gain pot. It took seven weeks to return. This scares me because I have another one here in my rack which is due to go in next for a FREE check up which they advise to do every 2 years.

I realize that the only cost to me is shipping but in an age where so much incredible gear is available does one make an investment in a product that is going to be missing from everyday use for two months?

Normally I use a repair shop that gets their work done and returned within 2 weeks and stays in constant contact during the entire process. And at a fair price too. Am I just a lucky bastard to have found this guy? Should that not be the standard? Am I supposed to let it slide because company X is doing this at no cost?

Obviously I love these preamps! The owner is very polite and well meaning but I am at my wits end. If you are that busy get some friggin assistants. Am I wrong? Should I exercise more patience?
Old 18th October 2013
Lives for gear

Twice now with two companies I have had pieces in for months at a time. RIDICULOUS!

But, if they told me that it would be that way and kept their word, it would be something I could plan for. Unfortunately, in both cases the communication was too sparse and less than honest. That is the part that P!$$es me off. I can't stand unprofessional communication in business.
Old 18th October 2013
Lives for gear

I sold one piece and will not own anything from company and considered doing it with the other. Still sitting on the fence.
Old 18th October 2013
Lives for gear

You said the magic words "custom gain pot"!
Everybody and their supplier, and the suppliers supplier has gone to just in time inventory, all it takes is one little hiccup!
Old 18th October 2013
Lives for gear

I have a JBL LSR4328P at my local authorized repair shop that is waiting on the network board from JBL......

I dropped it off in February.....

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search