The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
BEHRINGER - Why the hate?
Old 9th November 2019
  #121
Lives for gear
 
horseface's Avatar
I find the current electronic sub-forum B worship a little bizarre.

Take the new Behringer Roland TB-303 clone. It sounds analogue, but it sounds off. In a demo video comparing all the 303 clones, including Roland’s own digital TB-03 emulation, the B copy clearly sounded the worst of the bunch, especially when the res is pumped up. It clearly misses the special 303 filter tone that makes your mouth form the filter shape. That tone is super important (it’s a huge part of what gives the 303 its character) and it’s clearly missing.

Yet, people ignore and proclaim they will buy several in different colours. Gimped Mickey Mouse gear, but the customers are the ones who are apologetic.

So bloody weird.
5
Share
Old 9th November 2019
  #122
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by horseface View Post
I find the current electronic sub-forum B worship a little bizarre.

Take the new Behringer Roland TB-303 clone. It sounds analogue, but it sounds off. In a demo video comparing all the 303 clones, including Roland’s own digital TB-03 emulation, the B copy clearly sounded the worst of the bunch, especially when the res is pumped up. It clearly misses the special 303 filter tone that makes your mouth form the filter shape. That tone is super important (it’s a huge part of what gives the 303 its character) and it’s clearly missing.

Yet, people ignore and proclaim they will buy several in different colours. Gimped Mickey Mouse gear, but the customers are the ones who are apologetic.

So bloody weird.
Their K-20 also missed the mark in the one A/B vid I heard.
Old 10th November 2019
  #123
Lives for gear
 
horseface's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj.anti.matter View Post
Their K-20 also missed the mark in the one A/B vid I heard.
It’s all missing the mark in one way or another. Seems that the fanboys are fixated on things being cheap ‘n’ analogue vs sounding “right”.

What a time to be alive.
1
Share
Old 10th November 2019
  #124
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by horseface View Post
It’s all missing the mark in one way or another. Seems that the fanboys are fixated on things being cheap ‘n’ analogue vs sounding “right”.

What a time to be alive.
Some of them are even claiming the TD-3 sounds better than the original.......
Old 19th November 2019
  #125
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas W. Bethe View Post
You kinda sound like a "shill" for Behringer> FWIW
And I think you're a blithering, cherry-picking, idiot.
1
Share
Old 19th November 2019
  #126
Gear Guru
 
Brent Hahn's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoB3 View Post
And I think you're a blithering, cherry-picking, idiot.
Cherry-picking? Tom quoted the entire tree.
Old 19th November 2019
  #127
Gear Guru
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoB3 View Post
And I think you're a blithering, cherry-picking, idiot.
Correction he’s a pro w/credentials and you are...?
2
Share
Topic:
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump