The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Imperfect Samples No Contact
Old 22nd January 2013
Gear Maniac

Hey guys

Posting here as a last resort really. Bought the basic version of the beautiful Braunschweig Upright Piano a couple of months ago, with the intention of upgrading once a track was ready for a mixing session. Finally got round to upgrading to the pro upgrade just over a week ago, paid for upgrade and received an automatic email informing me I had to verify the upgrade by logging into the imperfect samples site and cliking on verification link..all went fine and dandy - it said my upgrade would be ready in 24 hours and would receive an email when it was ready...but now over a week and nothing.

Mixing session has been and gone.. have sent several direct emails and also one direct through the website but to no avail. Does anyone have another contact for them that isn't the [email protected] email contact on the off chance I am cursed and my emails are just arriving in their spam filter?

Has anyone else managed to contact them successfully recently? I've read in other posts they are normally really good at contact/support so I'm quite surprised at this really.
Old 22nd January 2013
Gear Maniac

I'm sure you have probably done this already but did you check your spam and junk mail folders? I've had confirmations get put in those folders before.
Old 22nd January 2013
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaga129 View Post
I'm sure you have probably done this already but did you check your spam and junk mail folders? I've had confirmations get put in those folders before.
Hey Abaga129 - I was worried this may happen so have indeed checked my spam folder everyday. I also thought maybe He'd just forgotten to send me the email saying the upgrade was ready, so have logged into my download section of Imperfect Samples each day waiting for the download area to switch from "Verify Download" to an actual download...but It never changed. Now when I log in, it says my "download session has expired, please contact for further support is required" etc.

I had no problems with the basic version of piano download, was very smooth sailing but that seemed to be all automated.

I have had the brain wave to perhaps try and contact him through where he took payment via paypal if thats a different email address. Will give it a go tonight, fingers crossed.
Old 24th January 2013
Gear Maniac

Bump for this thread, on the off chance Matt from Imperfect Samples still lurks on Gearslutz and see's this thread, as it doesn't look like Paypal are having any luck getting hold of him either.
Old 25th January 2013
Gear Maniac

bump
Old 26th January 2013
Lives for gear

It's NAMM right now...just a thought
Old 27th January 2013
Gear Maniac

I'm trying to remain optimistic...

If it turns out he has gone AWOL though, can anyone shoot me some suggestions on a similar, beautifully eerie & unique- full of character sampled piano I should check out as an alternative?

I have gone through quite a few threads here on gearslutz - and have picked up on the following pianos I like the sound of - Fluffy Audio Upright Piano, 8Dio 1928 Piano & Soundiorns/tonehammer Emotional Piano. Just wondering if anything else has come out recently that's not caught my attention?

I've already got Alicia Keys - which is good in a mix - but am looking for something for solo, classical and soundtrack type playing - pref an upright, but that's not a deal breaker.
Old 6th February 2013
Gear Maniac

update:

Sadly Imperfect Samples never responded or passed on any upgrade files. Luckily Paypal have rewarded my money back though, and they processed it all very quickly for which I am grateful. Such a shame! Really love the sound of the Braunschweig - am now on the search for a sampled piano of equivalent beauty.
Old 6th February 2013
Lives for gear

Very sorry to hear that... Weird! I have the Steinway from Matt and love it! Have you tried the 'Old Black Grand' from Acoustic Samples? The only thing with that is the UVI engine (which is not doing it for me so I got the Kontakt version... but I'n not sure if that's still available) but if you don't mind that then the piano is really nice with a lot of character. Good luck.
Old 6th February 2013
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvyn View Post
Very sorry to hear that... Weird! I have the Steinway from Matt and love it! Have you tried the 'Old Black Grand' from Acoustic Samples? The only thing with that is the UVI engine (which is not doing it for me so I got the Kontakt version... but I'n not sure if that's still available) but if you don't mind that then the piano is really nice with a lot of character. Good luck.
Hey Kelvyn. Cheers for the suggestion - I actually hadn't listened to that one so kudos is derserved! And wow, you are not wrong, that is a beautiful sounding piano - it ticks most of my boxes. The only really downfall I suppose is it appears to be ILOK - which causes me loads of hassle due to a lack of USB sockets, frustratingly.

Did you say there was a Kontakt version too? Couldn't see it on the site so that may have bit the dust, which is a shame cause I'd jump on a Kontakt version.
Old 7th February 2013
Gear Maniac

This is too bad. I was planning on getting a couple of these, but AWOL support is absolutely not tolerated and I've dropped a couple companies because of that over the years. Hopefully we find out there was something crazy going on like blocked email/long vacation and not incompetence
Old 7th February 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by weirdfishee View Post
Hey Kelvyn. Cheers for the suggestion - I actually hadn't listened to that one so kudos is derserved! And wow, you are not wrong, that is a beautiful sounding piano - it ticks most of my boxes. The only really downfall I suppose is it appears to be ILOK - which causes me loads of hassle due to a lack of USB sockets, frustratingly.

Did you say there was a Kontakt version too? Couldn't see it on the site so that may have bit the dust, which is a shame cause I'd jump on a Kontakt version.
I had to ask for the Kontakt version...
If you like the piano that much (as I do) then maybe an email to the developer will get you sorted. He's a really nice guy.
Old 7th February 2013
Gear Addict

strange. I have had questions regarding my Walnut Grand, but have good experiences with his support. Although it sometimes took a few days, Matt always responded and was very helpful.
Any chance your emails ended up in his spam folder? bummer there is no phone number on his website.
Old 7th February 2013
Gear Maniac

Hey Prophet

Yeah I was worried maybe I was spam bound the first few weeks (such is my luck), so tried to use his website contact too just incase, but sadly nada. Doesn't look like Paypal could get hold of him either. As you say, in the past it doesn't seem like anyone had any problems getting support so hopefully its just a temp glitch.

Am sure there is a rational explanation for it, but in the meantime it means, I'm out for investing in all his lovely sampled pianos any further, for now. Fingers crossed he comes back to it all, as his work is very very impressive.

In the meantime, cheers kelvyn - I will def consider getting in contact with developer about the Kontakt version of the acoustica piano, although a small part of me wonders if maybe it touches too similar ground to Alicia Keys perhaps, possibly an impression only given as most of the demos are Jazzy so to speak. Will keep my ears peeled a little bit longer and see if anything else turns up.

At the moment I am loving the sound of the Soundiron Emotional Piano and the 8dio Legacy as well.

Torn, torn, torn, torn!!
Old 11th March 2013
Gear Addict

I was suspecting something like this. I have tried to contact them since some days ago with no response to buy the product (I cant find an option to buy the downloable version of the extreme Fazioli). That is a concern, because I imagine what could happen if I have issues with the installation or something like that.

I am still waiting, but I have to say that if they do not improve this, they are losing money, bad business therefore. Maybe their contact email is at the limit, etc., but they should always be testing to make the contact with customers easier.

Some companies are not worried of what is essential: their customers, and that could mean a lot of money.
Old 11th March 2013
Gear Maniac

It sounds strange, I got the Walnut Grand and the Fazioli Grand extreme and Matt had been very helpful with trying to solve the problems I had with Kontakt, which was less than a year ago. I hope he's doing ok.
Old 11th March 2013
Lives for gear

Hmmm...

I get the feeling its not a big company... I bought a couple of mats pianos, beautiful...

Maybe something has happened to the guy personally or within his personal life which has rendered him unable to provide the service he previously has..

I hope it's nothing awful... A few samples, a few bucks can wait if need be..

Matt was most helpful in my experience and very committed to his products..

Seemed like a very decent guy...

All the best..

Zz.
Old 11th March 2013
Gear Maniac

Yeah I hope nothing bad happened to him, he was very helpful. After using the Walnut Grand, nothing else feels right to me anymore, apart from the IS Fazioli sometimes.
Old 11th March 2013
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agzilla View Post
Hmmm...

I get the feeling its not a big company... I bought a couple of mats pianos, beautiful...

Maybe something has happened to the guy personally or within his personal life which has rendered him unable to provide the service he previously has..

I hope it's nothing awful... A few samples, a few bucks can wait if need be..

Matt was most helpful in my experience and very committed to his products..

Seemed like a very decent guy...

All the best..

Zz.
mmm this is nice to read (as well as the previous comment). So they provide in fact good customer service. Maybe something is going on with him, (I thought it also).

I am looking forward to receive the response by email.

thanks!
Old 12th March 2013
Lives for gear

I think he also used to have stedeford.com for his headshot photography business, but he apparently gave up that domain (or forgot to renew it) last year.
Old 5th April 2013
Gear Maniac

Strange all this isn´t it? I bought the fazioli pro samples just three days ago. But something went wrong with the download probably because of a temporarily wifi dropout in my place (happens sometimes here). I send two mails concerning this issue but there's no response what so ever. Money spend, but no product and no customer support... If this goes on like this I will have to tell paypall to get my money back. Don't like it 'cause I love these samples for what I'm working. Are there any thoughts or updates on this issue?! Let me know!!
Old 6th April 2013
Gear Addict

Why don't you simply download again? Upon buying you have been shown/given login data; so log in to the client area and download the files again.
Old 6th April 2013
Gear Maniac

yeah... that's what I call logical thinking lol

of course you're right, but a when I tried to download again directly after the first time the downloadpage acted strange etc. But, I'm retrying right now so let's see.

Nonetheless...still no replies on my mails...so what is happening here? Great samples, but no support/comunication, let's hope that everything is going well with matt stedeford and his company.
Old 15th April 2013
Gear Maniac

Hello everyone,

I'd just like to offer my sincere apologies for the delay in my replies recently, I've been moving office and house unexpectedly, it has been rather hectic and taking is toll on my time, however all emails will be answered!

Once the move has finished and I've managed to get through the backlog, I'm hoping to put things in place so times like this won't happen in the future.

If you have any problems or questions at all, please feel free to email me at info [at] imperfectsamples [dot] com and please rest assured that if you haven't received a reply yet, you will.. you won't be forgotten!

Matt
Old 15th April 2013
Gear Nut

Hi Matt,

No worries. Moving house is a nightmare enough without adding an office move on top. Keep up those great products!

Maybe a nice group buy, to show us you still love us....LOL!

Cheers
Old 29th June 2013
Here for the gear

Same message

I just bought the extreme version of the Steinway over a week ago and I keep getting the response that is posted above for the April 15 response from Matt. Does anybody know has this place gone out of business? PayPal has swept my account for over $400 and the website says that it will ship within two days I've heard nothing. Can anyone offer any suggestions? I really appreciate it.
Old 30th June 2013
Here for the gear

Does anyone know if they are still around? I keep getting an automated message from Matt regarding them moving that according to other threads has been sent out since April of this year. I already payed for the extreme walnut two weeks ago and have not been informed of shipping. I am hoping someone has some information. I appreciate the assistance.
Old 1st July 2013
Gear Addict

I recently bought the Braunschweig Upright, no problems whatsoever. Imho, the download link was sent automatically, downloading the product was no problem.
Old 1st July 2013
Gear Maniac

Yes, but the Steinway Extreme is different, it's sent as a mini HD. It took me just less than 2 weeks to received it and the Fazioli Extreme, which was early last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prophet View Post
I recently bought the Braunschweig Upright, no problems whatsoever. Imho, the download link was sent automatically, downloading the product was no problem.
Old 1st July 2013
Here for the gear

Bump

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search