The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
SynthSpa Public Message Allen Coppock Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 15th September 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuffFuzz View Post
Upon telling him about all of this he stopped responding to my emails. I've still never received my original sides or any more emails from him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildOlive View Post
Hey Guys It's Allen from the Synth Spa.

Well, it's hard to know where to start, but everyone who has been a victim of this mess of mine will be rewarded and repaid.

The wooden sides, son. Send that man back his wooden sides.
Old 15th September 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
I need to pay a very good tech to help me get out of this mess
You mention that this should be cleared up by November, but what if you can't find "a very good tech" by then? Will you fall further behind? It's going to take time and money to find someone and then train them. Maybe they won't work out, and then you'll need to find someone else. I realize the need to explain yourself and make a dent in this mess, but don't make more promises that you can't keep. It'll just hurt your reputation more. If it were really as easy as just "paying a very good tech" wouldn't you have done this already?
Old 15th September 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
This isn't a ponzi scheme. We've created our own voice and wave chip. I don't need some sort of a board stealing ponzi scheme to get by.
-ALLEN
I'm sorry, sir, but based upon what so many people here have said, your word is basically worthless.

You should PROVE that you don't have a ponzi scheme going by:

1. Promising here, now, to IMMEDIATELY make a full refund and IMMEDIATELY return the synth to ANYONE who is tired of waiting, no questions asked.

2. Promising here, now, to provide a 50% refund to anyone whose board has not been returned to them by November 30, without excuses, no questions asked.

Quote:
I believe FINALLY , we'll be out of this mess before thanksgiving.

Thanks, we will get thru this.
There's no "we" involved here, it is just you.

And it is readily apparent that you are responsible for your own stress-related issues. You could help relieve them and get people off your back by making the promises suggested above, and living up to them. You are stressed because you have people hounding you, because as people here have said, it seems to be the only way for people to get their boards back from you. Can you blame them?

Make the commitments and regain your credibility, sir.
Old 16th September 2014
Gear Addict

Keeping positive, I will post the days progress, everyday, from here on. Stephen B - Gr700 module board, Wayne D - Gr700 module board, Chris M - MKS 30 module board, and Nick Z - 106 module board. 4 out today total.

There will be pictures of the customs, but I didn't think you all wanted to see circuit boards. Different boxes would be more proof. The circuit boards all look alike. I just can't list tracking numbers because they list the first and last name and where it's going.
Attached Thumbnails
SynthSpa Public Message Allen Coppock-photo-1.jpg  
Old 17th September 2014
Gear Addict

Today's finished pieces ; Kyle - custom cream 106, David - Gr 700 full board, Florentine - Gr 700 full board, Kotso - 106 Module board. ( McAustin your cream 106 will be out tomorrow, I was just waiting to hear where you want it sent since you'll be out of town soon.

Scott W, I DO already have a tech working for me. AND one intern who comes in when he can .
Attached Thumbnails
SynthSpa Public Message Allen Coppock-9-16-14.jpg  
Old 18th September 2014
Here for the gear

Quote:
Keeping positive, I will post the days progress, everyday, from here on. Stephen B - Gr700 module board, Wayne D - Gr700 module board, Chris M - MKS 30 module board, and Nick Z - 106 module board. 4 out today total.

There will be pictures of the customs, but I didn't think you all wanted to see circuit boards. Different boxes would be more proof. The circuit boards all look alike. I just can't list tracking numbers because they list the first and last name and where it's going.
This is good news. Please keep the community updated + contacting the individual as well.

Thanks
Old 18th September 2014
Gear Addict

SynthSpa Out for today 9/17/14; Mark C - Cream meanie 106 ( slightly different than yesterday's cream 106), Zaied - Juno 106 full restore , and David G - Juno 106 module board. 3 total for today.
Attached Thumbnails
SynthSpa Public Message Allen Coppock-out-9-17-14.jpg  
Old 18th September 2014
Gear interested

I'd like to say that Allen has always answered all of my phone calls and always told me I could call whenever I wanted to see how things were going...and he even initiated the call to me yesterday to let me know one of my boards was on its way. I really do believe that Allen has the best intentions for our boards and in my experience he has always been friendly and courteous.
Old 18th September 2014
Here for the gear

Quote:
SynthSpa Out for today 9/17/14; Mark C - Cream meanie 106 ( slightly different than yesterday's cream 106), Zaied - Juno 106 full restore , and David G - Juno 106 module board. 3 total for today.
This is how you turn a thread around!!
Old 18th September 2014
Quote:
Hey that's my Cream Juno! And my case!!! My buddy Marc and I sent him three 106's and Alan has constantly updated us and kept us in the loop. I'm super excited!!!
Old 19th September 2014
Lives for gear
Hopin to see my Jupiter 4 soon.
Old 19th September 2014
Gear Addict

Hi Guys! out today; Nicholas - HS-60, Barnes - warrantee work on a 106 panel board.

Dubnspace.... Me too! it's gonna rock, the only one of it's kind soon. I'll post a preliminary pic, once the graphics come in. All the mods are on they way from Europe. They should actually be at the post office waiting.

Mcaustin....and Popbott.... Thank you! Can't wait til you guys get all 3. I made the lighted bender a more solid blue. LED's from underneath is the way to go.

Foxly.... absolutely . I'll be doing it everyday til we are caught up. Taking a break on just Sat and Sun, to order parts, catch up on wood etc etc...
Attached Thumbnails
SynthSpa Public Message Allen Coppock-9-19-14.jpg  
Old 20th September 2014
Quote:
Hi Guys!

Mcaustin....and Popbott.... Thank you! Can't wait til you guys get all 3. I made the lighted bender a more solid blue. LED's from underneath is the way to go.
Allen, we actually bought our Blue LED Bender kits online from a private seller. I always felt mine was a little dim and had actually planned to replace the LEDs at a later time. Thank you so much for that!
Old 20th September 2014
Gear Addict

Working on a souped up JX3p with a KIWI mod, and Jupiter 8 filters, so it's taking a little more than a day. Did you know that there are only about 24 components that need to be changed out to match the Jupiter 8 filters? but after you change it out, it's exactly the same. So I may post it tomorrow after all. Instead, tonight I'll post this Purple Juno 60 that went out the week before we started this. It's the only one that exists at the moment.
Attached Thumbnails
SynthSpa Public Message Allen Coppock-purple-juno60.jpg  
Old 20th September 2014
Gear Addict

well sheesh... It was right side up before I posted.

Popbott. Ya! it's just bright enough now. I also resistored DOWN the panel LEDs because they were TOO bright. You should see that tracking number in the system. Have a great weekend.
Old 20th September 2014
Gear Head

love the frequent updates!

Old 23rd September 2014
Gear Addict

It's MONDAY! and tonights post will be the KIWI3p a customer picked up locally. He's coming back this Christmas to change it into a LIME green 3p just like this 106 I'll post. If you've got a Jx 3p, I HIGHLY recommend doing the KIWI 3p mod to it. It actually changes the sound a bit, as well as provides superior control and an extra LFO.
Attached Thumbnails
SynthSpa Public Message Allen Coppock-limegreen.jpg   SynthSpa Public Message Allen Coppock-kiwi3p.jpg  
Old 24th September 2014
Gear Addict

Tuesday night's post. Here's a polysix with brand new walnut wood ends and a KIWISIX mod for customer friend, Jay L. Hopefully headed down to Chattanooga tomorrow for drop off.
Attached Thumbnails
SynthSpa Public Message Allen Coppock-polysix.jpg  
Old 24th September 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
This isn't a ponzi scheme. We've created our own voice and wave chip. I don't need some sort of a board stealing ponzi scheme to get by..
From what I've seen I respectfully disagree. We're not referring to board stealing or voice chips or anything. The simple fact is you take money up front, and instead of fixing the synths and returning them, you need more money and more synths in order to get the previous ones done and out the door. If this wasn't the case then you wouldn't accept more work until the previous jobs are done. Simple as that (it's like an episode of American Greed for synths). Sorry to make light of it. Obviously you're not getting rich here, but what is also obvious is that if you need to operate that way it's not a viable business. Good luck with the backlog though I think everyone's hoping all these people get their synths back, correct serial numbers and end panels and all!
Old 25th September 2014
Gear interested

Follow up

I joined just to post to this thread.

I sent my Juno 106 to Synthspa in mid July. I did not seen this thread or I probably would not have. He was accepting synths in July. My synth was in great condition, having been in the case for most the past 30 years and seeing very little road use, just occasional studio use. It needed a new battery, faders cleaned/rebuilt, and a recalibration but the voice chips were all working perfectly when I sent it. I wasn't asking for anything custom at all.

I checked in with him at the end of August and I did receive a very polite email from him after a couple of days telling me it would take another week or so.

I sent another email today but have not heard anything yet. It's only been a little over 2 months so far, compared to some of your stories of a year or more. I hope I'm one of the lucky ones.
Old 25th September 2014
Gear Addict

Tonights finished work. Daniel S - White meanie Juno 106. This at one time was just a normal full restoration. Daniel got lost in the shuffle and it should have been out long before, being that it was just electronics to begin with. SO! I did something for him to try and make up for some of the pain. I made it Custom for Him. I'll do this and more for all of you willing to help me thru. I just can't give refunds.

ndynamics - Thanks for chiming in, it won't be long however, Since yours is an electronic repair only, ( If I remember correctly) . My tech comes in on tuesday's and thursday's and that's when we concentrate on what I call normal restorations. This person is great at it. But this person does not know how to do the custom work. I do custom work Monday, Wednesday, Friday. THe few normal repairs that do trickle in thru the website at about one a week, I'll accept, because i'm giving the proper turn around times now. I always give longer turn around times for custom synths. If I'm close to the turn around time I quoted you, PLEASE give me a heads up, and I'll do my best to have it out right around that day.
Attached Thumbnails
SynthSpa Public Message Allen Coppock-9-24-14.jpg  
Old 25th September 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by azone2 View Post
The simple fact is you take money up front, and instead of fixing the synths and returning them, you need more money and more synths in order to get the previous ones done and out the door.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildOlive
I'll do this and more for all of you willing to help me thru. I just can't give refunds.
Well, azone2, I think you have your confirmation right there.
Old 25th September 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
I just can't give refunds

Right...because you have already spent the money and because you are using new orders to pay bills.

Stack em up man...they will just keep coming in and the ones that have been there for almost two years...oh well..they wont mind...you can just do a few posts on gearslutz from time to time saying that you are trying to catch up and that you are having problems of some sort...its worked for the past two years so nothing to worry about.

Problem solved
Old 25th September 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Ivory View Post
Right...because you have already spent the money and because you are using new orders to pay bills.

Stack em up man...they will just keep coming in and the ones that have been there for almost two years...oh well..they wont mind...you can just do a few posts on gearslutz from time to time saying that you are trying to catch up and that you are having problems of some sort...its worked for the past two years so nothing to worry about.

Problem solved
Yes exactly what I was getting at. I apologize to Allen if it makes him upset, I know he's in a tough spot. It's just that as a bystander I've seen these threads going on for over two years... it's laughable at this point. I'm super frustrated and I don't even have a synth there! About once every 9 months or when things come to a head a people talk about taking action.. he shows up and throws up a few jpeg's of current work to try to quite everyone down...
Old 25th September 2014
Gear Maniac

I am completely unapologetic.
Old 26th September 2014
Gear Addict

This is BEYOND throwing up a few posts. I've been posting every week day and will till I'm completely caught up. I've said this up above. And I've proven it by posting names and entirely different pictures. AND I HAVEN'T missed a day. There's your proof. The boards simply DO not come in as fast or as much as you think they do. One a week tops. We get out at least 5 a week. That means we will not be back logged for ever. I'm predicting mid November max.

Tonights finished work; Eric H. - classic blue meanie 106 , Pete M. - Hs-60 full restore.
Attached Thumbnails
SynthSpa Public Message Allen Coppock-9-25-14.jpg  
Old 26th September 2014
Gear interested

Any idea on a time frame for Robbie C.'s Juno 106 full restoration?
Old 26th September 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
This is BEYOND throwing up a few posts. I've been posting every week day...
.. For a week. It would be good to see it continue for the next few months until everyone gets their synth back. Good luck I think everyone's routing for you - especially those sans synth (they have no choice apparently)
Old 26th September 2014
Gear Head

Quote:
This is BEYOND throwing up a few posts. I've been posting every week day and will till I'm completely caught up. I've said this up above. And I've proven it by posting names and entirely different pictures. AND I HAVEN'T missed a day. There's your proof.
Actually, it still is throwing up a few posts. Keep it up and opinions will shift, but right now there's years of bad history, including BBB claims, with a lot of silence on your end. This showing of good will and proofs have been coming for about a week now.

I'm not a customer of yours, and will not be for the foreseeable future. Maybe a few years from now the skies will have cleared and the sun will have been shining on your spa non-stop, but now? No. I'm sorry, I hope things will turn around for you on the organisational side as well as reputation. Keep in mind that it takes a long time to build a good reputation, seconds to destroy it and forever to recover. Good luck. I mean it.
Old 27th September 2014
Gear Addict

THanks guys. I'll take that all to heart. I'll win you all back. eventually.

Robbie, I'm working on the schedule as it morphs each week. I just got on. Can you call me and we'll get a better idea at the end of this weekend . For obvious reasons I need to be careful about the actual shipping date I give you. I want to make sure it's accurate . 615-212-8612

Tonights finished work; Mike T - juno 106 full restoration with stained cherry sides.
Attached Thumbnails
SynthSpa Public Message Allen Coppock-9-26-14.jpg  
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search