The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
SynthSpa Public Message Allen Coppock
Old 28th July 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by VashTheStampede View Post
Hey WildOlive is there a decent turnaround on custom work at the moment?
Well, I'm about 5 years in and counting.
Old 22nd August 2018
Gear Addict

Hey guys!

I apologize for being off this grid. I've been waiting to present the Jupiter 4 all finished. All we need now is just a button for the chorus on/off. The fixed voice board failed again, but I believe this is because I had left the calibration too high after inserting the new chips. I have plenty , so this shouldn't be a problem.

I'm currently searching for health care. My Adrenal fatigue is bad enough that I can't run (exercise) anymore to limit stress. hoping it hasn't morphed into full blown Cushing's disease. I will confirm this with a health care professional soon.

Here are some photo's of completed work. And probably the most important photo is of the synth caddies empty at the top, and emptying out at the bottom. The top holds 16 synths. I'm closing in towards only ANKLE DEEP. I did at one time have boxes in the hallway- They are ALL gone. As you can see I haven't been taking any orders except for local boards only, which aren't very many. AND circuit board work thru EBAY.

There are a few synths on the opposite side of the room like the JP4.

Tonight's photo's are ; Steve's JP6, Dave's Blue meanie 106, and Ed's Juno 60.

I'll just get back on and post no matter what til were done!

See ya soon!
Attached Thumbnails
SynthSpa Public Message Allen Coppock-stacks.jpg   SynthSpa Public Message Allen Coppock-j60.jpg   SynthSpa Public Message Allen Coppock-jup.jpg   SynthSpa Public Message Allen Coppock-bm.jpg  
Old 20th September 2018
Gear Addict

Hi Guys! Here's some more oldies out the door.

MR DUB! I finally have some space again to get to your Jupiter 4 this coming Monday. Hopefully the fix for the voice card will hold and that's it.

The last picture is Robert's everything 106. it is in progress.

that prophet 106 came in again for warrantee work. thought I should show it again. He's finished.
Attached Thumbnails
SynthSpa Public Message Allen Coppock-lime-green-106.jpg   SynthSpa Public Message Allen Coppock-prophet-106.jpg   SynthSpa Public Message Allen Coppock-industrial-106.jpg   SynthSpa Public Message Allen Coppock-ev-106-.jpg   SynthSpa Public Message Allen Coppock-ev-106.jpg  

Old 15th November 2018
Here for the gear

Hi Allen,

18 months ago you have received my Juno106.

I know during this time you have sent two conflicting emails about what needed replacing, so I need to make sure you still have the one I sent which did have a working HPF slider, and working power, and only 2 sliders with caps that needed replacing.

And when I can expect to receive it?

Sorry to have posted here, but I have sent several emails this year to both of your email addresses, including one today, without a reponse.

Regards
Rob
Old 15th November 2018
Gear Addict

Hi Rob,

The one you sent today, I responded to less than 10 minutes later.

Hi Guys, Here's some new stuff. Still working on the Jupiter 4. ! Need a push button for the Chorus. None are available. Working on retro fitting a Juno 60 push button on/off for it.

In the meantime, Here's some finished synths. 2 junior 106's off the old pile. Looks like the old pile will be finished Jan 19' now.
Attached Thumbnails
SynthSpa Public Message Allen Coppock-img_2784.jpg   SynthSpa Public Message Allen Coppock-img_2790.jpg   SynthSpa Public Message Allen Coppock-img_2794.jpg   SynthSpa Public Message Allen Coppock-img_2807.jpg  
Old 13th December 2018
Here for the gear

Hey Allen,

I'm hoping one of those Polysixes in that photo is mine. Sent it in for tuning a good while back (and then we decided to throw a lighted bender on it). Also, you said something about having already removed the battery cap due to the new battery mod.

Anyway, just checking in here to see if there's any updates or ETA.

Cheers,

Kevin P.
Old 19th February 2019
Here for the gear

Progress report

Hi Allen,

Whats the status?
I am waiting for your progress report you promised in November.

I have sent 4 or 5 emails, which you have not responded to since then.

I really hope I can see the juno in my hands in the next month.

Regards
Rob
Old 4th April 2019
Gear Addict

Hi Guys!

Well, I'm officially temporarily closing , and reopening in the Fall. I've never tried this approach to getting out of the backlog and I think it's going to work this time. Just have to put a temp. closed sign on the website, and I'm only taking a few circuit boards on EBAY that don't take very long , and won't interfere with the backlog effort!

I also had a ton of work to do on this CS80, and Jupiter 6. BOTH problem boards.. But they're out! Also an old Polysix went out. Kevin, yours was not quite as old, so I'll be getting your polysix out next post! Like a dork I forgot to take a pic of the CS80 with the lid closed. It had a full right side rebuild along with the entire Keybed rebuilt. See ya soon!
Attached Thumbnails
SynthSpa Public Message Allen Coppock-cs80.jpg   SynthSpa Public Message Allen Coppock-jp6.jpg   SynthSpa Public Message Allen Coppock-polysix.jpg  
Old 4th April 2019
Gear Addict

Rob,

I have not received that many emails from you. I've received one each time I respond, and I respond soon after I receive them . You're junior 106 will be out next post.
Old 12th April 2019
Had a local tech screw up a single Analog Renaissance VC replacement, seemingly borking the traces and all. Happily took my money too.

After speaking with him via email, I took a chance and sent Allen that 106 module board this week. We'll see how it goes and will report back when I receive it!
Old 5th May 2019
Here for the gear

Hi Allen,

I have indeed sent emails, but they usually go unanswered. I found if I post here, and then also email, then you respond.

I hope you are feeling better, and things have been sorted out.

Just checking in since you told me you would update me soon back in early March.

Regards
Rob
Old 10th May 2019
I'm at a month now for the module board. No word and no reply to emails.
Old 13th May 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breaks Dude View Post
I'm at a month now for the module board. No word and no reply to emails.
Ha! You must be new here.

Allen does great work, but he works more in years, rather than months.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Hi Guys,

Here's the Juniors being worked on.

The Black will go out first. Te cream next, the white last as it's waiting for special graphics.

The Moog Rogue is going out after I figure out how to get the LEDS brighter.
Attached Thumbnails
SynthSpa Public Message Allen Coppock-juniors.jpg   SynthSpa Public Message Allen Coppock-rogue-front.jpg   SynthSpa Public Message Allen Coppock-rogue-benders.jpg  
Old 3 weeks ago
Almost at 2 months on this module board. Not a word. Responded very quickly when I was ordering and making the payment, now nothing. Kinda disappointed.

"The turn around is quick for solo circuit boards.

Probably just 2 weeks or less. Maybe sooner.?"
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Breaks Dude,

Send me a message , I don't know who you are.....

Allen
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Tonight's post. Bobbi's 106.

Needed tons of work , stored in a barn. More tomorrow night!
Attached Thumbnails
SynthSpa Public Message Allen Coppock-bobbis.jpg   SynthSpa Public Message Allen Coppock-bobbis.jpg  
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildOlive View Post
Breaks Dude,

Send me a message , I don't know who you are.....

Allen
I sent an email to your yahoo.com address following up on the previous emails. Thanks.
Old 1 week ago
I just wanted to update this thread and let everyone know I got my module board back, installed it this week and could not be more pleased. I have owned this 106 for over three years, bought it broken for $140, and haven't heard it until this week. Allen did a great job and was very responsive once we got everything back on track. He's a wizard with these boards, just prepare to wait a bit. I think it was totally worth the wait.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search