The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Commercial reviews
Old 11th February 2013
Gear Head

Commercial reviews

Hi.
I enjoy a daily dose of the website Music Gear, Equipment, Tuition & Reviews | MusicRadar. Mostly for entertainment and reading bout glossy gear news. But as far as consumer research goes, I must say their review ratings seem ridiculous! I know it's owned by Future Publishing, and their obvious links to the industry. But WTF are they thinking!? Throwing stars left and right at anything, any piece of crap thats comes around gets gold! Seems like they're shooting themselves in the foot, stripping themselves of any integrity the way they operate.

Any tips on similar sites, but with 'real' reviews, not infomercials…?

Yup, -GS works great for honest reviews, but it's not exactly a feast on the eye with it's early 90's Windows design (anyone offended by this statement should have a candy-bar and stick their heads in the fridge, -your blood sugar's low)

Martin

NB: I wish SOS magazine was more web orientated, but I guess it's not very profitable for them giving it away for "free".
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search