The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Should artists give you credit?
Old 15th June 2006
Lives for gear

Should artists give you credit?

I did some quick work for a band am I am wondering if I should get credit? Is a band obligated to do so? I dont think so but I thought I would bring this topic up......

I prepared mixes for mastering. I was told to NOT TOUCH the final mixes. I asked 3 times and I listened to them. I bounced out the 24 bit files and made a refrence disk. I got a call later saying that they didnt like it. You know where this is going..... anyways I had to remix the bass guitars and a little vox work. Then I gave them another cd after they had an attitude (no extra cost). Then they said, "where are the bass drops". I didnt know there were supposed to be bass drops so I just put them in 2 songs.

The problem is I did these guys a favor and they are a young punk/emo type band that just gets attitudes with me. I think I am going to call them and tell them what I want. I dont know how else to handel this, I am helping them and doing favors and I get attitudes and they show up a hour late to pick their cd's up and just headaches!

So now I have to ask myself if I should get mixing credits. Its not a big deal but I did the work so I deserve that.....

right?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search