The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
"An Inconvenient Truth"
Old 2nd June 2006
Lives for gear

"An Inconvenient Truth"

see this movie.......

although i truly hate the idiot (our president), i have never been a big fan
of al gore.......this film changed all that..... i have a deep respect for the man and his
life of service as he travels the globe giving his lecture......

this film is quite scary.....global warming is perhaps the only issue that truly
matters right now - more menacing than someone cloning ossama bin laden....

we, here in the united states , have the largest responsibility in this matter as the
world's largest polluters......

china achieves higher fuel efficiency cars right now than we are projected to make
ten years from now.......

all of the funds we are putting into the war on terror should be put into clean
fuel production technologies to replace the use of coal - we should then give these
technologies outright to whoever needs them

this country and this globe need real leaders.......
the oligarchy needs to be abandoned
we need goals bigger than greed and money
goals that will inspire people and give them hope and
dignity and create the possibilty that cities like new york and chicago
will not simply be desserted twenty years from now due to air-conditioning
costs

this concept has been non-existent during these bush years and the previous
bush 1 years, and certainly during the reagan years...
the clinton years had great publicity and a strong c + performance in this
arena in my opinion
see the movie.....

are there any slutz running studios on solar power ??

be well

- jack
Old 2nd June 2006
Lives for gear
Sure, thats a big problem. But what would happen if they suddenly found a synthetic substitue for oil, that produced no pollution and was cheaper than fossil fuels?

Answer: a) that would help the environment and b) the Middle East would crumble.

That area of the world is dependant on other nations dependance on oil. If we stop the cashflow into that region, they would become even more destitue and militant (just like North Korea). So either way, defeating terrorism and Muslim extremism is the real "inconvenient truth".

I don't think anyone with any sort of independant ration thought bought the excuse that Iraq has WMDs, it just reeked of bull****. The problem is, the war was a pre-empted war to begin with, and it had to be. Ousting Saddam and creating a democratic government was/is key in the strategic efforts to defeat "terrorism" (am I the only one thats ****ing sick of that word?... most overused term ever). Bush and co. ****ed the whole thing up by lying about the cause, and failing to convince other countries to provide support, because the Administrationi thought no one would understand the preemptive nature of the conflict. In addition, they have ****ed up the restructuring so much, that its questionable if the goal can ever be achieved.

Even bigger, if we **** this up to the extent of failure, that affects our relationship with China, the other big oil consumer on the globe. This is why we need to strengthen our ties with China... If we **** up the Iraq war even more, no one will have reason to fear our military. So if the factions in China that wish to see the US fall (they do exist) get into power, the fight over the last remaining oil in the world will be fought between the US and China, resulting in a devastating World War.

So unfortunately, we have to bring peace to the middle east. If we stop our dependence on fossil fuels (thereby eliminating energy crisises and potential military conflict) we will need to fight the terrorists (ugh) anyway. So now that we're up to our asses in **** over there, we need to finish it, and do whatever it takes. This is why it is currently the most important issue in our world, even more important than pollution.

Sorry, I don't usually wax political, especially on an audio forum.
Old 3rd June 2006
Gear Addict

NO

There is a clean-burning replenishable alternative to fossil fuels. It's called Bio Diesel, and it's been around since the Ford's first engines at the World's Fair. It can be created from any number of vegetable oil sources. Yeah, that's right, it's made from vegetables. Imagine that! We could feed the world and burn clean fuel if we grew vegetables instead of meat factories. Think about it. There are even synthetic motor oils that last much longer than regular oil, and work better, because they don't start to break down at high temperature. Any, i repeat any diesel engine can run on bio-diesel, without any modification. You just can't put bio-diesel in an engine that has been already running on gasoline. On top of that, the emission smell like donuts/french fries, not like poison. So... a viable, superior alternative was available from the beginning of automobiles, yet... for some reason nobody knows anything about bio-diesel. I wonder why!

Humans don't need crude oil. Nobody does.

The president's daddy is one of the biggest tycoons. The oil industry must be the largest in the world. So take that into consideration...

Or... think of it like this:

"He who controls the spice, controls the universe."

Take care
Old 3rd June 2006
Lives for gear
I know about biodiesel. And I think its an awesome idea. I'm totally pro- "new energy sources".
Old 3rd June 2006
Lives for gear

The delay in the introduction of alternative fuel sources in this country (globally as well) is a desicion made based on the fact that doing that would collapse the United States economy at present. What happens to all the oil burning cars in production and the hundreds of millions driving around as we speak? What happens to the gas stations that are designed to pump petrollium? And of course the biggest concern of all to the government, what happens to "Big Business". This government is still operating under the otiginsl institutions it was founded on. It's because of this that we'll never fully warm up to China. We're communist hating bastards at our very core (speaking about our government/military), which is why our relationship with China will always be a business only deal. If you notice, all the countries Bush's administration have targeted have been dictatorships and communist regimes. No surpise st all, we're living in an extended Cold War era..
Old 3rd June 2006
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorGlory

I don't think anyone with any sort of independant ration thought bought the excuse that Iraq has WMDs, it just reeked of bull****. The problem is, the war was a pre-empted war to begin with, and it had to be. Ousting Saddam and creating a democratic government was/is key in the strategic efforts to defeat "terrorism"
The first part of your statement is so true - but how can you say that dismounting Saddam and asserting democracy was the goal. Clearly oil was the motivation in the first place. Claiming that we aren't switching to clean energy because we don't want to cut the middle-easts oil-based income and thereby spurn more terrorism is a little glorified.

If the war was being fought for freedom, then there are plenty of other areas to liberate, which we don't seem concerned about at all!

The reason we aren't switching to clean energy is because of cost, and the loss of profits to the powers that be.

Maybe if we as a society had the guts to be pre-emptive about the environment, we'd realize that short term struggles in converting to clean energy are essential in securing our future!

But money makes the world go round... and that's the 'inconvenient truth'.

It's people like Al Gore who will save the world - not George Bush with his paranoid (and profit driven) war mongering.

Al Gore for president I say!
Old 3rd June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012
Or... think of it like this:

"He who controls the spice, controls the universe."
DUNE!
Old 3rd June 2006
Lives for gear

Bush = Harkonnen

Where the hell is an Atreides when you need one?
Old 3rd June 2006
Lives for gear

All those economic issues that seem so important now won't seem like such a big deal when our coastal areas are underwater and our ability to grow crops goes to hell.
Old 3rd June 2006
Lives for gear

or when it is so hot that churches are being used in a jonestown kinda way.......
wine flavored kool aid......not enough air conditioning...........not worth
hanging out........

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search