The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Germany World Cup 2006-Brazil vs (...) PLACE YOUR VOTE HERE Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 28th June 2006
Gear Addict

I still say Germany vs Brazil.

Ze Roberto. Do you see that guy getting back and making tackles--amazing.
Old 28th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by inlinenl
Well the dutch team out ...... not a nice game .. good thriller ... just not a good team...

Brazil wil not win ..... argentina or germany will .....

greetings Wim
I'm way late with this response, but hey this is the moan zone....... My opinion is that this has been Holland's best team since years...

I mean, in the WC before this one, Holland did have strong players too, but you couldn't call it a team, more like super players, proviting from all the tv commercials they did.

Van Basten picked out some fresh guys and made them play together instead of solo.

And allthough I'd rather have van Nistelrooi in the field instead of Kuyt, I still think van Basten did the right thing. He just gave opportunities to fresh players hungry to play. I am relieved Van Basten stays till the next EuroChampionship.

And what a lousy game against Portugal! They definately didn't deserve to win! At times I felt ashamded about the dutch players too, like all the asking and moaning for cards against Portugal (Robben for example), but I could understand that the players got frustrated as there was just no way to play anymore, if you'd try to play, you'd get a card.
Old 29th June 2006
Lives for gear

Smile Ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanTan
i think Robinho is the only true representative of original Brazilian football, on open field this kid will outperform any player in the world, the problem is it's not an open field... but still i prefer him on Adriano, but with Robinho the tactics will be more of 4:5:1 (like in the second half of the last game) than the regular 4:4:2 , and i think it's risky to let Ronaldo play there all by himself

and another thing mio Brazilero hermano heh , i realy miss Edmilson , Emerson is not as good in any category
With Robinho and Ronaldo playing together, Brazil team looks really like an brazilian soccer time, not like an " european " soccer style. Just good for europeans players, of course.
Yes, Emerson looks like tired always, he looks like moving a piano in his head
Brazil can win Germany Cup but im affraid FIFA people give drugs for they how in 1998 against France.
Yes, FIFA people gave drugs for brazil team in 1998.
But , Brazil team need win England and smash that Beckham, the playboy.
The referee to brazil x france is the same of the Italy ( controversial penalty ) against Australia.
Old 29th June 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by No4PCs
Brazil team need win England and smash that Beckham, the playboy.
nice goal from his free kick heh the "playboy" can score !
Old 29th June 2006
Lives for gear

Cool Hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanTan
nice goal from his free kick heh the "playboy" can score !

Yes, that english "playboy" will not see the ball when against Brazilian line defense.
funny
Old 29th June 2006
Lives for gear

Exclamation Yes ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beranie
uh ohhh...
the aussis totally screwed it
That Australy x Italy ( 0-1 ) with that "controversial last minute penalty favour Italy team ).The referee will be the same person to Brazil x France.
If Brazil suffer something in last minute, i will believe in a " kind of conspiracy" against "non europeans teams " in this Cup !
If this happens, no more football for me, never more !
Old 29th June 2006
Lives for gear

Any comments about Messi?

What do you Brazilians think about Messi?
Old 29th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
so IF it happens = conspiracy

" when the ref blows the whistle, the games over " heh
Old 29th June 2006
Gear Maniac

Thumbs up "the final kick"

A LITTLE off topic, but:
Anyone seen the documentary "the final kick"???? It was filmed by a german crew in several spots all over the world (one spot was in prison somewhere, another was a harem (is it the word in english??) for example...really funny places, about 15), just observing the peoples reactions to the wordcup final Brazil-Italy in 1994!
Its really worth taking a look. Its great!!! heh
Old 29th June 2006
Lives for gear
Quote:
That Australy x Italy ( 0-1 ) with that "controversial last minute penalty favour Italy team ).The referee will be the same person to Brazil x France.
If Brazil suffer something in last minute, i will believe in a " kind of conspiracy" against "non europeans teams " in this Cup !
i don't even think its non european teams - i think it's big against small teams (for ratings). portugal/holland for example.
Old 29th June 2006
Lives for gear

Smile Good player

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowStorm
Any comments about Messi?

What do you Brazilians think about Messi?
Good player from Argentina team.
We have Ronaldinho ( The best player of the world ), but no score for brazilian team since 2005... Can you explain this for me ?
Football is a trick business.
Old 29th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Good player from Argentina team.
We have Ronaldinho ( The best player of the world ), but no score for brazilian team since 2005... Can you explain this for me ?
Football is a trick business.
Well, what I've found out about Ronaldinho is that he does a lot of good decisions, but he also does a lot of unnecessary bad decisions. In my opinion he can't really become like Messi before he stops doing these unnecessary bad decisions. Have you noticed that Ronaldinho never wants to move the ball himself more than a few meters? You never see him making the decision of simply moving deep into the box with the ball and score. I don't know if he is lazy/afraid or something, but for some reason he doesn't want to stretch his skills when it's match time. He want's to do technically advanced stuff but within a very small area. Messi on the other hand really stretches his skills by going deep and far and then shooting or passing. A such player is much more efficient in terms of attacking. But then again, Messi sometimes doesn't know when it's time to pass and when it's time to do something himself. He is a bit more impulsive in that way. But when he becomes more mature I think he will have the qualities that Ronaldinho currently has plus being more efficient in terms of attacking. Also, Ronaldinho generally doesn't use chances of shooting close to the box. Bad decisions. Compare him with for instance Ballack in the same position, he has scored more in the team and he shoots much more. I'll give you an example:

Brazil - Ghana

Shots on goal by Ronaldo de Assis Moreira: 1

Germany - Sweden

Shots on goal by Michael Ballack: 5

I can understand that it's sometimes a bit frustrating to have such a talented player like Ronaldinho in the team that doesn't score more than he does. And it is in my opinion a weakness. Only a good coach can make him confident enough to be able to let his qualities really shine. Currently the coach allows him to not be 100% confident in his playing, resulting in a lot of unnecessary bad decisions.
Old 29th June 2006
i don't know, but to me it looks like Ronaldinho's role is crucial as the keeper of the ball near the front line. it looks like even the opposing players don't try to take the ball from him, because it's a losing proposition. they just wait for him to pass it. when Ronaldinho has the ball, Ronaldo etc. have that crucial moment to find a setup for it.
Old 29th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricey
i don't know, but to me it looks like Ronaldinho's role is crucial as the keeper of the ball near the front line. it looks like even the opposing players don't try to take the ball from him, because it's a losing proposition. they just wait for him to pass it. when Ronaldinho has the ball, Ronaldo etc. have that crucial moment to find a setup for it.
Yep, I've thought same as well... Then I've thought about it for a while and realised the aim is not to keep the ball near the front line, the aim is to score. And if he can't do it by forcing through the defence he should shoot it in the goal when he gets a good enough chance. He should use Kaka as an example of that...
Old 29th June 2006
Lives for gear

Lightbulb Hey dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricey
Hey, you said living in Copan building, as you know one of the most historics buildings in the Sao Paulo heart !
So many artists living there.
You will participate of the best victory party if Brazil team win Cup.Or THE nightmare ! ( I hope not )
Planning build your studio in town? Copan have many lofts as you know !
Ok friend.
Old 30th June 2006
Lives for gear

The Final is gonna be France Vs Germany !!!!
The french have only started to show off against Spain.... You'll see now there is some pressure involved, they will do great!
Old 30th June 2006
Lives for gear

Exclamation Bye bye

Vaja con Dios, Argentina team. Hahahahaha
Old 30th June 2006
Quote:
Vaja con Dios, Argentina team. Hahahahaha
Booyakasha!!!! now for the grudge match tomorrow...
Old 30th June 2006
Here for the gear

OK....

Italy-Ukraine 3-0 !!!!!

We all had a lot of fun here...

Germany wil be next!!! (which is very good for me since I'm half German, so one of my teams will be in the final game anyway )

Niiiiceee!!!

Old 30th June 2006
Lives for gear

Final 2006: Italy vs Brazil.

The Italians have grown stronger throughout the tournament; despite the scandale going on back home (plus the tragedy of Pesotto) they have showed an impressive focus on the game. I take that the USA match was a glitch on their behalf.
And Luca Toni has begun scoring.

ruudman
Old 30th June 2006
Lives for gear

It's shame because thru the 90 minutes and into the extension Argentina was better than Germany.

Germany got lucky in the penalty kicks...
Old 30th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsongs
Germany got lucky in the penalty kicks...
No. It's not luck, it's attitude. I KNEW that the Germans would make it given that it'd come to the penalty showdown.

I saw the Swiss team fail miserably in the penalties against Ukraine but again, the Germans never give up and especially don't loose their nerves in the line of fire.

There were also some nasty scenes started by some Argentinian Players going down after the game was over, definitely not cool.

I'm really glad that the Germans made it today given how the press treated them before the World Cup started.
Old 30th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorknocker
No. It's not luck, it's attitude. I KNEW that the Germans would make it given that it'd come to the penalty showdown.
I would hardly call winning in "penalty shootouts" having more attitude. I don't know what game you watched but Argentina was better than Germany for 120 minutes. They showed a lot more attitude and played better than Germany with 70,000 fans and the Ref against them. They also had a lot more possesion.

Sure, Germany didn't give up, but they were not superior while the ball was in play. They were beaten thru the duration of the game and it if wasn't for the bad decisions with the subs it would've been another story. How the hell does he leave a player like Messi in the bench and bring in Cruz ? That's when they lost it...

Yes, Gemany gets to go thru, but they were not better...
Old 1st July 2006
Gear Maniac

Talking

Quote:
Im sorry, but, I couldnt care less! watched the game with ca 70k people here and can only say:
SEMI!!!!!!
Old 1st July 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
I would hardly call winning in "penalty shootouts" having more attitude. I don't know what game you watched but Argentina was better than Germany for 120 minutes. They showed a lot more attitude and played better than Germany with 70,000 fans and the Ref against them. They also had a lot more possesion.

Sure, Germany didn't give up, but they were not superior while the ball was in play. They were beaten thru the duration of the game and it if wasn't for the bad decisions with the subs it would've been another story. How the hell does he leave a player like Messi in the bench and bring in Cruz ? That's when they lost it...

Good teams find a way to win, regardless of how well they're playing in a particular game. I could say the same thing about Argentina against the Ivory Coast. The IC was much better overall, especially in the second half. But Argentina found a way to win the game anyway.

Same thing here. The Germans played poorly. Easily their worst game of this cup. Still, they found a way. Germany vs. Italy will be quite the game.

Dirk
Old 1st July 2006
Lives for gear

Cool France

En Garde !

Old 1st July 2006
Lives for gear

My friends, for you all I just have one word:

PORTUGAL
Old 1st July 2006
Lives for gear

Talking Yes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog_Chao_Chao
My friends, for you all I just have one word:

PORTUGAL

Old 1st July 2006
Lives for gear

One more Word

Ricardo

Old 1st July 2006
Lives for gear

Brasil IS GONE!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search