The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Germany World Cup 2006-Brazil vs (...) PLACE YOUR VOTE HERE Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 26th June 2006
hrn
Lives for gear

At least he made a world record
Old 26th June 2006
Gear Maniac

haha... yeh.
he may have done it on purpose!
Old 26th June 2006
hrn
Lives for gear

Go Go Ukraina against Italy
Old 27th June 2006
Lives for gear

Question 3 penalities

Switzerland team did lost 3 penalities. Bad lucky. But its just a game.
Old 27th June 2006
Lives for gear

It's almost impossible to guess the outcome of Argentina vs Germany.
Both teams can win, it depends on the nature of that very match. Germany at its best is controlling the game from the beginning, but I think both teams will start off being slightly defensive. I think Ballack can be taken out by offensive marking.
Will the Germans manage to do the same with Riquelme? Messi could be a wandering threat, but so can Klose on the other end of the pitch.
One tip: there's going to be a LOT of free kicks just outside the 18-yard box.

I wouldn't dismiss Italy, never. They may stumble their way to the final.

Portugal vs England. Hmm, difficult, it would have been easier if it was Scolari vs Svennis
- Scolari all the way.

ruudman
Old 27th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruudman
It's almost impossible to guess the outcome of Argentina vs Germany.
Both teams can win, it depends on the nature of that very match. Germany at its best is controlling the game from the beginning, but I think both teams will start off being slightly defensive. I think Ballack can be taken out by offensive marking.
Will the Germans manage to do the same with Riquelme? Messi could be a wandering threat, but so can Klose on the other end of the pitch.
One tip: there's going to be a LOT of free kicks just outside the 18-yard box.

I wouldn't dismiss Italy, never. They may stumble their way to the final.

Portugal vs England. Hmm, difficult, it would have been easier if it was Scolari vs Svennis
- Scolari all the way.

ruudman
I think the referee is quite important for this match, since Germany will be the team that will take advantage of a referee that whissles for a lot of free kicks, partly because it fits their style of playing and partly because the referee could to some extent be controlled by the home audience. Let's just hope that the referee will be better than the one in the game Portugal - Netherlands.

In my opinion Germany is a more productive team than Argentina. dreamsongs pointed out that's not the case since Argentina has scored much more goals. They have, BUT, when you discount the teams' best and worst game Germany has scored twice as much goals: 4 vs. 2 on 2 matches. This proves that Germany is not a less productive team overall, it shows that they score twice as much goals than Argentina per match. Something that is quite misleading about Argentina's goal scoring figure is the Argentina - Serbia and Montenegro 6-0. I watched this game and their playing in this game was not the way they normally play, Serbia and Montenegro lost all of their matches and Netherlands that Argentina played 0-0 against, won only by 1 goal against Serbia Montenegro. So overall, the Argentina's goal scoring figure is quite misleading. Also history supports this, Germany has scored 176 goals during their games in the World Cups, Argentina only 102, Germany has also won 3 World Cups, Argentina only two, of the two teams Germany won most recently. Germany has won all of their games so far, Argentina played draw against Netherlands and Mexico (Argentina won on over time).

Besides this, Argentina's road to the quarter final looks much weaker than Germany's. Germany played with confidence and easily scored 2 goals against Sweden in the round of 16, a team that generally has performed much better than Mexico in World Cups. Argentina played 1:1 during 90 minutes against Mexico in the round of 16, a team that lost against Portugal, Portugal who had difficulties in beating Netherlands in the round of 16. In my opinion Germany plays even more productive football than Netherlands, so also that points on the fact that Argentina will have a hard time beating Germany.

When all these points are summed up there are also some psychological reasons why Germany might perform better:

- Germany plays on home ground
- It's generally better if a team's best goal scorer didn't score in the last game because it adds more healthy motivation and preassure on the goal scorer. Crespo scored in the last game, Klose didn't.
- Germany has a stronger combination of two goal scorers as forwards (Podolski, Klose)
- Germany has a better goal scoring midfielder (Ballack) that hasn't yet scored in this World Cup, but might do it when it is the most important that he scores. He normally scores almost as much as Podolski and Klose.

I find it likely that both Klose and Ballack will score in the upcoming game.

BTW. I am not from Germany!
Old 27th June 2006
Lives for gear

Red face Waiting for French or Spain

Brazil win Ghana 3-0
Brazil team did lost so many goals.
I didnt like this game.Our "genius" coach dont change the main team.
Parreira coach choose make defensive schematic tactic. The people would like the reserve team playing because more offensive team.
Now will be Spain x French to quarters-final against Brazil. Lets see.tutt
Old 27th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by No4PCs
Brazil win Ghana 3-0
Parreira coach choose make defensive schematic tactic. The people would like the reserve team playing because more offensive team.
Yeah, I can understand your disspointment with Brazil right now, I was not at all fascinated by their play today, the players didn't seem very inspired at all. That plus the fact that their last goal was offside turned me off. I agree that some of this is due to Parreira, he is the one that is responsible for their game play, today he let Ronaldinho, Adriano among others walk on the pitch while people on the bench wanted play time. It would be cool if I would notice that Brazil would have it under control, the problem is that they don't. Put somebody like Klose, Podovski or Torres inside the box and the goals would rain. I was NOT conviced, far from good...

Spain - France, what an interesting game...! I'm really looking forward to this game and hope Torres and Henry will do great things tonight! This might very well become the best game so far in this World Cup! Enjoy it!!
Old 27th June 2006
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowStorm
I think the referee is quite important for this match, since Germany will be the team that will take advantage of a referee that whissles for a lot of free kicks, partly because it fits their style of playing and partly because the referee could to some extent be controlled by the home audience. Let's just hope that the referee will be better than the one in the game Portugal - Netherlands.

In my opinion Germany is a more productive team than Argentina. dreamsongs pointed out that's not the case since Argentina has scored much more goals. They have, BUT, when you discount the teams' best and worst game Germany has scored twice as much goals: 4 vs. 2 on 2 matches. This proves that Germany is not a less productive team overall, it shows that they score twice as much goals than Argentina per match. Something that is quite misleading about Argentina's goal scoring figure is the Argentina - Serbia and Montenegro 6-0. I watched this game and their playing in this game was not the way they normally play, Serbia and Montenegro lost all of their matches and Netherlands that Argentina played 0-0 against, won only by 1 goal against Serbia Montenegro. So overall, the Argentina's goal scoring figure is quite misleading. Also history supports this, Germany has scored 176 goals during their games in the World Cups, Argentina only 102, Germany has also won 3 World Cups, Argentina only two, of the two teams Germany won most recently. Germany has won all of their games so far, Argentina played draw against Netherlands and Mexico (Argentina won on over time).

Besides this, Argentina's road to the quarter final looks much weaker than Germany's. Germany played with confidence and easily scored 2 goals against Sweden in the round of 16, a team that generally has performed much better than Mexico in World Cups. Argentina played 1:1 during 90 minutes against Mexico in the round of 16, a team that lost against Portugal, Portugal who had difficulties in beating Netherlands in the round of 16. In my opinion Germany plays even more productive football than Netherlands, so also that points on the fact that Argentina will have a hard time beating Germany.

When all these points are summed up there are also some psychological reasons why Germany might perform better:

- It's generally better if a team's best goal scorer didn't score in the last game because it adds more healthy motivation and preassure on the goal scorer. Crespo scored in the last game, Klose didn't.
- Germany has a stronger combination of two goal scorers as forwards (Podolski, Klose)
- Germany has a better goal scoring midfielder (Ballack) that hasn't yet scored in this World Cup, but might do it when it is the most important that he scores. He normally scores almost as much as Podolski and Klose.

good points..But! this is knockout cuo football
anything can happen,and it realy depends on witch team peeks at the right time
as I said in my first post,Germany on home soil do have an advantage
just watched the Brazil Ghana game,and I must say if Ghana wasn`t so
nieve the would of beaten Brazil,may I also add that i think the argies have looked the best team so far,
roll on spain v France ....

Spain I reckon ??..
Old 27th June 2006
Quote:
Brazil win Ghana 3-0

Are you in SP now? i just got back here yesterday and it's an amazing thing to hear when BR scores. holy fireworks batman!!!
Old 27th June 2006
Lives for gear

Smile Yes friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricey
Are you in SP now? i just got back here yesterday and it's an amazing thing to hear when BR scores. holy fireworks batman!!!
Yes, im in SP, wow, its cool feel all brazilian ppl excitment by streets. Yes, is Cup days. Welcome back. By the way, do you know Mosh studios? The best studio in SP, i know a studio in south zone with vintage neve consoles and ameks too, good people, they stay in Vila Mariana. Welcome back Ricey.
Old 27th June 2006
Lives for gear

France - Spain 3-1

Spain didn't take the risks necessary to make those important good decisions. Their only goal was on penalty kick, something they got quite easily. They fell back in their playing, started wasting long balls, lost the ball easily to France and never showed an aggressive attacking. Torres lost the ball a number of times without fighting it back. Few shots on goal, few headings on goal, few free kicks on goal, a lot of unnecessary passes etc. France showed a solid defence, the attacking was weak overall, Henry didn't do much in the match. Zidane on the other hand did quite a good job. He finally sent Spain home by scoring in the final minutes. Totally fair.
Old 27th June 2006
Lives for gear

Arrow Final quarters completed game list.

Quarter finals completed.

06/30 Germany x Argentina
Italy x Ukrayne
07/01 England x Portugal
Brazil x France

Good game, France win Spain, equal forces, but France made better in the final minutes.
Zidane score in last minute
France kicked off Brazil in 1998 final game, and Zidane was the intelectual mentor of that brazilian nightmare.That game Ronaldo had epilepsy coma, but this time will be different.Brazil will make the best game against France. Lets see, we claim for 1998 revenge, hehe .
Old 27th June 2006
Gear Maniac

allez les bleu!
finally something like near to a good game from france.
i had such a feeling, bad for spain of course.
so it´s the 1998 final brazil -french in the quaterfinals.
... and i have such a feeling that its gonna be a good game!
Old 27th June 2006
yeah, BR won today and i was able to breathe better for a couple of hours- then france won and now my chest will be tight for 3 days!

No4PCs, yes i know Mosh- i have been building up the room at El Rocha in Pinheiros.
but what's this place in V Mariana? eu moro no Copan.
Old 27th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowStorm

That's a lot of explanation to explain something that is inexplicable...

This is sports, and soccer is a very unpredictable game. Even if what you're saying is true, come game time it doesn't matter. It'll still be 11 vs 11 on the field.

This is going to be a very tough game to call. But Argentina has undoubtely more talent on the field. I think they have the "it" factor that Germany doesn't have.

Their forwards have more flair, moves etc, call it what you will. What I'm saying is that Germany is a very structured, disciplined team. Argentina has unpredictability on their side with Riquelme, Messi, Saviola, Tevez and Maxi Rodriguez. That's a lot for Germany to worry about...

So in the end, it doesn't matter who did what in the past. Once the game starts, it will all be forgotten. They are very evenly matched and any team can win.

I am going for an Argentina-Brazil final. If I'm wrong, I'll give my favorite pre-amp away.....just kidding....
Old 27th June 2006
Lives for gear

Exclamation Hi Ricey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricey
yeah, BR won today and i was able to breathe better for a couple of hours- then france won and now my chest will be tight for 3 days!

No4PCs, yes i know Mosh- i have been building up the room at El Rocha in Pinheiros.
but what's this place in V Mariana? eu moro no Copan.
I PVT you...
Old 27th June 2006
Lives for gear

I would like to see Argentina Vs Brazil or a nice Re-match Italy Vs Brazil.
Old 27th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsongs
This is sports, and soccer is a very unpredictable game. Even if what you're saying is true, come game time it doesn't matter. It'll still be 11 vs 11 on the field.
cant agree more ... but we need something to talk about heh

the only thing i am crossing my fingers for is that the referees and the FIFA calm down ... so we are able to see some players of the starting 11 in the finals

so far it was an superb worldcup and all the teams ( no matter what the " how bad can you play ? " medias saying ) did put all their skill on the pitch when the ref blew the whistle.

GO GO GO
Old 28th June 2006
Quote:
Brazil win Ghana 3-0
the coach did his job, he won the game (and all the others too) ,
one thing I've noticed is Kaka didn't get enough balls, like they are trying to get Ronalndinho in the game, he is not involved enough yet, but currently Kaka is Brazil's ace, i also think Ronaldinho didn't adjust Fifa's new ball yet, Ronaldo goal was just awesome
Old 28th June 2006
Lives for gear

Question Records

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanTan
the coach did his job, he won the game (and all the others too) ,
one thing I've noticed is Kaka didn't get enough balls, like they are trying to get Ronalndinho in the game, he is not involved enough yet, but currently Kaka is Brazil's ace, i also think Ronaldinho didn't adjust Fifa's new ball yet, Ronaldo goal was just awesome
I dont know, too much worry about midle-field players/tactics here. Kaka was far away against Ganah team. In second half Parreira put Juninho ( His auto proclamed plan B ! ) Trying let Ronaldinho more free(tantan right !) to play with Ronaldo. Nobody here in Brazil likes Parreira plan B. Maybe him need try an C plan or whatever.
We brazilians do preffer the same Brazil team in that Japan game.
Old 28th June 2006
Quote:
I dont know, too much worry about midle-field players/tactics here. Kaka was far away against Ganah team. In second half Parreira put Juninho ( His auto proclamed plan B ! ) Trying let Ronaldinho more free(tantan right !) to play with Ronaldo. Nobody here in Brazil likes Parreira plan B. Maybe him need try an C plan or whatever.
We brazilians do preffer the same Brazil team in that Japan game.
yeah, against Japan they were played better, Roberto Carlos and Kafu didn't play and Cicinho was much better than Kafu on the offensive part,

why don't you like plan B ? Juninho is a great player
Old 28th June 2006
Lives for gear

adriano just isn't very good.
Old 28th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by beranie
yeah the referees must all be drunk or something....

the best thing was the ref graham poll giving simunic 3yellow cards in one game. HAHA heh
poll wont ever judge a high class game again, i think...

Yeah... and Simunic also punched a cross in the box with his hand but absolutely no penalty. That should have been his 4th yellow card for a professional foul. Oh well what can you do... Australia still won that game... Simunic lives in Australia and plays in the Australian A-League.

Regarding the ref'ing for this world cup... I think FIFA should change its name to Thiefa.
Old 28th June 2006
Gear Nut

Regarding the ref'ing for this world cup... I think FIFA should change its name to Thiefa. rite on Ziggy

"The bitter sweet taste of history"

*Well Australia's world cup dream is over in a campaign marred by the disappointment of bad refereeing decisions. Holding Italy nil all till the 79th minute, Italy was awarded a direct free kick from a totally legal challenge by defender Lucas Neil. At first I thought that I was in denial but after watching the incident 10 or so times my suspicions and worst fears were confirmed. No sour grapes here, if we lost fairly I for one would accept a loss gracefully. I would have preferred an out and out goal by Italy instead of losing to a referee's incompetence consequently burgling Australia of a chance at furthering our campaign. I am so disappointed at losing this way, as was Guss who said the penalty was not a foul and Australia was not deadly enough when it counted. Australians are very proud of the achievements of our history making team who took us from 44 to the last 16 (technically 10). Socceroo hero Harry Kewell was gutted after being sidelined by infected blisters and gout in his foot compounded by a groin injury. Kewell spent the night in hospital and looks like he will be treated and recuperating in Australia. Mark Viduka has excelled as captain and every player in the squad is a champion. The chips were stacked against us from day one with our grouping and poor refereeing so all things considered our achievement was nothing short of outstanding. This team will go down in Australian sporting history as the team that galvanised a nation. "one nation under a groove". Australia has lost its football virginity and is now all grown up. Australilians owe a great deal to Guss Hiddick.
I wish to extend the best of luck to the remaining finalists.
Old 28th June 2006
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy!!
Regarding the ref'ing for this world cup... I think FIFA should change its name to Thiefa.
yup. notice how all the small teams are getting the shaft? portugal imo got it too. against holland they were a considered a 'small' team. scolari was going to file a formal complaint against FIFA. one day after the game he misteriously lost interest in doing that...prediction: i say argentina will get the shaft against germany in the same way.... let's see if i'm just paranoid or if there's some substance to this.

don't get me wrong, germany has a great team and they're improving game by game... i just think they're gonna get a little help from their friends on that game. a germany/brazil final would bring in the bucks -- no doubt.
Old 28th June 2006
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by raal
yup. notice how all the small teams are getting the shaft? portugal imo got it too.
i felt like the ref treated both teams unfair, did not create an advantage for anyone imo... i would even say that portugal played harder and rougher over the whole 90minutes and wasn´t punished more, but everyone has his perspective ...

Quote:
don't get me wrong, germany has a great team and they're improving game by game... i just think they're gonna get a little help from their friends on that game. a germany/brazil final would bring in the bucks -- no doubt.
the refs wont create an unfair advantage for germany on purpose in the upcoming games, not after all the fuzz about their many mistakes, the medias would slay em and the fifa, even the german medias.

I say Arg has to play damn good to beat the german team. why?
because in sports, its about psychic strength, too. and all of our players, klinsi and the whole team are so damn confident...
first i couldnt believe this attitude. but when i thought about it. its the most powerful weapon we have! stike stike stike stike stike
and its the reason germany always gets far in the big tournaments, even if they played horrible the games before.
i bet germany wins heh
Old 28th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsongs
That's a lot of explanation to explain something that is inexplicable...

This is going to be a very tough game to call. But Argentina has undoubtely more talent on the field. I think they have the "it" factor that Germany doesn't have.

Their forwards have more flair, moves etc, call it what you will. What I'm saying is that Germany is a very structured, disciplined team. Argentina has unpredictability on their side with Riquelme, Messi, Saviola, Tevez and Maxi Rodriguez. That's a lot for Germany to worry about...

So in the end, it doesn't matter who did what in the past. Once the game starts, it will all be forgotten. They are very evenly matched and any team can win.

I am going for an Argentina-Brazil final. If I'm wrong, I'll give my favorite pre-amp away.....just kidding....
I think that football is quite predictable, especially with the help of GameCast at Espnet. Check it out if you haven't! (http://soccernet.espn.go.com, go to World Cup, click fixtures, click final on a match, click gamecast)

BTW. I just need to point out that Sweden's keeper did a great job against Germany. He did 11 saves! Mexico's keeper did only 5 saves! When weighting this against the fact that both keepers let in the same amount of goals in the World Cup and the fact that Argentina also got to attack on over time against Mexico I think shows that Germany overall was playing more efficient football than Argentina in the last game. Germany finished the attacks almost 3 times more than Argentina did.

There's really a lot on the paper that shows that Argentina will lose against Germany.

Old 28th June 2006
Lives for gear

Question Is that, right !

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanTan
yeah, against Japan they were played better, Roberto Carlos and Kafu didn't play and Cicinho was much better than Kafu on the offensive part,

why don't you like plan B ? Juninho is a great player
That is the problem , Cicinho and Gilberto are better than Cafu/Roberto Carlos.They was the better is his posititions, but nowdays no more.
And Parreira dont want change this team part. All Brazil want change this players to play more offensive like you said.
Then, Cicinho, Gilberto, playing together with Juninho and Ronaldinho is our team dream, but not for Parreira coach.
Im affraid our players worried in break records like number of victories, staying in Brazilian team records, scored goals, giving interviews, taking photos, etc, look like rock stars without cause, this could be the disaster for us.Thanks God Robinho ready to play against France. Lets see.
Old 28th June 2006
Quote:
Thanks God Robinho ready to play against France. Lets see.
i think Robinho is the only true representative of original Brazilian football, on open field this kid will outperform any player in the world, the problem is it's not an open field... but still i prefer him on Adriano, but with Robinho the tactics will be more of 4:5:1 (like in the second half of the last game) than the regular 4:4:2 , and i think it's risky to let Ronaldo play there all by himself

and another thing mio Brazilero hermano heh , i realy miss Edmilson , Emerson is not as good in any category

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search