The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Germany World Cup 2006-Brazil vs (...) PLACE YOUR VOTE HERE Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 25th June 2006
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruudman
I guess England vs Holland would make an interesting quarterfinal.
But what happened to Joe Cole and Lampard today????

Regarding Argentina vs Germany, it's a classic. It will be tough.
Messi won't start this game either, neither do Tevez. A shame really, as they both show good form.

Klose vs Heinze..who wins?

ruudman
Joe Coal was shattered,he ran none stop in the last game
and the heat 35 + so i beleive,wont help the English
Lampard as underperfomed at this level for a long time,Gerrard too
just waiting for the Potugal Holland game this should be good
very open game I think
but i go for Holland to just tip the scales.
Old 25th June 2006
Lives for gear

Smile

The kung-fu batlle finished
Portugal 1 x 0 Holland
Old 25th June 2006
Lives for gear

Angry Myke Tyson

Ronaldo need get some lessons with Myke Tyson trainner
Old 25th June 2006
Gear Maniac

JEESUS! hell of a game!! unbelievable...
i feel sorry for the dutch players ....

Old 25th June 2006
Lives for gear

What a battle!

16 yellow and 4 red.

And the worst thing, it should have been more. Figo, for instance.

ruudman
Old 25th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruudman
What a battle!
16 yellow and 4 red.
And the worst thing, it should have been more. Figo, for instance.
ruudman
Yep, what a game, a drama! I started watching the game from the second half and instantly noticed that there was inefficiency within the Dutch team. Today was not Van Basten's day. In terms of the tactics Portugal was simply better. In the second half the Dutch team tried to do a number of attacks, extremely inefficient ones. Then hell broke lose, when it was a few minutes left of the game Van Basten was just standing there at the side of the pitch watching the Dutch dreams being destroyed, due to his own bad decision making. So the low Dutch productivity resulted in 0 scored goals and since Portugal's productivity resulted in 1 scored goal they went to the quarter final.

It will be very interesting to see the England - Portugal quarter final. Portugal has a much weaker team now, but in my opinion they play better football than England. It doesn't matter who wins it since Brazil easily beats both of them.
Old 25th June 2006
Scolari has won the match up over Van Basten , man that was UGLY but i think I'll never forget this game
Old 25th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanTan
Scolari has won the match up over Van Basten , man that was UGLY but i think I'll never forget this game
Yep me neither, it was a very special game!
Old 26th June 2006
Lives for gear

It's not like the dutch didn't have opportunities, they played a whole half with one more man and still couldn't do it.

When you you get a scoring chance, you have to put it away. That's how it is in soccer. Otherwise, it always comes back to haunt you...

Fun game, I was rooting for Holland. It's a shame to go out this way after surviving a tough group but that's how it goes...
Old 26th June 2006
I'm only sorry for Deco , he didn't deserve red and i think he is Portugal's best player
Old 26th June 2006
Inger....Land!

After 3 years of international games without it - Beckham FINALLY got his free kick goal scoring 'mojo' back! (England breaths a sigh of relief!) and what a time for it to return!

Lampard & Gerrard still dont seem to be able to hit any ball lower than the cross bar..

Ronney never got the ideal passes - but seemed to be fit for all the running around - right to the very end .... a very good sign indeed..

Go England! heh
Old 26th June 2006
Lives for gear

Well the dutch team out ...... not a nice game .. good thriller ... just not a good team...

Brazil wil not win ..... argentina or germany will .....

greetings Wim
Old 26th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules
Inger....Land!

After 3 years of international games without it - Beckham FINALLY got his free kick goal scoring 'mojo' back! (England breaths a sigh of relief!) and what a time for it to return!

Lampard & Gerrard still dont seem to be able to hit any ball lower than the cross bar..

Ronney never got the ideal passes - but seemed to be fit for all the running around - right to the very end .... a very good sign indeed..

Go England! heh
Nice for England .. Jules !!!

the beauty of the goal by beckham were the two boobies of victoria .... we saw just a sec. after that ...... heh
Old 26th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules
Inger....Land!

Go England! heh
Yep, I hope Svennis will make the rest of the World Cup interesting for you! I agree about what you said about Rooney! I think he is a great role model for the English team...

The game against Portugal might be tough though. I think Portugal has a more efficient play... Let's see what Svennis does about that!
Old 26th June 2006
Gear Maniac

uh ohhh...
the aussis totally screwed it
Old 26th June 2006
Lives for gear

Italy - Australia 1-0. Now we have Australia out of the World Cup. Australia did attack a lot in the second half due to Italy's team of only 10 men. Each attack was very inefficient, lack of initiative, lack of decision making, lack of intensity, lack of precision and too few completed attacks. Italy's defence looked quite solid, but the team also lacked efficient attacks. A pretty interesting game that ended in dissapointment for the Australian team when Totti scored on penalty kick in the final minutes. In my opinion Germany plays much more productive football and will win against Italy in the semi final.
Old 26th June 2006
hrn
Lives for gear

"the aussis totally screwed it"

To bad the Italian player just "had to" run into the laying Aussie player and fall.... . Go to Hollywood....
Old 26th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowStorm
Italy - Australia 1-0. Now we have Australia out of the World Cup. Australia did attack a lot in the second half due to Italy's team of only 10 men. Each attack was very inefficient, lack of initiative, lack of decision making, lack of intensity, lack of precision and too few completed attacks. Italy's defence looked quite solid, but the team also lacked efficient attacks. A pretty interesting game that ended in dissapointment for the Australian team when Totti scored on penalty kick in the final minutes. In my opinion Germany plays much more productive football and will win against Italy in the semi final.

Germany vs Italy in the semis did you say ?

Germany and Argentina don't play till Friday! Do you have a crystal ball ?
Old 26th June 2006
Lives for gear
good on the aussies!

that was no penalty. it's the 21st century for crying out loud. i can't believe they don't use instant replay, or at least get better refs.
Old 26th June 2006
Lives for gear

ITALIA

Old 26th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsongs
Germany vs Italy in the semis did you say ?
Germany and Argentina don't play till Friday! Do you have a crystal ball ?
Yep, I think Germany will beat Argentina in the quarter final. During the whole World Cup Germany has played productive confident football, Argentina on the other hand plays quite inefficient football. If I were Argentina's coach I would put Riquelme on the bench and use Messi, Tevez and Crespo at the top, I would use Messi as many minutes as possible.
Old 26th June 2006
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrn
To bad the Italian player just "had to" run into the laying Aussie player and fall.... . Go to Hollywood....
i admit, it wasn´t a clear penalty, but either it was clearly NO penalty, IMHO...
I think we can agree that it was at least a risky attack in the 93.minute!

but after all, one more time, like yesterday, the lucky team won against the better team.
Old 26th June 2006
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Yep, I think Germany will beat Argentina in the quarter final.
oh man, that would be a glorious day! heh heh

Quote:
I would put Riquelme on the bench and use Messi, Tevez and Crespo at the top, I would use Messi as many minutes as possible.
yes, messi and tevez are pure dynamite! heh
Old 26th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yep, I think Germany will beat Argentina in the quarter final. During the whole World Cup Germany has played productive confident football, Argentina on the other hand plays quite inefficient football. If I were Argentina's coach I would put Riquelme on the bench and use Messi, Tevez and Crespo at the top, I would use Messi as many minutes as possible.

I don't know about inneficiency...They have more goals to this point than any other team in this competition. I would hardly call that being inneficient. Plus, they've had the toughest draw so far.

They play Germany on friday which is practically a final in itself. Then they still have 2 more tough matches after that. It is a vey tough draw when you compare it to the other candidates...

I think the logic behind Messi and Tevez is to put them in the second half (they're fast) when the other team begins to lose some stamina. Then this way they can do more damage. But, he's been taking too long to make those changes. If they're losing or tied by the end of the first half, they should come in a lot sooner than they've been...

It will definitely be a very tough match to call...
Old 26th June 2006
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by beranie
i admit, it wasn´t a clear penalty, but either it was clearly NO penalty, IMHO...
I think we can agree that it was at least a risky attack in the 93.minute!

but after all, one more time, like yesterday, the lucky team won against the better team.
Once the aussie defender went to ground,there was only one outcome
the Italians are masters of defence,so going down to ten men didnt create a problem
in fact it helped the Italians,it`s there type of game
but the Aussie defender needed to stay upright
seconds away from the final whistle,you need to make the attacker turn and shepard him away from goal very nieve defending,bad decision from the ref
But I think the Refs have spoiled this world cup,far to many cards
Football is a contact sport,if the refs carry on likr this,it will end up like Basketball
Old 26th June 2006
hrn
Lives for gear

Italy will not make it the next step....

Germany looks very strong, BUT, I think that "efficiency machine" can crash against a team like Argentina.

I put my thumbs up for England now even though they haven't played very well so far.....It's for the Swede left in the game...

...And don't forget about Portugal and Spain. They can both beat Brazil I think.

Love this
Old 26th June 2006
hrn
Lives for gear

Scratchy Pots

"But I think the Refs have spoiled this world cup,far to many cards
Football is a contact sport,if the refs carry on likr this,it will end up like Basketball"

Agree fully

And I think the BIG football countries seems to have the ref on their side some way...

Someone, please help Ghana!!!! My bet is that Ghana will get at least one player off the arena......

Edit: Guess it will be Germany - Brazil in the final
Old 26th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrn
Scratchy Pots

"But I think the Refs have spoiled this world cup,far to many cards
Football is a contact sport,if the refs carry on likr this,it will end up like Basketball"

Agree fully

And I think the BIG football countries seems to have the ref on their side some way...

Someone, please help Ghana!!!! My bet is that Ghana will get at least one player off the arena......

Edit: Guess it will be Germany - Brazil in the final

The refs have been atrocious !

It started all well but then it's been downhill from there...
Old 26th June 2006
Gear Maniac

Talking 3 yellow cards

yeah the referees must all be drunk or something....

the best thing was the ref graham poll giving simunic 3yellow cards in one game. HAHA heh
poll wont ever judge a high class game again, i think...
Old 26th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by beranie
yeah the referees must all be drunk or something....

the best thing was the ref graham poll giving simunic 3yellow cards in one game. HAHA heh
poll wont ever judge a high class game again, i think...

Yes, that was unforgivable...dfegad

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search