The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Germany World Cup 2006-Brazil vs (...) PLACE YOUR VOTE HERE Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 21st June 2006
Gear Head

Argentina vs Germany final

Fiji(my country) aint even in the world cup but we won the IRB sevens world series so im not complaining.
Old 21st June 2006
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolo72
Argentina vs Germany final
good choice, but imo brazil will start playing when it counts.

Quote:
Fiji(my country) aint even in the world cup but we won the IRB sevens world series so im not complaining.
thumbsup

portugal/mexico 2-1

we (mexico) are in the next round, but the team showed no confidence til after the goal. played better with 10 men... go figure. bottom line neither team looked like a world cup contender. we've beat argentina recently so let's see what happens... don't look good though.

time for the rocky theme song... after the next round we'll start seeing some serious football.
Old 21st June 2006
Lives for gear

Portugal - Mexico ended as expected. Argentina showed what they showed in their first game, becoming inefficient against more difficult teams. Holland just hanging in, but will drop out before the final.

So I think it's pretty clear now, two of the following teams will make it to the final: Brazil, Germany or Spain. If either Klose or Torres becomes injured for the semi it might be what decides which team will make it to the final. I would currently bet on Germany in the final though. So Brazil - Germany in the final. Believe it or not, but I think Germany has a good chance of winning the whole cup!
Old 21st June 2006
Lives for gear

don´t forget england... Spain is not going to make it quarterfinals.
Old 21st June 2006
Lives for gear

Exclamation Results update

Ivory Coast 3 x 2 ServiaMontenegro( good game )
Holand 0 x 0 Argentina ( Holand more pressure in last minutes ! )
Portugal 2 x 1 Mexico ( Portugal have a little dictator coach )
Iran 1 x 1 Angola ( Good match )

Round of 16 classified games :

Saturday - Germany x Sweeden
Mexico x Argentina
Sunday - England x Equador
Portugal x Holland
Old 21st June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose Mrochek
don´t forget england... Spain is not going to make it quarterfinals.

Tsss...England is an overrated team. Way overrated. Sorry, but that's the way it is. Lots of big names, not really a great team. We should've won yesterday. Stupid crossbar should've been a little higher. heh

We're gonna kick some serious german ass on saturday though, we're going for gold this time.

I don't think a south american team has won a championship on european soil in a very long time.
Old 21st June 2006
Argentina Vrs. Holland was kinda disapointing i must say
Old 21st June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by petsematary
Tsss...England is an overrated team. Way overrated. Sorry, but that's the way it is. Lots of big names, not really a great team. We should've won yesterday. Stupid crossbar should've been a little higher. heh

We're gonna kick some serious german ass on saturday though, we're going for gold this time.

I don't think a south american team has won a championship on european soil in a very long time.
I agree on the England part, but when it comes Sweden winning against Germany I doubt it. Germany plays more efficient football in my opinion, it's not about the Swedish players, they are great, but it's about the kind of football they are playing that I think will not take them to the final. Germany has so far played exactly the kind of football that works good against each team and fits the german players. They can play fast attacking when needed, but also switch to a style based around slow passing and shooting.

Sweden has a couple of really good goal scorers, the problem is that they don't score much enough and that is a sign that they are not used efficiently enough in the team. Just look at Ljungberg and compare him with all the rest in the team. I don't understand why the coach doesn't take Ljungberg as a good example of how the whole Swedish team should use the ball. When Ljungberg headed that important goal it was just a sign of what has happened within the team, Ljungberg that normally scores with his feet now all of a sudden needed to score with his head. Zlatan that is a wonderful goal scorer as well just can't make it work in the team. This is the problem with the Swedish team and I blame it on the coach, he is the one that should make these things work. Besides this, it's always extra tough to meet a team that plays at home. Germany plays better football than England and Sweden had problems against England. I place my bet on Germany winning the game. Sweden has been in a tougher group, but some teams become extremely efficient when they meet good teams. Germany IS a such team, just look at Ecuador - Germany 0:3.
Old 22nd June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanTan
Argentina Vrs. Holland was kinda disapointing i must say
Yep, the most boring game in the whole cup in my opinion! I stopped wathing it in the beginning of the second half when I realised this game will end up 0-0. The teams simply were playing very inefficient football and that doesn't result in any goals.
Old 22nd June 2006
I'm gonna watch Brazil : Japan with many of my Brazilian musicians friends tomorrow on the beach heh i got to find a shaker or something to bring over
Old 22nd June 2006
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by petsematary
make that never (at least the world cup), and vice versa. europe hasn't won in america.

after the next round it'll be a little easier to make predictions. right now i wouldn't want to venture a guess but if i had to it would be germany/brazil. i wouldn't discard spain, holland, england, france and argentina though.
Old 22nd June 2006
Gear Maniac

Holland vs Argentina

Unbelievable...., what a lame game
Both teams have more potential though. This was just a training for the next rounds without getting too exhausted.
Old 22nd June 2006
Lives for gear

Exclamation Results update

Today games results

Italy 2 x 0 Tchec Rep.
Gana 2 x 1 USA
Nipon 1 x 4 Brazil
Croatia 2 x 2 Australia

Partial Round of 16 Death Games (confirmed)
Saturday Germany x Sweeden
Argentina x Mexico
Sunday England x Equador
Portugal x Holland
06/26 Italy x Australia
06/27 Brazil x Ghana
Old 23rd June 2006
Lives for gear

Brazil 3 / Cheeseheads (NL) 2
Old 23rd June 2006
what a game ! Ronaldo is back .
Old 23rd June 2006
Gear Addict

Come on Aussie - go you good thing!!!

2 all draw with crotia will do just fine. What a game!

Now we're through to the second round. Bring on Italy heh
Old 23rd June 2006
Lives for gear

Looks like Brazil have finally woken up. Damn it, I guess they're gonna win again then...

Strongest looking teams in my opinion:
Brazil
Argentina
Spain

Mid strength:
Portugal
Holland
England
Ghana
Italy
Germany
Sweden
Old 23rd June 2006
I was impressed by Japan.. I wanted them to win! Goalie was good I thought....

Well done Australia!

Where is my team? USA Are we out... or what?

I always support

USA (live in hope....one day...)

England (cause I live here)
Michael Owen - injury = bad.. (but I wonder if they are faking it... Wane Rooney looks like a potato - but is a genius - fingers crossed for his fitness!

Japan & Korea + some 3rd world underdog team heh

Brazil - Ronaldo looks like he's eaten too many doughnuts! More training - less Dunkin Doughnuts!
Old 23rd June 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules
I was impressed by Japan.. I wanted them to win! Goalie was good I thought....
well , they have a Brazilian coach ...heh

Quote:

I always support

great team , very impressive fitness

Quote:
England (cause I live here)
Michael Owen - injury = bad.. (but I wonder if they are faking it... Wane Rooney looks like a potato - but is a genius - fingers crossed for his fitness!
Gerard is the man, Wane Rooney is a great player but he scares me, he looks like he is going to beat up someone all the time ...

Quote:
Brazil - Ronaldo looks like he's eaten too many doughnuts! More training - less Dunkin Doughnuts!
yeah sure, when he scored two goals yesterday I'm sure he thought "damn, when the hell will i get these donuts already", in the last world cup he also looked a bit like a donut and it didn't stop him either .
during the 80's some people have said it about Diegito Maradona, now show me a thin player who can play like Maradona, (with the exception of Pele heh )
in the NBA the Shaq is not very thin also and it didn't stop him from winning another championship.
Old 23rd June 2006
Lives for gear

Johan Cruyff and Der Kaiser weren't exactly over weight...
Old 23rd June 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by preben
Johan Cruyff and Der Kaiser weren't exactly over weight...
yeah you are right , but none of them has played like Maradona either ...
Old 23rd June 2006
Lives for gear

No, I take your point - I was just being difficult heh
Old 23rd June 2006
Lives for gear

Smile

Quote:

I always support

Brazilian soccer scientist ( Yes, we have this things here ! ) told us US team in next Cup will go to Round of 16 , good coach ...Need have patience now...

About Ronaldo, yes, he still looks like a donut . hahahaha
Old 23rd June 2006
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosrite
Looks like Brazil have finally woken up. Damn it, I guess they're gonna win again then...
yes they have, but an american team has never won the the world cup in europe and vice versa. do you think it'll be different this time?
Old 23rd June 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by raal
yes they have, but an american team has never won the the world cup in europe and vice versa. do you think it'll be different this time?
i do
Old 23rd June 2006
Lives for gear

Brazil won in Sweden 1958
Old 23rd June 2006
Lives for gear
would be amazing indeed! if i had to place a bet, it would be germany because of home court advantage.

but in this round, and specially during quarter finals we'll start seeing some serious football.

i for one hope there's a few surprise this world cup...
Old 23rd June 2006
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by preben
Brazil won in Sweden 1958
wow, didn't know that. thanks for the correction.
Old 23rd June 2006
Lives for gear

Oh yes - they beat the host nation 5-2 in the final - two of the goals in the final scored by the then 17 year old Pelé... (who also had a run in with a Swedish blonde during this his first trip to The North - says so in his book anyway).
Old 23rd June 2006
Lives for gear

Exclamation Round of 16 completed list

Today games results ( End of first Cup phase )
Ukraine 1 x 0 Tunysia
Saudi 0 x 1 Spain
Switzerland 2 x 0 South Korea
France 2 x 0 Togo

Round of 16 completed games - death games

Germany x Sweeden
Argentina x Mexico
England x Equador
Portugal x Holland
Italy x Australia
Switzerland x Ukraine
Brazil x Ghana
Spain x France

Good lucky for all teams.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search