The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Germany World Cup 2006-Brazil vs (...) PLACE YOUR VOTE HERE Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 11th June 2006
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose Mrochek
The final will be England 4 - Argentina 0

Brazil will be taken out of the turnament in the first round. (kidding) haha.. they wont make it to the finals this time though, sorry.
Not if England played like they did last night, Bloody Pathetic, Go the Socceroo'sthumbsup
Old 11th June 2006
Lives for gear

France will win this year and Scotland in 2010 !
Old 11th June 2006
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thethrillfactor
Don't be suprised when Team USA this year makes it to the semis.

They will shock the world because people underestimate us when it comes to soccer/futbol.
The USA has a GREAT team. However, it will be VERY VERY hard for them to get past the first round unless they score more goals then Italy or CZH.
The CZH is #2 in the world and I don't belive they can beat CZH or Italy.

If they were not in this group..they would have a MUCH better chance.
Just look at Brasil's group..... toooooo easy.
Old 11th June 2006
Lives for gear

Exclamation Word Cup report

Today games:
Holland 1 x 0 ServiaMontenegro ( Holland a little bit better, but nothing serious)
Iran 1 x 0 Mexico ( Iran the worst team in this Cup, i think )
Portugal 1 x 0 Angola ( Angola running good but inocent players )

I repeat, Croatia coach smoking marijuana right now in Hotel, hahahahaha.
Old 11th June 2006
Lives for gear

The thing that got me about the England game is that they just dont play as a team. Sure they have some world class players but that counts for nothing if you are not a team. Look at Greece in the Euro champs. Total underdogs but they won because they didn't have any overbearing individual egos and therefore played well as a team.

Saw Portugal vs Angola today and was unimpressed with Portugal. I dont have anything against the Portugese football team but I have to admit it was very hard not to support Angola when you consider their history. Also, the fact that the Angolan Goal keeper is currently unemployed makes your heart bleed a bit. They put in a brave performance and could have won it. Thats what I love about the world cup, you have these teams with millionaire players playing some of the poorest countrys (and players) in the world and the underdogs do have a chance.

Ivory Coast looked great and could definitely progress but Argentina looked very strong to me. Still a lot of the big boys we havn't seen yet though...
Old 12th June 2006
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by No4PCs
Iran 1 x 0 Mexico
Old 12th June 2006
Lives for gear

Soccer/Footbal is very even now. Anybody can beat anybody. So far, every game has been very even, but experience counts. That's why it's always the same old 6 countries winning it everytime. Now France has joined the elite group.

For me, Argentina will make it to the finals. They have world class players and they're coming in quietly and not as favorites like in '02. That's always better !

After that, anything can happen...
Old 12th June 2006
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by No4PCs
Hi friends, my vote is Brazil in the final game of this Germany World Cup , but, against who ?
Please, place your vote here. Brazil will be the winner this year? We hope so !
Brazilian team trainning in Switzerland. Not bad.

Tell me whay you thinking about this socce world cup.
Peace.
Its Australia Vs Brazill
Australia 3 Japan 1 Aussie History Today as it our first World Cup Goal and win, Were goin off down here. Go the Socceroo's
Old 12th June 2006
Gear Addict

Go you good thing heh

Australia!!! 3-1 against Japan. What a game! I love football, I love the world cup, and I love Australia. What a day heh

Rez

(p.s. I feel really sorry for the Japanese fans though. To go from 1-0 up to 3-1 down in the final 7 minutes... that's cruel. God damn it feel good on this end though).
Old 12th June 2006
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reza
Go you good thing heh

Australia!!! 3-1 against Japan. What a game! I love football, I love the world cup, and I love Australia. What a day heh

Rez

(p.s. I feel really sorry for the Japanese fans though. To go from 1-0 up to 3-1 down in the final 7 minutes... that's cruel. God damn it feel good on this end though).
Mate thatz Football, Save all that sympathy for team USA, they just got a good old football lesson from Chec Republic, 4-Zip, they were they were totaly outclassed. Damm those Checz look dangerous, they could be the real contenders, cant wait to see the Croatians play. I wanna go to bed but Italy and Ghana are playing ,so its no sleep for me. The Aussies made History tonight, it should have been 3 nill as Swatzer was definently fouled and the ref just admitted it!!!!!!Go you Socceroos
Old 12th June 2006
Lives for gear
imho czech republic looks the strongest of anyone i've seen so far in this cup. killer.
Old 12th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
imho czech republic looks the strongest of anyone i've seen so far in this cup. killer.
Unfortunately one of their star players (Jan Koller) is now unlikely to continue after that injury. The other Czech players are saying thats so bad it wasnt worth winning for.

Its going to be VERY interesting to see Brazils first match tomorrow...
Old 12th June 2006
Lives for gear

USA were totally outclassed.

Isn't it strange how alot (maybe all) of the African teams are putting up amazing, spirited perfomances, creating loads of chances, only to be unable to to the business inside the 18-yard box. Some good football played by Ivory Coast and Ghana I thought.

Really enjoyed watching Australia play, rooting for them personally. You could see the Aussie rules (kick it over their heads and run at them!) coming out in places. But that striker (Cahill ?) is definately a serious talent.

Not that impressed with Englands performance, but I reckon they have a few gears left in them if they can (as someone mentioned) play as a team. Great team on paper.

Looking forward to seeing France, Argentina and Brazil play.

Would love to see Australia getting into the later rounds, but think Brazil will be hard to stop.

Cheers,

Nathan
Old 13th June 2006
Lives for gear

Exclamation World Cup Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by raal
Error yesterday game
Iran 1 x 3 Mexico
5down1up"@ brazil : the only guys we see here on the news partying all night long are the brazilian players" ( lies )

Today games
US 0 x 3 Rep.Tchecoeslovaquia ( Americans better with ball in the grownd )
Italy 2 x 0 Ghana ( Ghana running better )
Australia 3 x 1 Nipon ( Japan stoled by 1 penality )

" Croacia coach smoking Marijuana in hotel tonite "
Old 13th June 2006
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosrite
Unfortunately one of their star players (Jan Koller) is now unlikely to continue after that injury. The other Czech players are saying thats so bad it wasnt worth winning for.

Its going to be VERY interesting to see Brazils first match tomorrow...
Yeah its confirmed he has snapped his hammy, very unfortunate. I am rugging up for Brazil and Croatia, we Aussies want Brazil to win (better 4 us) however our hearts are with Croatia as there are heaps of Croats living in Australia. The buzz in oz after the win over Japan is awsome. It is the best thing to happen to Australian football ever.

Go the Socceroo's
Old 13th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yeah its confirmed he has snapped his hammy, very unfortunate. I am rugging up for Brazil and Croatia, we Aussies want Brazil to win (better 4 us) however our hearts are with Croatia as there are heaps of Croats living in Australia. The buzz in oz after the win over Japan is awsome. It is the best thing to happen to Australian football ever.

Go the Socceroo's
I am happy for Australia (being half Australian I bloody well should be!). I reckon they
will go further than the group stage. That will be pretty special and then who knows?

Im watching the France vs Switzerland match at the moment. Frances performance is lacklustre to say the least. Reminding me of Englands performance the other day.

So far the only teams Ive seen that have convinced me they could win are the Czechs and the Argentinians. Brazil tonight though...
Old 13th June 2006
Lives for gear

45 minutes to go ... damn it was hot today !!!

i liked what italy showed yesterday & down under was killer

the only ****ed up thing is :

now i am working in the night and go to bed in the afternoon ...

hows yalls schedule doing ?

Old 13th June 2006
Gear Addict

Brasil won......but they did not play all so great. I was not very impressed. I thought Croatia could have won that game. They had many more chances to score but they blew it. Oh well.
Old 13th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandino221
Brasil won......but they did not play all so great. I was not very impressed. I thought Croatia could have won that game. They had many more chances to score but they blew it. Oh well.
Seriously unimpressive. With a very occasional stroke of brilliance.

Croatia looked pretty solid throughout. But I got the impression they were playing at the top of their game, whereas Brasil were pretty laid back about the whole affair.

Especially Ronaldo.

Strange though.

I would be interesting to see Brasil playing with the passion Ghana showed yesterday.

Nathan
Old 13th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Agreed. Brazil did win though and thats what counts. Croatia certainly scared them a little though. Will be very interesting to see the Australia vs Brazil match.

Quote:
i liked what italy showed yesterday & down under was killer
I forgot about Italy. Yes I think they look fairly strong but just a wee bit sloppy. They are one of those few teams that can "finish" though and thats the thing.

From what Ive seen so far:

Argentina, Brazil, Czech Republic and Italy look strongest. But Czechs are one important man down, Brazil have slightly weak defence and Italy are too volatile. I think Argentina look strongest.

France and England look weak to me. Who knows they might sort it out as they both have some great players but there seems to be a real lack of fluidity within both teams.

Am I forgetting anyone? heh Oh yeah Germany. Never write them off, especially as they're hosts. I would like to see them do well. I cant believe some people still give them so much crap. I am personally fed up of it.

Pheww! Ive obviously got too much time on my hands.
Old 14th June 2006
Lives for gear

Exclamation World Cup today games

South Korea 2 x 1 Togo ( Togo with directors problems )
France 0 x 0 Switzerland ( Good job, equal forces )
Brazil 1 x 0 Croatia ( Brazil had luck, The Ronaldo Fenomenum little fat yet, but the game had 1 Croatia field invader ! tutt )

Australia team coach drunk right now !
Old 14th June 2006
Gear Maniac

I wanted to see Iran and USA in the final.........

lol....hahaha
Old 14th June 2006
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapillonIrl
Seriously unimpressive. With a very occasional stroke of brilliance.

Croatia looked pretty solid throughout. But I got the impression they were playing at the top of their game, whereas Brasil were pretty laid back about the whole affair.

Especially Ronaldo.

Strange though.

I would be interesting to see Brasil playing with the passion Ghana showed yesterday.

Nathan

Trust me...they were not "laid back". you don't go into a cup and play laid back. If you do you could be taken out. You have to play your best and also make an impression and look powerful. I know Brasil very well. They don't have a defence. Brasil always plays this way. Pass the ball around and wait for a moment when they least expect it. They are good at that. If you give BRasil the chance..they will take it. I know Croatia can beat Brasil for sure.
Old 14th June 2006
Lives for gear

very well said @ brandino

the media is making a MEGA BIG DEAL out of it to get their damn headlines :

not impressive, weak players no passion BLABLABLABLABLA.

its always nice to watch that those who bark loudest wouldnt even survive 3 secs in those games or didnt kick a ball in their entire live.
the game itself is so much more than just entertaining ( for me at least ).
those are the best players in the world and if you really think what they are able to do you HAVE TO be impressed.

if not ... watch in dat mirror

p.s kinda same with a lot of post in our beloved forum ... this band sucks, they cant play, that sounds like ****.
if everybody whos agreeing can do it that much better ... JUST SHOW IT !!!
Old 14th June 2006
Lives for gear
brazil always starts soft. the first game is to be won, no matter how, and that's what they did - so have most of the favorites with lackluster performances. as teams continue to play and loosen up, the men will be separated from the boys. too early to tell, but i wouldn't want to be the one going up against czech republic right about now...
Old 14th June 2006
Lives for gear

I missed the USA match so I cannot comment on czech republic.

I've analyzed the kind of football that many teams prefer to play in this World Cup and I realise that the ones that are left behind are the ones that can't get the ball in the goal. I've now watched good teams like Croatia and Ghana, both having great ball control and efficient ways of moving the ball and the team forward. The problem is the last step in each attack. Many teams have quite a good defence and what you need to do then is to find free spots a bit further away from the goal and shoot the ball in the goal that way. Corners are also very valuable, since the ball can either be headed into the goal or give a nice shooting opportunity a bit farther away. But when teams like Croatia, Sweden and Ghana attack, the ball just doesn't end up in the goal. If they shoot they either shoot right at the keeper or miss the goal by 100%. So far I've learned that Germany and Brazil are very good. When they get a good chance to shoot the ball in the goal they do so. Just run Kaka's yesterday goal in replay and you'll notice that he gets 1 or 2 seconds to think, enough space to see the goal clearly and his shot doesn't depend on luck, it depends on shooting accuracy: He sees the free spot in the goal and shoots there.

Another key thing I think a lot of teams should use well is when one team loses the ball deeply on the other team's side. Then the team should run at max all the way to the other goal giving deep passes on the way so that the other team can't get an organised defence before the ball is in the goal.

One last thing. A lot of teams try to pass deep long balls. Nr 1 mistake in football, never depend on luck, never give away the ball easily. Passing long balls should be done only when you are 100% sure that the ball will end up where it should. Some players are good at this, for instance Ronaldinho and Beckham. I know local football clubs here where I live that have talented players, but for some reason they give away the ball much too easily which results in ineffective attacks.

I think the coach is the key.

BTW. Ronaldinho was awesome with the ball in the yesterday's game!
Old 14th June 2006
Lives for gear

Just found out the Czechs have their man back, wasnt as injured as previously though. They have to be up their as joint favourites in my book.
Old 14th June 2006
Lives for gear

kinda sad that the czechs dont have to play italy next heh
so both are through when they play against each other

usa & ghana can say goodbye ( just fiction boys , hehehe )

todays the first deathmatch

GERMANY vs POLAND

and shevchenko & co vs spain @ 3 oclock ...

damn 10.30 alrdy gotta go back to work

" I've analyzed the kind of football that many teams prefer to play in this World Cup and I realise that the ones that are left behind are the ones that can't get the ball in the goal. " ( rainbowstorm ) heh heh heh
Old 14th June 2006
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5down1up
kinda sad that the czechs dont have to play italy next heh
so both are through when they play against each other
Maybe yes..and maybe not. it depends on who wins the Ghana and USA game. I belive Ghana will win..however..they could give the Czechs a tough time. Could they beat them..maybe. It's hard to say. They played well against Italy.
Whoever wins..needs to score the most goals. Cuz once there are teams that have the same amout of points...it goes by goals from there. So right now it's now just about wining..it's about getting as many goals you can get to beat the team that beat you!
Old 14th June 2006
Lives for gear

All the big teams that opened didn't look that impressive but it's normal.

They will loosen up now that the opening match is over with. It is very important to get those 3 points in the opening game and take away the pressure.

The best soccer/football is yet to come...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search