The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Germany World Cup 2006-Brazil vs (...) PLACE YOUR VOTE HERE Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 10th July 2006
Lives for gear

Do you believe the Zidane incident?! Such a shame...he ruined his retirement image...what a fool...
Old 10th July 2006
What an idiotic foul by the French captain, Zinedine Zidane

School kids world-wide will be copying his thuggish behavior this Monday... tutt

What chance does anti racism stand in football when the captain himself behaves like a violent neo **** skinhead thug - with one third of the world watching?

Shocking...

CONGRATS ITALY!
Old 10th July 2006
Lives for gear

Well, I guess a win is a win. However, if I want to be honest to myself, Italy was seriously outplayed after the first half of the game. I think Italy played a decent first half but not to the degree in which they were outplayed after the first half. As the 2nd half played out Italy seemed unable to put any plays together at all.

My one big beef is that a game of todays importance and stature got decided on penalty kicks. I say play the extra 30 minutes and than keep playing the remainder of the game in sudden death overtime style. Allow extra substituions if need be, but decide the game on the basis of the game not penalty shootouts!!!

On another note.....

WHAT THE HELL was Zidane thinking. I don't know what Materazzi said to him but that was an embarassing way to end his career.

All in all , this was an excellant tournament; a little controversey and whole lot of solid playing. Germany was an excellant host, see you all again in another four years, until then......... We are the champions, we are the champions, no time for... well you know the rest!!!

VIVIA ITALIA!!!
Old 10th July 2006
Lives for gear

Zidane ... what a prick ...
Congrats Italy ! I bet on them to win
Old 10th July 2006
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by syra
Do you believe the Zidane incident?! Such a shame...he ruined his retirement image...what a fool...
who knows what the other guy was telling him in order for him to explode like that.... anyway, insults are part of the game... he should've kept it under control. nonethelss he was a brilliant player. too bad that'll be many peoples' last memory of him.

some headbutt though...
Old 10th July 2006
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by No4PCs
CONGRATULATIONS ITALY, WINNERS OF GERMANY WORLD CUP 2006
FRANCE VICE, CONGRATULATIONS TOO
GREAT PARTY, YES

Not enough Nutting in the game I feel,dfegad

In the words of that great American Philosipher Don Was
"Dad I'm in Jail. I like it in here"

What a **** way to end the cup. Germany and thier people did themselves proud.heh
Old 10th July 2006
Lives for gear

Finals are rarely outstanding.

This was one of the better, I think.

Italian football fans needed this. They are not to blame regarding the assumed match-fixing scandal.

They risk their favourite team/teams being ordered a couple of divisions down to perhaps never rise again. The WC title is a band-aid in that matter.

Sooo, for all the true and passionate football fans of Gli Azzurri:
CONGRATULATIONS WITH THE WORLD CUP 2006

ruudman
Old 11th July 2006
Gear Addict

all I can say is we won fair and square. I got to see Italy win the cup here in Brasil. There were soooooooooooo many Italian flags you would think you were in Italy. It was great. I am glad my country won. We have a great team. There were many great teams this cup and it was a tough road for everyone.
Congrats to all the players and countries. Forza Italia!!!
Old 12th July 2006
Gear Maniac

I hate loosing against Italy! Any other teams no problem, but Italy, I can't!
The reason for that is, even though they've got great players, they are trained to fall in order to slow the game down or get a foul! Acting being such an important part of a team strategy is simply wrong! This is not new with the Italians, it's been like that for ages. I'm just disapointed that this kind of performance wins, especially when the other team dominated the game overall. And by the way, even if there is no excuse in reagards to Zidane action, two different lips reading expert came to the conclusion that Materazzi called Zidane "a son of a terrorist *****" and that "he could F... off". This came after Materazzi holding Zidane Shirt... and Zidane told him that if he wanted his shirt he could have it after the match. Zidane you were wrong to react like this, but Materazzi... your own words discribe you very well! If this claim is true, this act of Racism should be severly punished by FIFA.
I still like to congradulate Italy on the win, but I hope that one day, a non falling/acting policy will part of the Italian football mentality.
Here is the link to the article: http://www.smh.com.au/news/world-cup...383744670.html
Old 12th July 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
The reason for that is, even though they've got great players, they are trained to fall in order to slow the game down or get a foul! Acting being such an important part of a team strategy is simply wrong! This is not new with the Italians, it's been like that for ages. I'm just disapointed that this kind of performance wins, especially when the other team dominated the game overall. And by the way, even if there is no excuse in reagards to Zidane action, two different lips reading expert came to the conclusion that Materazzi called Zidane "a son of a terrorist *****" and that "he could F... off". This came after Materazzi holding Zidane Shirt... and Zidane told him that if he wanted his shirt he could have it after the match. Zidane you were wrong to react like this, but Materazzi... your own words discribe you very well! If this claim is true, this act of Racism should be severly punished by FIFA.
I still like to congradulate Italy on the win, but I hope that one day, a non falling/acting policy will part of the Italian football mentality.
Here is the link to the article: http://www.smh.com.au/news/world-cup...383744670.html

I knew it had to be something pretty bad for Zidane to react that way. Unfortunately, on TV, he looked like the bad guy. It's a shame because that will be the last thing people remember...I hope not though, he's one of the greats !

As far as the World Cup, I am very disappointed. Italy won fair and square but they didn't play the kind of soccer people like to see. They are always defensive and they will always be. Totti played like **** and the best players were Cannavaro and Bufon, what does that tell you...?

Overall, there were very few great games. Brazil was a deception. The best game was Argentina-Serbia. Argentina deserved to go further, they had one of the best teams, but this is soccer and these things happen...

Congrats to Italy for the cup but they were the worst World Cup Champions I can remember in a long time...
Old 12th July 2006
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
The reason for that is, even though they've got great players, they are trained to fall in order to slow the game down or get a foul! Acting being such an important part of a team strategy is simply wrong! This is not new with the Italians, it's been like that for ages.
unfortunately italy isn't the only one that does that. luis perez from the mexican team (i'm mexican) tried it and got a red card. this is nothing new, but he obviously isn't as good as the italians at it, and got the boot deservedly.

this is why i'm so against their not allowing instant replay. it's the 21st century for crying out loud! all the nonsense would stop immediately, but obviously it's not to the advantage of some people to allow this. if they allowed instant replay this kind of crap would stop immediately. imho it would become a much better sport to watch, and alot of the finalists in world cups wouldn't be the same. how many penalty kicks, off sides, etc. etc. were wrongly called? can anyone count them? it's ridiculous.

Quote:
And by the way, even if there is no excuse in regards to Zidane action, two different lips reading expert came to the conclusion that Materazzi called Zidane "a son of a terrorist *****" and that "he could F... off". This came after Materazzi holding Zidane Shirt... and Zidane told him that if he wanted his shirt he could have it after the match. Zidane you were wrong to react like this, but Materazzi... your own words discribe you very well! If this claim is true, this act of Racism should be severly punished by FIFA.
dude, that's baby talk compared to what people say to each other on the field. just ask eto from barcelona what he's heard. part of the strategy is to piss the guy off so much, that he makes a stupid ass mistake like zidane did. zidane is not new to this game, he flubbed up. that's the bottom line. BTW i was rooting for france but most guys on their first pro season wouldn't make the error zidane did. materazzi is still laughing about that one.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search