The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Germany World Cup 2006-Brazil vs (...) PLACE YOUR VOTE HERE Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 1st July 2006
Lives for gear

Unhappy Bye Bye Brazil

CONGRATULATIONS FRANCE TEAM.
FRANCE DESERVED THE VICTORY !
TODAY BRAZILIAN TEAM WAS THE WORST TEAM OF THE CUP !

BRAZIL OUT
Old 1st July 2006
Lives for gear

No4PCs - gracious in defeat - I tip my hat.

I've just put my Brazilian wife to bed trying to convince her that 2010 isn't really THAT far away, so I know how deeply this hurts.

Being myself a Danish Gooner (from before they playing the beautiful game and were winning I might add..!!) I'm glad to see T. Henry on form but sorry that it had to be Brazil on the receiving end of it.

I can't see either France or Portugal making it past the Germans and I REALLY hope the Italians don't win the other semi - I suppose if you're Italian you don't care but it really is abysmal to look at that negative approach - not least because they obviously have the skills to be a bit more adventurous.

Ah well, only three more games to go.... Good luck to everyone who still have a direct interest in these matters.
Old 1st July 2006
Gear Addict

There is only one
Zinedine Zidane - respect

And respect goes to No4PCs too - you took game result with dignity - dont worry - there's still time for Ronaldinho and crew in next world cup - this one goes to Zinedine cause this cup is sadly last one we'll see the master of game playing .
Good luck to France and respect for Brasil
Old 1st July 2006
Lives for gear
i guess my 'conspiracy theory' got blown out of the water today. both brazil and england lost. well this time it's definitely europe for the europeans...

portugal played well.
Old 1st July 2006
Lives for gear

Weeell, my newest theory (and last):

The final is in colour blue this year;
Italy vs France, Gli Azzurri vs Les Bleus

ruudman
Old 2nd July 2006
Gear Addict

Well noone expected France to play on THAT level again - if they continue doing it only Germany can maybe play with them ...i'm sorry but i can't see Italy beating Germany no matter how lucky they are ... we'll see
Old 2nd July 2006
Lives for gear

Exclamation Semifinals completed !

Results Updated

Today games
Portugal 3 x 1 England ( Penalties decision ! )
France 1 x 0 Brazil

SEMIFINALS CONFIRMED GAMES

07/04 Germany x Italy
07/05 Portugal x France

Now the games will be the must ! Lets see who will be the King this year .
Old 2nd July 2006
Pissed off here in the UK...

Argentinian ref seemed to be getting us back for the Falklands...
Old 2nd July 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by No4PCs
Vaja con Dios, Argentina team. Hahahahaha

Vaya con Dios, Brazil team. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....

Have a safe trip to Sao Paulo...
Old 2nd July 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules
Pissed off here in the UK...

Argentinian ref seemed to be getting us back for the Falklands...
Don't blame it on the Ref mate ! You didn't lose because of the ref !

England never played showed it's potential throughout the cup...

And...give credit to Portugal because it's a great team...
Old 2nd July 2006
Unhappy Zidane mesmo!

so sad to see BR go home. but they have to play together to win, that's all.
glad to see Argentina go home, and i'm happy for DE that the hooligans are going home too - no disrespect to the team, but the prehistoric age called and wants your fans back.
Old 2nd July 2006
Lives for gear

To add to the previous comments...

Erikkson said in an interview he saw Rooney's red card on tv and he agrees, the ref was right...I mean, he kicked the Portuguese player in the balls, that should be 2 red cards for that, one for each ball. OUCH !!!

And in all honesty, if you miss 3 out of 4 penalty kicks, how can you say the ref had anything to do with it...

And please, don't bring in something like the Falklands into this forum. In case you didn't know, hundreds of kids died on that war. That was out of place !tutt
Old 2nd July 2006
Gear Maniac

Yea England out!!!..Lampard ,Gerrard,Beckham,just didnt perform any where
near to there capabilitys,Lampard looked as if he suffered burn out
having played 70 plus games this season,but Erikson should of seen this!!
I must say Owen Hardgreves oused class,never stoped.
Looks like Germanys final,hope I dont put the hoodoo on them as i have done with
my other forcasts
Hope they win it,and many respects to the Germans for they great way they managed the tournament!!..
Old 2nd July 2006
Lives for gear

it's amazing all kinds of theories show up regarding the englands and brazils humiliating defeats, the hype regarding these 2 teams were off the charts.

bottom line is..you need to score goals in order to win the matches. This stupid frog sitting behind me at the pub was yelling " oh if only brazail gets a freekick around the 16 meter area, they will win !!yeah they will win!"

lol. i guess he plays the lotto as well.
Old 2nd July 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsongs
To add to the previous comments...

Erikkson said in an interview he saw Rooney's red card on tv and he agrees, the ref was right...I mean, he kicked the Portuguese player in the balls, that should be 2 red cards for that, one for each ball. OUCH !!!

And in all honesty, if you miss 3 out of 4 penalty kicks, how can you say the ref had anything to do with it...

And please, don't bring in something like the Falklands into this forum. In case you didn't know, hundreds of kids died on that war. That was out of place !tutt
Yes, in the end the ref had to issue a red card. But he should never had let it get to that point. Rooney was fouled several times during that exchange and the ref should have called it earlier and awarded the UK a free kick.

But Rooney's pushing of Renaldo was really stupid.

As to the Falkland "adventure" you have to understand that it is a deep cultural issue for both sides. I was in the US already when it took place but grew up in the UK prior to that. And my first thought was exactly like Jules' although in retrospect I'm sure it played little in the ref's decision. (Maybe.) heh

So don't go around "tutting" too much. I'm sure no disrespect was meant.

And if you really feel the need to go off on someone about about it, educate yourself on the real causes of the war and blame those young deaths on the Argentinian Military Junta for invading the Faukland islands in the first place, based on mere political expediancy.
Old 2nd July 2006
Lives for gear

Exclamation Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.gefell
it's amazing all kinds of theories show up regarding the englands and brazils humiliating defeats, the hype regarding these 2 teams were off the charts.

bottom line is..you need to score goals in order to win the matches. This stupid frog sitting behind me at the pub was yelling " oh if only brazail gets a freekick around the 16 meter area, they will win !!yeah they will win!"

lol. i guess he plays the lotto as well.
Brazilian team no more champion like in 70s.
Actually the players look like rock stars taking photos, posers, tv commercials, etc...
Adolescence arrogance from players.
And our "genius" governamental burocratic coach helps a lot !
Brazil and England team did lost, we need face the reality of things. Do not exist "conspiracy theory", the real fact is which other teams did play better, its all.
Game is just a game.
Old 2nd July 2006
Gear Head

Forget the conspiracy theories ..... England and Brazil just weren't good enough. And I think Rooney's red had a lot more to do with stamping an a guy's #### than the Falklands.

Well done France. I'd like to see a great player like ZZ go out on top.
Old 2nd July 2006
Lives for gear

I've not posted in this thread for a while. Germany won as expected against Argentina. As a whole Germany performed good, but hadn't it been for the psychological preassure Germany would have played a little more smoothly. They did a number of really stupid things, but they finally managed to stay confident and win the game.

France surprised me against Brazil. I knew that Brazil was rather weak, but I had missed all of France's group games and when I saw them yesterday I thought they played very efficient football. To me it looks like will have Germany - France in the final, because I think that Germany will beat Italy and France will beat Portugal. The final result is rather difficult to predict, but France looked better in the last game than Germany. For the first time in this World Cup Germany did have some trouble with getting their play going and this effect lasted pretty much the whole game, except in the end of the second half just edbefore Klose scored. France on the other hand outplayed Brazil completely. Brazil's weaknesses were to many in this World Cup. The loss was fair. They entered the game like divas, in the end of the second half they were in panic. Ronaldinho, the world's "best" player did play well in this World Cup, but with his title I think most had expected a lot more from him, at least I did. Henry on the other hand shows what an awesome player he is. It was a beautiful goal by the super talent.

It's just a fact, european football is the most efficient at the moment. All nations except Spain, Holland and England are still in the World Cup. England and Brazil are overrated football nations.
Old 2nd July 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneinaPond
As to the Falkland "adventure" you have to understand that it is a deep cultural issue for both sides. I was in the US already when it took place but grew up in the UK prior to that. And my first thought was exactly like Jules' although in retrospect I'm sure it played little in the ref's decision. (Maybe.) heh

So don't go around "tutting" too much. I'm sure no disrespect was meant.

And if you really feel the need to go off on someone about about it, educate yourself on the real causes of the war and blame those young deaths on the Argentinian Military Junta for invading the Faukland islands in the first place, based on mere political expediancy.
You just added more unnecessary words to something I pointed out shouldn't be brought up in a music forum. Instead of making it better, you made it worse !

Do you really think that the ref was thinking about the Falklands when he gave out that red card ? Give me a f****k break !

And by the way, I know a lot more about that subject than you can possibly imagine. Before you tell me to educate myself, make sure you damn well know who the hell you're talking to...

Now let's drop it and get back to the subject at hand...it's been over for 24 years !
Old 2nd July 2006
not quite?

Quote:
Now let's drop it and get back to the subject at hand...it's been over for 24 years !

http://www.guardian.co.uk/falklands/...html?gusrc=rss

Dreamsongs, i agree that this isn't the place to tak about the F.I.

but since BR and AR aren't in the game anymore
Old 2nd July 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
You just added more unnecessary words to something I pointed out shouldn't be brought up in a music forum. Instead of making it better, you made it worse !

Quote:
But he (the ref) should never had let it get to that point. Rooney was fouled several times during that exchange and the ref should have called it earlier and awarded the UK a free kick.
THAT was my main point. You're the one getting sore at the mention of......shhhh

Fauklands.

It don't know what your issue is and I don't know what went through the referees mind. I do know what went through mine and I do know what went through Jules' because he said so.

And I'm sure many more people in the UK had a similar thought.

But in the end the referee let the situation get out of hand. Period. For whatever reason.

Discuss that.
Old 2nd July 2006
Gear Addict

yes, exactly, referee "made" england lose...thats what happens whenever someone loses hahaha...I should remind you that there was no win or lose condition even after 120 minutes..There is nothing to do with the referee..Ricardo, maybe...The guys that missed penalties for England, maybe...Portugal's better penalties, maybe...but not the referee mate..
Old 2nd July 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneinaPond
THAT was my main point. You're the one getting sore at the mention of......shhhh

Fauklands.

It don't know what your issue is and I don't know what went through the referees mind. I do know what went through mine and I do know what went through Jules' because he said so.

And I'm sure many more people in the UK had a similar thought.

But in the end the referee let the situation get out of hand. Period. For whatever reason.

Discuss that.

I've made my point, I don't need to reiterate...

And, I'm sure Jules didn't mean any harm by it. But you don't have to answer in his behalf. You poured more salt in the wound by sticking your nose in it.

I have traveled around the world several times, a lot more than most people. And, I have very good friends from all corners of the globe. It just so happens that I have many good friends who are British and just as many from Argentina.

I'm also a very educated person and it just happens that I to know a lot about that topic. For various reasons...

If it was the other way around, I would've reacted the same way because I do know how it was. I knew people who died in that senseless war. It's not just something I've read in the newspaper, I've lived it in the flesh. I could go on but it's not the place...

So...next time you go telling somebody in a public forum to educate themselves. You make sure you know what and who you're saying it to !

I hope this time you understand where I was coming from...no hard feelings here.

Old 3rd July 2006
Lives for gear

Yiiiiiiiiiihaaaaaaaaaaaa! France has really shown a worldchampion level against Brazil!!!! No luck or unfair decision here! It was all great performance!
I bet they are gonna get this worldcup!!! Zidane is gonna give all he has left on his last 2 games and retire with a second well deserved world title....
Henri was amazing too...
Old 3rd July 2006
Lives for gear

Talking Yes, Zidane made the show !

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexstringer
Yiiiiiiiiiihaaaaaaaaaaaa! France has really shown a worldchampion level against Brazil!!!! No luck or unfair decision here! It was all great performance!
I bet they are gonna get this worldcup!!! Zidane is gonna give all he has left on his last 2 games and retire with a second well deserved world title....
Henri was amazing too...
Congratulations for France. France team did play better than Brazil, France won.
Zidane made the difference, maybe !
Be carefull with Portugal. They have an hardcore " a kind of esquizofrenic "brazilian coach .
Old 3rd July 2006
Quote:
Congratulations for France. France team did play better than Brazil, France won.
Zidane made the difference, maybe !
Be carefull with Portugal. They have an hardcore " a kind of esquizofrenic "brazilian coach .
Scolari is the man,
Farera.. stupid, i don't understand him, he shouldn't be coaching in this level of football
Old 3rd July 2006
Lives for gear

Exclamation Alien forces against brazilian team ?

We still dont know.
We analyzing facts, but, heads will be cutting down !
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha ( stupid joke )
Old 4th July 2006
Quote:
We still dont know.
We analyzing facts, but, heads will be cutting down !
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha ( stupid joke )
Scolari has brought Portugal very far already
Old 4th July 2006
Lives for gear

Smile Oh yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanTan
Scolari has brought Portugal very far already

Scolari Portugal team coach is good trainner.English national team almost did contract with him days before Cup beggins. !
Old 4th July 2006
Lives for gear

Exclamation ITALY go to final !

Great match, dramatic. Italy scored 2 goals in the last 2 minutes. Fantastic victory.
German people, its life.
Game is just a game.
Tomorrow will see, France x Portugal
Football is a trick business .

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search