The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Full Sail Graduates Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 15th January 2011
  #241
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadrian View Post
go to your state U and get an EE degree.
I wish I had done this!
Old 17th February 2011
  #242
Here for the gear
 

Full Sail reviews

Here's the link to my now, pretty comprehensive Full Sail review blog. I know it skews to the negative but most of the reviews of Full Sail are negative. There is the rare, currently enrolled student that's been drinking too much purple koolaid that loves the place but for the most part most folks resign themselves to the fact that they are getting a mediocre education in exchange for..... a tenth of a million dollars.

Ouch.

Full Sail University reviews

I got burned for $20K and I'm trying to save others a world of financial hurt.
Old 17th February 2011
  #243
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsisbs View Post
Here's the link to my now, pretty comprehensive Full Sail review blog. I know it skews to the negative but most of the reviews of Full Sail are negative. There is the rare, currently enrolled student that's been drinking too much purple koolaid that loves the place but for the most part most folks resign themselves to the fact that they are getting a mediocre education in exchange for..... a tenth of a million dollars.

Ouch.

Full Sail University reviews

I got burned for $20K and I'm trying to save others a world of financial hurt.
Have you ever attended another university? Many of your complaints are at every school. Like or hate Full Sail, your logic in your blog needs help.
Old 18th February 2011
  #244
Gear Maniac
 

So say you did EE, what then? Intern? Why do that when a graduate could earn £18-£25k .....There are a lot of options for electronic engineers, it's a wide field, so how would one get a placement if there are any at a company like Avid, what institutions have ties etc.

Been looking for this info for a while but turned up nothing.
Old 18th February 2011
  #245
Lives for gear
 
djanthonyw's Avatar
 

Whenever I picture Full Sail, all I can think about are complete noobs that want to "make beats" with Pro Tools because that's what Timbaland uses.
Old 18th February 2011
  #246
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowood101 View Post
Have you ever attended another university? Many of your complaints are at every school. Like or hate Full Sail, your logic in your blog needs help.
I did go to another school. I have a BS from a big ten university. I'm not some starry eyed 18-22 year old that is willing to accept whatever an instructor throws at me. I'm over forty and when I spend money on something I expect a certain level of quality in return.

My blog is basically a clearinghouse of information about Full Sail... things the admissions folks aren't going to tell you... information about crime on and around campus.... that no other school will recognize a degree from Full Sail. Hearing the terms "national accreditation" and "regional accreditation" most people assume national is better than regional which it is not. The the industries you want to get into are saturated.

I also feel that if an institution is allowed to call itself a university, it should be held to some of the same standards... student should not be allowed to graduate writing at a sixth grade level.

The typical BS line I hear is "Full Sail is what you make it". Sure, that can be said of any school but that school still needs to be held to a specific, testable standard for what goes on in the classroom. I attended the place for seven months and I wish I had a video camera running so you could see the quality of instructing that went on at that place. I've also worked as a K-12 school teacher so I've got some practical experience to compare it to.

btw, thanks for the feedback... remember most of the content is culled from other places on the internet and not written by me.
Old 18th February 2011
  #247
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSPirate View Post
Is our reputatin really so bad that it handicaps the good students as well?
.
Personally, I feel this is due to excessively high expectations of graduates, some jealousy and skepticism.

Many also have a high degree of skepticism for the school and see it a way to provide income for instructors while providing little more a pipe dream for the students who spend money on the school.

Here is what some people would expect from such graduates.

1) Understanding of acoustics and practical applications of the knowledge
2) Ability to discern frequencies by listening and practical applications of the knowledge
3) Good mic placement, understanding mic patterns and practical applications of the knowledge
3) How to cut frequencies to make instruments fit in a mix
4) Ear training - the ability to hear intervals
5) How to repair, clean and even build gear
6) Ability to record and mix a professional sounding recording
7) Speed
8) A professional upbeat attitude

All this comes well before the ability to know how to run Pro Tools, a desk or outboard units.

Finally, after ALL THIS and paying for an expensive education, many expect you to work like a dog for peanuts with a smile!
Old 20th February 2011
  #248
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by piano View Post
Personally, I feel this is due to excessively high expectations of graduates, some jealousy and skepticism.

Many also have a high degree of skepticism for the school and see it a way to provide income for instructors while providing little more a pipe dream for the students who spend money on the school.

Here is what some people would expect from such graduates.

1) Understanding of acoustics and practical applications of the knowledge
2) Ability to discern frequencies by listening and practical applications of the knowledge
3) Good mic placement, understanding mic patterns and practical applications of the knowledge
3) How to cut frequencies to make instruments fit in a mix
4) Ear training - the ability to hear intervals
5) How to repair, clean and even build gear
6) Ability to record and mix a professional sounding recording
7) Speed
8) A professional upbeat attitude

All this comes well before the ability to know how to run Pro Tools, a desk or outboard units.

Finally, after ALL THIS and paying for an expensive education, many expect you to work like a dog for peanuts with a smile!
Whilst I agree with numbers 1-5, 6 + 7 come from real-world experience and 8 primarily comes down to the individual in question. It would be nice if a tertiary institution could do these things, but I think it pays to be realistic.

At least in my opinion and life experiences...
Old 1st November 2011
  #249
Quote:
1) Understanding of acoustics and practical applications of the knowledge
2) Ability to discern frequencies by listening and practical applications of the knowledge
3) Good mic placement, understanding mic patterns and practical applications of the knowledge
3) How to cut frequencies to make instruments fit in a mix
4) Ear training - the ability to hear intervals
5) How to repair, clean and even build gear
6) Ability to record and mix a professional sounding recording
7) Speed
8) A professional upbeat attitude
I graduated in '06 and learned lots of those (though 3, 6, & 7 absolutely came with time in a studio). There was lots of open labs while I was there that no one else attended the majority of the time that helped me learn more than others but was available to all. I think that with a year program (or even the longer one but I'm not sure how much of that is business now) it's near impossible to take someone who knows nothing and through them out a world class engineer (look at how many people have been doing this for YEARS and aren't a world class engineer). Yes it is expensive, yes you can graduate and be a total hack but none of those are exclusive to Full Sail (I've worked with several people I'm amazed made it through Berklee at all) and I wouldn't have been as well prepared for the industry as I was if I wouldn't have attended there.
Old 4th November 2011
  #250
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsisbs View Post
I did go to another school. I have a BS from a big ten university. I'm not some starry eyed 18-22 year old that is willing to accept whatever an instructor throws at me. I'm over forty and when I spend money on something I expect a certain level of quality in return.

My blog is basically a clearinghouse of information about Full Sail... things the admissions folks aren't going to tell you... information about crime on and around campus.... that no other school will recognize a degree from Full Sail. Hearing the terms "national accreditation" and "regional accreditation" most people assume national is better than regional which it is not. The the industries you want to get into are saturated.

I also feel that if an institution is allowed to call itself a university, it should be held to some of the same standards... student should not be allowed to graduate writing at a sixth grade level.

The typical BS line I hear is "Full Sail is what you make it". Sure, that can be said of any school but that school still needs to be held to a specific, testable standard for what goes on in the classroom. I attended the place for seven months and I wish I had a video camera running so you could see the quality of instructing that went on at that place. I've also worked as a K-12 school teacher so I've got some practical experience to compare it to.

btw, thanks for the feedback... remember most of the content is culled from other places on the internet and not written by me.
.

Plus one, great post.

I attended Berklee, and it's the same exact reality in green.

The school makes money. The banks make money. The teachers make a little bit of money (which they can't make playing gigs, since there are VERY few paying gigs), and the students are led to believe they'll have jobs when they graduate - which is largely BS.

The thing most students absolutely WILL have when they graduate is DEBT. With almost zero professional way to pay for it (!)

The reality of the music "business" REALLY, REALLY sucks for most people.

Of course, there are ALWAYS a few exceptions.

.
Old 4th November 2011
  #251
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmike View Post
That said, I've had the opportunity to visit Full Sail, Expressions and three SAE schools. They were all very impressive looking with great gear. At each school, I asked them how many students actually got jobs. And at each school they answered "Very few."

Mike McRoberts

I was literally a signature away from a year at SAE. Had my parent's support (emotional and financial if needed) but there were two things that stopped my pen:
Q 1: You guys have been open for 2 years (SF one is new), how many graduates have jobs? A: Well, only about 4 have graduated... and 1 just got this kickass job in Texas working in a truck, the others are always using our work help program to try and find jobs!
My response: So, 2 years, 4 graduates, and 1 job?
Q 2: Where did you (the admissions guy) graduate? A: Oh man I graduated from SAE in LA! It was great!
My response: So you dropped 20 grand, learned a ton... and are now working in admissions so you can program the automated SSL board to do a little light show for when your friends/students come by?

Now I don't know how much I may have learned, or what I may have gained from that school. And maybe that job in the truck in Texas was truly badass. But I do know that from looking at their curriculum, I realized I had learned over half the stuff from a few months of free reading here. And the rest I learned in a few more months here... also for free. Plus I learned a ton about room acoustics and was able to study for a non-music degree that might lead to a stable job with a steady income should I wish to go that route...

Back on topic for Full Sail and recording schools, I think a part of the problem lies in pacing and application. Obviously, you can't just throw everything at know-nothing students and expect them to gain from it. But I took a mixing class at my community college for kicks and the guys and girls in the recording section were working with mics very soon off. And their stuff sounded decent. I know people in a 4-year program who have been taking a mixing class since August and are just learning the basics of EQ. I learned so much more from applying my very very basic knowledge of effects to recordings and going "well that sounds like shît! how can I fix it?"




Hope I haven't rambled for too long, I only had a nickel and no one had change so I gave all 5 cents...
Old 4th November 2011
  #252
Lives for gear
 
JLiRD808's Avatar
Hope this isn't off topic....any opinions on Recording Workshop in Chilicothe? What about any NYC schools? I've learned a ****load on my own in books, mags, dvd's, HERE, and with mentors and couldnt tolerate some half-ass school/instructor....not on my dollar.

I agree that expecting a job straight outta graduation is foolish....that's why I got a normal BS too. I think internings the way to go, I just wonder if I could get my foot in the door WITHOUT a degree from FS, SAE, CRAS, etc....haven't really tried yet.

Anyone here intern before? With/without degrees?

Sent from my Droid using Gearslutz.com
Old 26th November 2011
  #253
Gear Maniac
 
craigdouglas's Avatar
 

i graduated in 98 thought it was a pretty helpfull school.. met alot of people and it got me in the door on a few tv shows and studios.. .. i think most of the issues people have with graduates is that they get out of school pretty cocky.. and think since they know how to use a patchbay they are pro and want a pro rate as an intern
Old 26th November 2011
  #254
Lives for gear
 
Jazz Noise's Avatar
I'm gonna stick my nose in and say I'm on a Music Technology course in Ireland and I think it's fairly universal in all walks of life for there to be disinterested people on any form of training course. Many people consider the peice of paper the important part, some people think that if they go to all the lectures + get qualified that they'll be epic winz. It obviously doesn't work like that at all and I see people in far more job-orientated courses such as accountancy that struggle for employment simply because they have the paper but none of the knowledge. However the fact that Full Sail students dont even do the QC to allow them call it a degree is amazing, there's Arts degrees on less serious matters and Academic Snobbery in the AE world is possibly going to become an issue.

But I will say that the disinterest students are easy to spot. The ones that 3 years in give you a weird look when you tell them they can't get a seperate headphone mix unless they send that mix to a seperate output, the ones that hear a speaker pop and ask if that's what mains hum sounds like. But judging yourself by your peers isn't constructive!

I've been taking out studio time just to test mic positions and different mics on different instruments and sources, volunteering in any college-based gigs, and learning as much as I can about audio electronics through various sources. I'm currently reading a book on Audio Software design. Oh, and I do pretty well in my course too. College has been benificial to me in terms of exposure to discourse and understanding elements I may have, admitteldly, been too much of a narrow minded 6-string wielding rebel to care about. Having the time, having 9 months of the year, to just sit and talk with other people about music is a life changing experience for someone previously living on the RRR school diet (Reading, Riting, Regurgitation).

So in the course of time the idea of graduating to intern has become not enough for me and now I'm pretty sure I'm broadening my skillbase to the point where I can work in audio software/hardware developement, live sound, gigging, recording, sound design or filmscore because I've the knowledge. Which is good, because I'll probably have to do them all at some point!
Old 26th November 2011
  #255
I Graduated from FS in 93 and Couldn't get a job ANYWHERE. I think FS got a bad name occassionally mainly because back in those days a "Recording Engineering" School was frowned upon by Established Studios, Engineers,Mixers who worked their asses off learning from Mentors and FINALLY got their Break and had to learn the "hard way". Then Along comes a School that was A: EXPENSIVE .....B: NOW, EVEN MORE EXPENSIVE that only "rich kids" could afford... So when it was time to show up for an interview it was a NO GO.......Well, I was NOT a rich kid however ended up enjoying it and learning a TON of stuff...This did not help me on bit due to the fact every studio I went to would not even TAKE my resume when They found out I went to Full Sail, they would say " Sorry were not hiring" then file it ... So the Urban tales began that all FS Student were less than adequate ( IMO out of jealousy). Fast Forward, Times have changed, and Full Sail Is one of the best Schools for those WANTING TO learn. Especially in CGI... Although I believe it's seriously overpriced. And now Recording schools are popping up everywhere, especially here in Orlando, Fl. So In conclusion, Full Sail isn't bad, As In every college, you redeem what you put in.
Old 26th November 2011
  #256
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz Noise View Post
I'm gonna stick my nose in and say I'm on a Music Technology course in Ireland and I think it's fairly universal in all walks of life for there to be disinterested people on any form of training course.
I have to disagree here. I went to a prestigious music conservatory. Every player--and almost every teacher--there was highly committed, energetic, and passionate about practicing and playing. The fact that there were yearly juries that washed out players who weren't making enough progress helped keep people motivated and encouraged wishy-washy people to drop out.

Simultaneously, I got a degree from a liberal arts college where, yes, the vast majority were aimless and not very motivated.

Fast forward 25 years, and it's the liberal arts college graduates who are doing much better overall, since they could become lawyers and doctors and investment bankers, whereas the musicians keep struggling in the shrinking arts market.

The lesson here is that larger market forces are inescapable. The prospects for audio engineering graduates are so bleak that I think schools like music conservatories and Full Sail should be legally obligated to discuss graduate placement and salaries with all prospective students.
Old 26th November 2011
  #257
Lives for gear
 
Jazz Noise's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Confusionator View Post
Every player--and almost every teacher--there was highly committed, energetic, and passionate about practicing and playing.

Simultaneously, I got a degree from a liberal arts college where, yes, the vast majority were aimless and not very motivated.

Fast forward 25 years, and it's the liberal arts college graduates who are doing much better overall, since they could become lawyers and doctors and investment bankers, whereas the musicians keep struggling in the shrinking arts market.

The lesson here is that larger market forces are inescapable.
I'l agree that I certainly don't see the space for the number that are qualified on a yearly basis but this isn't an industry specific issue. There's something like 100 graduates for every job in Game Design in Ireland and the UK. Multimedia, Software - some industries just have more demand than others.

The music industry is definitely shrinking. There's less people paying people to record them, but that's not the only job going. Film, TV, Advertising, Gaming, Radio, Live Sound, Gigging (Though this is shrinking too), and even the artier stuff like sound installations are still going pretty much as they always have and there's work to be had. The mass demand for music has not declined, collectively we just need to analyse our approach. It's not the end of the world, just Abbey Roads heh
Old 29th November 2011
  #258
Gear Head
 
da4gotten92's Avatar
 

HA! Im glad I dropped out of "Fail Sail". All my classmates are graduating soon, and the majority don't even know what to do! Some one even got married, what a fool. And to think it's worth $75,000 one would expect high job rate, but no. All I have to say is that dropping out is the best decision I ever made. Im' a Biology major now. In the future if I ever want to get back into sound again, Ill have financial back up as a doctor/medproffesor/biologist/ whatever. Perhaps not the time but, who cares this is just for fun. At least for me.
Old 29th November 2011
  #259
Lives for gear
Quote:
In the future if I ever want to get back into sound again, Ill have financial back up as a doctor/medproffesor/biologist/ whatever. Perhaps not the time but, who cares this is just for fun. At least for me.
Why the f%^& would you think of spending 75k if it's "just for fun"?
Old 30th November 2011
  #260
Gear Head
 
da4gotten92's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoRillo View Post
Why the f%^& would you think of spending 75k if it's "just for fun"?
Sorry, let me clarify. I didnt finish so I ended up wasting 30k. It's still a lot of money but im glad I didnt finish it. Let me explain when I said "just for fun". Back when I was in high school I was in a band and at school I'd get to work on sound and do some fun stuff. At church also, so I thought I could do this my whole life. I went to Full Sail and worked on the side at a church with my cousin. And day after day working there made me realize how hard it is to get a job in the industry. Most of the employees there had been to FS and said the same thing, they couldn't get a decent job. The more I spent at FS and working the more I realized that this wasn't for me. So I decided that the best thing for me to do was drop out and pursue a career that I like and gets me a good salary. Ill leave sound on the side.
Old 18th April 2012
  #261
Here for the gear
 

Full Sail University.....Full Fail University

I also attended Full Sail University back in 2009 but for their Web Design & Development program. While the school's primary focus is the 20 something crowd, I did not fall into that demographic. I'm a married with kids, mid 30's guy who expects to get what he paid for and i usually do....except this time

My first few classes went well, although I thought the youtube like instruction was not on par for a "higher education" learning experience. The classes also did not dig deep into the material. It simply brushed over the basics and moved on. By my third class, my gut just wouldn't stop telling me this was not what you paid for. I finally had my fill of Full Sail University after never receiving an email back from my instructor after waiting 2 weeks. Being an online student, instructor response time is essential to the learning of even the basic material they were covering.

I finally withdrew from Full Sail University and thought I'd be done with the school. Full Sail wasn't done with me. They sent me a bill for thousands of dollars in classes I never took. I had to write the bank issuing my student loans before Full Sail returned the money.

I've taken to the web to share my story and help others see the real "behind the scenes tour" of Full Sail University. Check out my website Full Sail Reviews | Full Sail University Reviews, Full Sail Blog, Full Sail Review, Full Sail Scam, Full Sail University Review for everything the admissions dept. won't tell you.

Good Luck
Old 18th April 2012
  #262
6293
Guest
i also went to a university for an audio education.
It was a four year degree program which was part of the physics department, so a heavily weighted science component (physicsI&II, acoustics, calculus, electronics I&II, Integrated circuits, Computer programming/networking classes and any additional electives in math or science) but also had the option to structure your remaining credits around a music performance or composition minor. I learned sight-reading/singing, two semesters of musiciansip and harmony classes and almost 30 credit hours of guitar lessons (which included yearly juries). AND I got to play in a synth studio (with a full MOOG Modular 1c, Kyma system, Waldorf Microwave, M1, Prophet, Wavestation...etc.) AND a 24 track ATR studio (soundtracs solitaire/Studer A80 MKIII-i believe).

Received a B.S in Audio Technology. Thought I was hot ****. Music Industry here I come.

Our professor sat us down (all 8-10 of the graduating seniors) towards our final class and said "I just thought you all should know that there won't be jobs out there for 90% of you in this room."

I thought he was joking. I had just spent close to 140k on an education from a "real school". I just knew there was a job out there. I HAD PAID FOR IT.


Well there was a job out there, it just took 12 years to find it.
Network Administrator-to-
A/V company field installer-to-
Part time FOH club Dood-to-
Full Time FOH/Monitor club Dood-to-
Full Time Freelance FOH/Monitor engineer/Part Time Club FOH and Stage Manager-to-
Full Time Freelance FOH/Monitor engineer/Part Time Freelance Broadcast Mixer-to-
Full Time Staff Audio Engineer/System Tech/Broadcast Mixer/FOH/Monitors/Get the picture? Still haven't landed a full time studio gig....




Passion is a foul-mouthed, cavernous son of a bitch.
But it doesn't ever give up on itself.

School is a tool. Use it or not. First lesson in Audio.........
a million ways to skin a cat.


oh, and there is no such thing wireless 4aught.
Old 18th April 2012
  #263
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullsailreviews View Post
I also attended Full Sail University back in 2009 but for their Web Design & Development program. While the school's primary focus is the 20 something crowd, I did not fall into that demographic. I'm a married with kids, mid 30's guy who expects to get what he paid for and i usually do....except this time

My first few classes went well, although I thought the youtube like instruction was not on par for a "higher education" learning experience. The classes also did not dig deep into the material. It simply brushed over the basics and moved on. By my third class, my gut just wouldn't stop telling me this was not what you paid for. I finally had my fill of Full Sail University after never receiving an email back from my instructor after waiting 2 weeks. Being an online student, instructor response time is essential to the learning of even the basic material they were covering.

I finally withdrew from Full Sail University and thought I'd be done with the school. Full Sail wasn't done with me. They sent me a bill for thousands of dollars in classes I never took. I had to write the bank issuing my student loans before Full Sail returned the money.

I've taken to the web to share my story and help others see the real "behind the scenes tour" of Full Sail University. Check out my website Full Sail Reviews | Full Sail University Reviews, Full Sail Blog, Full Sail Review, Full Sail Scam, Full Sail University Review for everything the admissions dept. won't tell you.

Good Luck
Did you really need to make another account to re-spam your blog? Maybe you should just put FS behind you.
Old 19th April 2012
  #264
Lives for gear
 
doom64's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowood101 View Post
Did you really need to make another account to re-spam your blog? Maybe you should just put FS behind you.
I disagree. The guy got bad service and wants to prevent others from making the same mistake. Can you blame him? School tuition is not chump change.

I applaud him and look forward to reading through the VERY NICELY DESIGNED site!
Old 19th April 2012
  #265
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowood101 View Post
Did you really need to make another account to re-spam your blog? Maybe you should just put FS behind you.
Some people dont take too kindly to throwing $30k away...
Old 20th April 2012
  #266
Lives for gear
 
doom64's Avatar
$30,000 is nothing. Look at fullsailreviews' recent discovery of how much money the Federal government is throwing at these jokers. That's right, gearslutz is partially funded by the taxpayer dollar through FSU advertising. Not that there's anything wrong with that but just so you know...

As far as I'm concerned if nobody is getting rich in the field of audio engineering then FSU shouldn't either. Here's a picture of a FSU executive's $4 million house: http://fullsailreviews.net/wp-conten...1-05-59-am.png DOWN WITH THE SCUM OF THE EARTH!!
Old 20th April 2012
  #267
181483
Guest
I am about 1/2 way with paying my $130k in loans from an elite music college in the northeast. I got 95% to getting my degree and 'flipped them the bird' and said no thanks. I also feel I was grossly ripped off. These schools are marketing and selling pipe dreams. I am not bitter anymore since going into audio about 10 years ago (not my field in college, but a die-hard hobby), and so far it has been...alright. I have a lot more work this year than last. My skills have 10-folded in the last couple years. Most of my work this year is mastering so I am gravitating into that direction. I just pay the loans and not blink an eye. Ultimately you have to own up to the 'mistake'.
Old 20th April 2012
  #268
Lives for gear
 
doom64's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixtree Audio View Post
I am about 1/2 way with paying my $130k in loans from an elite music college in the northeast. I got 95% to getting my degree and 'flipped them the bird' and said no thanks. I also feel I was grossly ripped off. These schools are marketing and selling pipe dreams. I am not bitter anymore since going into audio about 10 years ago (not my field in college, but a die-hard hobby), and so far it has been...alright. I have a lot more work this year than last. My skills have 10-folded in the last couple years. Most of my work this year is mastering so I am gravitating into that direction. I just pay the loans and not blink an eye. Ultimately you have to own up to the 'mistake'.
Very very true. That's a damn shame because $130K could buy a nice SSL and a nice API desk with money left over for vintage mics/outboard gear!

You know what I'd rather spend $130K on though? Marketing/renting gear for running live sound to these rich companies that have meetings/awards dinners/ceremonies at those fancy hotels. That's where the money is (besides education).
Old 24th April 2012
  #269
Here for the gear
 
Kessler_Audio's Avatar
 

Ok guys, i went to full sail in 2008 and graduated in 2009. I learned a lot and worked my ass off to do well. This is right when the economy tanked so i had to hustle it up to get work. I can see how some people can fling S**t at the school at the drop of a hat, but if you work hard, your dedication is rewarded. I'm living in my hometown in Cincinnati and have quite a bit of work. Full Sail gave me the basics and fundamentals to start my career. How I was raised though my parents told me to never have a sense of entitlement. I've met a ton of classmates that were rich and thought they were too good to be there. You know what i did? I IGNORED them! Once again, i had a great time at the school, met some great people i'm still friends with and learned a lot while i was there. It's not for everyone but i loved it. That's just my 2 cents.
Old 27th November 2012
  #270
Gear Maniac
 

ive been hearing of the photog school in san fransciso in simliar to full sale and now they are having big class action

Brooks Institute of Photography - Topix

could this be the subject for some full salers to pursue?
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
JustinPhelps / Geekslutz forum
32
JFork / So much gear, so little time
4
ChrisG / Gear free zone - shoot the breeze
12

Forum Jump
Forum Jump