The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
McCartney's Pre-nup?
Old 18th May 2006
Gear Maniac

McCartney's Pre-nup?

Man I hate to see this happen to Mac at 63.

Paul McCartney could lose up to a quarter of his estimated $1.56-billion fortune after separating from his second wife Heather Mills, That would equate to roughly $1.9 million for every week of their short-lived four-year marriage.
Old 18th May 2006
Lives for gear

so ?
Old 18th May 2006
Lives for gear

He didn't sign a pre-nup. He could lose 50% if she is greedy. I'm not a lawyer, but I play one on TV. I'm sure he'll make do with 800 million dollars if she takes him to the cleaner. I'm not really that concerned. Paul will do just fine.
Old 18th May 2006
Gear Guru

I am trying to figure out why everyone just assumes she is a gold digger.

People seem to love to assume the worst about people. Personally, I don't know the woman, so I can't say.
Old 18th May 2006
Lives for gear

And thoughts on this? I had a few.

Some Paul McCartney Thoughts/Song Title Adjustments and Comments:

- Sgt Prenup's Lonely Hearts Club Band
- Prenup in the Sky With Diamonds
- CAN Buy Me Love
- Carry That Weight
- Eight Days a Week (I Paaaaaaaaaaaaaay You)
- We CAN'T Work It Out
- With a LOT of Help From My Friends (after Heather's done sticking that leg up my rear end in court)
- While My Guitar Gently Weeps (because it's being auctioned off at Sotheby's to pay for my divorce)
- Tomorrow Never Knows (How much more money I'll have to hand over to her)
- The Long and Winding Road (Of trials and support payments)
- When I'm Sixty Four (I'll STILL be paying Heather)
- Hello Goodbye (as I sign over my quarterly PRS cheques to Heather)
- Golden Slumbers (is what Heather will be having)
- Every Little Thing (that's what Heather's going to be taking from me)
- Penny Lane (that's all I'll be left with after Heather's done)
- Old Brown Shoe (that's also all I'll be left with)
- Devil In Her Heart (should have listened to my own words written decades ago)
- Baby You're a Rich Man (this is going to be all so true)
- Money (That's What I Want) - Heather's official theme song for these proceedings
- Magical Mystery Tour (the thought process the judge will be using to determine the settlement)
- Love Me Do (Heather: Mission Accomplished)
- Leave My Kitten Alone (the words Heather said to Paul 5 seconds after they were married)
- Come and Get It (what lawyers see painted on Paul's behind)
- Taxman (after Heather's done, Paul will wish he was dealing with the taxman instead - cheaper)
- Take Out Some Insurance On Me Baby (Heather already did)
- The End (self-explainatory)
- Too Much Monkey Business (self-explainatory)
- That Means a Lot (referring to the divorce settlement)
- When I Get Home (the house will be empty and already sold)
- You Know What To Do (yeah, take every quid you have)
- You've Got To Hide Your Love Away (shoulda hid your money instead)
- You Never Give Me Your Money (this will be soooo not true)
- It's All Too Much (it suuuure is, Paul)
Old 18th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axiz7
Man I hate to see this happen to Mac at 63.

Paul McCartney could lose up to a quarter of his estimated $1.56-billion fortune after separating from his second wife Heather Mills, That would equate to roughly $1.9 million for every week of their short-lived four-year marriage.
Man, this is complete conjecture, but I don't think a partner is able to get to money/property/etc. held before the marriage. I'm not a divorce lawyer, so I might be wrong, but I think that's what's up. She's most likely %50 privy to whatever the couple have purchased while together and made while together. Of course, that's where things get really ugly. . . how do you divide that up? And kids further complicate the matter (rightfully so, IMO)

You've got me interested- anyone else know anything about divorce law? And how different is it between the States, Britain and the rest of Europe?
Old 18th May 2006
Lives for gear

I dunno about this Macka pre-nup malarky, but anyone who's not seen the Coen Bros film: INTOLERABLE CRUELTY, go rent it now........absolutely flippin' hilarious (it should have been called: "Pre-Nup").
Old 18th May 2006
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounds Great
I am trying to figure out why everyone just assumes she is a gold digger.

People seem to love to assume the worst about people. Personally, I don't know the woman, so I can't say.
Don't get your panties in a wad... notice the COULD word? Just reporting from AOL...and making conversation.
Old 18th May 2006
Gear Guru

Quote:
Don't get your panties in a wad... notice the COULD word? Just reporting from AOL...and making conversation.

Cool.

I just like to assume the best of someone until they prove otherwise. thumbsup
Old 18th May 2006
Lives for gear

i think marriage is bogus in todays society...

why is this woman entitled to anything he has? marriage is nothing more than a financial bond, and or crisis for us humans...there is no more love between man and woman..
Old 18th May 2006
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmostynx
i think marriage is bogus in todays society...

why is this woman entitled to anything he has? ..

Well because that just the way society works.

I think they should average his earnings over say... the last 43 years starting at 20? and give HER four years worth, less what she's earned as a human rights spokes(wo)man, model, etc.

...But I just play a lawyer on GS's.
Old 18th May 2006
Lives for gear

She was a highly paid model and had money going into the marriage. So why should Paul give any money up at all?? Last I checked she didn't write any songs or play bass or rock the Ed Sullivan show. The idea that someon is entited to something for nothing is ridiculous.
Old 18th May 2006
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestral
She was a highly paid model and had money going into the marriage. So why should Paul give any money up at all?? Last I checked she didn't write any songs or play bass or rock the Ed Sullivan show. The idea that someon is entited to something for nothing is ridiculous.
I'll buy that...But the judge pobably won't.

...I think that's called a "Prenuptial."
Old 18th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
I'll buy that...But the judge pobably won't.

...I think that's called a "Prenuptial."
I think the fact that we need a "prenuptial" to something that should be obvious and self-evident tells us what a huge problem we have.

No wonder why the Marriage Strike movement is gaining so much ground amongst young men:
http://www.mattweeks.com/strike.htm
http://dontgetmarried.proboards75.co...ead=1146253418
http://www.ejfi.org/Civilization/Civilization-9.htm
Old 18th May 2006
Gear Maniac

Paul was probably on the rebound, though it has been a few years since Linda.

He just appears as a kind soul, to begin with...I don't know.

...such is life.

Old 18th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
I think the fact that we need a "prenuptial" to something that should be obvious and self-evident tells us what a huge problem we have.

No wonder why the Marriage Strike movement is gaining so much ground amongst young men:
http://www.mattweeks.com/strike.htm
http://dontgetmarried.proboards75.co...ead=1146253418
http://www.ejfi.org/Civilization/Civilization-9.htm
Happy 1,000th post! An interesting one, might I add.
Old 19th May 2006
We were kidding around in the studio today wondering what his answering machine messages would be like

BEEP! Hi Paul, its Elton.. just wanted to say.. if you needed anything..
BEEP! (raspy voice) Hi Paul it's Tina, what's love got to do with it. eh?
BEEP! Hi Paul its Ringo here, if you ever feel like coming over for a jam...
BEEP! Hi Paul, its me Tommy Green Fingers, you know, your old weed dealer? Any way, I 've got some..
BEEP! Hi Paul this is Michael, I am in Saudi Arabia at the moment, pop over, you'd love the weather here..
BEEP!

Etc etc...

What a circus it will be anyway..

Poor bloke..

Old 19th May 2006
Gear Guru

Will you still need me, will you still feed me,
When I’m sixty-four.
Old 19th May 2006
Gear Maniac

Funny stuff Jules. heh

I know Stella must be happy...

...Didn't want to make her that wedding dress anyway's.
Old 19th May 2006
Lives for gear

they will talk it over and be back together.. they seemed happy.
Old 19th May 2006
no ssl yet
It takes a FOOL to learn

That love dont love NOBODY
Old 19th May 2006
Lives for gear

An interesting article on Heather Mills:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/main...theather19.xml

Some choice quotes:

Quote:
Lady Mills McCartney, as Paul himself said yesterday, is no gold-digger. What Heather digs is attention. She is blatant about it and that is what rankles.
Quote:
All Heather's acts of altruism seem to be more about Heather than anything else.
Quote:
Marriage to one of the most-renowned songwriters of the 20th century brought her the best kind of attention there is: a place on the A list. She mingled with statesmen and royalty, and went global. Heather's face has appeared everywhere from Vanity Fair magazine to CNN and she loved it. She loved it so much that, apparently, she began to resent the fact that her husband still got more attention than she did.
Quote:
But it wasn't long before he started to look a bit of an old fool, mesmerised by what have been described in one Vanity Fair profile as Heather's "erotic wiles". Her sartorial makeover of Paul, which involved dyeing his hair (badly) and styling him in the manner of a children's Gap window display, didn't help either of their public images.
Quote:
According to his friends, it was her criticism and nagging that pushed him over the edge - a paradoxical accusation for a woman who, in her new self-help book, Life Balance, to be published next week, gives us her tips for "spiritual, physical and emotional" happiness.
You know something is wrong when even a bloody BEATLE isn't good enough for a "Lady". She was upset that Paul got more attention?? Well let's see you write a few hundred hit songs that will stand the test of time Heather, then maybe you'll get more attention than Paul.
Old 19th May 2006
Gear Nut

Just something to toss into the mix.....

Pre-nups aren't valid in the UK - under UK law anything they did sign would be worthless anyway
Old 19th May 2006
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounds Great
Will you still need me, will you still feed me,
When I’m sixty-four.
the answer to that apparently is no.
Old 19th May 2006
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by feyshay
He didn't sign a pre-nup. He could lose 50% if she is greedy. I'm not a lawyer, but I play one on TV. I'm sure he'll make do with 800 million dollars if she takes him to the cleaner. I'm not really that concerned. Paul will do just fine.
I dunno. Seems like a lot of money for a blow job from a chic with one leg.
Old 20th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
She was a highly paid model ......
Are you sure?
Old 20th May 2006
Lives for gear

Unless children are involved - property settlement is pretty simple. Simply add up the combined net worth of both people the day of divorce, subtract the combined net worth of both people the day before the marriage and divide by two.

Where it could get sticky is if she sues for "lifestyle accustomed to". Pretty difficult to get since they had no children, she never quit school or a job to be married to Macca. Also, it's not unusual that their combined net worth could be less than before they were married - in that case, it's a cash payment to keep the money away from lawyers and the courts.
Old 20th May 2006
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kats
Pretty difficult to get since they had no children, she never quit school or a job to be married to Macca.
McCartney and Mills to separate
Quote:
Sir Paul and Mills, a former model, married in June 2002. They had a daughter, Beatrice, a year later.
Old 20th May 2006
Lives for gear

While you might be right about proportions

I´m worried about Paul. How would he be doing with only a handful hundreds of millions left over!? Man, you could be possessing only a smaller part of the world then.
Thirds taking over a part of the cluster ... That ought to be a real downer.

Ruphus

PS: From what I read he is pretty alert about keeping material to himself, no matter how much he has in the drawer already.
Old 20th May 2006
Lives for gear

heh

There ya go, serves me right for not reading the National Inquirer.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search