The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Ashlee Simpson and the hidden agenda Dynamics Plugins
Old 25th May 2006
Gear Maniac

some of you guys talk about 'mongoloid' music like it's a bad thing. i'll take the dictators, MC5, stooges, and new york dolls over frank zappa, wagner, or 90% of jazz ever recorded. i've always felt that sometimes people who are 'technically' very good musicians can over think it. sometimes you just need a johnny thunders who can barely play, but has tons of soul and a unique style. anyone else dig?

although, it's kind of hard to call the stooges 'funhouse' record dumb because it's still way ahead of it's time...

ps-led zeppelin is cool, and so is black sabbath.
Old 25th May 2006
500 series nutjob

this mornings rotation will start with
BR5-49
Junior Brown
and some
Danny Gatton
Old 25th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqye
DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE,

stevie wonder is a fr8kk8n GENIUS -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsFmb...urphy%20wonder

Old 25th May 2006
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by pan60
BR5-49
Junior Brown
and some
Danny Gatton
LOVES mah danny gatton - he's a M7th*rf%cker
Old 25th May 2006
Lives for gear

errrrr.......

could we go back to talking about GEAR?
Old 25th May 2006
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Led
Sqye wrote - in fact, if anyone wants to hook me up with new music -
have you checked out the "Circle takes the square" thread in the moan zone?
That doesn't sound like a lot of the classic older stuff.
Cheers

thanks. yes, i have. some cool stuff.
Old 26th May 2006
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Peck
BORRRINNNGG! I liked your posts when you were ranting about all that horny alien crap:

"I find Dr. Jacobs series of erotic novels quite strange, and I have a hard time becoming aroused by them. In one sequence, an Adult Hybrid forced a recalcitrant woman to hold his penis for several hours. I disagree with that! I should not have to see that. I should not have to be "Presented" with Hybrid Toddlers. They should not "Present" the Hybrid Toddlers to me. I should be free from experiences in which I am "Presented" with Hybrid Toddlers. I do not think it is right to "Present" members with Hybrid Toddler materials. Please do not "Present" those bug eyed freaks to the members of Gearslutz, or to Gearslutz forums in general."

I am sorry you feel that way, Dave Peck. Sincerely. You read my whole post, though? Even though it bored you? As well as the other ones? It strikes me, Dave Peck, that this might be the post of a bitter guy who feels insecure inside and needs to try and knock down other people rather than standing with an opinion on his own.

I noticed you quoted me. Did you have to look up recalcitrant, by the way? Or did you just try and get it from context? Good for you!

I may not have time to respond to your flames in the future Dave, but in parting: Quoting me was a smart idea on your part. It lent a little bit of imagination to your otherwise tedious, uninventive post.
Old 26th May 2006
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pan60
BR5-49
Junior Brown
and some
Danny Gatton

I love Danny Gatton.
Old 4th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAProTulz
I like lots of stuff, Zep and Pudding Pops and hell, even Ring Dings and Ho Hos. I study music - I'm not a music scholar, but I've taken lessons and practiced and thought deeply about music. I don't think that Zep is the be all and end all of bands - I like their music, I find the production entertaining and that's really all there is to it.
heh

I saw Zep in the year of Nineteen hundred and seventy five, in a crappy place called the Sam Houston Collisium, normally used for golden gloves boxing matches. They rocked, Plant sang, Page played, Bonhom stomped, lights came on, tape echo's rang out. Actually, damn impressive.

I was young and quite out of my right mind during the event, but I wanted to make my contribution to this outstanding thread.
Old 14th June 2006
500 series nutjob

Big Bad Voodoo Daddy the last few days!
Old 19th June 2006
Lives for gear

Smile

I saw Zep, live in 1973 in Vancouver.
I was 13 years old at the time.
LZ were one of my fave bands at the time.
They sucked and Plant fell of the stage and hurt himself early during the show.
The concert was cancelled.
That was okay, because they sucked.
They were really loud and I would bet they were having major problems hearing themselves in the monitor mix.
It was like a huge wall of distorted noise.
A complete waste of time.
It might have just been an exceptionally bad night, but judging from the other live recordings and boot-legs that my rabid Zep-loving buddies played for me, over and over again...
I would tend to believe that Zep's live shows were likely only well-received by
die-hard fans who were:

a.Stoned
b.Drunk.
c.Both of the above.
d.Deaf or hearing impaired.
e. All of the above

I have also heard a ton of lousy Led Zep recordings.
"The Song Remains The Same" is one of their "best" live recordings.
That in itself is very scary.

Massive Zep marketing didn't take off until Zep 4, in Canada.
The only Zep songs that were played often here were "Whole Lotta' Love" and "D'yer Maker."
After the release of Led Zep 4...
All the old Zepplin was played over and over again to the point of complete overkill.
After the hits:"Rock and Roll", "Black Dog" and "Stairway To Heaven" were played to death on AM and FM radio...

Then... many of the other songs on Zep 1 & 2 were re-released as singles.
By that time I was de-programed of my former youthful love of that band.

I always liked Deep Purple much better and besides their over-played songs "Smoke On the Water" and "Space Trucking," I never have become bored with or sick of Deep Purple.

Back to Zep...

LZ did make some wonderful studio albums.
I still really enjoy "Houses Of The Holy" and "Presence."
Most of the content on both of those records were not over-played to the point of ad nauseam.

They are very talented musicians, especially in a recording studio, no one can argue that fact.
Live they were loud and sloppy.

When their record company released "Coda" I almost vomited.
It was bad enough to hear Zep's old material being played a zillion times per day... On the radio and at virtually every party that I went to or being pplayed by every cover band that I would watch at bars and clubs...
By the age of 18 my former favorite heavy blues-rock band...
Were now a group that I loathed (with the exception of some songs that had not been over-played to death).

Led Zep have their place in rock-blues history...
Their sound and songs inspired millions of people over the past 30+ years.
Including many other musicans.
Radio stations and people will be playing Zep recordings for generations to come, I highly doubt that people will be playing Simpson's records en masse even a couple of years time from now.

Sure lots of Zep song lyrics sucked.
But for a long period of time LZ were the kings of the Rock and Roll heap, regardless.

All of Zeps players are considered widely to be some of the greatest musicians of all-time.And no one can debate that fact, even if they have other opinions in that regard.
In their day, Zep were "The ****."
No one can take that away from them.
No way, no how.

Some of their classic tunes have stood the test of time.
And though those tunes may be dated, they still are quite relevant in the music world.

Though for a time Zep were mass-marketed to the point of complete over-kill...
Their music still lives on in the heart of many rock-blues fans all over the world.
I would bet anyone dimes to dollars that few girlie pop divas will ever have such a profound, long-lasting impact on the history of music.
Old 20th June 2006
Gear Addict

wow
i just read the first page of this thread then skipped to the last page...pg 1 ashlee s...page 7 The Zep....thats a funny change. Would probably make total sense if i wasn't too lazy to read the whole dialogue. I wonder if i could like, do a schenkerian analysis of this thread...if i could do analysis...that would be far out...*wanders off talking to self*
Old 22nd June 2006
Lives for gear

LOL!

I hear ya'!

I never thought selling the most records or units possible could be remotely considered a "hidden agenda."

Old 22nd June 2006
Gear Head

Wink

Well, FWIW, I'm sure Ashlee could pull off an a cappella cover of "Friends" that would sell millions...It would just take help from some talented sluts. Oh, and maybe some soul?

I do like the new nose. She shouldn't stop there.
Old 22nd June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDJwayne
I am sorry you feel that way,

I may not have time to respond to your flames in the future Dave, but in parting: Quoting me was a smart idea on your part. It lent a little bit of imagination to your otherwise tedious, uninventive post.
Aw shucks, J DJ W, That wasn't a flame. I said 'I liked your posts..." And I completely agree with you that, compared to your delightful posts about being "Presented" with Hybrid Toddlers, my posts are indeed more tedious and not nearly as inventive. Your posts are a veritable Salvador Dali landscape compared to my more American Gothic efforts. Bravo!

DP
Old 22nd June 2006
500 series nutjob

today has mostly been Cherry Poppin' Daddies heh
Old 24th June 2006
Lives for gear

this thread seems a bit infectious, like a virus that escaped from the 4400 ...
she should change her name to ashlee zeppelin, perhaps that is helpful to appear in later history reviews.
don't believe me anything..
my name is 4401
Old 24th June 2006
Lives for gear

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search