The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Ashlee Simpson and the hidden agenda Dynamics Plugins
Old 22nd May 2006
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by eligit
musicians from modern jazz to hard core classical top orchestral musicans i have met love zeppelin. i mean serious schooled people (composers, players, engineers, etc) ranting and raving about john bonham and the rest of em..
dude - i know plenty of serious musicians who liked zeppelin

WHEN THEY WERE 12

most of them with any education, brains and taste GREW OUT OF IT,

the same way MOST educated folks with brains and taste grow out of sasame street,
in favor of creatively crafted, more sophisticated films and visual media.

the same way MOST educated folks with brains and taste grow out of McDonalds,
in favor of fresh organic produce.

i mean, seriously, zep was a "band" OF INDUSTRY PRODUCERS AND SESSION MUSICIANS -
I DON'T SEE HOW THAT'S ANY DIFFERENT THAN AN ASLEE SIMPSON RECORD??

hey baby, when you walk that way, what's on a trip, can't keep away.

i'll say it again - gimme a f*ckin break.
Old 22nd May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqye

WHEN THEY WERE 12

the same way MOST educated folks with brains and taste grow out of sasame street,

i mean, seriously, zep was a "band" OF INDUSTRY PRODUCERS AND SESSION MUSICIANS -

yes. you are very clever.

and wrong.
Old 22nd May 2006
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by eligit
yes. you are very clever.

and wrong.
glad to see we have a judge and jury on this thread.

since i'm already GUILTY,
just don't make me LISTEN to those zeppelin mutherf&ckerz LIVE,
as part of my SENTENCE.

(why don't we just resort to YEAH?, my mother's better looking than your mother )

i may be "wrong",

but i've GROWN UP- i have ears and a brain.

and that zep tripe sounds to me EXACTLY what it is -

pop sh*t that was marketed at me to make MONEY for atlantic records.

if you have a better business argument, i'd LOVE to hear it.

as of now, i haven't HEAD IT, YET.

so i don't know who's "wrong".

i'm really "clever" quoting some DUMBASS zeppelin lyrics -
i mean, just JUDGE FOR YOURSELF - that sh&t is JUST DUMB.

DUMB LYRICS, successfully marketed at DUMB teenagers to make money.

and MANY of us are GUILTY , as charged, of falling into the trap.
Old 22nd May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
"marketing" is only "NECESSARY" so COMPANIES CAN MAKE MONEY.

THIS INCLUDES LABELS, MANAGEMENT, PUBLISHING, LAW FIRMS, RADIO, ETC.

I'M TERRIBLY SORRY, BUT I DON'T SEE HOW ANY OF THIS HAS ANYTHING WHATSEOVER TO DO WITH

MUSIC.

who said marketing had anything to do with music ?
Old 22nd May 2006
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose Mrochek
who said marketing had anything to do with music ?
atlantic records, for one.

ok, this is getting REALLY dumb now.

(i guess i shouldn't expect anything diffrent on an asslee simpson thread )
Old 22nd May 2006
Lives for gear

so sqye, you do "all my children" and "one life to live" for art?

and if you do it for money, i wouldn't really scorn anyone,
especially industry "legends" that are not JUST about talk,
but about accomplishment, and can now do whatever the fukk they want, because they actually did it

it is so very easy to critique, any asshole can do it

jeeesh......

i knew a joseph briggs once, he had a website in VT.
he was insane, maybe its all in the name
Old 22nd May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
atlantic records, for one.
I thank atlantic records for giving me led zeppelin, like I thank all the major labels for briging the best music I ever heard. I´m yet to find an independent artist who can topple Queen, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd.. or well , the Beatles. Frankly I don´t give a **** if they are making billions, but the major label system is the backbone of the industry. Like it or not.

On a side note, I think it´s ridicoulus for someone like me or you who haven´t accomplished anything important to piss over people who did. Who are you to judge seriously ? post an mp3 up. Show us why we should believe in your wisdom : )
Old 22nd May 2006
Lives for gear

With regards to Led Zepplin, I liked their music why ?? Because it was better than the other crap they were playing at the time. AT THE TIME, it was some pretty cool stuff, and I was really bored with Lawrence Welk, Polka Varieties, Pat Boone, ect.....

It had nothing to do with marketing. I heard the music at a party, liked it, and bought the album within a week. No fancy ads or video's, I just liked the music.
Old 22nd May 2006
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfish11
so sqye, you do "all my children" and "one life to live" for art?

and if you do it for money, i wouldn't really scorn anyone,
especially industry "legends" that are not JUST about talk,
but about accomplishment, and can now do whatever the fukk they want, because they actually did it

it is so very easy to critique, any asshole can do it

jeeesh......

i knew a joseph briggs once, he had a website in VT.
he was insane, maybe its all in the name
i DON'T do that stuff for "art".

i've done most of my commercial work as favors for friends,
and some of it to put BREAD on the table.

which is EXACTLY MY POINT.

(as it happens, this is not my "business" or my "art")

you're right - any asshole can be a critic.

this obviously includes you.

and what's YOUR story?

what are you, fr*gg*n rimsky-korsakov, or john coltrane?
Old 22nd May 2006
Smile

Quote:
I thank atlantic records for giving me led zeppelin, like I thank all the major labels for briging the best music I ever heard. I´m yet to find an independent artist who can topple Queen, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd.. or well , the Beatles. Frankly I don´t give a **** if they are making billions, but the major label system is the backbone of the industry. Like it or not.

On a side note, I think it´s ridicoulus for someone like me or you who haven´t accomplished anything important to piss over people who did. Who are you to judge seriously ? post an mp3 up. Show us why we should believe in your wisdom : )
dude - i'm not hiding behind anything - my stuff is up at my website.

there are a million mp3s streaming - i don't need to "post" am mp3.

JOSE - YOU'RE ARGUMENT IS GOING AROUND IN CIRCLES.

IF YOU THINK "SALES" IS THE SUCCESS BY WHICH TO "MEASURE" GOOD MUSIC,

THEN ASSLEE IS EQUAL TO ZEPPELIN, FLOYD OR U2.

AND, IF everything YOU CONSIDER "IMPORTANT" is 'SELLING RECORDS" than good fr*gg*n luck.

how the F*ck do you know what I've accomplished, or HAVEN'T???

You can judge YOURSELF, and say you haven't accomplished anything "important" - whatever that means,
but don't f*ckin' judge me.

i have my own life to live, and my own estimations of what's "important" and what's not.

my "wisdom" is merely subjective belief and value.

nothing more, nor less.

you can believe what you WANT to believe, and value what you WANT to value.

hey baby, when you shake that thing, gonna make you groove, gonna make you swing.

i'll say it again - gimme a f*ckin' break..

i can judge whomever the f*ck i wanna judge.

those are some DUMBASSS lyrics.

pardon me, while i PISS ON THE TEMPLE OF LED ZEPPELIN..

jeeeezzzzzzz
Old 22nd May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
glad to see we have a judge and jury on this thread.

since i'm already GUILTY,
just don't make me LISTEN to those zeppelin mutherf&ckerz LIVE,
as part of my SENTENCE.

(why don't we just resort to YEAH?, my mother's better looking than your mother )

i may be "wrong",

but i've GROWN UP- i have ears and a brain.

and that zep tripe sounds to me EXACTLY what it is -

pop sh*t that was marketed at me to make MONEY for atlantic records.

if you have a better business argument, i'd LOVE to hear it.

as of now, i haven't HEAD IT, YET.

so i don't know who's "wrong".

i'm really "clever" quoting some DUMBASS zeppelin lyrics -
i mean, just JUDGE FOR YOURSELF - that sh&t is JUST DUMB.

DUMB LYRICS, successfully marketed at DUMB teenagers to make money.

and MANY of us are GUILTY , as charged, of falling into the trap.
does anyone really give a crap about zep LYRICS? i certainly could barely understand any of them. "baby baby bayby...." whatever.

they are totally beside the point.

i defy anyone with an ear to listen to something like "four sticks" or "achilles last stand" or "ten years gone" or "over the hills and far away" or "babe i'm gonna leave you" or "in the light" and say

"yea, almost as good as ashlee simpson".

i still remember showing my dad some zep when i was a teenager. he is a well known music prof at yale...not that this means much except to speak to the whole "when they were 12" issue.

his reaction:

the rhythm/phrasing of the singing was very advanced and complex. he was very impressed with it. he is not much of a rock fan actually.

believe me the marketers at atlantic records had no sway with him. he was too busy coaching bach and shoenberg ensembles and writing books on advanced ear training and 12 tone analysis to pay attention to them.

i was surprised at the time that he agreed with me that this was great music....i just thought it kicked ass. he felt compelled to try to explain to me WHY he thought it was great. i think his analysis was right on.

sure concerts from 77 were pretty harsh...but pretty much most of the shows from before that point were just great stuff...sloppy or no.
Old 22nd May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
i can judge whomever the f*ck i wanna judge.
Ofcourse you can, but when you do it in a forum it´s because you want to be heard and expect a response.

So my response is, show me something that gives you credibility. I have mp3´s at myspace, check them out.at this point in time I feel my music DOES NOT give me the priviledge of judging Led Zeppelin or any other artist to be honest. I like to keep things real, and with perspective.. dude, if I would feel Led Zeppelin sucked right now, with what I have to offer I might aswell quit music.

I don´t understand Jazz for example, I don´t like it to be honest with you .. but you will NEVER hear me say Jazz is a pile of crap. Do you see this or not?
Old 22nd May 2006
Lives for gear

Has anyone seen the latest page and plant DVD?

WOW!

and I am not much of a zep fan.
Old 22nd May 2006
Lives for gear

''what are you, fr*gg*n rimsky-korsakov, or john coltrane"

no I am not, but I also don't fancy myself the end all arbitrator of what is and is not acceptable, I just figured someone who was so adament in thier opinions of other musicians/producers must have quite a discography of their own, it appears I was wrong
Old 22nd May 2006
Gear Guru

Quote:

So in one swoop, you compare Led Zeppelin to Sesame Street and claim that anyone that still likes Zep must have no brains or education.

Wow.
Old 22nd May 2006
500 series nutjob

limit someone's choices and they will still feel as thought they chose their path.
little will they know they were simply led.
Old 23rd May 2006
Here for the gear

Quote:

I'm a little young to judge, but I frankly can't believe anyone liked Led Zeppelin at the time when there was (though somewhat earlier) work from groups like Traffic, The Mothers of Invention, just to name a few. Again, i understand those groups emerged somewhat earlier... but i'm stunned at the few pro Zeppelin posts on this thread.

I would like to say, and this is not a flame and not intended to insult the gentleman i quote above: Popularity and brand name recognition do not validate a band anymore than the proliferation of The Whopper validates its nutritional content.

I like the song "All of My Love". Is it true the bass player mostly wrote and produced it? That's a nice tune, and Plant doesn't ruin it. Stairway to Heaven (without incurring a rash of posts about how overdone/overplayed it is, because i agree completely), is actually a nice tune as well, though Plant does kind of ruin it at the end (What The F, Bob?). I like a few songs Plant did on his own after Zeppelin. Apart from this, i listen to the Zeppelin i hear in the radio or suffer through in various social contexts and wonder what in God's name people are thinking.

I disagree with the fellow who suggested that no independent bands can touch the bands he mentioned. On the other hand, I think it is also dangerous to come to identify with obscurity as some kind of mark of integrity or class. There are many examples, across the strata of artistic mediums in my opinion (not just music), in which a given band, record, film, etc, is popular because it is so well done, and universally appealling. Undeniably good. This does not mean complex. I love pop music. Sometimes a thing is popular because it just works. The artist hit it right. That tends to get popular.

I have mixed feelings about the idea of "toiling in obscurity". I understand there are many artists, journalists and other dedicated people who do; but i don't know that the reason why is simply the bad taste of a public (and society) who are clueless, insipid and stupid. I think that is overly cynical, and i don't agree with it. It's not hard to find examples if this is your perspective, but i don't think it's entirely true. I don't pretend to have the whole answer, but i think part of the reason for the toiling in obscurity syndrome may be that (above) notion of obscurity being synonomous with integrity on the part of the artist. I wonder about the psychology of the individual. This gets into metaphysical notions of how we construct reality, which i understand aren't the topic here (not that i could explain that in full if it was), but suffice it to say: i disagree with the suggestion that there aren't any independent, more obscure bands equal to the "greats" the poster mentioned, especially Led Zeppelin.

But no, wait:

I have a bird that whistles...... and i have a bird... that sinnnnnnnngs.

Now THAT'S some serious music.

Probably another Robert Johnson lyric. Can you hear that performance in your head, though? Did they do it justice? Good God.

Thank you,

Naya Slovick
Old 23rd May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDJwayne
I'm a little young to judge, but I frankly can't believe anyone liked Led Zeppelin at the time when there was (though somewhat earlier) work from groups like Traffic, The Mothers of Invention, just to name a few. Again, i understand those groups emerged somewhat earlier... but i'm stunned at the few pro Zeppelin posts on this thread.

Thank you,

Naya Slovick

BORRRINNNGG! I liked your posts when you were ranting about all that horny alien crap:

"I find Dr. Jacobs series of erotic novels quite strange, and I have a hard time becoming aroused by them. In one sequence, an Adult Hybrid forced a recalcitrant woman to hold his penis for several hours. I disagree with that! I should not have to see that. I should not have to be "Presented" with Hybrid Toddlers. They should not "Present" the Hybrid Toddlers to me. I should be free from experiences in which I am "Presented" with Hybrid Toddlers. I do not think it is right to "Present" members with Hybrid Toddler materials. Please do not "Present" those bug eyed freaks to the members of Gearslutz, or to Gearslutz forums in general."
Old 23rd May 2006
Gear Head

Quote:

WHEN THEY WERE 12

Sorry, but it's actually "hey baby, when you walk that way, WATCH YOUR HONEY DRIP, can't keep away".
Not a fan of junk food, or generalizations..but I do likes my Zepp...and I have a Masters degree.
Going back to my hole now...
Old 23rd May 2006
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Peck
BORRRINNNGG! I liked your posts when you were ranting about all that horny alien crap:

Please don't feed the psychosis . I feel as though someone has taken their meds today. Although I do have to admit I only subscribe to this thread because of the ramblings. I do like green eggs and ham...I do not like them in a boat..Hey has anyone ever grown out of Dr. Seuss? Now that some good 'pop' culture .
Old 23rd May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounds Great
So in one swoop, you compare Led Zeppelin to Sesame Street and claim that anyone that still likes Zep must have no brains or education.

Wow.
Ironic...

I don't watch TV...haven't for years and years...but I loved Sesame Street.

Cooperation...
Multi-Racial...
Sharing...
Collective input...
Truths...
Compassion...
Understanding...

Gee...

Personally the folks who are spending thier lives with Soap Operas, Talk Shows and Sitcoms etc... might consider revisiting Burt, Ernie, Grover and Oscar again!

Looking at my CD rack...

I have Gene Harris and Ray Brown next to AC/DC, Zappa , Air Supply, King Crismon , Elvis, John MacLaughlin, Fleetwood Mac, Joan Armatrading and Alic in Chains.... And I sure do love me some Houses of the Holy or Merle Haggard on those certain days.
Man the list goes on forever...!!

Kate Bush and Night Ranger today!!

'Don't tell me you love me"...!!
Now THAT was wicked guitar solo!!

Some folks just feel better when things are neat and tidy and orderly and understandable and easy to catagorize... maybe it just helps them cope with life...?

Much Respect,
Old 23rd May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
I disagree with the fellow who suggested that no independent bands can touch the bands he mentioned.
that was me. post an mp3 of a independent band that kicks zeps, floyds or beatles butt and we will vote. If you do, I will be the first to recognize it and buy you a gearslut t shirt : )
Old 23rd May 2006
Gear Guru

Quote:

I like the song "All of My Love".

So you like the Led when they pop out? (Yeah, it's a good Zep easy listener. heh )

Personally, my favorite is Kashmir. But,

Some people say I'm obnoxious and lazy
I'm uneducated--my opinion means nothin'

But I know I'm a real good dancer!
Old 23rd May 2006
Gear Addict

Quote:

I believe the lyric is "watch your honey drip, can't keep away."

FWIW I still love listening to Bonham. Saw them live in '77 so I'm well over 12.
Old 23rd May 2006
Lives for gear

Zep kicks some major ass it´s not even funny. It´s not for everyone but man, they rule. Don´t forget the thousands of bands they influenced.
Old 23rd May 2006
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney Gene
Ironic...

I don't watch TV...haven't for years and years...but I loved Sesame Street.

Cooperation...
Multi-Racial...
Sharing...
Collective input...
Truths...
Compassion...
Understanding...

Gee...

Personally the folks who are spending thier lives with Soap Operas, Talk Shows and Sitcoms etc... might consider revisiting Burt, Ernie, Grover and Oscar again!

Looking at my CD rack...

I have Gene Harris and Ray Brown next to AC/DC, Zappa , Air Supply, King Crismon , Elvis, John MacLaughlin, Fleetwood Mac, Joan Armatrading and Alic in Chains.... And I sure do love me some Houses of the Holy or Merle Haggard on those certain days.
Man the list goes on forever...!!

Kate Bush and Night Ranger today!!

'Don't tell me you love me"...!!
Now THAT was wicked guitar solo!!

Some folks just feel better when things are neat and tidy and orderly and understandable and easy to catagorize... maybe it just helps them cope with life...?

Much Respect,
Yes, Sesame Street rocks! It spawned some classic songs as well, such as "Lower Case 'N'", "Family", "'C' Is For Cookie", "Healthy Food" and many more. Definitely one of the better shows ever created. I could have done without the addition of Elmo though. I don't appreciate being "Presented" with Elmo. Maybe he's a 'hybrid toddler'... heh
Old 24th May 2006
Smile

guys, guys, guys -

you're all missing my point.

you're not listening to me.

music is part gut and part intellect for me.

the gut and intellect parts can each be satisfied by any NUMBER of qualities, including:
brilliant composition (wagner), heartfelt performances (plant), clever production (imogene heap),
innovative lyric writing (heap, again), technical prowess (chick corea), pure organic rhythm (prince, mj)
groovy arrangements (quincy), huge ambience (floyd), fun with filters (orbitt) and the list goes on and on.

if one or the other of those parts (or both) is not being satisfied or stimulated,
i'm turning the music off, period.
i don't care HOW much john sher, or the like, promotes the sh&t at me and my friends.

you guys are ALL THE SAME WAY.

i could give a f&ck about zeppelin.

they were great at what they did, most of the time, ON RECORD.
(iow, when plant could hit his notes, they weren't HORRIBLY out of tune,
sloppy, and singing their stupider lyrics).

again, imo, most of the live zep stuff that i heard - sucked,
with a few exceptions: some of royal albert hall, etc.

even though i liked them when i was twelve, i still had a BIG problem with how sloppy they were live,
and i was ALWAYS disappointed by their performances.

i thought, CAN THIS POSSIBLY BE THE SAME GROUP?

which brings us back to the asslee live performance bashing

i'm just saying, musically and sonically, and CERTAINLY live-performance-wise,
there's not a lot of difference between zep and asslee.

for pop musicians, these guys all spend a gagillion hours in the studio in order to
make their dumb songs sound great for 12 year olds, and then they go out and suck
live, for the most part.

you can argue until the cows come home.

i'm not saying zep is the lamest band in the world of pop rock radio music.
(if you wanna say they're NOT heavily marketed pop rock radio music,
you're just living in a VERY weird world).

i'm just saying, musically, i heard it, and loved it when i was twelve,
and i don't need to keep hearing it.

baby, baby - over 'boom boom bap' and some bar chords - GREAT.
REALLY INNOVATIVE - THESE GUYS MUST BE LITERARY AND ARTISTIC GENIUSES -
GIMME A BREAK.

this is bubble gum, and everyone knows it - and THAT'S why people BUY it.

it tastes GREAT when you're twelve.

personally, i don't CHEW BUBBLE GUM, any more.

i gave it up, because it's mostly SICKLY SWEET, aside of the fact that it's REALLY BAD for you.

AND YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT!!

i don't do AMERICAN FOOTBALL, anymore
(another activity i indulged in 3 or 4 times when i was in elementary school).

i also don't really do rock anymore - because i'm pretty bored by most of it.
i'm bored of bar chords in blatent I-IV-V format,

i'm bored of electric guitars for the most part.

and i almost COMPLETELY HATE acoustic drums at this point.
i don't know WHO came up with this rhythm instrument combination, but it's pretty limited,
and WAYYY overdone, unless you're elvin or the like.

i'm bored of the songwriting formats, i'm VERY bored of the lyrics, etc.

i'm bored because i have studied music and songwriting for years and years,
and i just wanna hear something different.

i'm sorry but 4 stux just does just not cut it.
(a rock band writes ONE SONG in 5 - FOR THE ENTIRE SONG AT THE SAME TEMPO
WITH REALLY DUMB LYRICS AND THEY'RE EVERY PSEUDO MUSICIAN'S F*CKING HERO -
I'M SORRY BUT THIS IS JUST DUMB).

(ok, so maybe they switch back to 4/4 because page is to uncoordinated to
effectively solo in 5, or WHATEVER).

check out pat metheny's 45/8, if you want odd meter sh&t.

why don't you bozos put on ONE FR*CKIN MOVEMENT OF WAGNER,
to get a CLUE about what i'm talking about.

I'M TALKING ABOUT MUSIC

(yeah, WHAT a concept).

and, in THIS context, zep and asslee are neck and neck,
and FAR behind in the music race, as far as i'm concerned.

as far as sesame street goes, my friend joe raposo's dad, joe sr.,
composed quite a bit of that music, including 'it's not easy being green".

some of that music is wonderful, and fwiw, i'd rather listen to that now,
than i would zeppelin.

when i was twelve, i thought zep was the bees knees.
just like i did sanford and son, when i was ten. it was fun, yada, yada, yada.

if i have a choice, which i do, i'd rather watch sanford and son now,
than listen to zep.

and, SPEAKING of sanford and son, I'D RATHER LISTEN TO QUINCY JONES ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.

WHY? because quincy is that blend of gut and intellect that i love so much.
(aside of the fact that he GROOOOVEES HIS BUTT OFF.)

the most spun band on rock radio has taken it's toll on
my tired ears - i'm just tired of their music,
and i'd rather hear something a bit more sophisticated,
at this point in my life.

that's all.

totally subjective.

music is part gut and part intellect for me

i bought the marketing when i was twelve.

now i'm older, and i'm not buying THAT particular marketing any longer,
aside of the fact that i'm sick of the stuff,
and i'm not mad at my mom any more heh

imo, there are a few "creative" rock bands out there now, but very few,
and harmonically, usually, they leave me with much to be desired.

as the infamous george martin said, pop music yields more cutting edge sonics,
but that was when folks like HIM were doing the actual arranging/ scoring, etc.

i find there is still some adventure in pop music. a lot of it has been done already.

it's always a breath of fresh air for me when i hear an artist like imogene heap.

because this approach employs more innovative approaches -
sonically, harmonically and lyrically. i'm not saying all her songs are great,
but at least she's TRYING some different stuff.

and YES, you're RIGHT, any IDIOT can be a critic, opinions are like a$$holes.

so this is MY CRITIQUE. you can like it, or lump it.

i'm not saying i'm better than zeppelin. or that i'm as talented as wagner or trane,
by any stretch - i'm just saying i'd rather LISTEN to them than zep or asslee.

however, I AM fr*kk*n BORED of zeppelin, and i'm tired of listening to
this tripe that i listened to when i was twelve, because it was being marketed at me.

zeppelin simply does not satisfy most of my musical or intellectual impulses, at this point.

who knows - maybe it'd be different if i hadn't heard it twenty gagillion times.

but, at this point, i doubt it.

and whatever the lyircs are, they're just not turning me on they way they were when i was twelve -
and had NO IDEA what they were saying.

much respect.

luv to all you lads, zep lovers and otherwise.

oh, and jose - YOU NEED TO GO DROP SOME X AND GO WORK AT A SERIOUS LABEL IN A&R FOR WHILE - SAY, 5 YEARS,
and then come back here and see if you're still posting the same ideological rhetoric.
Old 24th May 2006
Gear Addict

Quote:
why don't you bozos put on ONE FR*CKIN MOVEMENT OF WAGNER,
to get a CLUE about what i'm talking about.

I'M TALKING ABOUT MUSIC

(yeah, WHAT a concept).
I would much rather listen to the Sarabande movement from the Bach Cello suites in G major than Black Dog. But that does not mean my musical tastes are limited. I would rather listen to Black Dog than Ride The Valkyrie. (speaking of over played music)
There are musical elements in Zep that are unique and complex in their own way and have stood the test of time.
But I could care less if you listened to Zep or the Bay City Rollers when you were 12.
Old 24th May 2006
Lives for gear

ASHlee isn't pretending to be Wagner, she's just doing her thing, just as Wagner did his thing.

If you don't like it, ya so ?? Move on, listen to some Tull or something.

Thick As a Brick is pretty cool, and after all these years I still don't have a clue to what the lyrics are about. But I like the way it sounds, it's entertainment, ya know, not rocket science. It doesn't have to be intellectually satisfying, just has to have a nice groove, beat, sound, something to listen to, to keep the silence away.

You see, I have my own mind, my own thoughts, I don't need some stoned out musician/songwriter who thinks he's smarter than me, telling me who I should vote for, what charities to give money to, which war I should or should not fight. So instrumental music works well for me.

So just shut up and play !!!!!
Old 24th May 2006
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMacki

I would rather listen to Black Dog than Ride The Valkyrie.

But that does not mean my musical tastes are limited.

you just limited them in your own statement

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search