The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Dave Grohl
Old 25th February 2012
Gear maniac

Dave Grohl

This is a little late, but

just because you made your record in your ****ing garage, doesn't mean it has more integrity. Furthermore, you're in the ****ing Foo Fighters, your songs are power chord, power chord, power chord, slightly interesting lyrics, power chord, power chord. You're a marginally important musician in a marginally important band; stop parading around like the savior of Rock n' Roll who records in his garage and therefore has more artistic integrity, and then performs with David Guetta and deadmau5, right after bitching about computers' role in music and the human element being taken out of it.

By the way, I understand what he was trying to say. He really didn't communicate it very well.

By the way again, bringing thousands upon thousands of dollars or recording equiptment into your garage still constitutes high-end.
Old 25th February 2012
Lives for gear

Old 25th February 2012
Gear maniac

wow that's like 6 threads down. How did I not see that lol
Old 25th February 2012
Lives for gear

Good lord. Another one?
Old 25th February 2012
Lives for gear

Please , please , please can we swap you Dave Grohl for Adele ?

...aannnnddd , on that note (Adele) , who knew a vacuum could have so much mass !!???
Old 25th February 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yago View Post
Please , please , please can we swap you Dave Grohl for Adele ?

...aannnnddd , on that note (Adele) , who knew a vacuum could have so much mass !!???
Hey. She's an 8 from the nose up.
Old 26th February 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossatmusic View Post
What stone ?
I hear tell the inspiration for "Rollin' in the Deep" was when she tried to fish a peanut M&M from her navel :P

OK,OK , I kid about the fat jokes , I couldn't give a cr@p if someone looks like Jabba , buuuttt , the vacuum is true .
Have a read of the lyrics to the album 21 .... like an 8 year olds first attempt at poetry .

Soo someone Email Dave and see if he will swap places .
Old 26th February 2012
Gear maniac

I enjoy her music. Much better singer than Dave Grohl.
Old 26th February 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitymusic View Post
At least Dave Grohl is a real person and doesn't pretend to be otherwise. If I wanted to see a human circus I'd go see cirqu du soleil because they know how to do it right. If I wanted to watch lip-syncing I'd watch a music video. When I want to see a person perform music I have respect for Dave Grohl whether I like his music or not.
Although I've never seen them live, several of my friends and relatives have, and they all marvel at how genuine the FF's are live. Apparently, DG is a real dynamo, and from start to finish their live shows exhibit integrity, commitment and professionalism along with the providing the memorable sensation of a wild ride which rock bands of the past would regularly take their audiences on.
Old 26th February 2012
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Musicfan View Post
they all marvel at how genuine the FF's are live.
what does genuine mean? they don't play to a tape?

Quote:
Apparently, DG is a real dynamo
dynamo !!!

Quote:
and from start to finish their live shows exhibit integrity, commitment and professionalism along with the providing the memorable sensation of a wild ride which rock bands of the past would regularly take their audiences on.
you make it sound so inviting like it was an AC/DC show
Old 26th February 2012
Quote:
This is a little late, but

just because you made your record in your ****ing garage, doesn't mean it has more integrity. Furthermore, you're in the ****ing Foo Fighters, your songs are power chord, power chord, power chord, slightly interesting lyrics, power chord, power chord. You're a marginally important musician in a marginally important band; stop parading around like the savior of Rock n' Roll who records in his garage and therefore has more artistic integrity, and then performs with David Guetta and deadmau5, right after bitching about computers' role in music and the human element being taken out of it.

By the way, I understand what he was trying to say. He really didn't communicate it very well.

By the way again, bringing thousands upon thousands of dollars or recording equiptment into your garage still constitutes high-end.
I'm a big dave grohl fan myself, but I tend to agree with a lot of what you are saying. He has really been getting off on himself lately.

Oh and the new ff record doesn't even sound that great. I find the overall mixes quite harsh sounding, at least compared to their other albums.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Gearslutz.com
Old 26th February 2012
Lives for gear
Quote:
I enjoy her music. Much better singer than Dave Grohl.

I think pretty much anyone is a better singer than Dave.
Old 26th February 2012

Hey Robbie, you're always free to catch the flawless vocals of Brian Johnson during the next AC/DC tour (whenever that might be).
Old 26th February 2012
Lives for gear
Quote:
Hey Robbie, you're always free to catch the flawless vocals of Brian Johnson during the next AC/DC tour (whenever that might be).
as bad as he is He's better than Dave. Then again anyone is really, wouldn't you say? If you can yell into a mic you can be Dave Grohl. but Brian Johnson in his day was a good singer, not great but Back in Black is a classic. how many classics do the foofighters have? they have the same as you and me my friend....ZERO
Old 26th February 2012

Currently, I think Dave is a much better singer than Brian. Dave wins !

But there's no doubt that AC/DC has more classic rock anthems than the Foo's. AC/DC wins gold in that respect !
Old 26th February 2012
Lives for gear
Quote:
Currently, I think Dave is a much better singer than Brian. Dave wins !

But there's no doubt that AC/DC has more classic rock anthems than the Foo's. AC/DC wins gold in that respect !
agreed, brian's voice was shot in 1982.
Old 27th February 2012
Lives for gear

Oh great... just what we needed. Another thread for Shaw and Heatman to start bashing in.
Old 28th February 2012
I like the fakeness of recording music. Genuine is just an illusion.
Old 28th February 2012
Lives for gear

There's some sus2 and sus4 chords in there too
Old 28th February 2012
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Pike View Post
Oh great... just what we needed. Another thread for Shaw and Heatman to start bashing in.
not me, I'm exhausted from that other thread.

All the time I wasted there could have recorded 2 records
better than wasting light. I realize that wouldn't
be that all that impressive.

I'd have to clean out my garage though
which would take a while.
Old 1st March 2012
Lives for gear

Dave without Curt is like pepperoni without a pizza. Not much there.
Old 1st March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertshaw View Post
not me, I'm exhausted from that other thread.

All the time I wasted there could have recorded 2 records
better than wasting light. I realize that wouldn't
be that all that impressive.

I'd have to clean out my garage though
which would take a while.
The classic elitist troll here. If EVH, James Jamerson, Neal Peart, and Lou Gramm got together it would be too perfect and you'd complain about it.
Old 1st March 2012
Gear Head

Foo Fatigue over in the States then?

I still got some love left, they were great live last year!

Gotta say tho, Brian better singer than Dave? Really? Ok...

No wonder no one here agrees about gear
Old 1st March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfterViewer View Post
Dave without Curt is like pepperoni without a pizza. Not much there.
Prefer the foos to Nirvana and I think Dave is a great singer.

Everyone's different. Good for us.
Old 1st March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rectifier View Post
Prefer the foos to Nirvana and I think Dave is a great singer.
I totally agree with you. I found Nirvana to be whiny and counter-productive to progressing music and pop-culture and found it was also both destructive and amateurish. But opinions vary and this is only mine!

I think the Foos from day-one were a giant leap forward and think today's work is great riff-rock in the classic rock heritage without sounding dated or derivative. It's not the most inventive or best performed stuff out there but it's really awesome to hear fresh rock n roll!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rectifier View Post
Everyone's different. Good for us.
Completely with you on that one, GZ34!
Old 1st March 2012
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headz51230 View Post
The classic elitist troll here.
not an elitist or a troll...just the facts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headz51230 View Post
If EVH, James Jamerson, Neal Peart, and Lou Gramm got together it would be too perfect and you'd complain about it.
nah Lou is an awesome singer, I love Rush and VH is on of my fav bands.
James Jamerson is a little self indulgent for me though too much sizzle and no steak. Eddie and peart have plenty of steak. For Bass I would go with Mars Cowling
Old 2nd March 2012
Died for gear

Quote:
She's a 14 from the hips down.

Give that one a minute to set in. You will get it.
Old 2nd March 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliath|Audio View Post
She's a 14 from the hips down.

Give that one a minute to set in. You will get it.
Well done
Old 2nd March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
If EVH, James Jamerson, Neal Peart, and Lou Gramm got together it would be too perfect and you'd complain about it.
I'm not sure how good that record would be. I'm a huge Van Halen and Rush fan, but EVN and NP together may be too much. I think Peart would have to hold back a bit...which he's certainly capable of.

Quote:
I found Nirvana to be whiny and counter-productive to progressing music and pop-culture and found it was also both destructive and amateurish. But opinions vary and this is only mine!
That's pretty much my opinion as well.

Quote:
not an elitist or a troll...just the facts
Are they really facts? Or opinions?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search