The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Worst (Popular) Song in Rock & Roll Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 13th December 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkay View Post
Man I haven't thought about "Space Cowboy" since the last time I heard it and was reminded how awful it was and still is....
I call that "The Random Crash Song"

Seriously...listen to it and tell me those crashes aren't completely random. Like, they're there when I don't want them to be, but aren't when I do. There's 13 in the first verse, 2 in the second, 5 in the last. And they're all oddly placed!

Totally random. Drives me crazy. Can't listen to it. And I listen to/make a lot of "random music"
Old 13th December 2007
Lives for gear

I call that Steve Miller tune "The Joker" and dig it. But I laughed when I listened to it just now. I have NEVER noticed those crashes before. Random indeed. Isn't it weird how our minds can focus on different things in a tune? I have always zoomed in on the guitar and vocal.
Old 13th December 2007
Gear Addict

OK, somebody got Muskrat Love, but I can't believe that no one has mentioned ABBA yet. Dancing Queen? Fernando?
Old 13th December 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcCirDude View Post
I have NEVER noticed those crashes before. Random indeed.
Though I've noticed, I've never really counted. Only 3 in the 1st chorus. How do you go from 13 crashes in the first verse to that?

Right... pot...
Old 13th December 2007
Lives for gear

Yeah, they're mixed really "high", too.
Old 13th December 2007
Lives for Jesus

La Bamba ?

Old 13th December 2007
Lives for gear

i can't believe nobody has mentioned 'supernatural' by santana... but by this time, rock was long dead and everybody already knew that radio pop is made by producers and not musicians. so, from a more innocent time in music, my vote goes to Rush, for the song, Tom Sawyer.
Old 13th December 2007
jho
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
"The Final Countdown" by Europe. If you want to see something funny, check out how these guys butcher it. . .ughh its awful.

YouTube - esecuzione di "The Final Countdown" da vedere!!
Oh that's funny!

I put in my vote for Georgia Satellites "Keep your hands to yourself"

Bad, bad bad.
Old 13th December 2007
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiothings View Post
...my vote goes to Rush, for the song, Tom Sawyer.
Get thee behind me, Satan!!

You can have my Rush when you pry it from my cold, dead iPod!

YouTube - Freaks and Geeks - Nick's drum set heh

Last edited by mfnickster; 13th December 2007 at 07:18 PM.. Reason: adding funny link
Old 14th December 2007
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhead View Post
So I'm next door at the studio today, and there it is. The worst song EVER in rock history, on VH1.

Eric Clapton's "Wonderful Tonight".

I hate it, I can't believe anyone ever liked it. It is the cheesiest song of all time and it makes me want to kill.

What song just makes you wonder why in the hell anybody liked it? It comes on the radio and you're ready to jump out a window...while a ton of people seem to love it?

War
I was thinking "Afternoon Delight" but read this and thought, "Oh yeah. THAT'S the worst ever". "Lady in Red" is pretty ****ing awful too.
Old 28th October 2008
Gear Nut

While I already listed "Afternoon Delight" I just wanted to add a personal loathing for "Brown Eyed Girl." I hate the guitar line and I can't stand Van Morrison's vocal and, on top of all that, having to play it at pretty much any club date I ever played on made me want to screamstike. And "Wonderful tonight" came in a close second in that regard BTW

Dan Carter
Old 28th October 2008
Lives for gear

Nahhhhhh........

If you lived in the south or midwest during he late '70s or early '80s you had your brains softened by this rockin' P.O.S.

Save my life I'm going down for the last time....

...but when the guy does that ever-so-heartfelt, high-pitched, vibratto laden "yeeeeeaaaaahhhhhhhhh" don't you just get rock and roll shivers down your spine?

I don't.
Old 28th October 2008
Lives for gear

Hold on....

"Never Been a Reason" practically rocks as hard as Motorhead's "Ace of Spades" when you consider this gem...

Domo Arigato Mister Roboto
Old 28th October 2008
Gear Head

I skipped from Page 5 to the end, so this may be a repeat. I just couldn't believe NO ONE had mentioned...

Pearl Jam -- Last Kiss

..that one makes "We Built This City" sound like a freakin' symphony. (Have you ever heard Opie & Anthony do their Pearl Jam impression? Spot on.)

I'll throw in:

The Sweet -- Ballroom Blitz

...for good measure. I was amazed to read on Wikipedia they are still together. Proof positive that Satan lives.
Old 28th October 2008
Gear Nut

come on...what about "dead or alive".

"ive seen a million faces,
and i've rocked 'em all"

right, rocked em all. stunning truly stunning.
Old 28th October 2008
Gear Nut

tom cock ran. "life is a highway" Rascall Flatts actually covered that song. hilarious that anybody would want to hear that turd again. they are gonna ride it all night long

anything Winger.
anything Foreigner
anything Boston
anything Michael Mcdonald
any post Skynard plane crash, pre Drive by Truckers southern rock

anything feaaturing that 80's DX7 piano sound a'la wind beneath my wings
Old 28th October 2008
Lives for gear

If someone hasn't done it yet, I'd like to toss the Macarena in barrel....

Along with Whoomp there it is by Wrex n effect or whatever they were...and Mc Hammer..

Now, can we set it on fire yet?

Todd
Old 28th October 2008
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaddai View Post
If someone hasn't done it yet, I'd like to toss the Macarena in barrel....

Along with Whoomp there it is by Wrex n effect or whatever they were...and Mc Hammer..

Now, can we set it on fire yet?

Todd
macarena... rock n roll?

kiss has always bugged me.
Old 28th October 2008
Gear Maniac

Back to start

Eric Clapton "She's waiting" (from: Behind The Sun, Hugh Padgham)

Subterranean.
Old 28th October 2008
Lives for gear

No..... you're all wrong...

It's Mr. Roboto.

I promise.
It really is.

Play it on Youtube.
Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02ziaeFqpj0
Old 28th October 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhead View Post
So I'm next door at the studio today, and there it is. The worst song EVER in rock history, on VH1.

Eric Clapton's "Wonderful Tonight".

I hate it, I can't believe anyone ever liked it. It is the cheesiest song of all time and it makes me want to kill.

What song just makes you wonder why in the hell anybody liked it? It comes on the radio and you're ready to jump out a window...while a ton of people seem to love it?

War
+1..you hit the nail on the head..I used to hate it when I would be at a bar watching a band and they would be rocking for 3 song's strait and then it would come and drag your ass right down..god I hate that song!!
Old 28th October 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by platypipros View Post
come on...what about "dead or alive".

"ive seen a million faces,
and i've rocked 'em all"

right, rocked em all. stunning truly stunning.
+1 again....

" A loaded 6 string on my back" oooooh...and how many people did it bug when the nex line ended with "back"...no rhyme...not that there has to be..but I noticed it!!!
Old 28th October 2008
Lives for gear

Lenny Kravitz version of American Woman. At least the most butchered song off all time.

Bon Jovi Bad Medicine is also horrible.
Old 28th October 2008
Gear Nut

Anything by Linkin Park. If I have to hear Mike Shinoda one more time I'm going to kill myself.
Old 28th October 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacart View Post
While I already listed "Afternoon Delight" I just wanted to add a personal loathing for "Brown Eyed Girl." I hate the guitar line and I can't stand Van Morrison's vocal and, on top of all that, having to play it at pretty much any club date I ever played on made me want to screamstike. And "Wonderful tonight" came in a close second in that regard BTW

Dan Carter
Holly Sh&t batman...I had play that crappy song for 9 years every thur. fri. and sat. night....The lady's like to shake their ass to it but good god..urrgggh..oh I almost forgot..on every other night we would throw in a rockyer version of Moon Dance...I still kinda like that one...but then again..I dont have to play them anymore either!!!
Old 28th October 2008
Lives for gear

Original Prankster by The Offspring is absolutely horrible... maybe the worst for me. but everything they have done since the fluke with smash has been pretty terrible, except that "Get A Job" song was sort of funny, but it was a Beatles rip off.
Also, no on has mentioned "The Insane Clown Posse". I don't know if they actually had a hit, but they were popular, and I think they were the worst group ever.
Old 28th October 2008
Lives for gear

I would like to add that the guys in ICP are named Violent Jay and Shaggy 2 Dope.

I think those names are actually funnier than "Stab Master Arson" from CB4
Old 29th October 2008
Vum
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeybaggadonuts View Post
tom cock ran. "life is a highway" Rascall Flatts actually covered that song. hilarious that anybody would want to hear that turd again. they are gonna ride it all night long
The video for this song almost ended my music career before it began way back in 6th grade. I said to myself "self, if you ever make music like this on purpose..."
Old 29th October 2008
Gear Addict

when mccartney starts the "naaaa-na-na-nananaaaa" in "Hey Jude" I just want to gouge my eyes out
Old 29th October 2008
Lives for gear

Right Said Fred "I'm Too Sexy" (vomit, vomit, vomit)

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search