The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
guitar pedal phasiness, muddy ness-- HELP!!!?
Old 10th May 2006
Gear Addict

guitar pedal phasiness, muddy ness-- HELP!!!?

i recently switched around my guitar pedal chain. right now it is:

G&L ASAT Classic-->Fulldrive 2-->True Bypass/Buffered modded Hendrix Wah-->HBE UFO Fuzz Octave-->Line 6 DL4-->Phase 100-->Boss Tuner-->Boss TR-2 Tremolo-->DD-5-->RV-5-->Fulltone Boost-->Dr. Z Super Z 3x10 amp

NOTE: I use the Panning out from the DD-5 back into the other input of the Line 6 DL-4 to create a feedback loop live. (a trick Ian Ball from Gomez told me to do, which I stole and love!

now, my tone is muddy and farty. My old chain was pretty similar, but I had an Electrix Filter queen in there as well, and NO Wah pedal, which also created some nutty routing on my board. I used to use my FX loop in my Dr. Z, but noticed going direct into the amp, despite all the pedals, didnt hurt my tone.

Now, with this new chain, the farting is bad. WHY?!? I'd rather not use the loop, as it creates more cables on stage and it drives me nuts. (I also use a Motif, Dr. Sample, and Mikro Korg on stage, so I have enough cables to deal with...)

any ideas to remove the fartiness? p.s. - I plugged guitar directly into amp, and its NOT the amp.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search