The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
The Ultimate Moan : Don't Moan About Musical Futurism
Old 9th February 2012 | Show parent
  #61
Gear Guru
 
u b k's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 6ccb844 ➡️
Call a potato a tree, but saying that "You don't have much love for" equates a more diplomatic way of saying you think it is sub par to other things...

In fact, the one does not equate with the other. You can certainly equate them in your mind, you can project that language into the conversation as you have and you can filter the rest of my words through that distortion, but the thought is coming from you alone and it is preventing us from communicating because you are not hearing me clearly, you're dismissing my truth and insisting that I'm saying something that I very plainly am not.

I don't like lobster, in fact I actively dislike it as a food. In no way do I think it is sub par to the foods I love, nor do I think there's anything wrong with it or that the people making lobster aren't doing something right... I don't even know what those things mean. I just don't like the taste of lobster or the feel of it in my mouth. That ain't about the lobster, that's about me.

It really is that simple, even if you don't believe it. Maybe one day, when you're old and grumpy like me, you'll see it.


Gregory Scott - ubk
Old 9th February 2012 | Show parent
  #62
Deleted 6ccb844
Guest
Quote:
Originally Posted by u b k ➡️
In fact, the one does not equate with the other. You can certainly equate them in your mind, you can project that language into the conversation as you have and you can filter the rest of my words through that distortion, but the thought is coming from you alone and it is preventing us from communicating because you are not hearing me clearly, you're dismissing my truth and insisting that I'm saying something that I very plainly am not.

I don't like lobster, in fact I actively dislike it as a food. In no way do I think it is sub par to the foods I love, nor do I think there's anything wrong with it or that the people making lobster aren't doing something right... I don't even know what those things mean. I just don't like the taste of lobster or the feel of it in my mouth. That ain't about the lobster, that's about me.

It really is that simple, even if you don't believe it. Maybe one day, when you're old and grumpy like me, you'll see it.


Gregory Scott - ubk
You seem to be just focusing on one point of the post, all of it ties in together.. It doesn't appear you understand what I'm getting at.
Old 11th February 2012 | Show parent
  #63
teo
Lives for gear
 
teo's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by u b k ➡️
I don't like lobster, in fact I actively dislike it as a food.
I was with you all the way up to this. Really.
But with that, sir, I just HAVE to disagree!

Lobster! Jesus...can't believe what these grumpy old men can come up with...
Old 11th February 2012 | Show parent
  #64
Lives for gear
 
T'Mershi Duween's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingbag ➡️
Also Nicki Minaj is better than "Selling England By the Pound".



You is crazy.


Old 15th February 2012 | Show parent
  #65
Lives for gear
 
lakeshorephatty's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP11 ➡️
To me, the computer as creative tool seems (and sounds) like an old frontier...but maybe you're right...
I think it has probably in the past been hard for those in the professional realm to really push the boundaries of the computer as a tool. There was a certain type of creative thinking prevalent for a long time due to previous limitations on technology. This is gradually changing and I am hearing more open and creative work these days where the fact that anything can happen at any moment in the material is being exploited tastefully in the professional realm.

Russell
Old 16th February 2012 | Show parent
  #66
Lives for gear
 
famousbass's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Roddey ➡️
Back in the 70s, when someone posted a mea culpa, they always used a lot more sarcasm and blamed it on other people, not like today where people get all sincere and just cave in and admit that they might be wrong or something. Oy vey, the world is collapsing.
Back in the old days people complained a lot better.
Back in the old days the musical future was more unpredictable.
Old 16th February 2012 | Show parent
  #67
Gear Guru
 
Sqye's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 15 years
.

I only like music titles that begin with M.

All other music is garbage, AFAIC.

You guys are so frikkin' serious. Yikes.

It's not like you're going to be graded, interrogated, banished, crucified, etc.

Just like whatever you like. Who cares.

And remember,

"Just because millions of people tell you you're wrong, does not make you wrong.
The number of people who thought Hitler was right did not make him right."
-Zappa


.
Old 17th February 2012 | Show parent
  #68
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeshorephatty ➡️
I think it has probably in the past been hard for those in the professional realm to really push the boundaries of the computer as a tool. There was a certain type of creative thinking prevalent for a long time due to previous limitations on technology. This is gradually changing and I am hearing more open and creative work these days where the fact that anything can happen at any moment in the material is being exploited tastefully in the professional realm.
Like what?
Old 17th February 2012 | Show parent
  #69
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqye ➡️
.

I only like music titles that begin with M.

All other music is garbage, AFAIC.

You guys are so frikkin' serious. Yikes.

It's not like you're going to be graded, interrogated, banished, crucified, etc.

Just like whatever you like. Who cares.

And remember,

"Just because millions of people tell you you're wrong, does not make you wrong.
The number of people who thought Hitler was right did not make him right."
-Zappa


.
I like what I like...

I also like to bitch and moan here in the moan zone...

so quit your grading and your crucifying!
Old 17th February 2012 | Show parent
  #70
Gear Guru
 
u b k's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqye ➡️
[I]"Just because millions of people tell you you're wrong, does not make you wrong.
The number of people who thought Hitler was right did not make him right."
-Zappa

Quoting Zappa talking about Hitler creates a judgment call scenario, but I'm gonna say that Godwin's Law has been fulfilled and this discussion has now officially reached the zenith of badness.

Sqye, according to a well-accepted corollary of the Law, you automatically lose the debate. It's nothing personal, it's just... the Law.

Moderators... SHUT 'ER DOWN!


Gregory Scott - ubk
Closed

Forum Jump
Forum Jump