The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
From Moan Zone to Good News Channel
Old 7th May 2006
From Moan Zone to Good News Channel

While mixing one of the most horrendously engineered projects (sudden phasing in the middle of a vocal verse, chopped off words, clutter, close mic'd stuff that abruptly becomes distant and the sound of the room is utter crap {theoretically cool but not on this record buddy}, searching for nowhere to be found files...you know, everyday kinda stuff), I burst out into a yelling tantrum of "Piece of ****, piece of ****, piece of ****, piece of ****, piece of ****, piece of ****, piece of ****, piece of ****, piece of ****, piece of ****, piece of ****, piece of ****!!!!!" whick led into some haunting pirate-like humming whick led to the opening of a new blank protools session and triggered one of the quickest and most efficient time-to-productivity ratio songwriting I've done in a while. This clocked in at way under an hour.

http://camarilloblues.org/current/01...0PROGRESS).mp3

AS long as I don't become dependent on horrible mixing assignments for inspiration as I once did with weed.......
Old 7th May 2006
Lives for gear

Nice. Are you from Camarillo? That's where I live.
Old 7th May 2006
Is that like, a Camerillo kind of thing to do?

Work, flip out - hum, then make art?
Old 7th May 2006
Lives for gear

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA dude! hahahahahahahaha
is this a dedication to the work you where doing? HAHAHAHAHAHA
'your sucha piece of ****!!!' hahahahahahahahahaha

your just a piece of ****!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mount Cyanide
While mixing one of the most horrendously engineered projects (sudden phasing in the middle of a vocal verse, chopped off words, clutter, close mic'd stuff that abruptly becomes distant and the sound of the room is utter crap {theoretically cool but not on this record buddy}, searching for nowhere to be found files...you know, everyday kinda stuff), I burst out into a yelling tantrum of "Piece of ****, piece of ****, piece of ****, piece of ****, piece of ****, piece of ****, piece of ****, piece of ****, piece of ****, piece of ****, piece of ****, piece of ****!!!!!" whick led into some haunting pirate-like humming whick led to the opening of a new blank protools session and triggered one of the quickest and most efficient time-to-productivity ratio songwriting I've done in a while. This clocked in at way under an hour.

AS long as I don't become dependent on horrible mixing assignments for inspiration as I once did with weed.......
Old 7th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mount Cyanide

This ****e Rocks!! Cheers my friend!!! stike
Old 7th May 2006
Thanks for the replies.
I'm sure you all know the agony of this.

DontLetMeDrown-- I'm not from Camarillo but it was the midpoint for my constant commute from Santa Barbara to L.A. Plus, is it not the perfect place for obsession? They've turned the hospital into a school. How bugged out is that?

Jules-- Hell yes! Just like Charlie Parker.

xmostynx-- YOU PIECE OF ****!!!!!!!!!!

And thanks Joaquin!!!!

Gearslutz-- turning negatives into positives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 8th May 2006
Lives for gear

You should give this piece of crap a listen:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/music/wma-p...764876-2846528
Old 19th May 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mount Cyanide View Post
close mic'd stuff that abruptly becomes distant and the sound of the room is utter crap {theoretically cool but not on this record buddy}
I think we've all been there as a course of routine due to the fact that only a small percentage of the people having their stuff recorded and mixed have no right to do so:-)

I'm extremely curious as to how the above-quoted happened though. Was the engineer moving the mics during a take?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search