The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
People that sell gear and use "best I ever heard" type somments Condenser Microphones
Old 16th September 2011
Lives for gear

People that sell gear and use "best I ever heard" type somments

I see people selling gear and advertise it as "best compressor I've ever heard" or "best guitar amp I've ever played." Well if it truly is the best why would you be selling? When I buy somehting that I truly feel is "the best" I hang onto it, and often sell off the stuff I don't like to get more of the so-called "best."

Ok maybe this wasn't really a moan, sellers just amuse me sometimes.
Old 16th September 2011
This mic is so good that I'm shamed by it and must sell it. It's too good for me, and I can no longer justify holding it back with my less than stellar vocal performances.
Old 17th September 2011
Lives for gear

Maybe (probably) the only compressor they have ever heard.

Quote:
This mic is so good that I'm shamed by it and must sell it. It's too good for me, and I can no longer justify hodling it with my less than stellar vocal performances.
I couldn't possibly accept this from you for so little money! I would never be able to live with myself, any time a less than perfect sound found its way to your stellar microphone. I must insist on giving you at least twice what you are asking.

-synthoid
Old 17th September 2011
Lives for gear

I agree on this as well !...Saying "it's the best I've ever heard" and them selling it, does not make me wanna buy it !
Old 17th September 2011
Emergency circumstances? Medical/legal/car repair/debt collectors, etc? I'm sure there are lots of very real reasons why people would have to sell something they wouldn't otherwise under different life conditions.
Old 17th September 2011
Deleted 6ccb844
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecat View Post
Emergency circumstances? Medical/legal/car repair/debt collectors, etc? I'm sure there are lots of very real reasons why people would have to sell something they wouldn't otherwise under different life conditions.

Tell it like a Prism Convertor whitecat, I had to sell my pendulum because I lost my JOB :( But I got a new one and bought another
Old 17th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecat View Post
There are legit circumstances for sure, sometimes people just leave the biz entirely. But if you just need quick cash it makes more sense to sell the stuff you like less first, not the other way around. The strangest/most amusing is when people sell the "best" to raise cash to buy a different piece of gear.
Old 17th September 2011
Deleted 6ccb844
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyc View Post
There are legit circumstances for sure, sometimes people just leave the biz entirely. But if you just need quick cash it makes more sense to sell the stuff you like less first, not the other way around. The strangest/most amusing is when people sell the "best" to raise cash to buy a different piece of gear.
It's just a bit of a common sense scenario, if someone tells me that a USB Mic for £20.00 is the best thing since sliced bread... Then I tend to see they are spouting bull..

I will do research before I purchase any piece of equipment, second hand or not.
Old 18th September 2011
Gear Addict

My Neumann USM 69 came to me via a gent who said he had to pay extra taxes, otherwise he would never have considered selling.

He also told me that should I ever wish to sell the mic again, to contact him first as he would give me what I paid him then.

One can be cynical, but at the same time, there are such stories...
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search