The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Logic Pro 9 "Audio Lesson" Question
Old 16th September 2011
Here for the gear

Logic Pro 9 "Audio Lesson" Question

Let me start by saying- I am NOT an ANIMAL!

OK: Am I the only guy that messes with the lessons manual after a year or more of empirical learning and whilst checking just to see if their is a better faster approach to my insanity, I listen to these "pro's" ( I use the term very loosely)that make these example songs in the Logic Pro 9 lessons and I have to wonder: When they have an audio guitar lick on a track in their example song, either strumming or single line melody, are we hearing a "real" guitar that was recorded via audio input, or did they actually create that sound with the LP software instruments?

I know it sounds nuts to ask- but, judging by their extremely lofty attitudes I always encounter in their Logic forum website, I get the impression that all of this can be achieved through their software.

I'll take advise from anyone on Gearslutz over Apple's website- anytime!

"And don't tell me I can't. I probably already have..." some guy
Old 18th September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyter View Post
When they have an audio guitar lick on a track in their example song, either strumming or single line melody, are we hearing a "real" guitar that was recorded via audio input, or did they actually create that sound with the LP software instruments?
In all likelihood, it's a real guitar. Guitars are still WICKEDLY hard to synthesize without a million multi-samples, strum arpeggiators, and virtual FX chains.
Old 19th September 2011
Here for the gear

Thanks Tantrum

You have reinforced my upheld suspicions... from the get-go I always presumed that that was the case. Like when you walk into a music store and they say, "Buy this 'mic' and you'll sound just like Elvis Presley"... you get me.

Sales ploys. Mac wants people to think they will create riffs sounding like Eddie Van Halen in your parlour on their gear.

My only grey area was the Mac forum responses. I actually believe these kids think Logic Pro is the end all. I still use Tascam samplers and Planett Phatt along with other midi gear through Logic. It spices up the action.

And, any man that loves coffee and James Brown-(The G.F.O.S.) as much as me has gotta be right.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search