The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
So I got rejected today... Dynamic Microphones
Old 15th September 2011
Gear Nut

So I got rejected today...

What toy should I buy so I don't feel sad?
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

Razor blades?
Old 15th September 2011
More cowbell!

If you got rejected by a girl, get a new guitar. If by a band, get a new mic. If you got rejected by a record label or publisher, tough sh*t, get back to work.

Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythminmind View Post
Razor blades?
Thats pretty harsh.
I wonder how that would help?
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

How "rejected" did you get, exactly? $500 worth of rejection, or $50,000 worth of rejection?
Old 15th September 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythminmind View Post
Razor blades?
Lol I'm sad but not depressed.
Old 15th September 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by natpub View Post
If you got rejected by a girl, get a new guitar. If by a band, get a new mic. If you got rejected by a record label or publisher, tough sh*t, get back to work.

It was by a girl, she's like 10 and I'm like a 3, I think a guitar would help
Old 15th September 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaneldon View Post
How "rejected" did you get, exactly? $500 worth of rejection, or $50,000 worth of rejection?
Like $500 to $800
Old 15th September 2011
Gear Head

how about a cup of harden the f#&$ up!!,
Old 15th September 2011
Gear Head

and after that,
buy your self a AEA 44, arguably more attractive then any women.
Old 15th September 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Stinky View Post
how about a cup of harden the f#&$ up!!,
+1 yeah
Old 15th September 2011
Gear Head

As they say here, "man the f**k up"!

Besides, you're obviously not serious about a career in recording if you think you can successfully pull off the whole girlfriend thing :-)
Old 15th September 2011
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by netomtz88 View Post
Lift your head now, she could never be the slutz we are and do the slutty things we do.
Old 15th September 2011
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdee View Post
Thats pretty harsh.
I wonder how that would help?

Well, for one thing, if you're into old school tape editing...

Old 15th September 2011
Gear Guru

Quote:
She's 10??? and you're 3? tutt

It would never work, dating a girl more than twice your age. Wait til she's 32 and you are 25.
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeq View Post
She's 10??? and you're 3? tutt

It would never work, dating a girl more than twice your age. Wait til she's 32 and you are 25.
HA!
Old 16th September 2011
Lives for gear

I got rejected by a girl once....no, wait, twice. No, wait......

Anyway, first two times I bought acoustic guitars.......which, of course, led to the last time.

After that I bought a fast car.
Old 16th September 2011
Deleted User
Omg man. You got rejected by "a" girl and you're now sad? Btw, doesn't matter if she's a ten and you're a -10, women aren't "gay dudes". Women vibe off of confidence man -- however you project it. Ugly, fat, stupid, gorgeous: if you got the confidence and mojo you'll get the girl.

Here's the math: babes get hit on 200 x per day. As a dude, you should be hitting on 200 babes per day. A girl might give her number to one dude per day. The more rejection you can "ball up" to, the more digits you'll get. Then take it easy with them.

Late night partying escapades are entirely different. Then it's all about go go go!
Old 16th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Is that like "10" and "3" Bo and Dudley ? or a representative age difference ?

If its the former then like the song said " Get an ugly girl to marry you" and buy yourself a new mic.

If its the latter wait until she is 41 and you are 34, she might be jumpin' your bones and buying you the mic
Old 16th September 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by trashman View Post
Omg man. You got rejected by "a" girl and you're now sad? Btw, doesn't matter if she's a ten and you're a -10, women aren't "gay dudes". Women vibe off of confidence man -- however you project it. Ugly, fat, stupid, gorgeous: if you got the confidence and mojo you'll get the girl.

Here's the math: babes get hit on 200 x per day. As a dude, you should be hitting on 200 babes per day. A girl might give her number to one dude per day. The more rejection you can "ball up" to, the more digits you'll get. Then take it easy with them.

Late night partying escapades are entirely different. Then it's all about go go go!
You're right I mean I am not a bad looking guy, I exercise everyday and eat healthy all the time, no soda no pizza no candy, however I did not project enough confidence! That's for sure, i got really nervous, it was such a f$cking blur man this is the first time in like 2 years that I almost forgot the feeling haha oh well.
Old 16th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
I exercise everyday and eat healthy all the time, no soda no pizza no candy
What the heck are you talking about? Pizza's got cheese, tomato sauce and bread! That's like 3 of the food groups right there! It's healthy as all get out. heh

Regards,
Frank
Old 16th September 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
Is that like "10" and "3" Bo and Dudley ? or a representative age difference ?

If its the former then like the song said " Get an ugly girl to marry you" and buy yourself a new mic.

If its the latter wait until she is 41 and you are 34, she might be jumpin' your bones and buying you the mic
10= nice body and cute face
Old 16th September 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionian View Post
What the heck are you talking about? Pizza's got cheese, tomato sauce and bread! That's like 3 of the food groups right there! It's healthy as all get out. heh

Regards,
Frank
Haha my mom makes a really good Argentinian pizza but yeah I have watch those carbs.
Old 16th September 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiwoman View Post
Lift your head now, she could never be the slutz we are and do the slutty things we do.
+10
Old 16th September 2011
Gear Addict

Make pro music -> get famous -> she'll regret rejecting you -> profit.
Old 16th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thats what happens when you take a knife to a gun fight...

My spending advice- buy a really hot hooker to lie to you for a couple hours.
Old 16th September 2011
Lives for gear

I say take those emotions and write a great song. Find Lady Antebellum's publisher and license it to them, cuz right now they're on top of the world. Make sure this girl knows this song was about her, which in turn will give you enough content and story line for yet another song that Rascall Flatts or Keith Urban will sing that will put even more dough in your pockets.

There's always a silver lining in everything my friend. Toughen up a bit and try to focus enough to write a great song from this experience. You'll thank me later.
Old 16th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slikjmuzik View Post
I say take those emotions and write a great song. Find Lady Antebellum's publisher and license it to them, cuz right now they're on top of the world. Make sure this girl knows this song was about her, which in turn will give you enough content and story line for yet another song that Rascall Flatts or Keith Urban will sing that will put even more dough in your pockets.

There's always a silver lining in everything my friend. Toughen up a bit and try to focus enough to write a great song from this experience. You'll thank me later.

+10. my best songs come out of me at the most depressing pinnacles of my lifetime.

and then to nail it home, know that whatever you write, no matter how good it is, will never hit the charts. not because you can't write like the pro's and not because you don't have talent, it's because your song doesn't sell enough pepsi.

roll all that up into the worst tear jerker this world has seen in awhile, and save cash!
Old 16th September 2011
Deleted User
Quote:
You're right I mean I am not a bad looking guy, I exercise everyday and eat healthy all the time, no soda no pizza no candy, however I did not project enough confidence! That's for sure, i got really nervous, it was such a f$cking blur man this is the first time in like 2 years that I almost forgot the feeling haha oh well.
Sounds like you're emerging from a break-up. Sucks.
That projection comes from inside man. Just know your mojo. The same vibe when you've hit just right on a mix ; ) and always know there is tomorrow night and the night after ...
It's all about courage brother. Just be ready to live every day like it's your last, but with a sense of your own legacy.
Old 16th September 2011
Lives for gear

Jesus Christ, can we keep this CRAP out of the high end?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search