The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
B52 Buzz
Old 14th September 2011
Here for the gear

B52 Buzz

I am getting a lot of buzz off my B-52 AT-212 combo tube amp. I realize that its a common issue that has no doubt been answered many times, but because there are many answers and often enough it has to do with gear combinations I figured I would ask it again. At present I am plugging a Gibson LP studio into it. I noticed that as I walked around the room and turned my back to the amp the buzz lessens/increases/changes character. When I turn the guitar down the buzz goes down as well. From my skimming I gathered that although tubes have some noise my symptoms are indicative of the pickups on my guitar. Is that likely the case? and if so what are my options? I bought the guitar pretty specifically to record so it would be a real shame. So far I have tried a cheater plug and a few different guitar cables.

My knowledge of electricity/gear/etc is kind of feast of famine so best to keep it simple just in case.
Old 14th September 2011
Gear Nut

Hi. You're picking up electric/magnetic fields from some or several sources, such as lighting, wiring in the building you're in, CRT monitor etc. I'd get a noise gate. I like the Decimator by ISP Tech.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search