The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Suggestion for a "discussion filter" Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 11th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Suggestion for a "discussion filter"

Let me start by stating that I love Gearslutz. I spend much too much time here. I love to read what fellow slutz think about new gear and how they compare it to existing gear. Occasionally, when I feel I have something useful to contribute to a discussion, I will post myself.

But what is starting to irritate me more and more is that almost each and every time a new software tool is discussed, there are endless discussions not about how people feel the tool performs, but about how the tool is too expensive, or too cheap, or comes from a company with bad customer support, WUP, dongle protection, etc, etc, etc

So my suggestion: would it be an idea to ask people to fill out a simple questionnaire before posting, for instance

"What is the purpose of your post? 1. I listened to the sound samples and even on my laptop speakers (am away from the studio right now) I can hear that this plugin does magic to the low end, 2. The software is too expensive and I want to vent my frustration about that, 3. I want to tell people that software this cheap can't be any good (except if it is the Valhalla Room reverb plugin), 4. I want to tell the world that I will not buy this software because it uses a dongle, 5. I feel everybody should know that IMO the company does not take good care of their customers, has a bad business plan, or just because I do not like the company 6. I want everybody to know that I am not in the studio right now, but that the day after tomorrow I will give this plugin a try, 7. To tell people that they should use their ears, 8. I read the specs, tried the demo, and want to give my 2 cents about this plugin."

Now, the above checklist could be used as a filter by letting every slutz member decide what type of messages he/she wants to read.

Probably a silly proposition, but nevertheless I feel much better now

Cheers,

Jack

P.S. Please feel free to add more points to the above checklist
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search