The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
An Infractionary Tale
Old 10th September 2011
Lives for gear

An Infractionary Tale

Re: infraction

Dear Jules,

It seems I have mistakenly been given an infraction for insulting another GS member. Maybe you meant to give it to the other fellow on the thread? Either way it seems you clicked the wrong button somewhere and issued an infraction to yours truly. I know you'll correct this obvious admin error, I just hope it's soon as that other chap definitely deserves his comeuppance in a timely manner. With his smug rolleyes smiley which came right after his despicable comment insinuating that I suggested that talent has nothing to do with the quality of a recording and it's all the medium. Can you believe the cheek? What does he take me for? A complete moron? Very very insulting thing to do. It does make me feel better knowing that you understand and that this infraction is all just a slip of the finger — a typo-infraction if you will. It also makes me feel better knowing that I kept my decorum and dignity and merely pointed out to this internet cad (albeit in a deadpan fashion) that he's tilting at imaginary windmills ala Don Quixote. (see my sig for the exact quote) Because after all it is completely in his imagination that I said talent doesn't matter. Jules, it is knowing that you are with me in seeing the difference between correcting somebody who puts words in your mouth and insulting them that helps me sleep soundly at night.

I eagerly await my redemption and the banning of this uncouth individual fortwith…
Old 10th September 2011
Lives for gear

I saw your post, seemed pretty mild, very odd to get an infraction for that.
Old 10th September 2011
Gear Guru

You are wasting webpage space.
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentvangogo View Post
I saw your post, seemed pretty mild, very odd to get an infraction for that.
Its like the ****ing gestapo around here these daze
Has anyone ever heard of first ammendment rights????
Old 15th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillysoulman View Post
Its like the ****ing gestapo around here these daze
Has anyone ever heard of first ammendment rights????
First Amendment is why you won't be arrested for saying stupid things. You can still be kicked off a forum. Unfortunately our forefathers didn't foresee internet forums, or I'm sure they would have included that - "You can say whatever you want to say on the internet, and no one can correct you for it."

Definitely write your congressmen, let's get this taken care of. FREEEEEDOM!!!
Old 15th September 2011
Your forefathers also decided to secede from England, where this site is based and governed. No entrenched rights to free speech here, guv!
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecat View Post
Your forefathers also decided to secede from England, where this site is based and governed. No entrenched rights to free speech here, guv!
Ah but UK is small , "bangin' on your drum with the Gillette stropped" .
Old 15th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by creegstor View Post
Re: infraction

Dear Jules,

It seems I have mistakenly been given an infraction for insulting another GS member. Maybe you meant to give it to the other fellow on the thread? Either way it seems you clicked the wrong button somewhere and issued an infraction to yours truly. I know you'll correct this obvious admin error, I just hope it's soon as that other chap definitely deserves his comeuppance in a timely manner. With his smug rolleyes smiley which came right after his despicable comment insinuating that I suggested that talent has nothing to do with the quality of a recording and it's all the medium. Can you believe the cheek? What does he take me for? A complete moron? Very very insulting thing to do. It does make me feel better knowing that you understand and that this infraction is all just a slip of the finger — a typo-infraction if you will. It also makes me feel better knowing that I kept my decorum and dignity and merely pointed out to this internet cad (albeit in a deadpan fashion) that he's tilting at imaginary windmills ala Don Quixote. (see my sig for the exact quote) Because after all it is completely in his imagination that I said talent doesn't matter. Jules, it is knowing that you are with me in seeing the difference between correcting somebody who puts words in your mouth and insulting them that helps me sleep soundly at night.

I eagerly await my redemption and the banning of this uncouth individual fortwith…
Indeed!
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search