The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Newest eBay Pain in the a...
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

Newest eBay Pain in the a...

So I have an item for sale
another seller uses a dummy eBay account to buy my item with no intentions of paying.
Now he is free to list his item with no other (or fewer) listings meanwhile I am waiting for a payment and can't re-list because I have no idea if the buyer is legit.
Old 10th September 2011
Lives for gear

You stipulate in the auction that payment must be received within x-days, and if it isn't, the item will be relisted. Any legit buyer will pay within the time alloted; usually within 24 hours. So if you don't get pymt in the alloted time, you know the buyer is not legit.

Cheers.
Old 10th September 2011
Gear Guru

TRS Been there done that, still do it sometimes, Life's a bi+ch
Old 10th September 2011
Lives for gear

its happened to me before , now I use the complete paypal first if "buy it now" and if they dont have a paypal account, they cannot bid..
Old 10th September 2011
Yes it happens...we sold an amplifier to a person in Russia. He never paid for it so we re-listed it and he bought it again and never paid. Turns out he buys a lot of things and never pays for them. We brought it to Ebay's attention and he is no longer able to purchase items on Ebay.
Old 11th September 2011
Lives for gear

As much as Im pro consumer, I have to say Ebays rules and fee structure are really more and more bent to kill the guy selling used gear!
It's like they want to be the central market place for dealers selling at MAP, who don't care if the fees eat margin!

Dude I feel your pain, and CL is ok but to local!
Old 16th September 2011
Lives for gear

Egay/Gaypal have gotten way too greedy with their surcharges - not that that's anything new. What I do now is just ignore/block anyone I suspect will burn me, and never answer any stupid email questions on Egay. So far so good - I pay no attention to my auctions until it's over, and the 'real' interested party has won. Good luck and sorry to hear about your experience - you'll find no recourse w/ those jerk offs.
Old 16th September 2011
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas W. Bethe View Post
Yes it happens...we sold an amplifier to a person in Russia. He never paid for it so we re-listed it and he bought it again and never paid. Turns out he buys a lot of things and never pays for them. We brought it to Ebay's attention and he is no longer able to purchase items on Ebay.
That is the time you should block his user ID, I have a few blocked.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search