The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
PACE stole my money...will start to hate iLok Condenser Microphones
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

PACE stole my money...will start to hate iLok

Yesterday I sold licence for BX Digital V2. Because it was an ugrade to V1 I needed to transfer both licences to the new owner, which of course meant 50 USD for the transfer of two licences...up to this point everything went as expected.

Licence for BX Digital V1 was transfered without a problem, while the licence for V2 needed to get approval from Dirk from Brainworx. Due to the fact that the actual licence for BX Digital consisted of two licence it makes sense, because otherwise I could sell V2 for full price and still keep V1, so Dirk neded to be informed about weather V1 had been transfered before. After Dirk approved the transfer something completely odd happened....

...PACE then automatically charged my credit card, without any question, for the licence transfer, despite the fact that I have already paid for the transfer of this licence one day before. In the end my total costs for transfering this f***** licence were 75 USD, which meant that PACE stole me 25 USD. They have no telephine number, no contact email...only f***** support tickets for technical issues. WTF??? This is not a technical issue, and definitely not my technical issue. My only issue is that they charged me 25 USD without any reason without any need for my approval. I read their business terms and conditions and nowhere found about anything, that you get charged twicethe amount for the transfer of a licence that needs approval from the developer.

I don't know how to get in touch with them, because I definitely want my 25 USD back, and in my eyes they lost their credibility with this move.
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

PACE is a guy. I suppose he may have hired others more recently, I don't know. For the longest time it was just him working out of a crappy house in the San Jose area. I think the house belonged to his grandma. I'm not kidding.

I did a lot of research on the PACE Anti-Piracy company years ago. Lots of folks were liking PACE, feeling secure with their dongles in hand. My point was that it's just A GUY. No more secure a solution for the end user than an individual developer using a challenge and response system. (I think people imagine PACE as a big company with offices filled with suits, or cool bearded musicians or something.)

Sorry to hear about your obviously frustrating troubles. I wish you luck.
Old 9th September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljefe View Post
PACE is a guy. I suppose he may have hired others more recently, I don't know. For the longest time it was just him working out of a crappy house in the San Jose area. I think the house belonged to his grandma. I'm not kidding.

Had to smile at this. Yeah, the PACE offices are pretty stealth, and it was originally the brainchild of one talented engineer. There has been a staff at PACE for years. My dealings with them have been nothing but positive.
Old 9th September 2011
Call your credit card company and ask for a chargeback. They'll do it in a snap since there was no authorization from you (also they'll be able to call Pace if you tell them they provide no contact #). Sucks to have to resort to that, but what else can they expect when they offer no human contact whatsoever? If Pace doesn't want to answer the phone then they should farm it out like many other companies do.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search