The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
New Steinberg Controller - Autumn 2011
Old 8th September 2011
New Steinberg Controller - Autumn 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3W9xqCX3N0

No idea of what it may be like. I can guess it could be modular or touchscreen related.
Old 8th September 2011
Gear Addict

There is hope!!!!

Can this be the controller for Cubase and Nuendo we all have been waiting for!!!!!!!!

Old 8th September 2011
Lives for gear

Whatever happened to that steinberg controller from a few years ago? It was expensive but looked good.
Old 8th September 2011
Gear Addict

I thought I was going to get a look at it. Instead I half expected Big Foot to walk across that grainy video.
Old 8th September 2011
Gear Maniac

excited
Old 8th September 2011
surfing on the net it looks like it will be two controllers: one entry level and one for the pros. at least from what I read in Steinberg forum and Gearjunkies
Old 8th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwonbass View Post
I thought I was going to get a look at it. Instead I half expected Big Foot to walk across that grainy video.
lol

ridiculous teaser ....
Old 8th September 2011
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmatibet View Post
surfing on the net it looks like it will be two controllers: one entry level and one for the pros. at least from what I read in Steinberg forum and Gearjunkies
There are no full details yet,its all speculation.
But FWIW i still think its some kind of modular system like i said in the other thread last week: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-p...what-heck.html

Graham
Old 8th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahamdwc View Post
There are no full details yet,its all speculation.
But FWIW i still think its some kind of modular system like i said in the other thread last week: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-p...what-heck.html

Graham
It is just speculation, indeed. In Steinberg forum a guy was saying he had a rumor from a Steinberg/Yamaha insider. We'll see.
From the last image of the video I guess it is something modular (4 slots right upon the computer keyboard).
Old 8th September 2011
Administrator

Quote:
..From the last image of the video I guess it is something modular (4 slots right upon the computer keyboard).
Yeah i noticed that too.
Could it finally be the controllers we always wanted?
Hope so!

Graham
Old 8th September 2011
Gear Head

Right before the image of the computer setup at the end of the video, is a quick frame or 2 of the controller lit up. Can't access youtube here at work, but check it out.. you will see. It sorta looks like a quick test pattern before the last image, but its the device in the dark with the buttons lit up!
Old 8th September 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0liver View Post
Right before the image of the computer setup at the end of the video, is a quick frame or 2 of the controller lit up. Can't access youtube here at work, but check it out.. you will see. It sorta looks like a quick test pattern before the last image, but its the device in the dark with the buttons lit up!
Could someone cut that out?
Old 8th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOracle View Post
Could someone cut that out?
Here ya go
Attached Thumbnails
New Steinberg Controller - Autumn 2011-steinbergcontroller.jpg  
Old 8th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Looks like a CC121 on steroids
Old 8th September 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkasizer View Post
Here ya go
Hmm, that was in the vid? You have eagle-eyes heh
Old 8th September 2011
Administrator

Quote:
Indeed it is, i missed it the first time around though.

Graham
Old 8th September 2011
Lives for gear

Whatever happened to that fully touch screen one someone developed for them? I saw it at NAMM last January, but haven't heard of it since.
Old 8th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
They nicely complement my golden ears heh
Old 8th September 2011
Gear Head

Red dots look like they are faders. You can see how they all are spaced. The other 3 red dots to the right (top in image) of them may be buttons for the fader modes or soemething. The coloured buttons might be transport or something along those lines.

The system looks modular and made to sit in front of a monitor. You can tell it`s modular by the 2 white lights on the top. They seem to be placed to the right of the groupings of the different items. So it may be like a shift button like the euphonix stuff had.

that`s my best guess.
Old 8th September 2011
Quote:
Red dots look like they are faders. You can see how they all are spaced. The other 3 red dots to the right (top in image) of them may be buttons for the fader modes or soemething. The coloured buttons might be transport or something along those lines.

The system looks modular and made to sit in front of a monitor. You can tell it`s modular by the 2 white lights on the top. They seem to be placed to the right of the groupings of the different items. So it may be like a shift button like the euphonix stuff had.

that`s my best guess.
could be similar, if not equal, to their CC121 controller.
And this would tell me NO scribble strips...
Old 8th September 2011
Administrator

Quote:
Red dots look like they are faders.
Or they could be rings around encoders.

Graham
Old 8th September 2011
Gear Maniac

A very unreliable source told me it is a dedicated Loopmash Controller.
Old 8th September 2011
Lives for gear

"Viral marketing" is so lame. Just show the damn thing already... We've waited for years for a pro controller by SB/Yamaha...
Old 8th September 2011
Lives for gear

Thumbs down

And, it's usually something lame..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattiasnyc View Post
"Viral marketing" is so lame. Just show the damn thing already... We've waited for years for a pro controller by SB/Yamaha...
Old 8th September 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkasizer View Post
They nicely complement my golden ears heh
Haha, you must be a lucky man...heh
Old 8th September 2011
Lives for gear

I have high hopes for this...but I'm sure I will be let down with some pro-sumer crap, and most defiantly overpriced.
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

Yes, that's great news ! Yamaha/Steinberg are moving in the right direction.

It's about time Steinberg came up with a professional high-quality-solid control surface for Cubendo users, hopefully it will also work with other DAWs.

I'm looking forward to see some pics of this new control-surface, and more detailed info from Steinberg soon.
Old 9th September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lander View Post
A very unreliable source told me it is a dedicated Loopmash Controller.

Please don't let it be this.
Old 9th September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
could be similar, if not equal, to their CC121 controller.
And this would tell me NO scribble strips...
I use a Mackie MCU with extender and couldn't imagine life without scribble strips. It would be nice if it was somewhat like the CC121 but with 9 faders and scribble strips. Plus the option for more faders.
Old 9th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by muziksculp View Post
It's about time Steinberg came up with a professional high-quality-solid control surface for Cubendo users, hopefully it will also work with other DAWs.
Aha! There's the key.

I have the CC121 - despite its quirks/limitations, it's a high-quality fader and it does speed things workflow-wise. The EQ controls are fun since I'll use Nuendo's channel EQ a lot anyway during a post session. It's also a well-made box.

BUT - it only works with Cubendo, and in the future that's gonna be a dealbreaker for me. I need to be in Pro Tools now on about half my jobs so I have to get something that will work across the board - possibly if it's even just a HUI mode. If Steinberg's solution doesn't, well, I'm out.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search