The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
New Steinberg Controller - Autumn 2011
Old 14th September 2011
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ludovico View Post
Can you believe i've had one of these for over 5 years without being able to make it work because of my darn french Windows?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Bang View Post
Wow, seriously? No workaround at all ? I've never heard if software problema regarding language pakcs... but windows is windows... How about installing an english version?
Oh. French Windows... I thought he meant French Windows.
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted User View Post
Oh. French Windows... I thought he meant French Windows.
Those look more like French Widows. heh

Laser
Old 15th September 2011
Deleted User
I would think the PRODUCT would have to be advertised or at least ANNOUNCED to be in this forum. Leave the speculation for lounges. This thread is complete BS
Old 15th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanabit View Post
I would think the PRODUCT would have to be advertised or at least ANNOUNCED to be in this forum. Leave the speculation for lounges. This thread is complete BS
point taken...
Old 19th September 2011
Here for the gear

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by work2do View Post
Whatever happened to that steinberg controller from a few years ago? It was expensive but looked good.
Have a look:
SmartAV
Old 19th September 2011
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Have a look:
SmartAV

He's probably talking about the WK Audio ID stuff.
Old 19th September 2011
Hey, have you seen SmartAV Tango (that is in no way related to Steinberg) is now Tango2? Very nice add ons!
Too big for my wallet anyway
Old 19th September 2011
Lives for gear

Simple Question :

Do you feel that not having motorized faders is a deal breaker for a control-surface ? or could you still live with that to control your DAW ?
Old 19th September 2011
MediaMix
I just read through this entire thread. Where exactly is the new steinberg controller?
Old 19th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaMix View Post
I just read through this entire thread. Where exactly is the new steinberg controller?
It doesnt exist!
This is G.S., man
Old 19th September 2011
Gear Nut

I converted my old Mackie d8b into a full Nuendo Controller, works quite well I gotta say, did a video this weekend:

Might not be revolutionary, but I've got my bases covered: 25 faders, 24 pans, 25 meters on meter bridge, full transport, etc. Speeds up the workflow a lot!
Old 19th September 2011
Lives for gear

Marc, I've got to hand it to you... you're the "Pamela Anderson" of DAW controllers right now
Old 20th September 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Bang View Post
Marc, I've got to hand it to you... you're the "Pamela Anderson" of DAW controllers right now
Hahaha, why? Because I'm beautiful and desirable or because I'm a b*tch? Or maybe a little bit of both! LOL
Old 20th September 2011
Gear Maniac

No Marc, the d8b is the 'Pamela Anderson' of controllers because despite being a little old, oftentimes cranky and unreliable, it is still 'hot' and functional in an old school kind of way!! It looks like you have given Pam a decent makeover and she scrubs up very well I think.
Old 20th September 2011
Here for the gear

Very good work Marc!
I think you only use the 3x Mackie Implementation of Cubase.
I have a BCR 2000 beside my Mackie Control for Controlling Channel EQ and my Control Room.
I have implemented it via the Generic Remote of Cubase.
So I have 14Bit Controls for the EQ Frequency and the Quick Controls.
I go with the selected channel method of the generic remote.
With more pages (GR in Cubase) , I can switch some encoders and buttons for controlling the insert slots of my favorite plugins.
Here is my post with the layout (sorry only German):
Forum - Do-It-Yourself (DIY) - BCR 2000 als Chann. EQ/Monitoring Controller für Cubase - RECORDING.de
Old 20th September 2011
Nuendo users already have a superb controller/mixer.
WK Audio ID Console
It does not work with Cubase though, and it's not cheap (what you see on the main site is around €15,000) but it is seriously good. With Nuendo, you would not want anything else once you try this out.
I bought one & have never once regretted it and will be grabbing another fader pack this year to take me to 24, with the option to add a further 2 should I need to.,....

BTW, any London based Nuendo users are always welcome to drop by & see tis thing working. Full control over everything including plugins, VSTi, the whole 9 yards
Old 20th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Studios View Post
No Marc, the d8b is the 'Pamela Anderson' of controllers because despite being a little old, oftentimes cranky and unreliable, it is still 'hot' and functional in an old school kind of way!! It looks like you have given Pam a decent makeover and she scrubs up very well I think.
HAHAHAHA !!!

My thoughts, well exposed...

Old 20th September 2011
Lives for gear

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Girard View Post
I converted my old Mackie d8b into a full Nuendo Controller, works quite well I gotta say, did a video this weekend:
Thats awesome Mark , and with it basically being 3 x MCU's will work with a whole range of DAW hosts as well , instead of being reserved to one DAW like the Steinberg/ WK ID , which won't even work with the smaller sibling despite it being 95+% of Nuendo.

There has to be some commercial prospect for the work you have done, I am betting there are more than a few D8B's collecting dust that can be resurrected.

Go forth...

What were we originally talking about , oh yeh... , Steinbergs new controller , lets see what they come up with , I only hope its not another Houston.

Old 21st September 2011
Gear Addict

Loving this thread.
Old 22nd September 2011
Old 22nd September 2011
Here for the gear

Steinberg Toy

Looks like a new Steinberg Toy....
I think the toys will sell well...Yamaha or Steinberg marketing?Pro Controller won´t sell well....so we see toys. Where are the LCDs for the faders and the knobs?????

I´m glad that I have my setup with the BCR 2000 with GR and the MCU for Mixing.....

Old 22nd September 2011
Thumbs up

Oh my!
I am officially out of business. I ask for professional, serious controllers and they produce plastic, cheap fader-free controllers. I really don't understand the most simple market rules!
I'm glad these toys are announced today because I will go for Nucleus in a couple of days so my mind is free from any worm of doubt!
Old 22nd September 2011
Lives for gear

I really am very disappointed. As much as I do not like to hate, they are very toy like. Yes, they may offer significant control over Cubase functions, but this is not what I expected at all. I expected something that would jump in between the Mackie Universal Pro and the Euphonix range, something robust, built like a tank and something to bring a little bit of the analogue mixing experience to us ITB boys, but this is much more something that I would expect to come out of Novation or Akai? Why not build on the CC121 and take it to another level with more faders. The CC121 was close to being that something special, but what is this?? Something you bung in a rucksack to provide "on the move" tangibility when you can't be in your studio. The worse things is, I think Novation and Akai really understand their audience. They both provide very useful tools for bedroom producers or on the move guys, but who is Steinberg's audience?

I have said it once and I will say it again, Steinberg just don't get it. The only physical product that I have said Steinberg absolutely nailed, was the MR816 but really, it borrows all the best bits from the Yamaha N8/N12, so they cannot really be held responsible for that mark of genius. Steinberg's are losing customers to Logic, Reaper and God knows who else and they have to come to the table with products that will get the Pro guys back on board. Get them on board and the bedroom producers and geeks will follow, as they always want what the pros have, but with this, I cannot see a guy looking for a hands-on mixing experience putting this at the top of their list. You had guys on here saying that they hoped it would be something like the Tascam U-2400 or SSL Nucleus (without the audio side). I too was hoping for something in that ball park. If it was something like the Nucleus, I would be on my feet clapping right now saying, Steinberg, you listened, you got it right, but unlike MJ's final flick, THIS ISN'T IT. If I am going to touch rubber strips for faders, I might as well get an Ipad 1 for £329 and buy V-Control Pro, which is alot more pro than this.

They needed to come up with something better than this. I think they have good guys at Steinberg, but the ideas dept needs a revamp. Hell, if you can't come up with anything forward thinking, why not just ask us!!! It isn't hard to come on here and see what the consensus is and get an idea for something to give to the market that they really need or want. Steinberg, please please please listen.
Old 22nd September 2011
Lives for gear
Steinberg hardware need a make over ,**** copy Apple silver beautiful look or HP probook black lacor look.

Even 60 dollar external hard drives look more stylish!

Come on Steinberg stop being so cheap!

Sent from my PC36100 using Gearslutz.com App
Old 22nd September 2011
Lives for gear

To add, this on their website sums it up........

".....Small in size but big in value, the CMC series are your perfect partner on the road. The units are small enough to fit in your pocket......"

STEINBERG, WE WERE NOT ASKING FOR ON THE ROAD CONTROLLERS. FADERPORT DOES MOST OF THIS ALREADY
Old 22nd September 2011
Lives for gear

Dissapointment... doent fit it. Utter crap is better.

I'd rather have an Ipad with AC-7 than this, anyday of the week.

I'd rather have 1 Faderport or Alphatrack than and Ipad with AC-7 + the full range os these steinberg toys.

Utter crap!

Infinite fail.
Old 22nd September 2011
Here for the gear

I was expecting a pro controller with 24Ch real faders and an LCD with channel/parameter naming.
On the other side there hat to be something like a BCR 2000.
32rotary encoders with led rings and parameter lcds like the Mackie C4.
Then Cubase had to learn from novation automap.
The 32rotaries have to take the parameters of the every day plugins like other eqs, compressors, reverbs or vsti.
Then the rotary controller had to switch between the pages if the focused editor switches to another vsti/eq/compressor editor.

That would be my controller to control software like hardware ....
Learn from users, not from the internal marketing
Old 22nd September 2011
kdp
Lives for gear

I truly believe Cubase is the best DAW known to to man. But this latest hardware offering is just kid stuff. More bedroom studio crap for 12 year olds. We are adults here! We have our own money! We are not on an allowance. I'd be willing to spend $5000. on a kick ass dedicated Cubase controller. Steinberg will never get in the Pro market. I give up!
Old 22nd September 2011
Lives for gear

I am actually angry

I have no idea how a company can get it so wrong. To be fair, I have never seen many, if any of their guys on here, but seriously, ONE DAY of research, just ONE DAY on here, would give you a focused view of the products that producers / engineers are looking for. That is all it takes. Inventing stuff in a dark room with no connection to your customers is taking Steinberg no where. This lot will be discontinued, like most over Steinberg products, in no time. Steinberg, you make us despair.
Old 22nd September 2011
Gear Addict

What would you expect from Steinberg that Euphonix doesn't do?
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search