The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
New Steinberg Controller - Autumn 2011
Old 9th September 2011
  #31
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecat View Post
Aha! There's the key.

I have the CC121 - despite its quirks/limitations, it's a high-quality fader and it does speed things workflow-wise. The EQ controls are fun since I'll use Nuendo's channel EQ a lot anyway during a post session. It's also a well-made box.

BUT - it only works with Cubendo, and in the future that's gonna be a dealbreaker for me. I need to be in Pro Tools now on about half my jobs so I have to get something that will work across the board - possibly if it's even just a HUI mode. If Steinberg's solution doesn't, well, I'm out.
me too, for sure. And scribble strips as well
Old 9th September 2011
  #32
Lives for gear
 
Airon's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkasizer View Post
Here ya go
Hmm.
Looking at that pic carefullly it looks like the red dots are in fact touchscreen faders.

Interesting. Physical backlit buttons with a touchscreen portion. I wonder if actual faders are on this hardware as well.
Old 9th September 2011
  #33
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmatibet View Post
surfing on the net it looks like it will be two controllers: one entry level and one for the pros. at least from what I read in Steinberg forum and Gearjunkies
Yep, I've heard similar rumors. Autumn will see a Cubase controller and summer next year they will have a pro console for Cubendo.
Old 9th September 2011
  #34
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airon View Post
Hmm.
Looking at that pic carefullly it looks like the red dots are in fact touchscreen faders.

Interesting. Physical backlit buttons with a touchscreen portion. I wonder if actual faders are on this hardware as well.
I doubt they'd be "touchscreen faders". That'd be a pretty dumb move in my opinion.
Old 9th September 2011
  #35
Administrator
 
Grahamdwc's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattiasnyc View Post
I doubt they'd be "touchscreen faders". That'd be a pretty dumb move in my opinion.
I've read that Steinberg are announcing a new audio interface next week and the controller in about two months.

Graham
Old 9th September 2011
  #36
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahamdwc View Post
I've read that Steinberg are announcing a new audio interface next week and the controller in about two months.

Graham
Two months!? That's a pretty long "lead-time" for "viral marketing".... it'll go cold by then....

Where did you read this?
Old 9th September 2011
  #37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahamdwc View Post
I've read that Steinberg are announcing a new audio interface next week and the controller in about two months.

Graham
Mmm. I can't imagine a teaser lasting for 2 months.
Guess the controller comes first
And the video says Autumn 2011; so I'd bet September on the net, October/November on the shelf
Old 9th September 2011
  #38
Administrator
 
Grahamdwc's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattiasnyc View Post
Two months!? That's a pretty long "lead-time" for "viral marketing".... it'll go cold by then....

Where did you read this?
www.steinberg.net • View topic - New control surfaces?

Graham
Old 9th September 2011
  #39
Administrator
 
Grahamdwc's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmatibet View Post
Mmm. I can't imagine a teaser lasting for 2 months.
Guess the controller comes first
Yeah i know, i thought it would be too long also, and the teaser has been out since the start of the month already.
The video was sorta hidden, but you could view it if you had the links. (which i also found odd)
Of course it is on the Steinberg youtube page now!

Graham
Old 11th September 2011
  #40
Lives for gear
 
Big_Bang's Avatar
 

Conspiracy theorists were found drinking ale in a basement and commenting how the frame shots from the youtube videos bear a striking resemblance to wk-audio's controllers ...
Old 12th September 2011
  #41
Administrator
 
Grahamdwc's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmatibet View Post
Guess the controller comes first.

Seems as the interface is first.
Old 12th September 2011
  #42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahamdwc View Post

Seems as the interface is first.

not so excited at this point
Old 12th September 2011
  #43
Lives for gear
 
slaves666's Avatar
doesnt look like it has a talkback.....
Old 12th September 2011
  #44
Lives for gear
 
spectacular g's Avatar
 

I just don't get it...

Yamaha and Steinberg really should have had a Pro setup out by now.

Yamaha is a really cool company with all the resources to make it happen. I'd really like to see them come up with a something like the old Paris system...

Just newer and bigger and better.

?

G
Old 12th September 2011
  #45
Gear Head
 

24-bit/96 kHz USB 2.0 audio interface


such a shame, i'm hoping the latency figures are equal to or better then the mr816/n-series but considering its usb2 i highly doubt it..


looks like this is not a viable upgrade, hoped for a pci-e version. dsp mixer looks cool.

also i wonder if the onboard pres can be bypassed?


such a shame
Old 12th September 2011
  #46
Gear Head
 
mindsett muzik's Avatar
 

Control surface

Even something like my old yamaha 01x updated would be a good start.
Attached Thumbnails
New Steinberg Controller - Autumn 2011-mixeryamaha.jpg  
Old 13th September 2011
  #47
Gear Nut
 
shakermaker3's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwonbass View Post


Please don't let it be this.
+10000000
Old 13th September 2011
  #48
Gear Nut
 
shakermaker3's Avatar
 

oh ****. i just saw the other one, **** ... so is that the "controller"... why does everything have to come with a ****ing interface!! can't we just have some kick ass mid range products that aren't a 1/2 piss all in one solution?
Old 13th September 2011
  #49
Gear Addict
 
DoctorG's Avatar
 

Disappointed - I want to use Cubase like a mixer. If they made something like that Yamaha 01x I'd queue up to get it. Doesn't offer any competition to the Mackie.
Old 13th September 2011
  #50
Lives for gear
 
stella645's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker3 View Post
oh ****. i just saw the other one, **** ... so is that the "controller"... why does everything have to come with a ****ing interface!! can't we just have some kick ass mid range products that aren't a 1/2 piss all in one solution?
It's an interface. It would be pretty useless if it didn't come with a ****ing interface

The whatever it's going to be "modular fader pad knob + secret component (touchscreen?) controller" is gonna be announced later.
Old 13th September 2011
  #51
Administrator
 
Grahamdwc's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker3 View Post
oh ****. i just saw the other one, **** ... so is that the "controller"... why does everything have to come with a ****ing
The audio interface was to be announced first followed later by the unveiling of the controller(s).

All is on track so far.

IMO If the controller(s) are made in the same vain as the new desktop interface we could have some sturdy solid pieces of gear.

Graham
Old 13th September 2011
  #52
Lives for gear
 
stella645's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorG View Post
Disappointed - I want to use Cubase like a mixer. If they made something like that Yamaha 01x I'd queue up to get it. Doesn't offer any competition to the Mackie.
These are not supposed to be competitive to a Mackie control.
The controller when it is announced might be.

If you were hoping for an all in one controller & interface in mixer format I don't think you'll get what you want as it would have a more limited market.
Old 13th September 2011
  #53
Gear Nut
 
shakermaker3's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stella645 View Post
It's an interface. It would be pretty useless if it didn't come with a ****ing interface

The whatever it's going to be "modular fader pad knob + secret component (touchscreen?) controller" is gonna be announced later.
i meant the UR82m just as an example of the all in ones. why cant we just have a mid range AD/DA ... no pre's ... a seperate controller ...i was just saying it seems like all these mid-range things always have to be an all in one to appeal to prosumer market. Instead of specializing in one specific thing and making it really good at a reasonable price its always gotta have a little bit of everything but fall short in the overall... i get it, thats whats most profitable. hopefully the controller is the bomb anywaysss wok' on
Old 13th September 2011
  #54
Gear Head
 
mindsett muzik's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindsett muzik View Post
Even something like my old yamaha 01x updated would be a good start.
I posted the 01x just to show that even in 2003 Yamaha had a great control surface that worked great with cubase. Never understood why they didn't update it any as the demand for control surfaces increased.
Old 13th September 2011
  #55
Lives for gear
 
tomdarude's Avatar
I cannot see how anyone can possibly come up with a better controller than the Smart AV Tango + extender, if you´re using Cubase/Nuendo!!

if you´ve spent 10minutes on it everything else will look ridiculous....

how I wish it would have perfect PT support.....*sigh*

Old 13th September 2011
  #56
Gear Addict
 
Home Studio 87's Avatar
 

my bank don't find it ridiculous ! heh
hope steinberg gonna make one betwween 0 & 1000 €
Old 14th September 2011
  #57
Lives for gear
 
Big_Bang's Avatar
 

For me, a Tascam US-2400 sort of design with scribble strips and sensible metering would rock my world ! (I only need precise-the-bit metering on the 2-bus, shhhh!! )
Old 14th September 2011
  #58
Lives for gear
 
_Ludovico's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Bang View Post
For me, a Tascam US-2400 sort of design with scribble strips and sensible metering would rock my world ! (I only need precise-the-bit metering on the 2-bus, shhhh!! )
Can you believe i've had one of these for over 5 years without being able to make it work because of my darn french Windows?
Old 14th September 2011
  #59
Lives for gear
 
_Ludovico's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdarude View Post
I cannot see how anyone can possibly come up with a better controller than the Smart AV Tango + extender, if you´re using Cubase/Nuendo!!

if you´ve spent 10minutes on it everything else will look ridiculous....

how I wish it would have perfect PT support.....*sigh*
yes, but it's friggin 9,500 bucks!!!!!
Old 14th September 2011
  #60
Lives for gear
 
Big_Bang's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ludovico View Post
Can you believe i've had one of these for over 5 years without being able to make it work because of my darn french Windows?

Wow, seriously? No workaround at all ? I've never heard if software problema regarding language pakcs... but windows is windows... How about installing an english version?

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ludovico View Post
yes, but it's friggin 9,500 bucks!!!!!
And that would be for half of what's on that picture posted !!
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump