The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
This why I can't have nice things....
Old 6th September 2011
Gear Nut

This why I can't have nice things....

So my ex has raided my bank account in the form of paypal e-checks and fees. A long time ago I let her use my bank account to verify her paypal, and totally forgot about it because she had racked up so many fees that the account was shut down. So I get a nice email the other day saying ebay just took $300 out of my account. I called paypal and said no no no NO, my account is to NEVER EVER be used for her nonsense, they pretty much told me tough luck, once you attach a bank account, they can use it for fees forever. And so with the fees paid the account is now active and I guess she decided to go on a shopping spree on my dime, and I can't do **** through paypal because it's her account. So off to the bank I went, disputed the charges as fraudulent, but until they post they can't be reversed, and I can't close the account with pending charges. I've learned my lesson, I'll never ever give out my account info to anyone no matter how much I think I trust them. They'll have to pry it off my rotting corpse.

Timing couldn't have been better either, my health and car insurance payments are automatic from that account, and I'm in a 3 week wait for my paycheck because of a schedule change at work (they pay on the 2nd and 4th monday of the month, August had 5 mondays.) so I had just enough money to make the payments, and a little for the expenses of everyday life, now I'm looking at a bunch of overdraft fees. To top it off, this morning I go to use my card to put gas in my car, rejected. check my account, 2 more charges made yesterday..... Her response so far has been that since it's less than $100 there really isn't anything I can do. How nice, this is how you repay me for the 3 years I put a roof over your head and paid ALL your bills/medical? My tiny scrap of savings and my reward points have gone to pad my account in hopes I can keep enough money in there to avoid fees. I have to get a new bank account, missed hours of work, and had to have my direct deposit pulled to have a paper check issued which means more waiting, and I'm sure an unhappy boss....

My parents have to loan me money just to feed my friggin' cats. I'm beyond angry, bording homicidal. I'd never cause violence to a woman, but I'm really feeling that I have to stop myself and remain calm before I end up in jail. ROAR!!!! *cry* :( How's everyone else doing today?
Old 6th September 2011
Gear Nut

Oh and apparently I deserve it all because I'm an abusive jerk for sending her e-mails loaded to the gills with f-bombs because I'm angry. Of course I'm angry, YOU'RE STEALING FROM ME!!!!!
Old 6th September 2011
Gear Maniac

and why haven't you haven't called the police yet?

that's theft, simple as.
Old 6th September 2011
Gear Addict

true that Jack.....

and I'd be pressing charges, watch her tone change REAL quick
Old 6th September 2011
Gear Guru

Call the law...... or crack the whip.
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

NEVER EVER get a joint account or give ANYONE your passwords.

I wish you well in getting a stop put on that evil wench but the above is gospel
Old 6th September 2011
Gear Nut

I am in the process of getting all the documents together and will contacting law enforcement, and will be filing in court. I gave her a small grace period to pay me back, which has now passed. These are such small amounts I doubt she'll be arrested. I'm not only changing accounts, I'm changing banks altogether. I am not happy how this has been handled. More than anything I'm just hurt that someone that supposedly loves me would do this. But aside from this my life is pretty good recently, so I'm going to stop complaining and move on. But sometimes you just need to vent. To strangers. On the interwebs.
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

women.... 'm I right? *holds up hand for a high five*

j/k, I love my wife, but effin with my finances would cause a serious fight. We keep it all separate and so it shall remain.
Old 7th September 2011
Gear Head

It doesn't matter how small the amount is, £1000 or £10 it's still theft. It should be dealt with either way.
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyFromDenver View Post
women.... 'm I right? *holds up hand for a high five*

j/k, I love my wife, but effin with my finances would cause a serious fight. We keep it all separate and so it shall remain.
*gives the high five*

Dude, that sucks. That is some vindictive bullsh*t right there. If you have any "pictures" or "videos" (if ya know what I mean, hey oh!), now is the time to use them.

Good luck on getting that sorted. Hope it all turns out well!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search