The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Where the fu*k is WAVES 64 bit Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 31st August 2011
Gear Nut

Where the fu*k is WAVES 64 bit

Hi

I really like using waves plug-ins, but they are really start to piss me off. So far all plug ins I use managed to make it across the to the 64 bit haven. Waves announced with 64bit logic that they are aiming to release 64 bit before 2011. They also said they will release news about an ETA once they know more about the process.

Where are we now ? q3 2011 and so far not even a single word of where the fu*k these guys are at and what they do, except for musturbating about one knob series! good job.

I know carbon emission are not good and cocoa is sweet , but getting from one end to the other is a bit of struggle, and a lot of asm might make that worse.

but the silence is bullish*t, let ur customers know what the f*ck ur on about and where this is going.

Waves is the only reason why I am still on 32 bit and all my sample based plug ins are 64 bit already. So I really like to use them that way and what I need is some 64 bit waves plugin so they do not feel all lonely in the 64 bit hosts!!!

get ur act together waves and work on ur communication skills, cause they do s*ck!!
Old 1st September 2011
Gear Nut

from what i know 32 bit plugins work just fine on 64 bit systems. I never heard people complaining about plugins not working 32>>64. but i'll double check just in case
Old 1st September 2011
Lives for gear

Waiting forever and ever for Waves, Softube, and SoundToys 64-bit...
Old 1st September 2011
Gear Maniac

Hope it won't take too long anymore....my 64bit system's waiting and wants to be used :-)
Old 8th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dot. View Post
from what i know 32 bit plugins work just fine on 64 bit systems. I never heard people complaining about plugins not working 32>>64. but i'll double check just in case

Clearly a man who's never had the misfortune of using Logics 32-bit bridge.

Its buggy as hell, crashes all the time, and you can only open one window at a time.

I agree.....Waves, Soundtoys et al 64-bit versions need to arrive sooner rather than later.
Old 8th September 2011
Lives for gear

Somebody just pay the guy who wrote J-bridge for windows or bit bridge for Sonar 64 and get it ported. Waves works fine in Sonar 64 and if I was a logic user it would be frustrating as hell.
Old 8th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
???
Old 8th September 2011
Lives for gear

As a previous poster said, just use J-Bridge. It works flawlessly on every 32-bit plug-in I own. I would give up on waiting for Waves to go 64-bit, though. People have been wishing for that since 2008 and Waves obviously either has no interest in listening to their customers, or has extremely slow software engineers who are taking forever to get the 64-bit conversions done.
Old 10th September 2011
Gear Nut

So J-Bridge does only do vst's not au's as far I as I recall.
Also I have seen issues with J bridge as well.

So far any form of running 32bit plug ins under a 64 bit is not sufficient.

Waves needs to at least keep their customer a bit more up to date.

Look what they published in jan 2010 !!!:

Quote:
January 2010
Waves understands that 64-bit compatibility is very important to many of our users, especially those who run extremely large sample-based instruments which benefit from the additional RAM available under 64-bit. Waves has an extensive product line which currently includes over 100 plug-ins, and making each and every one of them 64-bit compatible is a massive undertaking. We are making every effort to complete this process as swiftly as possible, yet do not want to commit to an unrealistic release date which may lead to user disappointment in the future. Naturally, we hope to make 64-bit compatibility available prior to 2011. We thank you for your patience and understanding.

Waves is already working on native 64-bit versions of our plug-ins, but as our code base is so large and extensive, we do not anticipate full support before 2011. While we expect to make significant progress during 2010, an ETA will be published once we have better sense of the development schedule. Apple has provided a bridge solution that lets you run 32-bit plug-ins on the 64-bit OS, but our testing has not found its implementation to be up to Apple's usual engineering standards, with many bugs

(see full on waves -> support -> news )

particular this pisses me off:

Quote:
an ETA will be published once we have better sense of the development schedule
they thought they gonna have something to show before 2011. OK. Best guess at that time and there are always delays.
So now it's 3rd quarter 2011, and there hasn't been a single peep about 64 bit.

You can't tell that they don't have a better sense of the development schedule over 1.5 fu*king years later, ... come on!
Old 10th September 2011
Lives for gear

I really like their plug-ins but the lack of 64-bit is a potential dealbreaker. I am on a new gear spending spree, and have scrapped their SSL bundle off the list in favor of SSL's own Essential bundle. There are plenty of other alternatives, too.
Old 20th September 2011
Here for the gear

hate to say it but I gave up on Waves too. bought a new MBP last month - its working amazingly well with Lion and 64 bit... I need the ability to load samples and am really enjoying having 8 GB of RAM, so like all of you I agree - Waves has to step it up.

I went with Fabfilter - all their plugs are awesome, sound great and run solid... love them.

But also - I'd rather use Logic's plugs than the Waves with the Bridge, even as a point of pride. I mean Waves calls v8 a new version and it really isn't - AND they want us to pay for the WUP. Properly used Logic's plugs can be more than adequate for most things - I mean I can tell a sonic difference between them and other plugs but if Waves can't at least release their plugs in batches then screw them.
Old 20th September 2011
Deleted User #106149
Apart from 2.3 plugs I think waves are generally over hyped. There's a lot of smaller companies making better plugs who also listen to their fanbase and have 64 versions out now. It could be a good thing taking them outta your mix, try some fluxs, soundtoys, nomads factory.... :b

Sent from my HTC Desire using Gearslutz.com App
Old 23rd September 2011
Gear Head

They're waiting for everyone's WUP to run out...
Old 2nd November 2011
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumdrum View Post
Clearly a man who's never had the misfortune of using Logics 32-bit bridge.

Its buggy as hell, crashes all the time, and you can only open one window at a time.

I agree.....Waves, Soundtoys et al 64-bit versions need to arrive sooner rather than later.
You think Logic's bridge is bad, you should try Cubase! Waves don't even show up in their bridge...

And J-Bridge doesn't work on a Mac.

Waves have clearly been waiting to release the 64bit versions in conjunction with the AAX format, but a little information would go a long way guys...
Old 3rd November 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leechlife View Post
Hi

I really like using waves plug-ins, but they are really start to piss me off. So far all plug ins I use managed to make it across the to the 64 bit haven. Waves announced with 64bit logic that they are aiming to release 64 bit before 2011. They also said they will release news about an ETA once they know more about the process.

Where are we now ? q3 2011 and so far not even a single word of where the fu*k these guys are at and what they do, except for musturbating about one knob series! good job.

I know carbon emission are not good and cocoa is sweet , but getting from one end to the other is a bit of struggle, and a lot of asm might make that worse.

but the silence is bullish*t, let ur customers know what the f*ck ur on about and where this is going.

Waves is the only reason why I am still on 32 bit and all my sample based plug ins are 64 bit already. So I really like to use them that way and what I need is some 64 bit waves plugin so they do not feel all lonely in the 64 bit hosts!!!

get ur act together waves and work on ur communication skills, cause they do s*ck!!
I feel your pain. I mean we really can't record music with just a 32 bit platform. If we don't have 64 bit right now, our studios are not giving us good recordings.

They will release it when its ready and not before. Many of us have confirmed with Waves they are working on 64 bit. I use Cubase 5 32 bit with Windows 7 64 bit. UAD, BFD, Waves, and many other company's are not 64 bit yet. Jeez, just work with what you have and get over it. tutt
Old 3rd November 2011
Lives for gear

I use Sonar 8 32-bit because my 32-bit plugs that I use all the time are a PITA to use with JBridge in Sonar X1 64-bit. When I open my UAD plugs, I am unable to press the space bar to begin playback or do anything from my keyboard that the host-app uses. I have to manually mouse to the app and click it, then hit spacebar.

Seems like a small deal, but it kills 5 seconds each time cause I gotta mouse there and back. Plus... habits are hard to kill when it doesn't make sense to make you work harder.

Oh, and 64-bit Sonar hates my UAD-1 card that I use daily. Perhaps both these issues is the host DAW, but the 32-bit version runs fine.
Old 3rd November 2011
Lives for gear

Waves are just lucky that avid are also slow as **** to get to 64 bit as well or I'd have been considering some other options.

There are a lot of good 64 bit plugins right now so don't feel as though you need to stick with waves completely if you have a 64 bit daw.
Old 7th November 2011
Here for the gear

This seems to be one of the biggest complaints against waves, I spoke with a sales administrator for waves about 2 weeks ago and they say they are trying to get a 64 bit upgrade by the end of the year... now seeing as that's been their answer for most of the year I'm not so sure that's going to be the case, but here's hoping...
Old 8th November 2011
Lives for gear

At AES I heard by the end of this year or Q1 2012. I'd bet on the latter!
Old 12th November 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tube World View Post
I feel your pain. I mean we really can't record music with just a 32 bit platform. If we don't have 64 bit right now, our studios are not giving us good recordings.

They will release it when its ready and not before. Many of us have confirmed with Waves they are working on 64 bit. I use Cubase 5 32 bit with Windows 7 64 bit. UAD, BFD, Waves, and many other company's are not 64 bit yet. Jeez, just work with what you have and get over it. tutt
aah, somebody is practising sarkasm .

64 plugins do not matter much in the recording phase, couldn't care less there. Don't use much plug-ins there anyway, maybe for a fast monitoring mix.

But you start thinking differently if you constantly run out of memory during mixing because of that bloody 4gb limit.

64 bit will make life a lot easier, I have 14gb waiting for that. Plus under mac os 64bit apps - depending out what they do - run a bit faster (5-10%) than the 32 bit version. (bit depending on the processor )

All in all, what is most disappointing is WAVES lack of communication, particular when promised so in earlier announcement. Things change, ok, but at least communicate about it !!
Old 15th November 2011
Here for the gear

Waves is pissing me off too!

Had to rebuild my workstation. I have a great 64bit OS and guess what? I find out that my $2000+ in Waves plug-ins won't support a 64 bit OS.
So I can either get myself a different OS,(go back in time), or hold out and hope to Christ they get their **** together. Or just say **** U Waves and invest in some new more PRO friendly plug-ins. Its unfrickin believable that they are lagging so far behind in their technology.
HEY WAVES! GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER!!!!
Old 26th November 2011
Lives for gear
Yes, we need Waves x64
Old 27th November 2011
Lives for gear

It's a conspiracy, Majestic-12 will release comprimising photos of the CE of Waves and his neighbours cat if they release the x64 plugs, it's just that Majestic-12 hate you and love reading these posts on interweb forums, I risked my life to tell you this.
Old 27th November 2011
Gear Addict

Waves who?

Sorry, I've learned to live without 'em.
Old 4th January 2012
Gear Maniac

I too am growing a beard waiting for Waves x64 support. The most annoying thing is watching all my plugins run out of WUP time while I'm waiting

When they finally do update, everyone will need to pay up for WUP in order to get them!

Old 10th January 2012
Lives for gear

Yep.

Me too. The Waves plugins work just fine on a 64-bit OS btw, as does Protools. 64-bit hosts are a different story. You need to Shell2VST your plugins and bridge them in hosts like Reaper. So far I'm not bothering with that as long as 3.5 GB of RAM are enough for my projects (on a 32-bit OS 32-bit apps only get 2 GB iirc).

Over at the DUC some folks have posted that Waves will not be supporting AAX DSP due to low HDX sales at this time. Here's the link.

Who knows what'll happen. I might update my Renaissance bundle when/if they release a 64-bit version.

I've been holding back on all those special offers, because I still use v7 and my WUP ran out a long time ago, so I'd rather do the upgrade and any new possible purchases in one go when 64-bit support arrives.
Old 13th January 2012
Gear Guru

Quote:
Glad I don't use plugs, at least I don't have this kind of worries.
Old 13th January 2012
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Niedt View Post
Waiting forever and ever for Waves, Softube, and SoundToys 64-bit...

Now (at Jan 2012) we only really have:

Waves
Soundtoys
Slate Digital (only FG-X for Mac is yet to go x64 I think)
VirSyn (I think some of theirs are x64 for Mac, but not all)
Flux/IRCAM Tools - shame no x64 on Verb Session yet...
plus a few other smaller companies, although most of those have gone over to x64 as well.

Anyone got any more to add to this list? Should I start another thread maybe?.......

Last edited by kevaquarian; 13th January 2012 at 01:34 PM.. Reason: updating info
Old 21st January 2012
Lives for gear

Almost time to start shaving those beards off!:
KVR: Waves Audio unveils V9 (Version 9) Plug-ins (incl. 64-bit; No iLok)

And no iLok required either, although J-Bridge has been working just fine for me anyway. Softube & Slate are already 64bit. I wish they'd keep iLok though, I like the 'roamability'.
Old 22nd January 2012
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beany View Post
Almost time to start shaving those beards off!:
KVR: Waves Audio unveils V9 (Version 9) Plug-ins (incl. 64-bit; No iLok)

And no iLok required either, although J-Bridge has been working just fine for me anyway. Softube & Slate are already 64bit. I wish they'd keep iLok though, I like the 'roamability'.

Thanks for the heads up Beany.

I couldn't find any info at the Waves site though - no worries though - we just wait and see I guess - interesting to see people moving away from the iLok....

Brainworx, SPL and now Waves....

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search