The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Oh Joel Patterson what did you do?!
Old 25th August 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmark View Post
Alas not.

Ban someone on somewhat spurious grounds, don't be surprised if they don't return.
You are assuming that Joel doesn't have other things to do , or decided to spend less time on forums .
He always struck me as a man with a mind of his own .
Old 25th August 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yago View Post
You are assuming that Joel doesn't have other things to do , or decided to spend less time on forums .
He always struck me as a man with a mind of his own .
Assuming nothing sir. But as far as I remember, prior to the rod of suspension being applied to him he was posting as per usual.

As a man with a mind of his own he may well have decided it was time to move on.

Just think it's a damn shame.
Old 25th August 2011
Lives for gear

What's an active member of GS without a good honest banning every now and then?

I've been banned.
Old 25th August 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storyville View Post
What's an active member of GS without a good honest banning every now and then?

I've been banned.
Lol - I haven't been banned yet, but I did receive an infraction once for saying that the lyrics in "Fireworks" by Katy Perry were embarrassingly bad. I've had to make a note of that mod outing himself as a katy perry fanboy so that I watch what I say about her in threads he's in.

It can be a bit confusing navigating the moderator bias here at times! But at least it makes it interesting.

Regards,
Frank
Old 26th August 2011
Lives for gear

I got an infraction because I called a moderator out on using this site to only recommend that people buy gear that he sells. In the years on this site I've never seen them recommend items that they don't sell. The official reason was "insulting the moderator"

The part that made me crack up was that they immediately blocked me from sending them private messages. It was like a sentence without a trial. I never got a chance to private message this person and explain myself. Im just reporting what actually happened. I won't pass any judgement.

I realize that I sell gear too. But I wouldn't hesitate for a second to recommend people go out and buy an Atlas Pro Juggernaut or a Naylor guitar amp. Brands that I don't sell but gladly paid full price for.

Joel rocks!
Old 28th August 2011
Lives for gear

I spoke with Joel yesterday. He will be back, I'm sure. He enjoys the camradiere with some of the folks here. As we know, he is a free-spirited guy who lets humor do his talking much of the time.
Old 28th August 2011
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Walker View Post
I spoke with Joel yesterday. He will be back, I'm sure. He enjoys the camradiere with some of the folks here. As we know, he is a free-spirited guy who lets humor do his talking much of the time.

Hey Ken.

Why am I not surprised you linked with Joel.

You guys are summa the coolest cats here.

Cheers, man - and hope ya'll are stayin' dry in Jersey.

Old 29th August 2011
Gear Nut

So when he comes back will he be the AI version?
Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear

AI?? Did you mean AU? I think they've said they're never going AU. Something about the original code.

I'm still waiting for the 64-bit Joel. STILL waiting. tutt Why do Patterson manufacturers never listen?

64-bit +1!!!!

Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear

PS. If I use the automated report button on my own posts, can I ban myself???

Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty Planet View Post
AI?? Did you mean AU?

Australian?
Old 4th September 2011
Gear Nut

Let's put a tube in 'em. maybe the mods will warm up to him.
Old 4th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobo Diddly View Post
Let's put a tube in 'em. maybe the mods will warm up to him.

Bah, Waves can recreate that warmness in their hearts without having to have a rack next to em!
Old 4th October 2011
Lives for gear

Joel has been "unsuspended" for a while now, but isn't posting.

Where art thou, Joel?
Old 12th October 2011
Lives for gear

Ok Joel, I've now implemented the forcefield you've requested. I'm relatively (95%) certain it will effectively buffer your sardonic wit and mind-expanding comments so as to not hurt the feelings of the hyper-sensitive, ultra-serious ones who get easily agitated by your expansive creative scope. You're safe now. Just be your old self. You did nothing wrong, and the injustice perpetrated against you is widely recognized as entirely inappropriate. The future awaits, and tomorrow is a brand new day..... better than the last.
Old 29th November 2011
Lives for gear

khm...

He's back.
Old 29th November 2011
Thumbs up

Where, where?

Old 29th November 2011
Old 27th August 2019
Lives for gear

I wondered where he was. But this is 1st generation Where are you Joel? not the current 2nd generation high definition Where are you Joel?

I hope he's okay.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search