The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Paypal you really suck
Old 2nd January 2011
Lives for gear

Paypal you really suck

so i'm trying to buy some eqs on here and for some reason paypal decides for this transaction it must be by bank transfer and not credit card. wtf?? we are both verified users. this happened once before where they just decided to withdrawl the money from my bank account which i didn't have in there, my bank covered it but then hit me with overdraft fees. and of course paypal will still charge the seller fees while paying zero on their end for instant transfers. so the the seller pays fees, paypal pays none, and the buyer gets no credit card protection. ummm no thank you.

so if you don't have a bank account linked to paypal, don't do it, will only cause you more frustration.

are there any good alternatives to this worthless sham of a company??
Old 2nd January 2011
Lives for gear

Paypal has buyer protection...

But your spot on about the charges!
Old 2nd January 2011
Gear Guru

That was the issue, you don't have you bank account tied with your paypal.
Old 2nd January 2011

I had that - turned out the credit card was down to it's last month. Changed it for the new one - problem went away.
Old 2nd January 2011
Lives for gear

blackback, yes they have supposed buyer protection, but from what i've heard it's not very good. have much more confidence in my credit card company

allaboutone, i do have a bank account and a credit card linked to my account. they are forcing me to use the bank account rather than giving an option

narcoman, thanks for the info, i will see if changing credit cards makes a difference.
Old 3rd January 2011
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyc View Post
blackback, yes they have supposed buyer protection, but from what i've heard it's not very good. have much more confidence in my credit card company

allaboutone, i do have a bank account and a credit card linked to my account. they are forcing me to use the bank account rather than giving an option

narcoman, thanks for the info, i will see if changing credit cards makes a difference.
Now that is crazy indeed.
Old 3rd January 2011
Lives for gear

I believe this is something a seller can do, and one may have done it to me in the past - setup paypal so that the funds have to come from a bank as opposed to a credit card. Lower fees that way.
Old 4th January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagavulin16 View Post
I believe this is something a seller can do, and one may have done it to me in the past - setup paypal so that the funds have to come from a bank as opposed to a credit card. Lower fees that way.
hmmm was unaware of this, but thanks for the info

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search