The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
So, Paramore are manufactured? Dynamic Microphones
Old 29th December 2010
Lives for gear

So, Paramore are manufactured?

http://joshnfarro.blogspot.com/2010/...statement.html
Well, the truth's now come out. In a weird way I always suspected it but didn't want to believe it, if that makes any sense. It used to be that Hayley was the band, but at least they made an effort to make it look like every decision was made as a band. Now it's just - here's Paramore, I mean, Hayley Williams! Oh, and the other guys in the background.

Just another day for the corrosive forces of major labels. dfegad

I love Paramore's music, but just like Maroon 5, it's a shame to find out that they're just another manufactured band.
Old 29th December 2010
Lives for gear

Yup! Just like an ugly plastic tacky trinket from Walmart... just like that vile tasteless grey "burger" from McDonalds... the bland vanilla pop "music" of Paramore is as prefabricated as they come.

Are you really so gullible that you thought that fake **** was real and not just the creation of middle age producers and buttloads of marketing and hype?

Unless you're the average uncool teenage girl or some sad emo-boy (really also just a teenage girl), you should have known better.

But don't worry, you'll grow out of it...

And Moron5? Really... really?
Old 29th December 2010
Crazy.....As they say in the Wizard of Oz: "Pay no attention to what's behind the curtain"

Star making machinery
Old 29th December 2010
T1M
Gear Maniac

Not surprising. Haley Williams sounds like a c*nt.
Old 29th December 2010
Gear Addict

this seemed obvious the whole time
Old 29th December 2010
Here for the gear

Manufactured

It is really sad to admit that today's music is totally manufactured by the industry and talented young musicians (with not only dreams but also a vision) are put aside and given the chance "if" only behave like slaves and never ever disagree or question labels authority.
To be honest, I do not think this pattern will change in the near future, and if you guys think to pursue a career in music, don't fool yourself up thinking "I CAN DO ANYTHING I WANT" because your WILL depends on morons with a lack of love and/or respect for the art of music. Try to set your mind in a different way and make music just for the love of it.
Your best chance (not your only by anymeans) if you dream with the big megastar idea is AMERICAN IDOL.......I'm sorry
Old 29th December 2010
Gear Maniac

Haven't read the article yet but not surprising, and really standard.

I read Williams was a student of ... what's his name, Bret Manning I think? Like she had rich parents or something and she got vocal lessons from him and all that.

So yeah, pretty standard. Plastic people.

A fine little girl
She waits for me
She's as plastic
As she can be
She paints her face
With plastic goo
And wrecks her hair
With some shampoo

Plastic people
Oh baby, now
You're such a drag
Old 29th December 2010
Gear Maniac

What's really bad about the major record labels isn't put together bands like Paramore or whoever the ****, it's that they get their hands into the government and influence legislation.

A perfect example is Obama getting tons of campaign donations by the RIAA, appointing 5 former RIAA lawyers to the DOJ, then the DOJ siding with the RIAA saying 150k per song downloaded isn't an excessive fine, and other **** like proposed legislation to seize foreign domain names for copyright infringement and all that ****ing bull****.

Major record labels are scum, and not just because of their plastic music. They're actually involved in the degradation of democracy and shredding the constitution.
Old 29th December 2010
OK pardon my french but : Are you ****ing kidding me guys? Please tell me this is a joke thread...

How is this at all in any way surprising?

I mean beyond the fact that all pop music in fact all signed acts are just that, acts, products, part of the machine for better or worse, but how can you not instantly hear that this is super generic cookie cutter corporock custom built for tweenieboppers at Macy's and HBO soundtracks?

Seriously, stop watching X-Factor, go out to your local pub/club/music venue of choice, listen to some real live bands, ideally not major acts, come back to music when you can tell the difference.
Old 29th December 2010

indeed!
Old 29th December 2010
Lives for gear

So, Paramore are manufactured?

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1M
Not surprising. Haley Williams sounds like a c*nt.
She is. A total jackass of an embarrassment in real life.
Old 29th December 2010
Deleted User #43636
Quote:
Originally Posted by LirvA View Post

Major record labels are scum, and not just because of their plastic music. They're actually involved in the degradation of democracy and shredding the constitution.
+1000. It's true in almost every western country, not just the U.S.
Old 29th December 2010
Lives for gear

To be fair, I always saw her as the band, as in, Paramore was Hayley, like Evanescence was Amy Lee.

I didn't realise they were this manufactured though - I thought the band had got together and gotten to a good live standard and the labels picked them up but put her at the forefront because it's fairly standard to have a female fronted act pretty much entirely about the woman.

It makes me more sad to realise how much of an ass Hayley apparantly is - but hey, Madonna's ambitious and knows what she wants and as she says, "If that makes me a bitch, oh well". It's a damn shame but nice guys always finish last.
Old 29th December 2010
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTSH View Post
To be fair, I always saw her as the band, as in, Paramore was Hayley, like Evanescence was Amy Lee.

I didn't realise they were this manufactured though - I thought the band had got together and gotten to a good live standard and the labels picked them up but put her at the forefront because it's fairly standard to have a female fronted act pretty much entirely about the woman.

It makes me more sad to realise how much of an ass Hayley apparantly is - but hey, Madonna's ambitious and knows what she wants and as she says, "If that makes me a bitch, oh well". It's a damn shame but nice guys always finish last.
In Evanescence's case they were a band and then the fame got to Amy Lee's head and it became "her". They used to be a pretty good band but now it seems just a vehicle for her neurosis. She was supposed to already have a new album out this past summer but apparently it didn't work out to well in the studio and has been postponed, probably because her "old" band are the ones that helped write the material that made them popular.
Old 29th December 2010
Gear Guru

I read it and one word came to mind.

DRAMA!!!!!

This kid needed to take the time to blog this?? lol lol
Old 29th December 2010
Lives for gear

I love the double lol
Old 29th December 2010
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Kuras View Post

DRAMA!!!!!

I especially loved all the bible quotes :rolleyes:
Old 29th December 2010
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Kuras View Post

DRAMA!!!!!

LOL. So in the end, the difference between this kid's experience and everyone else who ever played in a band is that he got to play lots of gigs, record some records on someone else's dime, and make some money. The grass is always greener, I suppose.
Old 29th December 2010
Gear Nut

Lol, well bringing God into it brings credibility… not from Marylyn Manson et al lol, but whoever the dumb f*cks. And I'm down with God, but fu*k that stupid sh*t I read... and yep, unfortunately, I did read that fu*king blog from some other recent post here about this sh*t and it totally ruined my recent lip-piercing experience, as it was all I could think about during. In any case wake the fu*k up, just about all you see on the Ol’ Plasma is… ah fu*k it, why ain’t you out gettin’ wasted like you should at your age? Get to sneakin’ out your bedroom window already, jack you a bottle of Mad Dog and hang the fu*k out under the viaduct with the dregs cuz trust me, they have more to offer than… like other flavors of Mad Dog… did you know there are several?? I mean other than Orange Jubilee?! Word under the viaduct is there’s a Bubble Gum flavor!
Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

Is it so surprising ?
just like any pop band, you wrap it up, invent a great story and off you go.
Joke just like Cheryl Cole ... nice (plastic) face... and that's it.
Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

I noticed this sort of thing a few years back with One Step Closer by Linkin Park. Damned song was built like a Hollywood movie, even had the video to match. Seems the industry won't be satisfied til they've infested all genres
Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

None of this changes they were a great band with great songs. And Hayley
must have had MEGA balls at the age of 14 to tell a record company she
wanted to do a band thing rather than be a pop star.

I don't think anyone here can judge really.. walk a mile and all that.
Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

Daddy and money can get you a long way ... but its all good, eventually she will sell him out as well.
Nothing wrong with being fake is there ?
Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHook View Post
None of this changes they were a great band with great songs. And Hayley
must have had MEGA balls at the age of 14 to tell a record company she
wanted to do a band thing rather than be a pop star.

I don't think anyone here can judge really.. walk a mile and all that.
Great band with great songs? Please tell me you're kidding. I'm not arguing that the lads in the band can't play. In fact I think they play well but a GREAT band? Nope. And crap songs. Pure utter drivel. They couldn't write their way out of a paper bag.
Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac black View Post
Daddy and money can get you a long way ... but its all good, eventually she will sell him out as well.
Nothing wrong with being fake is there ?
Where's the fake? Apparently she can write and she can sing. Way more than a lot of very respected people like Whitney Houston and Beyonce (writing wise). Don't be a hater because her father believed in her and took the time and effort to make it happen.
Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by creegstor View Post
Great band with great songs? Please tell me you're kidding. I'm not arguing that the lads in the band can't play. In fact I think they play well but a GREAT band? Nope. And crap songs. Pure utter drivel. They couldn't write their way out of a paper bag.
Your songs are obviously vastly superior because they seem to be selling in boat loads, eh?
Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

This bit of the blog did amuse me:

For example, “the truth never set me free”, which contradicts what the Bible says in John 8:32 (“and you shall know the truth, and the truth shall sat you free”). We fought her about how her lyrics misrepresented our band and what we stood for.

Rock on Hayley!
Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmark View Post
This bit of the blog did amuse me:

For example, “the truth never set me free”, which contradicts what the Bible says in John 8:32 (“and you shall know the truth, and the truth shall sat you free”). We fought her about how her lyrics misrepresented our band and what we stood for.

Rock on Hayley!
Now we have the full circle of hate! Silly rock bands and religion! Congrats on your intolerance!
Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

Two members have left a band for personal reasons. That happens every day.
Dad with money . . or anyone else with money. You have to invest in a talent in the beginning, if it's poprock or death metal. To communicate an artist or a band costs money, so far my experience. I would prefer family business over any other management any time. Who can you trust more than your own breed.
Certain people had the ability to see her talent and believed in it before everything got varified by a huge audience and by millions who bought her records. So those people made a great job because their were right in chosen her*, right with the song picking and right with the production.

*Yes, it's about her. In the beginning of a bands career (or no career) it's all about the singer

Bands come together in different ways.
Paramore is not a created product made by a producer who casted the band members and let them sing already written songs chosen from various song writers. Avril Lavigne would fit better in this category

My definition of 'manufactured' does not match with Paramore. They got help, support and adjustment.

In general I can't see any difference between Paramore and any other (rock)band that is a part of the major league.
Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTSH View Post
Your songs are obviously vastly superior because they seem to be selling in boat loads, eh?
My songs are vastly superior and I've no doubt they will sell in boatloads. Or maybe you think songs only become great songs after they've sold in boatloads?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search