The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Logic crashes constantly, I must finish the song!!! DAW Software
Old 28th December 2010
Here for the gear

Logic crashes constantly, I must finish the song!!!

Hi!

I'm running a 13" macbookpro from 2010, logic pro 9.11 and a M-audio fast track usMKII soundcard, but I have the same problems no matter if I use the internal macbook soundcard or the one from m-audio.

I've been working on a project for some time, it's a big project with many plug-ins, many instruments and channels. After a while the sound started to hack when I played parts with all channels running at the same time and I recieved the "error while trying to synchronize audio and midi" as well as "sample rate blablabla detected", and after a while Logic crashed.

After some troubleshooting I discovered that this might be due to the overload of plugins etc, so I froze some tracks.
It solved the sound lag problem as well as the error messages, but logic still crashes after a while, no matter which part of the song I play or where, it always crashes.
This is what the error log sais

Thread (7,8, or whatever) Crashed
0 libSystem.B.dylib 0x9949828e __semwait_signal_nocancel + 10
1 libSystem.B.dylib 0x99498172 nanosleep$NOCANCEL$UNIX2003 + 166
2 libSystem.B.dylib 0x9951303a usleep$NOCANCEL$UNIX2003 + 61
3 libSystem.B.dylib 0x99534685 __abort + 136
4 libSystem.B.dylib 0x995346f5 abort_report_np + 0
5 com.apple.logic.pro 0x00405649 std::ostream& TraceOutContainer<CEvs>(std::ostream&, CEvs, char const*, int) + 3974297
6 libSystem.B.dylib 0x994911fb _sigtramp + 43
7 ??? 0x0000000a 0 + 10

Now Logic crashes after a minute or so in each song I play! what am I supposed to do? I havent made any changes or anything in my drivers or sofware. THIS SUCKS! HELP!
Old 28th December 2010
Gear Head

i would run memtest on your memory to make sure one of your sticks hasn't gone bad.

Memtest86+ on Intel Mac
Old 30th December 2010
Gear Maniac

^

exactly what I was gonna say

+1, run memtest
Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

Trash your preferences. heh
Old 31st December 2010
Gear Head

Next project,

Get Pro Tools.

dfegadLogic "Pro".

And I was a Logic user since 2001.

No more waiting to see if Apple fixes it so it just does not crash anymore.
Old 31st December 2010
Lives for gear

The simple answer is, from what I'm reading is, you're flatlining your MacBook, I personally find them far too lightweight for anything serious - thats why many use MacPro's and save on these sorts of headaches.

The only thing you can do is freeze your tracks, the problem that you'll find then when you start freezing lots of tracks - you start getting disk I/O problems with large amounts of data as your tracks then get streamed from disk. You could bounce down your tracks which would save some grief depending how many bounced tracks you're streaming at once.

Have a look in the computer section - there's a thread called logic benchmark test, or something like that - you'll see for yourself how many tracks can be run on many of the Mac models out there, it'll give you some idea of what is a worth while buy to get away from problems like this.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search