The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nyc is a complete disaster Recorders, Players & Tape Machines
Old 29th December 2010

Slutty proposal:

Turn your system all the way up, so
the soundwaves will melt the solid water

Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

All those warmer drier winters caught up eh? I live in south east Virginia and we havnt had any decent snows for 20 years and now wow..this cold must be from all that global warming...
Quote:
Originally Posted by maks View Post
NYC has no money to pay the sanitation department to plow the streets after the monster blizzard, the streets have abandoned cars everywhere and no plows in sight for the 2nd day. Emergency units cannot respond to 911 calls because the streets are impossible to get through. Ambulances are stuck, and no plows, fire department trucks are working as towing trucks. This is embarrassing. And what nerve do the sanitation workers have to abandon their city in such a time? Where the F**k has all the money gone? into rich politicians pockets and iraq, and we tax payers get nothing. GO USA!!! Its complete chaos on the streets , people stuck in trains, in cars, no way to get to work, yet the news channels are keeping everything silent and jolly! talk about state controlled press. A shame for this city that i love, its going down the tubes.
Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeq View Post
This is not really a problem. All you have to do is hook a wire around its legs and you can knock it down:
Nice one ! I had a good chuckle over that heh.
Old 30th December 2010
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimsi View Post
All those warmer drier winters caught up eh? I live in south east Virginia and we havnt had any decent snows for 20 years and now wow..this cold must be from all that global warming...
weather is not climate

2010 = warmest year on record for Planet Earth as a whole

2000-2010 = warmest decade on record for the planet as whole

one decent snow in 20 years is hardly a reversal of a trend

Even so, a little snow ≠ "cold". When I was a kid, we New Yorkers could skate on the ponds all winter Outdoor skating, what a concept.

Up until about the 1950's, the Hudson River would regularly freeze solid enough so that people could walk or even drive their cars across.

Every weather chart zig-zags up and down, but nowadays more up than down. This weekend, it will be in the mid 40's in NY, it will rain, not snow, the global warming 'skeptics' will be strangely silent, and nobody will be giving Mayor Bloomberg any credit for all the Melting.
Old 30th December 2010
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeq View Post
weather is not climate

2010 = warmest year on record for Planet Earth as a whole

2000-2010 = warmest decade on record for the planet as whole

one decent snow in 20 years is hardly a reversal of a trend

Even so, a little snow ≠ "cold". When I was a kid, we New Yorkers could skate on the ponds all winter Outdoor skating, what a concept.

Up until about the 1950's, the Hudson River would regularly freeze solid enough so that people could walk or even drive their cars across.

Every weather chart zig-zags up and down, but nowadays more up than down. This weekend, it will be in the mid 40's in NY, it will rain, not snow, the global warming 'skeptics' will be strangely silent, and nobody will be giving Mayor Bloomberg any credit for all the Melting.
Oh yeah, 2 of the coldest winters here in SC in many many years back to back....Gobal Warming
Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

I'm thrilled to be living in a warming phase. I'm even running a coal burning SUV to help things along. I hate the cold.
Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

hehQuote: At least there are no zombies . Yep,esp. Zombies in Manhattan. Hey! Good title for a Pop tune.
Old 30th December 2010
Take it to the next level: "Zombies in Zanhattan."
Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithcok View Post
Why no money?

Search for info on NYC Medicaid problems, MTA corruption, and the big one - (drum roll) public union pensions and salaries...

It's definitely not a problem with the tax rates (as between federal, state, and city, it's quite near 50%... aka confiscatory!), although this doesn't excuse the miles of loopholes and dodges created by all the people in bed with politicians.

/end politicaldiscussionsongearslutz
Want an example of where NYC money goes? My apologies in advance to Jules (and everyone else).

Mayor Bloomberg says there's no turning back on CityTime, project must see completion
Old 30th December 2010
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas W. Bethe View Post
One problem with a lot or what is happening in New York is because a lot of the people who are trying to drive is because they HAVE TO or risk losing their income or their jobs. They call their boss to tell them that they are stuck at home because of the snow. The boss says "if you don't make it in today you will not get paid and if you do not make it in tomorrow you will get fired". Not a lot of options.
I find this hard to believe, why? well if you are many others cannot get to work then who can? Who are they gonna hire? someone whom happens to live next door to the business? a homeless guy walking the streets? This is all BS to me, the snow will melt in time, I say tell them to calm there yankee a** down.
Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAboutTone View Post
I find this hard to believe, why? well if you are many others cannot get to work then who can? Who are they gonna hire? someone whom happens to live next door to the business? a homeless guy walking the streets? This is all BS to me, the snow will melt in time, I say tell them to calm there yankee a** down.
it doesnt matter. They'll fire you and hire the next person JUST to fire you. They'll pay good money to train the next person, too. I got ordered to the doctor with the flu the day of the storm, when not only couldnt you drive, but there were no busses or subways running, either.
Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimsi View Post
this cold must be from all that global warming...
Funny you should mention it. When asking, "where is all this additional moisture coming from?" the science has proven that it's the melting of the Arctic which facilitates these snowfalls. Feel free to do your own checking.

I love when this point backfires on the environmental de-nihilist. (see what I did there?)
Old 30th December 2010
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeydego View Post
it doesnt matter. They'll fire you and hire the next person JUST to fire you. They'll pay good money to train the next person, too. I got ordered to the doctor with the flu the day of the storm, when not only couldnt you drive, but there were no busses or subways running, either.
I understand, they are people from up there down here, however they are few thank god, the teenagers/adults that do work for them end up getting fired or just quitting because they cannot put up with it.
So we stay out from people like this, they are mainly Greeks and Jews, they are really nice people but you just cannot work for them, Greeks and people from the south don't make a good work source.
Otherwise like I said they are really nice people meeting them on the street. I have nothing against Greeks and Jews, hell I love there food......
Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

I think its sad that the US gov. can't even care about there own people like this weather prob, Katrina, the really bad health care etc etc.... and that they spend so ridiculous much on wars... I think it is a problem that is so going out of hand that the US can't go back...
For the rest... I have no problem AT all with americans them selves its your gov that just pissing me off.
Old 31st December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMauce View Post
I think its sad that the US gov. can't even care about there own people like this weather prob, Katrina, the really bad health care etc etc.... and that they spend so ridiculous much on wars... I think it is a problem that is so going out of hand that the US can't go back...
For the rest... I have no problem AT all with americans them selves its your gov that just pissing me off.
silly americans. Landing on Nomandy and such. Shoulda kept their nose out of it and provided healthcare for the lazy. Can we kill this thread now?
Old 31st December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMauce View Post
Make absolutely no mistake. If Joeydego works for the city of New York he is VERY well taken care of with respect to health care benifits when compared to anywhere else in the U.S. or world for that matter. And for the rest of his life should he retire in good standing.

Now if he says he has the flu he MIGHT actually have to go to the Dr in ordered to be able to take advantage of paid time off.........
Old 31st December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike O View Post
Now if he says he has the flu he MIGHT actually have to go to the Dr in ordered to be able to take advantage of paid time off.........
not only my doctor, THEIR doctor as well. We do not have unlimited sick leave, we earn a day a month. Using sick time is almost equal to killing a little girls puppy to them. I can see requiring a note, but sending me to a doctor who isnt allowed to treat me is just a huge waste of money. On a positive note, I have new years off now! Too bad the flu is putting a damper on it though.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search