The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Sick for Xmas.... Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 24th December 2010
Lives for gear

Sick for Xmas....

Wow.... so I wont be seeing my grandmother for our yearly meal, because I'm sick. this ****ing blows. Seriously. Blows.... bad. FML
Old 24th December 2010
That stinks. I empathize with you, I've had two different flus in the last 7 weeks. How far away from Grandma are you?
Old 24th December 2010
Lives for gear

A long way mate. She is old, my concern would be getting her sick, elderly kick off from the flu. I already rescheduled my flight for new years. I just miss her a lot. was really looking forward to seeing her. Of course she is totally ok with the idea and understands. But in the end that does not make it any more fun to sit alone on xmas, for me, but especially for her.
Old 24th December 2010
Gear Maniac

Start taking vitamin D. After getting vaccinated every year, I decided this year I wouldn't take the shot and take instead vitamin D. Results:

With the vaccines: I got the flu 3 to 4 times a year.
With vitamin D: I just got sick 1 time this year, and it last only 4 days.
Old 24th December 2010
Lives for gear

Vaccines are bogus, there are several hundreds different variations of the flu virus.
Old 24th December 2010
Gear Guru

Same here, AAT is sick for christmas, went to Disney World for 9 days, came back and hit this cold air and been sick mostly ever since outside of a few days, feels like the flu but no fever, I got some drugs yesterday that cost 120.00 and it was all generic , all I can say I had better get better for that price.

This ****e sucks......energy level is low.

Get well soon.

How many other Slutz are sick for the holidays ?
Old 24th December 2010
Lives for gear

Same to you ATT.

I have what feels like strep throat, but with no fever, just stuffy & clammy. Not sure what to make of it, I did run an extremely low grade fever last night 97-98 but it was never one of those shivering 'imma die' deals.

But oh boy, when I woke up this morning and couldn't swallow without it feeling like razors and glass I just knew it must be Christmas eve.
Old 24th December 2010
Lives for gear

I exercise and eat well, and with the exception of a terrible stomach flu that was just unavoidable, I rarely get sick.
Old 25th December 2010
Lives for gear

Sorry for the sick slutz!

May Santa bring you all a bottle of the *good* cough medicine.
Old 25th December 2010
Lives for gear

Sick for Xmas....

Oh yer started feeling queazy last night ,developed into full stomach bug this morning , crimbo was cancelled for me :-( sick out of both ends , wify says it's the worst crimbo ever !!
Old 25th December 2010
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boschen View Post
Sorry for the sick slutz!

May Santa bring you all a bottle of the *good* cough medicine.
Well Santa did bring me a large bottle of Crown Dark.
Old 25th December 2010
Gear Head

change that "for" into "of" cause i hate that sh*t!
Old 26th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by xManuelx View Post
change that "for" into "of" cause i hate that sh*t!
Cool! And you play guitar... what a rebel, so original.
Old 26th December 2010
Lives for gear

GET WELL, GUYS ! Tough go fer the Holidays.
Old 26th December 2010
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloween View Post
Cool! And you play guitar... what a rebel, so original.
you can celebrate that sh*t if you want, i don't care. but i don't need a special day on the calendar to show my people that i love them!
Old 26th December 2010
Gear Guru

xManualx, I really don't care for family time all that much, but family rely on those special visits at specials times of the year. My mom is all I have left parent wise, even though my mom drives me crazy and dwells on everything thats wrong with her or everything that might be wrong with her, I still go see her, honor your father and mother, thats not just a saying.

I'm sure the OP grandmother understands because he is sick and at the same time sad because he could not make it.
Old 26th December 2010
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by xManuelx View Post
you can celebrate that sh*t if you want, i don't care. but i don't need a special day on the calendar to show my people that i love them!
2 Thumbs way up!
Old 26th December 2010
Gear Maniac

I've been real sick over the holidays, but this has been going on for seven weeks now. My preliminary diagnosis is diverticulitis, but I'm waiting on some test results.
Old 27th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmike View Post
I've been real sick over the holidays, but this has been going on for seven weeks now. My preliminary diagnosis is diverticulitis, but I'm waiting on some test results.
No clue what that is, but I'll send you positive energy!

And to the guy that hates his family or whatever. I really wish you didn't feel that way, I'm sure you have your reasons, and in your mind they are reasonable. I just couldn't imagine holding so much hate inside of me, total waste of energy. I love you man.
Old 27th December 2010
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmike View Post
My mother-in-law has had that going on 5 years, she says its hell, she has had 3 colon surgerys.
Old 27th December 2010
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAboutTone View Post
My mother-in-law has had that going on 5 years, she says its hell, she has had 3 colon surgerys.
I had it before in 1998 and spent three weeks in the hospital on morphine, along with the colon surgery. It's not fun. I'm hoping it can stopped before surgery.

Mike McRoberts
Old 27th December 2010
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloween View Post
No clue what that is, but I'll send you positive energy!
Thanks!
Old 27th December 2010
Lives for gear

I feel ya, just recovering from pneumonia and collapsed lung ... nasty stuff.
was bed (sofa) ridden for a couple of weeks with pains for over a month... wife helped a lot, and a few a&e doctors.
wish you all a healthy 2011 !!!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search