The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Stereomixer, could you please tell us the deal with Paramore?
Old 23rd December 2010
Stereomixer, could you please tell us the deal with Paramore?

Some real heavy stuff said by Josh Farro this week regarding Paramores provenance, if you haven't read it, it's in this months altpress (altpress.com). Understandably you don't want to offend any parties but could you shed some light on whether this legit or not? If you hate Paramore, there are lots of other threads. Try a different one.
Old 23rd December 2010
Gear Nut

Pretty interesting read about some dudes and their instruments and a girl with red hair and big dreams. There's romance, betrayal and hit songs. Just wow!
Old 23rd December 2010
I won't lie, I called this one when I first heard Misery Business. Something seemed very "perfect" about them and there would always be one amazing song per album. I'm kinda happy I'm right but, without that guy behind the drums it won't be Paramore.
Old 23rd December 2010
Lives for gear

So I take it you are pretty upset Jordan? Its a hard thing to go through, and if you need someone to talk to, feel free to call.
Old 24th December 2010
If I'm not sure how to feel can I still call?
Old 24th December 2010
How does it feel being lied to?
Old 24th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Lago View Post
how does it feel having a mohawk like Mr.T hit you with a Mohawk Grenade.
Old 24th December 2010
Gear Guru

wow I will say one thing, Alternative Press has really gone down hill. It used to be somewhat decent in the early 90's when I used to read it.
Old 24th December 2010
Lives for gear

What? Everything these days is better than it ever was.
You must be old & out of touch.
Old 24th December 2010
Deleted #157546
Interesting. Thanks for posting this.
Old 24th December 2010
Quote:

Let us all come together in true spirit of Christmas and show our love and support to thousands of innocent people who have been lied to and who are now devastated by all this.

We will get through this together
Old 24th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:

"Ever feel like you've been cheated?"

---said to audience by Johnny Rotten, January 1978, as he walked off the stage in San Francisco at the end of the Sex Pistols first American Tour...

Old 25th December 2010
Quote:
I'm not sure. I thought I would enjoy this moment more but I think I drank some bad eggnog and I've felt weird since.
Old 27th December 2010
Wait, they're CCM?

I had no idea.
Old 2nd January 2011
I guess I am going to have to come up for an idea for a new snare now. darn.
It is all actually pretty sad, no big mystery really, just kids growing up and growing apart.

There was nothing staged or fake about the RIOT at least for me. Actually it was a very exciting experience and everyone came to work hard and they did.
It was always Hayley...and the band. I guess the guys just wanted to move on and make their own statement. I hope everything works out for everyone, they are all very talented, especially Hayley an Josh. I guess we will see soon enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanvoth View Post
Some real heavy stuff said by Josh Farro this week regarding Paramores provenance, if you haven't read it, it's in this months altpress (altpress.com). Understandably you don't want to offend any parties but could you shed some light on whether this legit or not? If you hate Paramore, there are lots of other threads. Try a different one.
Old 2nd January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by stereomixer View Post
I guess I am going to have to come up for an idea for a new snare now. darn.

well done sir, well done. heh

best,

jchristopherhughes

p.s. nice job with the cavo boys, david. their record sounds great. glad to see them finally getting somewhere. good dudes. hard workers. much like paramore...they have been at it a long time. funny how that hard work stuff seems to go along with success. mostly, the hard work that no one actually sees except those doing it.
Old 2nd January 2011

Quote:
I guess the guys just wanted to move on and make their own statement. I hope everything works out for everyone, they are all very talented, especially Hayley an Josh. I guess we will see soon enough.
..... they've done it in a very stupid brattish way though.
Old 2nd January 2011
Lives for gear

So easy to judge when you haven't walked a mile..

Great band with great songs. But i guess i started to doubt their decision
making ability when they decided NOT to go with David after riot. That
was crazy to me.
Old 2nd January 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanvoth View Post
it's in this months altpress (altpress.com).

I feel like I just read TMZ ...
Old 3rd January 2011
I think when you have literally been in a bubble for 7 years, most of them formative, something is going to shake loose. Imagine seeing that much of the world (5 world tours) , being able to buy a house and a car, and being interviewed 20 times a day for 5 of those years. Then you have to write music, try and have relationships with your family, and at the same time learn about yourself.
I truly do not believe this business is for everyone. "Bratty" maybe...But if you were never around for your parents to teach you in the first place, then life becomes much more difficult.
We all know that the best records, and the best music comes from people in trouble, or recognizing trouble around them. Most of my favorites died young, or should have. This business can kill you if you let it, we have all seen that. Please don't think this band is any different from any of the young musicians you might know today. Being rich and young is sometimes as bad as being broke, even worse, especially if you never asked for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narcoman View Post
..... they've done it in a very stupid brattish way though.
Old 3rd January 2011
Quote:
Being rich and young is sometimes as bad as being broke, even worse, especially if you never asked for it.
Very true. It sucks cause they have a great sound, a lot of ho-hum material (on their new album anyways) which could stem from this very thing.
Old 3rd January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Being rich and young is sometimes as bad as being broke, even worse, especially if you never asked for it.
Without being insulting or condescending , I think that is taking it a bit too far .
I'd bet the homeless "kids" selling the Big Issue would gladly trade their life's pain at the drop of a hat .
Old 3rd January 2011

Quote:
I think when you have literally been in a bubble for 7 years, most of them formative, something is going to shake loose. Imagine seeing that much of the world (5 world tours) , being able to buy a house and a car, and being interviewed 20 times a day for 5 of those years. Then you have to write music, try and have relationships with your family, and at the same time learn about yourself.
I truly do not believe this business is for everyone. "Bratty" maybe...But if you were never around for your parents to teach you in the first place, then life becomes much more difficult.
We all know that the best records, and the best music comes from people in trouble, or recognizing trouble around them. Most of my favorites died young, or should have. This business can kill you if you let it, we have all seen that. Please don't think this band is any different from any of the young musicians you might know today. Being rich and young is sometimes as bad as being broke, even worse, especially if you never asked for it.
All good reasons why the youth preying nature of some of the music business is wrong. Why on earth do people work with kids? It's abusive..... on two levels. For every Justin Bieber (sp?) theres a thousand kids that fail (and causes them no end of mental damage). Then there are the Biebers themselves. What happens to him when he inevitably falls?

Second - there are plenty of other youngsters who've managed to come through this without turning into "brats".....

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search