The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Apple Sucks Plugin Bundles
Old 18th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gussyg2007 View Post
all mac softs work perfectly on a hack
I am running 10.6.5 retail SL
All my softs run 100%
Really?! Wow, cool. I'll have to do some research on the idea. I've always purchased refurb or used simply because I don't want to pay full retail.

This sounds like a viable alternative.

Thanks for the info gussyg2007!
Old 18th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by soupking View Post
Really?! Wow, cool. I'll have to do some research on the idea. I've always purchased refurb or used simply because I don't want to pay full retail.

This sounds like a viable alternative.

Thanks for the info gussyg2007!
I will never ever pay full retail for a mac ever again, jeez they are dead in no time at all ,I buy for nothing so I can upgrade regularly and the computer has paid for itself ,if I buy mac I would have to wait years before I could justify buying a new one fuuck Steve .....release OS X for PC .... Change the world !!!
Old 19th December 2010
Lives for gear

Apple is a hardware company. They make software to run on their hardware. If they released OS X for PC, it wouldn't last long for Macs or PC's because Apple wouldn't be making anymore money to continue.

The questions...

"Why should I pay for a Mac when I just can run OS X on a PC?"

and

"Why should I pay for software when I can just get it for free?"

...aren't that different.

Some people just don't get it...
Old 19th December 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_monkey View Post
Mac mini isn't really designed as a computer for digital audio - it's meant to be the equivalent of a netbook or home computer.

having 2 FW ports and only one buss isn't really any different to having one port and daisy chaining.
I've run 32-40 tracks of audio with more than enough plug-ins to do a full production on a Mac Mini - it's a surprisingly powerful little box.
Old 19th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by theproduca View Post
Express Card? I need that.
I use this one:

Belkin : USB 2.0 en FireWire ExpressCard™
Old 19th December 2010
Lives for gear

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by gussyg2007 View Post
I will never ever pay full retail for a mac ever again, jeez they are dead in no time at all ,I buy for nothing so I can upgrade regularly and the computer has paid for itself ,if I buy mac I would have to wait years before I could justify buying a new one fuuck Steve .....release OS X for PC .... Change the world !!!
Are you talking bout hardware or software? I had a powerbook G4 for about 7 years til I messed up the power input, instead of just buy a power supply or NEW Battery. Still have a Quicksilver 733, my first BIG purchase back before my Powerbook...10+ years. Still running for me, iMOVIE HD in the den. iMAC Blueberry, still running, was using it to change my sounds via Digital Performer/MTPAV/FREEMIDI. In fact, gave my niece my PC instead to play with because she can destroy the PC and I wouldn't mind. g4 450, what I use NOW for FREEMIDI, only because it's footprint is smaller than the iMac bubble. ALL still kicking with NO problem. Currently what I'm typing on..MACBOOKPRO 13'3 NEW, and MACMINI for the studio. Both 2.4Ghz. Interchangable and dual partition for session completion in the midst of trouble....LOL. APPLE FOREVER HERE, NO FAILURES>>>>>>>ALL LUVVVV.
Old 19th December 2010
Lives for gear

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantrum The Cat View Post
I've run 32-40 tracks of audio with more than enough plug-ins to do a full production on a Mac Mini - it's a surprisingly powerful little box.
At a 4th of the price of a MAC PRO........no cards needed anymore with 9 NATIVE!!! EXCELLENT BUY at 799 LOADED!! The PTHD people have to be SICK right now, except for maybe the video industry.
Old 19th December 2010
Lives for gear

Well I am totally ITB so I need all the horse power I can get !
Try running BFD, waldorf largo and trillion on an old machine and see how far you get .... Believe me not very far
I have an i7 with 8 gig of ram sl 10.6.5 and since logic has gone 64 bit my life is a breeze, so I'm future proof and running loads of tasty plugs with very low latency
Old 19th December 2010
Lives for gear

Cool

SWEET!!! Forgot about plugs, prolly cause I rarely use em with me little bit of outboard stuff. You're correct, but it's not a HP/VaiO/Toshiba, and that's my point.
Old 19th December 2010
Lives for gear

I am with you buddy.

I still have not forgiven them for taking Logic away from me!
Old 19th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
I wish I could just plug the thing in and go.
As in "It just works"?

Quote:
I don't have to worry about viruses ever (provided I don't go opening or downloading malware).
Now there is a brilliant statement. I don't get viruses on my PC either unless I use a funnel and pour them in like motor oil

Quote:
If I didn't already own over $3000 in Mac-based software, I would heavily consider it..
all mac softs work perfectly on a hack
I am running 10.6.5 retail SL
All my softs run 100%
Yeah, that's the whole idea behind a Hackintosh, to be able to run Mac software. Hackintosh ... Macintosh ... get it? But you knew that already!

Quote:
Enjoy crash central, along with bad updates every 2-3 days to correct something bad every 2-3 minutes!!!! Jus kidding......no I'm NOT.
It's time you upgraded your Windows 95 setup.

Mac really does do audio a lot better than Winders. Good audio technology still eludes a multimillion-dollar corporation like Microsoft. Windows audio is a train wreck which never seems to be up to snuff. Winders users: thank your lucky stars Steinberg invented ASIO.
Old 19th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by theproduca View Post
APPLE IS THE BEST!! NO VIRUSES FOR 20 YEARS..starting with my first IIci!!
You and I must have bought in at the same exact time. Guess you were too cheap for that IIfx as well. heh

Unfortunately, I'm probably closer to Soupking's position on it nowadays. I went dual platform in the mid-nineties and gradually shifted completely over to PC, with my last Mac being from the "Digital Audio" G4 series. Too much hassle constantly being left behind and having to sell off and replace my whole rig.

Take Care
Old 19th December 2010
Lives for gear

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jidis View Post
You and I must have bought in at the same exact time. Guess you were too cheap for that IIfx as well. heh

Unfortunately, I'm probably closer to Soupking's position on it nowadays. I went dual platform in the mid-nineties and gradually shifted completely over to PC, with my last Mac being from the "Digital Audio" G4 series. Too much hassle constantly being left behind and having to sell off and replace my whole rig.

Take Care
WOW!! How's the WINDOWS OP Systems working for you? Any registry errors lately? Make sure when you delete something, your whole operating system not going with it. It's the Op Sys, though I can't see spemmding more than 5 hundred on a PC that have the GEEK Squad standing by taking advantage of unsuspecting parents.....mainly well to do, paying them money to format a HD or clean registry errors.......MYFASTPC.com///////HUH? LOL
Enjoy.
Old 19th December 2010
Apple, Microsoft and this thread = all sucks.
Old 19th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quick, kill this thread before the undead Mac/PC war monster rises! DO IT NOW!!
Old 20th December 2010
Gear Maniac

i think mac computers are great. i use one and like it a lot. however, i do have a huge beef with apple's ruthless, aggressive advertising campaigns.

s
Old 20th December 2010
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by djanthonyw View Post
Show me any other off the shelf computer that even comes with Firewire...
thumbsup
You're kidding, right? I've had off-the-shelf desktop and laptop PC's with firewire since 2002.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search