The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
What is wrong in the music industry today.
Old 14th November 2010
Lives for gear

What is wrong in the music industry today.

Anyway, I've been working on this bit by bit for a few weeks, so draw up your counter-claims, roll up your sleeves, and let's debate:

----

For those who know me, they know it is a rare occurrence for me to be rendered speechless. But when I heard that the music industry wants to sell terrible music (and you should be suspicious whenever you hear such telltale words and phrases as "breakthrough", "miracle", "secret remedy", "exclusive", and "clinical studies prove that..."), I must say that speechless I was. Before I get moving here, let me point out that there is only one way to stop it from rotting our minds with the hallucinatory drug of sectarianism. We must make out of fools, wise people; out of fanatics, men of sense; out of idlers, workers; out of disaffected lumpenproletariats, people who are willing to punish those who lie or connive at half-truths. Then together we can call a spade a spade. Together we can show the world that I believe I have finally figured out what makes organizations like the music industry brandish the word "interdestructiveness" (as it is commonly spelled) to hoodwink people into believing that "the norm" shouldn't have to worry about how the exceptions feel. It appears to be a combination of an overactive mind, lack of common sense, assurance of one's own moral propriety, and a total lack of exposure to the real world.

I had a conversation recently with some covinous schmoes who were trying to rob us of our lives, our health, our honor, and our belongings. That conversation convinced me that nowhere in the Bible does it say, "Mutinous hatemongers have dramatically lower incidences of cancer, heart attacks, heart disease, and many other illnesses than the rest of us". Now that's a strong conclusion to draw just from the evidence I've presented in this letter so let me corroborate it by saying that some people think I'm exaggerating when I say that you don't need a preschool diploma to understand that I am one of the music industry's victims. But I'm not exaggerating; if anything, I'm understating the situation. It's a well-known fact that the music industry irritates all and sundry. It's an equally well-known fact that the music industry has reinvented itself as an amateurish fence-sitter. When logic puts these two facts together, the necessary result is an understanding that one of the predaceous, rude nutters in the music industry's employ has penned an extensive treatise whose thesis is that the music industry would never even consider blending together nonrepresentationalism and expansionism in a train wreck of monumental proportions. Contrary to what that emollient hagiography asserts, I wouldn't judge the music industry's apostles too harshly. They're just cannon fodder for the music industry's plot to bury our heritage, our traditions, and our culture.

I've heard of noxious things like cannibalism and cameralism. But I've also heard of things like nonviolence, higher moralities, and treating all beings as ends in and of themselves—ideas which the music industry's ignorant, unthinking, irritable brain is too small to understand. Technically, the music industry is trying to brainwash us. It wants us to believe that it's brassbound to justify condemnation, constructive criticism, and ridicule of it and its unpleasant belief systems; that's boring; that's not cool. You know what I think of that, don't you? I think that it is easy to see faults in others. But it takes perseverance to introduce an important but underrepresented angle on the music industry's subhuman positions.

The music industry regards the exception as the rule, the criminal as the hero, the loser as the winner, and the winner as the oppressor. No, scratch that. Let me instead make the much stronger claim that I'd like very much to respond to the music industry's claim that the existence and perpetuation of animalism is its own moral justification. Unfortunately, taking into account the music industry's background, education, and intelligence, I am quite sure that the music industry would not be able to understand my response. Hence, let me say simply this: My current plan is to study the problem and recommend corrective action. Yes, it will draw upon the most powerful fires of Hell to tear that plan asunder, but it wants me to stop trying to shine a light on its efforts to rule with an iron fist. Instead, it'd rather I be hanged and drawn and quartered and paraded through the streets in small, chopped-up little bits and thrown out into the fields where no clean animal will touch me. Sorry, but I don't accept defeat that easily.

I have long been under the impression that the music industry's roorbacks appeal to people who are fearful about the world's political and economic situation and long for simple solutions to complex problems. No, scratch that. Let me instead make the much stronger claim that if we don't remove the the music industry threat now, it will bite us in our backside in a lustrum or two. The music industry's helpers get a thrill out of protesting. They have no idea what causes they're fighting for or against. For them, going down to the local protest, carrying a sign, hanging out with the music industry, and meeting some other sexist, jaded carpetbaggers is merely a social event. They're not even aware that I once tried to explain to the music industry that its conjectures will spawn a society in which those with the most deviant lifestyle, addlepated behavior, or personal failures are given the most by the government. Rather than feel ashamed of itself, the music industry got angry at me. What this says is that this is preeminently the time to speak the truth, the whole truth, frankly and boldly. Let me therefore state that nothing unites people like a common enemy. That's why I would encourage everybody to take some shots of their own at the music industry by reprimanding it for depriving people of dignity and autonomy.

I don't care what others say about the music industry. It's still inaniloquent, crude, and it intends to con us into sawing off the very tree limbs upon which we're sitting. To be entirely candid, the music industry fully intends to let obdurate schmoes serve as our overlords. But that's not enough, not for it. The music industry will additionally foment a radical realignment of industrialized economies, which is why I suspect that my dream is for tired eyes to open and see clearly, broken spirits to find new energy, and weary arms to find the strength to bring a fresh perspective and new ideas to the current debate. The music industry thinks we want it to sharpen intergroup tensions. Excuse me, but maybe it has spent untold hours trying to strap us down with a network of rules and regulations. During that time, did it ever once occur to it that my only goal in writing this letter and others concerning the music industry is to look into the future and consider what will happen if we let it commit acts of banditry and insurgency? You know the answer, don't you? You probably also know that I recently heard it tell a bunch of people that you and I are objects for it to use then casually throw away and forget like old newsprint that's performed its duty catching bird droppings. I can't adequately describe my first reaction to this notion; I simply don't know how to represent uncontrollable laughter in text.

Did you know that some contentious mouthpieces for wrongheaded immoralism want to help the music industry break down age-old institutions and customs? Others just want to ride the oligarchism bandwagon. In either case, if you read between the lines of the music industry's doctrines, you'll honestly find that if we contradict the music industry, we are labelled unambitious cowards. If we capitulate, however, we forfeit our freedoms. All I can tell you is what matters to me: My general thesis is that for the music industry's libidinous plans to succeed, it needs to dumb down our society. An uninformed populace is easier to control and manipulate than an educated populace. One day, schoolchildren will stop being required to learn the meanings of words like "electrotelethermometer" and "philoprogenitiveness". They will be incapable of comprehending that if you'll allow me a minor dysphemism, all of the foregoing information has been served up as a necessary prelude to understanding the motive and force behind the current mad rush by the music industry and its provocateurs to relabel millions of people as "naive". Or, to phrase that a little more politely, it would be charitable of me not to mention that the music industry's language consists largely of euphemism, question-begging, and sheer, cloudy vagueness. Fortunately, I am not beset by a spirit of false charity so I will instead maintain that it wants to produce an army of mindless insects who will obey its every command. To produce such an army, the music industry plans to destroy people's minds using either drugs or an advanced form of lobotomy. Whichever approach it takes, I can say one thing about it. It understands better than any of us that psychological impact is paramount—not facts, not anybody's principles, not right and wrong. I'm not suggesting that we behave likewise. I'm suggesting only that the music industry has recently been going around claiming that space gods arriving in flying saucers will save humanity from self-destruction. You really have to tie your brain in knots to be gullible enough to believe that junk. I'll talk a lot more about that later, but first let me finish my general thesis: There are few certainties in life. I have counted only three: death, taxes, and the music industry announcing some piteous thing every few weeks.

Let's talk about the music industry's ballyhoos. Let's talk about them in a very specific and personal way. I would like to start by discussing the music industry's canards, mainly because they scare me. The thing I'm the most frightened about is that I've known some gutter-dwellers who were impressively obnoxious. However, the music industry is inarticulate and that trumps obnoxious every time. Here, I am merely trying to advance the opinion that the music industry wants to prohibit any discussion of her attempts to create an ideological climate that will enable it to cater to the basest instincts of adversarial knuckleheads. While it is clear why it wants that to be a taboo subject, the music industry's blandishments defy common sense and abandon logical principles for the singular purpose of promoting the misguided notion that the only way to expand one's mind is with drugs—or maybe even chocolate. But there is a further-reaching implication: It's irrelevant that my allegations are 100% true. It distrusts my information and arguments and will forever maintain its current opinions.

When a political condition of greed, massive corruption, and diversity of objective is coupled to a social condition of drugs, violence, and discontent, therein exists the perfect environment for the music industry to needle and wheedle the most besotted derelicts you'll ever see into its flock. According to the music industry, most people believe that bad things "just happen" (i.e., they're not caused by the music industry itself). Really? Does it have some sort of mind-reading ability or did it get its information from a less reliable source? Many people consider that question irrelevant on the grounds that if the music industry's homilies were intended as a joke, the music industry forgot to include the punchline.
It is my personal opinion, based on years of observation, that statements like, "The music industry is offended by the truth" accurately express the feelings of most of us here. If the music industry had done its homework, it'd know that it claims to be supportive of my plan to provide an atmosphere of mutual respect, free from interdenominationalism, animalism, and all other forms of prejudice and intolerance. Don't trust it, though; it's a wolf in sheep's clothing. Before you know it, it'll shred the basic compact between the people and their government. Not only that, but what really irks me is that the music industry has presented us with a Hobson's choice. Either we let it seek vengeance on those unrepentant souls who persist in challenging its reinterpretations of historic events or it'll create widespread psychological suffering. How can we trust the music industry if it doesn't trust us? We can't. And besides, it has been trying for some time to convince people that it's an expert on everything from aardvarks to zymurgy. Don't believe its hype! The music industry has just been offering that line as a means to use lethal violence as a source of humor.
Many people have witnessed the music industry destroy our country from within. The music industry generally insists that its witnesses are mistaken and blames its sinister snow jobs on antihumanist anthropophagi. It's like it has no-fault insurance against personal responsibility. What's more, I intend to look closely at the music industry's cock-and-bull stories to see what makes them so effectual at ridiculing the accomplishments of generations of great men and women. I should expect to find—this is a guess that I currently lack sufficient knowledge to verify—that the music industry insists that its terrorist organization is looking out for our best interests. That lie is a transparent and strained effort to keep us from noticing that I've heard it say that the existence and perpetuation of tribalism is its own moral justification. Was that just a slip of the lip, or is the music industry secretly trying to malign and traduce me? To ask that question another way, why is it that 99 times out of 100, its expostulations represent a calculated assault on diversity within our community? Although I haven't been able to concoct an acceptable answer to that question, I can suggest a tentative hypothesis. My hypothesis is that if I said that it acts in the name of equality and social justice, I'd be a liar. But I'd be being entirely honest if I said that the music industry claims that all minorities are poor, stupid ghetto trash. Predictably, it cites no hard data for that claim. This is because no such data exist.

Let's talk about the music industry's ballyhoos. Let's talk about them in a very specific and personal way. I would like to start by discussing the music industry's canards, mainly because they scare me. The thing I'm the most frightened about is that I've known some gutter-dwellers who were impressively obnoxious. However, the music industry is inarticulate and that trumps obnoxious every time. Here, I am merely trying to advance the opinion that the music industry wants to prohibit any discussion of her attempts to create an ideological climate that will enable it to cater to the basest instincts of adversarial knuckleheads. While it is clear why it wants that to be a taboo subject, the music industry's blandishments defy common sense and abandon logical principles for the singular purpose of promoting the misguided notion that the only way to expand one's mind is with drugs—or maybe even chocolate. But there is a further-reaching implication: It's irrelevant that my allegations are 100% true. It distrusts my information and arguments and will forever maintain its current opinions.
When a political condition of greed, massive corruption, and diversity of objective is coupled to a social condition of drugs, violence, and discontent, therein exists the perfect environment for the music industry to needle and wheedle the most besotted derelicts you'll ever see into its flock. According to the music industry, most people believe that bad things "just happen" (i.e., they're not caused by the music industry itself). Really? Does it have some sort of mind-reading ability or did it get its information from a less reliable source? Many people consider that question irrelevant on the grounds that if the music industry's homilies were intended as a joke, the music industry forgot to include the punchline.
It is my personal opinion, based on years of observation, that statements like, "The music industry is offended by the truth" accurately express the feelings of most of us here. If the music industry had done its homework, it'd know that it claims to be supportive of my plan to provide an atmosphere of mutual respect, free from interdenominationalism, animalism, and all other forms of prejudice and intolerance. Don't trust it, though; it's a wolf in sheep's clothing. Before you know it, it'll shred the basic compact between the people and their government. Not only that, but what really irks me is that the music industry has presented us with a Hobson's choice. Either we let it seek vengeance on those unrepentant souls who persist in challenging its reinterpretations of historic events or it'll create widespread psychological suffering. How can we trust the music industry if it doesn't trust us? We can't. And besides, it has been trying for some time to convince people that it's an expert on everything from aardvarks to zymurgy. Don't believe its hype! The music industry has just been offering that line as a means to use lethal violence as a source of humor.
Many people have witnessed the music industry destroy our country from within. The music industry generally insists that its witnesses are mistaken and blames its sinister snow jobs on antihumanist anthropophagi. It's like it has no-fault insurance against personal responsibility. What's more, I intend to look closely at the music industry's cock-and-bull stories to see what makes them so effectual at ridiculing the accomplishments of generations of great men and women. I should expect to find—this is a guess that I currently lack sufficient knowledge to verify—that the music industry insists that its terrorist organization is looking out for our best interests. That lie is a transparent and strained effort to keep us from noticing that I've heard it say that the existence and perpetuation of tribalism is its own moral justification. Was that just a slip of the lip, or is the music industry secretly trying to malign and traduce me? To ask that question another way, why is it that 99 times out of 100, its expostulations represent a calculated assault on diversity within our community? Although I haven't been able to concoct an acceptable answer to that question, I can suggest a tentative hypothesis. My hypothesis is that if I said that it acts in the name of equality and social justice, I'd be a liar. But I'd be being entirely honest if I said that the music industry claims that all minorities are poor, stupid ghetto trash. Predictably, it cites no hard data for that claim. This is because no such data exist.
One might conclude that I am making an appeal to the intelligence of the reader not to be fooled by the music industry's demagoguery. Alternatively, one might conclude that our situation is snowballing. In either case, each rung on the ladder of libertinism is a crisis of some kind. Each crisis supplies an excuse for the music industry to offer hatred with a pseudo-intellectual gloss. That is the standard process by which malodorous scapegraces control your bank account, your employment, your personal safety, and your mind. The significance of this is that the music industry's namby-pamby ultimata have caused obtrusive smut peddlers to descend upon us like a swarm of locusts, forcing me to take the coward's path and do nothing to stop the music industry from wasting natural resources.
The music industry keeps stating over and over again that it's perfectly safe to drink and drive. This drumbeat refrain is clearly not consistent with the facts on the ground—facts such as that the music industry should clarify its point so people like you and me can tell what the heck it's talking about. Without clarification, the music industry's paroxysms sound lofty and include some emotionally charged words but don't really seem to make any sense. Though delusional adventurism is not discussed in this letter, much of what I've written applies to that, as well. Some people I know say that this letter is written with the hope that readers will think for a minute about the situation at hand. Others argue that its treatises are all too often clad in the morally questionable garb of masochism. At this point the distinction is largely academic given that I, hardheaded cynic that I am, have to wonder where the music industry got the idea that it is my view that the world is crying out to labor beneath its firm but benevolent heel. This sits hard with me because it is simply not true and I've never written anything to imply that it is.
Many people are convinced that the music industry is offended by anything that might suggest that its recent attempt to dig a grave in which to bury liberty and freedom may prove to be a watershed event for those of us who want to protect the interests of the general public against the greed and unreason of mingy bureaucrats. I can't comment on that, but I can say that the music industry has been doing "in-depth research" (whatever it thinks that means) to prove that conformism is a viable and vital objective for our nation's educational institutions. I should mention that I've been doing some research of my own. So far, I've "discovered" that the music industry wants to lower our standard of living. What does it think it is? I mean, in its attitudes, exclusionism is witting and unremitting, pigheaded and moonstruck. It revels in it, rolls in it, and uses it to make a big deal out of nothing.

Not that I ever believed the music industry's lies, but at least before they had some kind of internal consistency—a logic, albeit twisted, that invited refutation. But now, it seems it is desperately flailing about for any pretext, no matter how ludicrous or slight, to fleece people out of their life's savings. The music industry's values have kept us separated for too long from the love, contributions, and challenges of our brothers and sisters in this wonderful adventure we share together—life! The music industry's pretentious grievances really raise my blood pressure. That, in itself, will condemn us to live with bookish duffers sooner or later. While we all despair over the music industry's demonic, irritable statements, we must also remember the principles that will guide our better behaviors and higher aspirations. All kidding aside, the music industry has not increased our safety, security, or happiness by giving lunatics control of the asylum. All it's increased by doing that is the girth of its bloated ego.

One might conclude that I am making an appeal to the intelligence of the reader not to be fooled by the music industry's demagoguery. Alternatively, one might conclude that our situation is snowballing. In either case, each rung on the ladder of libertinism is a crisis of some kind. Each crisis supplies an excuse for the music industry to offer hatred with a pseudo-intellectual gloss. That is the standard process by which malodorous scapegraces control your bank account, your employment, your personal safety, and your mind. The significance of this is that the music industry's namby-pamby ultimata have caused obtrusive smut peddlers to descend upon us like a swarm of locusts, forcing me to take the coward's path and do nothing to stop the music industry from wasting natural resources.

The music industry keeps stating over and over again that it's perfectly safe to drink and drive. This drumbeat refrain is clearly not consistent with the facts on the ground—facts such as that the music industry should clarify its point so people like you and me can tell what the heck it's talking about. Without clarification, the music industry's paroxysms sound lofty and include some emotionally charged words but don't really seem to make any sense. Though delusional adventurism is not discussed in this letter, much of what I've written applies to that, as well. Some people I know say that this letter is written with the hope that readers will think for a minute about the situation at hand. Others argue that its treatises are all too often clad in the morally questionable garb of masochism. At this point the distinction is largely academic given that I, hardheaded cynic that I am, have to wonder where the music industry got the idea that it is my view that the world is crying out to labor beneath its firm but benevolent heel. This sits hard with me because it is simply not true and I've never written anything to imply that it is.
Many people are convinced that the music industry is offended by anything that might suggest that its recent attempt to dig a grave in which to bury liberty and freedom may prove to be a watershed event for those of us who want to protect the interests of the general public against the greed and unreason of mingy bureaucrats. I can't comment on that, but I can say that the music industry has been doing "in-depth research" (whatever it thinks that means) to prove that conformism is a viable and vital objective for our nation's educational institutions. I should mention that I've been doing some research of my own. So far, I've "discovered" that the music industry wants to lower our standard of living. What does it think it is? I mean, in its attitudes, exclusionism is witting and unremitting, pigheaded and moonstruck. It revels in it, rolls in it, and uses it to make a big deal out of nothing.

Not that I ever believed the music industry's lies, but at least before they had some kind of internal consistency—a logic, albeit twisted, that invited refutation. But now, it seems it is desperately flailing about for any pretext, no matter how ludicrous or slight, to fleece people out of their life's savings. The music industry's values have kept us separated for too long from the love, contributions, and challenges of our brothers and sisters in this wonderful adventure we share together—life! The music industry's pretentious grievances really raise my blood pressure. That, in itself, will condemn us to live with bookish duffers sooner or later. While we all despair over the music industry's demonic, irritable statements, we must also remember the principles that will guide our better behaviors and higher aspirations. All kidding aside, the music industry has not increased our safety, security, or happiness by giving lunatics control of the asylum. All it's increased by doing that is the girth of its bloated ego.

The music industry has so frequently lied about how society is supposed to be lenient towards drugged-out fribbles that some weaker-minded people are starting to believe it. We need to explain to such people that if the music industry feels ridiculed by all the attention my letters are bringing it, then that's just too darn bad. Its arrogance has brought this upon itself. To deny that the outcome of the struggle will ultimately be decided based on the number and influence of people fully informed about the music industry's maneuvers, committed to the music industry's defeat, and organized under sound leadership is batty nonsense and political irresponsibility. It is nonsense because information about the music industry's anal-retentive, fastidious homilies is there for those who seek it. And it is irresponsible because I certainly feel that there are in fact many people who possess the intelligence, wisdom, talent, and ability to urge lawmakers to pass a nonbinding resolution affirming that we are now stuck with a verbally incontinent Chekism bearing a human face—that of the music industry. My goal is to locate those people and encourage them to help me drain the swamp of influence-peddling and the system of pay-to-play.

If you want truth, you have to struggle for it. This letter represents my struggle, my attempt at improving the living conditions of the most vulnerable in our society—the sick, the old, the disabled, the unemployed, and our youth—all of whose lives are made miserable by the music industry. It is also my soapbox for informing the community at large that the music industry is lost in a netherworld of collectivism. I challenge it to move from its broad derogatory generalizations to specific instances to prove otherwise. Moreover, if one accepts the framework I've laid out here, it follows that there appears to be some disagreement in the community regarding the number of times that the music industry has been seen bringing discord, confusion, and frustration into our personal and public lives. Some say once; some say five times; some say a dozen times or more. The point is not to quibble over numbers or anything like that but rather to clarify that if one believes statements like, "The music industry can override nature," one is, in effect, supporting bloodthirsty Machiavellians.

Even leaving aside the thorny matter of divining the varying proportion of the music industry's connivance, acquiescence, foreknowledge, exploitation, and incompetence in making individuals indifferent to the survival of their families, we can state the following as an established fact: The music industry's contrivances are based on a technique I'm sure you've heard of. It's called "lying". The music industry's stooges all look like the music industry, think like the music industry, act like the music industry, and perpetuate the nonsense known technically as the analytic/synthetic dichotomy, just like the music industry does. And all this in the name of—let me see if I can get their propaganda straight—brotherhood and service. Ha!

I could tell the music industry that no matter how much its blandishments are rationalized, they still deprive individuals of the right to raise the worst kinds of obtrusive, soulless defalcators there are out of their cultural misery and lead them to the national community as a valuable, united factor, although it obviously doesn't care. I could tell it that libertinism is the last refuge of the bloody-minded, but it wouldn't believe me. It probably also doesn't care that except for a few bright spots, its equivocations are completely blowsy. So let me appeal to whatever small semblance of reason the music industry may be capable of when I tell it that we could opt to sit back and let it desecrate personal religious objects. Most people, however, would argue that the cost in people's lives and self-esteem is an extremely high price to pay for such inaction on our part. The music industry keeps stating over and over again that all literature that opposes teetotalism was forged by unmannerly wing nuts. This drumbeat refrain is clearly not consistent with the facts on the ground—facts such as that we must burn the candle at both ends until we find a way to make a cause célèbre out of exposing the music industry's double standards for what they really are. Stated differently, it indisputably believes that we should derive moral guidance from its glitzy, multi-culti, hip-hop, consumption-oriented refrains. Unfortunately for it, that's all in its imagination. The music industry needs to get out of that fictional world and get back to reality, where people can see that its randy backers are nothing more than subservient blobs of easily controlled protoplasm. That's why they're so willing to help the music industry impose meretricious new restrictions on society just to satisfy some sort of hopeless drive for power.

Be honest; can you in any way believe the music industry's claim that lazy parvenus and lackluster fomenters of revolution should rule this country? I surely cannot, mainly because there is more at play here than its purely political game of covering up its criminal ineptitude. There are ideologies at work, hidden agendas to pose a threat to the survival of democracy. I, not being one of the many grungy scroungers of this world, act based on what I think is right, not who I think is right. That's why I try always to upbraid the music industry for being so intolerant. It's also why I say that its cause is not glorious. It is not wonderful. It is not good.

In the Old Testament, the Book of Kings relates how the priests of Baal were slain for deceiving the people. I'm not suggesting that there be any contemporary parallel involving the music industry, but if I were a complete sap, I'd believe the music industry's line that it is a protective bulwark against the advancing tyranny of militant self-promoters. Unfortunately for it, I realize that the music industry's grievances represent a backward step of hundreds of years, a backward step into a chasm with no bottom save the endless darkness of death. For the sake of the universe, I hope that this is the only planet that contains unpleasant demoniacs like the music industry. The music industry has, on a number of occasions, expressed a desire to operate in the gray area between legitimate activity and putrid, squalid resistentialism. On all of these occasions I submitted to the advice of my friends, who assured me that the picture I am presenting need not be confined to its suggestions. It applies to everything the music industry says and does. This phenomenon seems commonplace in our disintegrating society. May we never forget this if we are to deny the music industry and its comrades a chance to redefine success and obscure failure.

In order to maintain harmony with my conscience I must change the minds of those who blackmail politicians into fixing blame for social stress, economic loss, or loss of political power on a target group whose constructed guilt provides a simplistic explanation while remaining true to those beliefs, ideals, and aspirations we hold most dear. It is no more complicated than that. It is because of the music industry's dysgenic practices we have imprudent self-promoters taking us all back to the Stone Age. Added to this is something else: I find the music industry's demeanor and pomposity downright appalling. As long as I live, I will be shouting this truth from rooftops and doing everything I can to tackle the multinational death machine that the music industry is currently constructing. Somebody has to offer true constructive criticism—listening to the whole issue, recognizing the problems, recognizing what is being done right, and getting involved to help remedy the problem. That somebody can be you. In any case, the music industry often argues that the world's salvation comes from whims, irrationality, and delusions. A similar argument was first made over 1200 years ago by a well-known menace and was quickly disproved. In those days, however, no one would have doubted that the music industry's put-downs were never about tolerance and equality. That was just window dressing for the "innocents". Rather, the music industry complains a lot. What's ironic, though, is that it hasn't made even a single concrete suggestion for improvement or identified a single problem with the system as it exists today.

What's the difference between the music industry's supporters and invidious troglodytes? If you answered "nothing", then go to the front of the class; you're absolutely right. Once people obtain the critical skills that enable them to think and reflect and speculate independently, they'll realize that the music industry and its gofers are untoward Philistines. This is not set down in complaint against them but merely as analysis.

Lest I forget to mention this later, the music industry has been trying for quite some time to convince us that it has a fearless dedication to reason and truth. I suggest it take this rotting ordure and dump it where it and its fellow foul protestors congregate. At least then we could build bridges where in the past all that existed were moats and drawbridges without having to worry that it will cultivate networks of snitches and spies to ensure that any unity against it can immediately be nipped in the bud. To add another dimension to this argument, let me mention that I am unequivocally not up on the latest gossip. Still, I have heard people say that I sometimes ask myself whether the struggle to express my views is worth all of the potential consequences. And I consistently answer by saying that all the music industry wants is to spawn a society in which those with the most deviant lifestyle, silly behavior, or personal failures are given the most by the government. If, after hearing facts like that, you still believe that the majority of mealymouthed bureaucrats are heroes, if not saints, then there is indubitably no hope for you. Yes, the music industry may have some superficial charm, but when I first became aware of its covert invasion into our thought processes, all I could think was how it is an interesting organization. On the one hand, the music industry likes to descend to character assassination and name calling. But on the other hand, it has a strategy. Its strategy is to ransack people's homes. Wherever you encounter that strategy, you are dealing with the music industry.

When I hear the music industry's henchmen parrot the party line—that we should derive moral guidance from the music industry's glitzy, multi-culti, hip-hop, consumption-oriented précis—I see them not as people but as machines. The appropriate noises are coming out of their larynges, but their brains are not involved as they would be if they were thinking about how the music industry sometimes uses the word "scientificogeographical" when describing its analects. Beware! This is a buzzword designed for emotional response. The music industry's maneuvers are becoming increasingly offensive. They have already begun to subvert our country's legal system. Now fast-forward a few years to a time in which they have enabled the music industry to hasten the destruction of our civilization. If you don't want such a time to come then help me fight the warped, distorted, misshapen, unwholesome monstrosity that the music industry's orations have become. Help me find more constructive contexts in which to work toward resolving conflicts.

The primary point of disagreement between myself and the music industry is whether or not if we don't compare, contrast, and identify the connections among different classes of officious recidivism then the music industry will produce a new generation of raffish cult leaders whose opinions and prejudices, far from being enlightened and challenged, are simply legitimized. This message has been brought to you by the Department of Blinding Obviousness. What might not be so obvious, however, is that if the music industry doesn't like it here, then perhaps it should go elsewhere.

While I can't speak for anyone else, I insist that it makes perfect sense that the music industry doesn't want me to keep its satraps at bay. Do I blame society for this? No, I blame the music industry. Some reputed—as opposed to reputable—members of the music industry's army of frightful spivs quite adamantly contend that the music industry is forward-looking, open-minded, and creative. I find it rather astonishing that anyone could warrant such a thing, but then again, the music industry insists that it never engages in nasty, batty, or pesky politics. How can it be so blind? Very easily. Basically, the music industry doesn't want to acknowledge that it has a problem not only with civil rights but also with the legal responsibility and accountability as to what is considered appropriate behavior. In fact, the music industry would rather block all discussion on the subject. I suppose that's because we must shatter the adage that exclusionism is absolutely essential to the well-being of society. If we fail then all of our sacrifices and all of the dreams and sacrifices of our ancestors will have been in vain. The key is to realize that mankind needs to do more to redefine in practical terms the immutable ideals that have guided us from the beginning. Understand, I am not condemning mankind for not doing enough; I am merely stating that it's unfortunate that the music industry has no real morals. It's impossible to debate important topics with organizations that are so ethically handicapped. I can see from the length of what I've written so far that I should save the rest of my comments about the music industry for the future. Let me close by stating simply that the music industry's ideas about masochism are strictly for the birds—or at least, for birdbrains.
Old 14th November 2010
I haven't read this thread, but I don't see much wrong at all. Things are pretty groovy!
Old 14th November 2010
Gear Addict

+1.
Old 14th November 2010
Gear Addict

Its all in your head
Old 14th November 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrmusic View Post
The music industry regards the exception as the rule, the criminal as the hero, the loser as the winner, and the winner as the oppressor.
Like this?

Old 14th November 2010
Lives for gear

An intellectual is a man who takes more words than necessary to tell more than he knows. Dwight D. Eisenhower
Old 14th November 2010
Lives for gear
What do I think is wrong with the music industry?
The abundance of talentless ass-clowns that want to be famous but don't want to do the hard yards it takes to be
recognised and respected.All of whom who want recording and modelling contracts handed to them on a silver platter (see Idol and America's Next Top Model). Thankfully, the internet is slowly punishing labels for their corporate greed and manipulation of young artists!!
Old 14th November 2010
No time to read your novel. Maybe you should spend more time making music than writing huge ass posts lol.
Old 14th November 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyage.One View Post
All of whom who want recording and modelling contracts handed to them on a silver platter
you do know Lago posts here, right?
Old 14th November 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy Ray View Post
you do know Lago posts here, right?
Contracts were handed to me on a silver platter, I haven't taken them yet.
Old 14th November 2010
Gear Addict

My hearty congratulations on an exceedingly tall post.

It's amazing how you got it to stand up all straight like that.

Carry on.
Old 14th November 2010
Old 14th November 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Anyway, I've been working on this bit by bit for a few weeks, so draw up your counter-claims, roll up your sleeves, and let's debate:

----

For those who know me, they know it is a rare occurrence for me to be rendered speechless. But when I heard that the music industry wants to sell terrible music (and you should be suspicious whenever you hear such telltale words and phrases as "breakthrough", "miracle", "secret remedy", "exclusive", and "clinical studies prove that..."), I must say that speechless I was. Before I get moving here, let me point out that there is only one way to stop it from rotting our minds with the hallucinatory drug of sectarianism. We must make out of fools, wise people; out of fanatics, men of sense; out of idlers, workers; out of disaffected lumpenproletariats, people who are willing to punish those who lie or connive at half-truths. Then together we can call a spade a spade. Together we can show the world that I believe I have finally figured out what makes organizations like the music industry brandish the word "interdestructiveness" (as it is commonly spelled) to hoodwink people into believing that "the norm" shouldn't have to worry about how the exceptions feel. It appears to be a combination of an overactive mind, lack of common sense, assurance of one's own moral propriety, and a total lack of exposure to the real world.

I had a conversation recently with some covinous schmoes who were trying to rob us of our lives, our health, our honor, and our belongings. That conversation convinced me that nowhere in the Bible does it say, "Mutinous hatemongers have dramatically lower incidences of cancer, heart attacks, heart disease, and many other illnesses than the rest of us". Now that's a strong conclusion to draw just from the evidence I've presented in this letter so let me corroborate it by saying that some people think I'm exaggerating when I say that you don't need a preschool diploma to understand that I am one of the music industry's victims. But I'm not exaggerating; if anything, I'm understating the situation. It's a well-known fact that the music industry irritates all and sundry. It's an equally well-known fact that the music industry has reinvented itself as an amateurish fence-sitter. When logic puts these two facts together, the necessary result is an understanding that one of the predaceous, rude nutters in the music industry's employ has penned an extensive treatise whose thesis is that the music industry would never even consider blending together nonrepresentationalism and expansionism in a train wreck of monumental proportions. Contrary to what that emollient hagiography asserts, I wouldn't judge the music industry's apostles too harshly. They're just cannon fodder for the music industry's plot to bury our heritage, our traditions, and our culture.

I've heard of noxious things like cannibalism and cameralism. But I've also heard of things like nonviolence, higher moralities, and treating all beings as ends in and of themselves—ideas which the music industry's ignorant, unthinking, irritable brain is too small to understand. Technically, the music industry is trying to brainwash us. It wants us to believe that it's brassbound to justify condemnation, constructive criticism, and ridicule of it and its unpleasant belief systems; that's boring; that's not cool. You know what I think of that, don't you? I think that it is easy to see faults in others. But it takes perseverance to introduce an important but underrepresented angle on the music industry's subhuman positions.

The music industry regards the exception as the rule, the criminal as the hero, the loser as the winner, and the winner as the oppressor. No, scratch that. Let me instead make the much stronger claim that I'd like very much to respond to the music industry's claim that the existence and perpetuation of animalism is its own moral justification. Unfortunately, taking into account the music industry's background, education, and intelligence, I am quite sure that the music industry would not be able to understand my response. Hence, let me say simply this: My current plan is to study the problem and recommend corrective action. Yes, it will draw upon the most powerful fires of Hell to tear that plan asunder, but it wants me to stop trying to shine a light on its efforts to rule with an iron fist. Instead, it'd rather I be hanged and drawn and quartered and paraded through the streets in small, chopped-up little bits and thrown out into the fields where no clean animal will touch me. Sorry, but I don't accept defeat that easily.

I have long been under the impression that the music industry's roorbacks appeal to people who are fearful about the world's political and economic situation and long for simple solutions to complex problems. No, scratch that. Let me instead make the much stronger claim that if we don't remove the the music industry threat now, it will bite us in our backside in a lustrum or two. The music industry's helpers get a thrill out of protesting. They have no idea what causes they're fighting for or against. For them, going down to the local protest, carrying a sign, hanging out with the music industry, and meeting some other sexist, jaded carpetbaggers is merely a social event. They're not even aware that I once tried to explain to the music industry that its conjectures will spawn a society in which those with the most deviant lifestyle, addlepated behavior, or personal failures are given the most by the government. Rather than feel ashamed of itself, the music industry got angry at me. What this says is that this is preeminently the time to speak the truth, the whole truth, frankly and boldly. Let me therefore state that nothing unites people like a common enemy. That's why I would encourage everybody to take some shots of their own at the music industry by reprimanding it for depriving people of dignity and autonomy.

I don't care what others say about the music industry. It's still inaniloquent, crude, and it intends to con us into sawing off the very tree limbs upon which we're sitting. To be entirely candid, the music industry fully intends to let obdurate schmoes serve as our overlords. But that's not enough, not for it. The music industry will additionally foment a radical realignment of industrialized economies, which is why I suspect that my dream is for tired eyes to open and see clearly, broken spirits to find new energy, and weary arms to find the strength to bring a fresh perspective and new ideas to the current debate. The music industry thinks we want it to sharpen intergroup tensions. Excuse me, but maybe it has spent untold hours trying to strap us down with a network of rules and regulations. During that time, did it ever once occur to it that my only goal in writing this letter and others concerning the music industry is to look into the future and consider what will happen if we let it commit acts of banditry and insurgency? You know the answer, don't you? You probably also know that I recently heard it tell a bunch of people that you and I are objects for it to use then casually throw away and forget like old newsprint that's performed its duty catching bird droppings. I can't adequately describe my first reaction to this notion; I simply don't know how to represent uncontrollable laughter in text.

Did you know that some contentious mouthpieces for wrongheaded immoralism want to help the music industry break down age-old institutions and customs? Others just want to ride the oligarchism bandwagon. In either case, if you read between the lines of the music industry's doctrines, you'll honestly find that if we contradict the music industry, we are labelled unambitious cowards. If we capitulate, however, we forfeit our freedoms. All I can tell you is what matters to me: My general thesis is that for the music industry's libidinous plans to succeed, it needs to dumb down our society. An uninformed populace is easier to control and manipulate than an educated populace. One day, schoolchildren will stop being required to learn the meanings of words like "electrotelethermometer" and "philoprogenitiveness". They will be incapable of comprehending that if you'll allow me a minor dysphemism, all of the foregoing information has been served up as a necessary prelude to understanding the motive and force behind the current mad rush by the music industry and its provocateurs to relabel millions of people as "naive". Or, to phrase that a little more politely, it would be charitable of me not to mention that the music industry's language consists largely of euphemism, question-begging, and sheer, cloudy vagueness. Fortunately, I am not beset by a spirit of false charity so I will instead maintain that it wants to produce an army of mindless insects who will obey its every command. To produce such an army, the music industry plans to destroy people's minds using either drugs or an advanced form of lobotomy. Whichever approach it takes, I can say one thing about it. It understands better than any of us that psychological impact is paramount—not facts, not anybody's principles, not right and wrong. I'm not suggesting that we behave likewise. I'm suggesting only that the music industry has recently been going around claiming that space gods arriving in flying saucers will save humanity from self-destruction. You really have to tie your brain in knots to be gullible enough to believe that junk. I'll talk a lot more about that later, but first let me finish my general thesis: There are few certainties in life. I have counted only three: death, taxes, and the music industry announcing some piteous thing every few weeks.

The music industry has so frequently lied about how society is supposed to be lenient towards drugged-out fribbles that some weaker-minded people are starting to believe it. We need to explain to such people that if the music industry feels ridiculed by all the attention my letters are bringing it, then that's just too darn bad. Its arrogance has brought this upon itself. To deny that the outcome of the struggle will ultimately be decided based on the number and influence of people fully informed about the music industry's maneuvers, committed to the music industry's defeat, and organized under sound leadership is batty nonsense and political irresponsibility. It is nonsense because information about the music industry's anal-retentive, fastidious homilies is there for those who seek it. And it is irresponsible because I certainly feel that there are in fact many people who possess the intelligence, wisdom, talent, and ability to urge lawmakers to pass a nonbinding resolution affirming that we are now stuck with a verbally incontinent Chekism bearing a human face—that of the music industry. My goal is to locate those people and encourage them to help me drain the swamp of influence-peddling and the system of pay-to-play.

If you want truth, you have to struggle for it. This letter represents my struggle, my attempt at improving the living conditions of the most vulnerable in our society—the sick, the old, the disabled, the unemployed, and our youth—all of whose lives are made miserable by the music industry. It is also my soapbox for informing the community at large that the music industry is lost in a netherworld of collectivism. I challenge it to move from its broad derogatory generalizations to specific instances to prove otherwise. Moreover, if one accepts the framework I've laid out here, it follows that there appears to be some disagreement in the community regarding the number of times that the music industry has been seen bringing discord, confusion, and frustration into our personal and public lives. Some say once; some say five times; some say a dozen times or more. The point is not to quibble over numbers or anything like that but rather to clarify that if one believes statements like, "The music industry can override nature," one is, in effect, supporting bloodthirsty Machiavellians.

Even leaving aside the thorny matter of divining the varying proportion of the music industry's connivance, acquiescence, foreknowledge, exploitation, and incompetence in making individuals indifferent to the survival of their families, we can state the following as an established fact: The music industry's contrivances are based on a technique I'm sure you've heard of. It's called "lying". The music industry's stooges all look like the music industry, think like the music industry, act like the music industry, and perpetuate the nonsense known technically as the analytic/synthetic dichotomy, just like the music industry does. And all this in the name of—let me see if I can get their propaganda straight—brotherhood and service. Ha!

I could tell the music industry that no matter how much its blandishments are rationalized, they still deprive individuals of the right to raise the worst kinds of obtrusive, soulless defalcators there are out of their cultural misery and lead them to the national community as a valuable, united factor, although it obviously doesn't care. I could tell it that libertinism is the last refuge of the bloody-minded, but it wouldn't believe me. It probably also doesn't care that except for a few bright spots, its equivocations are completely blowsy. So let me appeal to whatever small semblance of reason the music industry may be capable of when I tell it that we could opt to sit back and let it desecrate personal religious objects. Most people, however, would argue that the cost in people's lives and self-esteem is an extremely high price to pay for such inaction on our part. The music industry keeps stating over and over again that all literature that opposes teetotalism was forged by unmannerly wing nuts. This drumbeat refrain is clearly not consistent with the facts on the ground—facts such as that we must burn the candle at both ends until we find a way to make a cause célèbre out of exposing the music industry's double standards for what they really are. Stated differently, it indisputably believes that we should derive moral guidance from its glitzy, multi-culti, hip-hop, consumption-oriented refrains. Unfortunately for it, that's all in its imagination. The music industry needs to get out of that fictional world and get back to reality, where people can see that its randy backers are nothing more than subservient blobs of easily controlled protoplasm. That's why they're so willing to help the music industry impose meretricious new restrictions on society just to satisfy some sort of hopeless drive for power.

Be honest; can you in any way believe the music industry's claim that lazy parvenus and lackluster fomenters of revolution should rule this country? I surely cannot, mainly because there is more at play here than its purely political game of covering up its criminal ineptitude. There are ideologies at work, hidden agendas to pose a threat to the survival of democracy. I, not being one of the many grungy scroungers of this world, act based on what I think is right, not who I think is right. That's why I try always to upbraid the music industry for being so intolerant. It's also why I say that its cause is not glorious. It is not wonderful. It is not good.

In the Old Testament, the Book of Kings relates how the priests of Baal were slain for deceiving the people. I'm not suggesting that there be any contemporary parallel involving the music industry, but if I were a complete sap, I'd believe the music industry's line that it is a protective bulwark against the advancing tyranny of militant self-promoters. Unfortunately for it, I realize that the music industry's grievances represent a backward step of hundreds of years, a backward step into a chasm with no bottom save the endless darkness of death. For the sake of the universe, I hope that this is the only planet that contains unpleasant demoniacs like the music industry. The music industry has, on a number of occasions, expressed a desire to operate in the gray area between legitimate activity and putrid, squalid resistentialism. On all of these occasions I submitted to the advice of my friends, who assured me that the picture I am presenting need not be confined to its suggestions. It applies to everything the music industry says and does. This phenomenon seems commonplace in our disintegrating society. May we never forget this if we are to deny the music industry and its comrades a chance to redefine success and obscure failure.

In order to maintain harmony with my conscience I must change the minds of those who blackmail politicians into fixing blame for social stress, economic loss, or loss of political power on a target group whose constructed guilt provides a simplistic explanation while remaining true to those beliefs, ideals, and aspirations we hold most dear. It is no more complicated than that. It is because of the music industry's dysgenic practices we have imprudent self-promoters taking us all back to the Stone Age. Added to this is something else: I find the music industry's demeanor and pomposity downright appalling. As long as I live, I will be shouting this truth from rooftops and doing everything I can to tackle the multinational death machine that the music industry is currently constructing. Somebody has to offer true constructive criticism—listening to the whole issue, recognizing the problems, recognizing what is being done right, and getting involved to help remedy the problem. That somebody can be you. In any case, the music industry often argues that the world's salvation comes from whims, irrationality, and delusions. A similar argument was first made over 1200 years ago by a well-known menace and was quickly disproved. In those days, however, no one would have doubted that the music industry's put-downs were never about tolerance and equality. That was just window dressing for the "innocents". Rather, the music industry complains a lot. What's ironic, though, is that it hasn't made even a single concrete suggestion for improvement or identified a single problem with the system as it exists today.

What's the difference between the music industry's supporters and invidious troglodytes? If you answered "nothing", then go to the front of the class; you're absolutely right. Once people obtain the critical skills that enable them to think and reflect and speculate independently, they'll realize that the music industry and its gofers are untoward Philistines. This is not set down in complaint against them but merely as analysis.

Lest I forget to mention this later, the music industry has been trying for quite some time to convince us that it has a fearless dedication to reason and truth. I suggest it take this rotting ordure and dump it where it and its fellow foul protestors congregate. At least then we could build bridges where in the past all that existed were moats and drawbridges without having to worry that it will cultivate networks of snitches and spies to ensure that any unity against it can immediately be nipped in the bud. To add another dimension to this argument, let me mention that I am unequivocally not up on the latest gossip. Still, I have heard people say that I sometimes ask myself whether the struggle to express my views is worth all of the potential consequences. And I consistently answer by saying that all the music industry wants is to spawn a society in which those with the most deviant lifestyle, silly behavior, or personal failures are given the most by the government. If, after hearing facts like that, you still believe that the majority of mealymouthed bureaucrats are heroes, if not saints, then there is indubitably no hope for you. Yes, the music industry may have some superficial charm, but when I first became aware of its covert invasion into our thought processes, all I could think was how it is an interesting organization. On the one hand, the music industry likes to descend to character assassination and name calling. But on the other hand, it has a strategy. Its strategy is to ransack people's homes. Wherever you encounter that strategy, you are dealing with the music industry.

When I hear the music industry's henchmen parrot the party line—that we should derive moral guidance from the music industry's glitzy, multi-culti, hip-hop, consumption-oriented précis—I see them not as people but as machines. The appropriate noises are coming out of their larynges, but their brains are not involved as they would be if they were thinking about how the music industry sometimes uses the word "scientificogeographical" when describing its analects. Beware! This is a buzzword designed for emotional response. The music industry's maneuvers are becoming increasingly offensive. They have already begun to subvert our country's legal system. Now fast-forward a few years to a time in which they have enabled the music industry to hasten the destruction of our civilization. If you don't want such a time to come then help me fight the warped, distorted, misshapen, unwholesome monstrosity that the music industry's orations have become. Help me find more constructive contexts in which to work toward resolving conflicts.

The primary point of disagreement between myself and the music industry is whether or not if we don't compare, contrast, and identify the connections among different classes of officious recidivism then the music industry will produce a new generation of raffish cult leaders whose opinions and prejudices, far from being enlightened and challenged, are simply legitimized. This message has been brought to you by the Department of Blinding Obviousness. What might not be so obvious, however, is that if the music industry doesn't like it here, then perhaps it should go elsewhere.

While I can't speak for anyone else, I insist that it makes perfect sense that the music industry doesn't want me to keep its satraps at bay. Do I blame society for this? No, I blame the music industry. Some reputed—as opposed to reputable—members of the music industry's army of frightful spivs quite adamantly contend that the music industry is forward-looking, open-minded, and creative. I find it rather astonishing that anyone could warrant such a thing, but then again, the music industry insists that it never engages in nasty, batty, or pesky politics. How can it be so blind? Very easily. Basically, the music industry doesn't want to acknowledge that it has a problem not only with civil rights but also with the legal responsibility and accountability as to what is considered appropriate behavior. In fact, the music industry would rather block all discussion on the subject. I suppose that's because we must shatter the adage that exclusionism is absolutely essential to the well-being of society. If we fail then all of our sacrifices and all of the dreams and sacrifices of our ancestors will have been in vain. The key is to realize that mankind needs to do more to redefine in practical terms the immutable ideals that have guided us from the beginning. Understand, I am not condemning mankind for not doing enough; I am merely stating that it's unfortunate that the music industry has no real morals. It's impossible to debate important topics with organizations that are so ethically handicapped. I can see from the length of what I've written so far that I should save the rest of my comments about the music industry for the future. Let me close by stating simply that the music industry's ideas about masochism are strictly for the birds—or at least, for birdbrains.

If i wanted to read, i'd go to school tutt
Old 15th November 2010
soulstudios
Anybody able to sum this up in two sentences or less?
Bible... guitars... hegemony... kittens? Or birds?
Old 15th November 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulstudios View Post
Anybody able to sum this up in two sentences or less?
Bible... guitars... hegemony... kittens? Or birds?
Yes. Yes, I can. LR has way too ****ing much time on his hands.
Old 15th November 2010
Lives for gear

lol people actually believed I wrote all of that heh

http://www.pakin.org/complaint/
Old 15th November 2010
Lives for gear
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Lago View Post
No time to read your novel. Maybe you should spend more time making music than writing huge ass posts lol.
"Novel"?
I was simply pointing out the rosy and unrealistic image of the music biz that is deeply ingrained in the minds of
a lot of (but not all) younger artists.
Old 15th November 2010
Gear Maniac

Dear Mr Lago.

It was expressed in our last meeting that unless you want to host the Kenny Everett revival show then you should not concern yourself with what the devil does or how he does it.

Yours truly
stike
Old 15th November 2010

Quote:
lol people actually believed I wrote all of that heh

Scott Pakin's automatic complaint-letter generator
Too funny. Comin' right back at 'cha via the generator:

In response to Lrmusic's publicity stunts, I would like to offer the following opposing points. To organize my discussion, I suggest that we take one step back in the causal chain and cast a gimlet eye on Lrmusic's crotchets. The whole premise of Lrmusic's fulminations is false, and its arguments are specious at best. If you're like most people you just shrug your shoulders whenever you hear about Lrmusic's latest platitudes. When your shoulders get tired of shrugging I hope you'll realize that Lrmusic must have recently made a huge withdrawal from the First National Bank of Lies. How else could it manage to tell us that my bitterness at it is merely the latent projection of libidinal energy stemming from self-induced anguish?

Certainly, I am truly at a loss for words when Lrmusic asserts that misoneism can quell the hatred and disorder in our society. It can't possibly be serious. I suspect that the real story here is that no one has a higher opinion of Lrmusic than I, and I think Lrmusic is an obtrusive coward. Lrmusic's confreres all have serious personal problems. In fact, the way it keeps them loyal to it is by encouraging and exacerbating these problems rather than by helping to overcome them. Perhaps if Lrmusic thought about it, it'd realize that unless you define success using the sort of loosey-goosey standards by which it abides you'll realize that true measures of success involve introducing an important but underrepresented angle on Lrmusic's insidious flimflams. Success is getting the world to see that Lrmusic says that everyone would be a lot safer if it were to monitor all of our personal communications and financial transactions—even our library records.

Why on Earth does Lrmusic need to monitor our library records? The answer is a bit of a taboo subject, but that won't stop me from telling you. You see, even when the facts don't fit, Lrmusic sometimes tries to use them anyway. It still maintains, for instance, that it's fatuous to stand by our principles and be true to them on all occasions, in all places, against all foes, and at whatever cost.

Lrmusic refers to a variety of things using the word "pseudolamellibranchiate". Translating this bit of jargon into English isn't easy. Basically, it's saying that everything will be hunky-dory if we let it drain our hope and enthusiasm, which we all know is patently absurd. At any rate, this is not wild speculation. This is not a conspiracy theory. This is documented fact. The end.
Old 15th November 2010
Congratulations to Mr. Chris Lago for saying that his conscienceless, hateful cabal is a respected civil-rights organization. That unmistakably wins the prize for being the most self-righteous and muddleheaded thing I've ever heard. I realize that some of you may not know the particular background details of the events I'm referring to. I'm not going to go into those details here, but you can read up on them elsewhere. Honest people will admit that the odds are more than ten to one that his unrestrained convictions involve a gradual abandonment of concern for reason or evidence and rely on propaganda to maintain public support. Concerned people are not afraid to proscribe Mr. Lago and his cohorts as the most dangerous enemies of the people. And sensible people know that when Mr. Lago tells us that everyone who scrambles aboard the Chris Lago bandwagon is guaranteed a smooth ride, he somehow fails to mention that snappish anthropophagi suffer from a collective self-image that prefers victimization to success and imposes a suffocating group conformity that ostracizes nonconformists. He fails to mention that he has shown he's not afraid to be self-pitying. And he fails to mention that he looks down upon the rest of us. From Mr. Lago's perspective, we are blind so he must tell us what to see; we are deaf so he must tell us what to hear; and we are mute so he must tell us what to say. Such views may fool huffy slumlords, but I think that several things Mr. Lago has said have brought me to the boiling point. The statement of his that made the strongest impression on me, however, was something to the effect of how he has the mandate of Heaven to make us dependent on cantankerous, avaricious cutthroats for political representation, economic support, social position, and psychological approval.
It's easy to see that Mr. Lago exhibits a perverse talent for getting viscerally angry and staying angry long enough to yield this country to the forces of darkness, oppression, and tyranny, but let me tell you the rest of the story: I don't see how Mr. Lago can build a workable policy around wishful thinking draped over a morass of confusion (and also, as we'll see below, historical illiteracy), then impose it willy-nilly on a population by force. I'm not saying that it can't possibly be done but rather that I sometimes ask myself whether the struggle to express my views is worth all of the potential consequences. And I consistently answer by saying that Mr. Lago uses the word "establishmentarianism" to justify hindering economic growth and job creation. In doing so, he is reversing the meaning of that word as a means of disguising the fact that back when our policemen were guardians, not enforcers, they would have protected us from Mr. Lago's crime syndicate. Today, it seems that most officers of the law are content to sit back and let Mr. Lago impede the free flow of information. That's why we must point the high-powered fire hose of truth at his subversive viewpoints to wash away their multiple layers of chauvinism.
Not only have haughty long-haired hippies decided to glorify their cock-and-bull stories by dressing them up as moral and righteous prerogatives, but their ideologies are being debated as though they were actually reasonable. There is absolutely nothing that quarrelsome unimaginative-types like Mr. Lago will not do to destroy their enemies. They will poke into the most secret family affairs and not rest until their truffle-searching instinct digs up some dour incident that is calculated to finish off their unfortunate victim.
Sure, Mr. Lago can fabulize about how his ebullitions are Holy Writ. That doesn't change the fact that he has come up with proven methods to throw away our freedom, our honor, and our future. All you have to do is let your guard down. For those of you who don't know, he has been appropriating sacred symbols for arrogant purposes. If there were any semblance of decency left in his imperium that ought to be an affront to it. Sadly, that's a big "if"; we all know that Mr. Lago claims that our elected officials should be available for purchase by special-interest groups. I respond that his hariolations are so humorless that they are easily taken up and assimilated by prudish crumbums, whose intellectual level corresponds to the material offered.
In public, Mr. Lago promises that he'd never generate alienation and withdrawal. In private, however, he secretly tells his collaborators that he'll do exactly that. I think we've seen this movie before: It's called Business as Usual for Mr. Lago. If one dares to criticize even a single tenet of his hastily mounted campaigns, one is promptly condemned as stultiloquent, callous, prurient, or whatever epithet he deems most appropriate, usually without much explanation. It has long been obvious to attentive observers that Mr. Lago's plaints are characterized by a preachy arrogance unbefitting to someone who knows so little. But did you know that he is not interested in a true and honest improvement of social conditions but rather in a way to fan the flames of ageism into a planet-spanning inferno? He doesn't want you to know that because his meandering and maundering comments undoubtedly indicate that Mr. Lago intends to draw unsuspecting rascals into the orbit of slaphappy brigands sometime soon. So what's the connection between that and his anecdotes? The connection is that every time Mr. Lago gets caught trying to disguise the complexity of color, the brutality of class, and the importance of religion and sexual identity in the construction and practice of plagiarism, he promises he'll never do so again. Subsequently, his companions always jump in and explain that he really shouldn't be blamed even if he does because, as they insist, his warnings are our final line of defense against tyrrany. In conclusion, let me just say that Mr. Chris Lago is all too typical of the sort of disrespectful ingrates who seek temporary tactical alliances with cruel malefactors in order to increase society's cycle of hostility and violence.
Old 15th November 2010
Lives for gear
A great moan about why WMG pull their clips
from YouTube - courtesy of the complaint generator!!

"Warner Music is a misinformed, Pecksniffian lunatic. I use that label only when it's true. If you don't believe it is, then consider that Warner Music uses obscure words like "counterdisengagement" and "saccharomucilaginous" to conceal its agenda to blend together statism and adversarialism in a train wreck of monumental proportions. I find that having to process phrases with long words like those makes me feel hoodwinked, inferior, definitely frustrated, and angry. That's why I strive for utmost clarity whenever I explain to others that my love for people necessitates that I combat the deplorable ideology of libertinism that has infected the minds of so many inaniloquent individual"
Old 15th November 2010
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Lago View Post
I have to agree.
Old 15th November 2010
Lives for gear
"Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one"
-- Larry Flynt

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search