The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Michael Buble Autotuned Pitch & Harmony Plugins
Old 23rd October 2010
Lives for gear

Michael Buble Autotuned

Well wow!

Just heard autotune all over Michael Buble here on our major ITV commercial station.

Programme is called 'An Audience with Michael Buble'

"I just haven't met you yet" sounds ridiculously fake - maybe they added post production effects - my GOD he sounds baaad!!

Will watch the rest of the show for more juicy terrible AT artifacts!

edit: - jeez, how low we have descended, when a major 'artist' like that is vocally airbrushed, and so badly!
Old 24th October 2010
Lives for gear

wow, always wondered about that. One very talented man, doesn't need an autotune live or in the recording studio. Just trying to stay youngish with the current proliferation of T paining autotune fx.

2010 the decade of Tpain.

Regards
Josef Horhay
Mixing Engineer
www.acoosticzoo.com
Old 24th October 2010
Gear maniac

That autotune ruins his records, sounds so completely ridiculous, I am baffled how his team can let that **** out of the door, a very tastless decision I think. Why lay down all of that orchestration only to make your artists vocal sound like daffy duck on meth.
Old 24th October 2010
Lives for gear

Maybe his pitch isn't great. That's the case with quite a few (otherwise good) singers.

I remember reading an interview with Jay Graydon who said that Al Jarreau's pitch was all over the place and it was a nightmare to fix in those days.
Old 24th October 2010
Gear maniac

Yeah I agree, it sounds really bad. So much music is going to hell nowadays
Old 25th October 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by heybub419 View Post
Yeah I agree, it sounds really bad. So much music is going to hell nowadays
I find a lot of it comes from there too!
Old 25th October 2010
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acko View Post
That autotune ruins his records, sounds so completely ridiculous, I am baffled how his team can let that **** out of the door, a very tastless decision I think. Why lay down all of that orchestration only to make your artists vocal sound like daffy duck on meth.
Couldn't agree more, very stupid.
Old 25th October 2010
Gear Addict

I don't understand how the autotuning thing is getting worse and worse, but it is. I thought the problem peaked around 2007 or so. Now even great singers are turned to tpain. Years ago I thought this can't get worse. I was proved wrong. What i think now is, it can't possibly get worse. But it probably will again, right? But how? What the hell else are they gonna tune?? I can see it now: guitar solos are gonna come back, but they're all gonna be recorded at half speed and autotuned cause kids still aren't learning how to play, and a well calibrated and tuned guitar is overrated... No wait, judging from the way things go, even george benson is gonna get his ass tuned. So, what's next, and how do we stop it?
Old 25th October 2010
Lives for gear

Michael Buble Autotuned

You should here Billy Mays on YouTube. People call it auto tune but it's clearly a vocoder.
Old 25th October 2010
Died for gear

'I Just Haven't Met You Yet' is a good song with a TERRIBLE mix. I will never forgive CLA for destroying this song by mixing it like a f-----g Metallica record.
Old 25th October 2010
Lives for gear

Cheryl Cole has just been outed for singing and miming during X_Factor or some such sh1te. She recorded the vox an hour before the show, presumably to let the engineer slap autotune all over her "pitchy" performance heh

WTF is happening to live music? It's like one big feckin karaoke show
Old 25th October 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyA View Post
We post shorter and funnier posts with the same questions right in front of scary people.
got it, short and funny... Like Michael Bubles ridiculous little.... last name.
Old 8th November 2010
Lives for gear

Her Ya Go:

Buble sings lik a Dalek!

YouTube - An Audience with Michael Bublé [1/7]
Old 8th November 2010
Gear maniac

i have to even wonder if this is all an advertising thing... you know... people won't know autotune is out there if people don't hear it, right? so do you think there is a chance that the autotuning software is paying buble or tpain or whoever to have it heard?

s
Old 9th November 2010
Maybe his pitch sucks, maybe when he is told to pay attention to his pitch more in the studio he loses some of the attitude and articulation. Which all could equate to him not being a good singer but I doubt that is the case. Maybe he simply doesn't sing well in a studio environment? The bottom line for a major label artist is nothing is leaving the door out of tune. If it came out and there were off notes there would be a post here about it. No pleasing some people I guess. The major labels want a polished sound, this includes vocal tuning and if they're the ones paying you, you do it. Like it or lump it I guess. None of it makes or breaks anything for me cause if it's a good song that's what counts. Unfortunately the song in question is Cancon fodder that is overplayed and not particularly pleasing to my ears and neither is Buble with his fake smile and schmucky persona.
Old 9th November 2010
Lives for gear

I didn't notice the Autotune on this track, but WTF is he doing with his hands? He needs to hold a guitar or something. Plus, he needs a new wardrobe consultant.

YouTube - Michael Bublé - Crazy Love (Video)
Old 9th November 2010
Lives for gear

Jeez - can't the muppet that mixed that hear it's artifacts.

Whole lotta Androids just diggin' Buble hard right now.
Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search