The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Funniest scam ever Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 21st September 2010
Gear Addict

Funniest scam ever

Received this poor but very funny attempt at a scam...thought I'd try and scam the scammer and see if I can actually get their account details.

My Dear One,

My warmest greeting to you in the name of the Lord.

I am Miss Sandrine Kamal, I inheritated an important sum from my late father who died in recent crisis in Cote d'Ivoire. I wish to request for your assistance in investing this sum in lucrative venture or manufacturing and real estate management in your country. I have Ten million, Five hundred thousand United State Dollars. USD($10,500,000) to invest in this transaction and I will require your assistance in receiving the fund in your account in your country. I will gladly give you resonable percent from the total sum for your assistance.

Before his death on october 2009, he gave me all the necessary legal documents to the deposit of the fund in the bank, I am 19 years old and a university undergraduate and really don't know what to do. Now I want an account overseas where I can transfer this funds and after the transaction I will come and reside permanently in your country till such a time that it will be convinient for me to return back home if I so desire. This is because I have suffered a lot of set backs as a result of incessant political crisis here in Ivory coast. The death of my father actually brought sorrow to my life. I also want to invest the fund under your care because I am ignorant of business world.

I am in a sincere desire of your humble assistance in this regards. Your suggestions and ideas will be highly regarded. Now permit me to ask these few questions:
1. Can you honestly help me from your heart?
2. Can I completely trust you?
3. What percentage of the total amount in question will be good for you after the money is in your account?

Please, consider this and get back to me as soon as possible. Immedaitely I confirm your willingness, I will send to you my picture and also give you more details about myself and the bank were my late father deposited the fund, so that you can reach the bank and confirm the existence of the fund as well, because seeing is believing.

Awaiting your immediate response and may God bless you.

For more details Reply Me Back Here [email protected]

With love,
Miss Sandrine Kamal

Wow it sounds like you've had a really hard time, I understand you must be very frustrated to be in the position you are in, of. I would be very willing to help, but continuously I must be cautious to giving my bank details out over the intersection. Would you be able to photocopy a form indentification for me and email it back over? Then we can continue to expand the process. Just out of interest have you ever been to the uk? Maybe if you are able to come we could meet and be merry? Anyhoos let me know if you are able to send some Id and also a photo of the will, if you will. ARE?

So good haste, may we wish you a welcome carrot for your pleasenteries.

Tulips

David Rose

Dear David Rose,

I received your mail and am happy to read that you will help me because of my present situation, I want you to know that you are the only person that i have left now in my life that is why i need your seriousness and love and care over this transaction so that my tears and sorrows can be over.

Also I will like you to know that we have to proceed without wasting any more time since you are with me I will like you to hang all what ever you are doing for now and let us face this transaction with all our mind so that within few days you will call me for good news that you have received this money in an account which you will provide to the bank where my late father deposited this money.

I went to the bank where my late father deposited this money as I have made you the Favour and the Beneficiary of this money. As you are already known that Am urgently in need for this money to be transfer into your account so that I will be coming to your country and continue my education in one of the university there while this money will be wisely invested by you in the investment which you like and after the transfer of the total Money into your account while the profit that we make in the investment will be share between you and me.

Now the Director of the bank told me that they will like to hear from you on the phone to enable them to tell you their requirement to transfer this money into your account which you will provided to them. Please I will like you to call the bank tomorrow and tell the bank director that you are calling on my behalf, with this statement the bank director will recognise you and tell you their requirement to enable them to transfer my late father's money into your account.

Here is the contact of the bank where my late father deposited this money for you to contact them on my behalf and provide an account of your choice for the transfer of my inheritance into your account.

Bank Name: Banque Atlantique
Bank Adresse: Avenue du grneral de Gaulle,
Plateau 04, BP 1036, Abidjan 04 , CÔte d'Ivoire
Tel: +225 44652568
Fax: +225 20216852
Attn Dr. Souleymane Diarrassouba ( Managing Director )
Acc/N0 : 60228333182

Once you contact my bank, just tell the bank director that you are contacting their bank on my behalf, with this statement the bank director will recognise you immediately and tell you their bank requirement for the transfer of my inheritance into an account of your choice which you will provide to their bank.

Meanwhile I don’t know you and you don’t know me we and doing this transaction base on trust and confidence and due to my prayers and fasting which GOD reveal to me that you will not disappoint me in this transaction as this money is my last hope and due to my faith in GOD that is why I contacted you for assistance so that we can invest this money in your country.

I will be waiting for your respond for more details.
Thanks once more and God Bless you.
Best regards.

Miss Sandrine Kamal

Dear David Rose,

Thank you for your information, please the attached documents which requested. the deposit certificate of my inheritance please contact my bank immediately you received your email so that you can provide an account of your choice for the transfer of my inheritance into your account so that i can be coming to your country to continue my education while this money will be wisely be invested by you.
Thank you and am waiting to hear from you
Sandrine.

Dear David Rose,

I have been waiting your urgently for your kind respond, please get back to me immediately as am waiting urgently for your kind respond.
i want to konw if you heve contacted the bank
Thank you
Miss Sandrine Kamal.

Hello Sandy!

Sorry I haven't got back to you earlier, my cat got stuck down a drain and I have been trying to extract her. To make things worse I fell down the drain myself and was stuck there all day! I think I've developed a complex about drains now as every time I walk past one I seem to need the loo.

Anyhoos, back to business. So I've been having a think about the cut I would need, how does 63% sound? I'll throw in my old Toyota Landcruiser if you like, it's a really great little cake, I sometimes take my cat to Whitby bay in it on Sundays.

David Rose

Dear David Rose,

Thank you for your email and am very happy to hear from you, how ever please kindly contact the bank where my inheritance was deposited into and provide an account of your choice for the transfer of my inheritance into your account so that i can be coming to your country to continue my education while this money will be wisely be invested by you.

To serve as a guardian of this fund since I am only 19years.
To make arrangement for me to come over to your country to further my education and to secure a resident permit in your country.
Moreover, Dear, i am willing to offer you 15% of the total sum as compensation for your effort/ input after the successful transfer of this fund into your nominated account overseas.

Furthermore, you indicate your options towards assisting me as I believe that this transaction would be concluded within
interest to assist me. Anticipating to hear from you soon. Please Dear i will like you to informa me that you heve contacted the bank today

Thanks and God bless.

Dear David Rose,

Thank you for your email and am very happy to hear from you, however please kindly contact the bank where my inheritance was deposited into and provide an account of your choice for the transfer of my inheritance into your account so that i can be coming to your country to continue my education while this money will be wisely be invested by you. if you reall want to assist me in this transcation please let me konw so taht you can address me very well am not happy for the prolmbe that am face am too young to see all this that happine to me. tell me your mine if you reall want to help me or not?
thank you for your help
Sandrine.

Apologies for the late reply my dear one!! Yes I am willing to assist you in this disection, I have spoken to my bank manager who suggests I open a new account which has higher interest, so I will open this post haste and my bank manager will call your bank once this has postponed. He requires your account details, so if you could please send me these as soon as possible we can get the preverbial ball rolling. In the words of Mick jagger, rock on!

Margerine

David Rose

ear David Rose,

Thank you for your help am very happy to hear from you, however please kindly contact the bank and send me the account so that i will take it to the bank dear not worry God will keep you for me and give you the power of help me out of this problme that i am into day. we will enjoy together will i come over there in your country please send me your phone number and picture of your's
interest to assist me. Anticipating to hear from you soon.
Thanks and God bless.
Best regards,
Miss Sandrine

Hello Miss Sangria

Before my bank manager can call you I need your account details, could you please send them to me. I am unable to call at the moment as my phone is broken (my cat nibbled through the power cable, she got quite a nasty electric shock and has subconsciously lost a lot of fur in the accident!) Once you give me your account details the bank manager says it will call your bank, but not without these details first....it's very temperamental these days.

Terminally,

David Rose
Old 21st September 2010
RTR
Lives for gear

Thats awesome!!!heh.. regards to your cat!
Old 21st September 2010
PBM
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearslag View Post
Received this poor but very funny attempt at a scam...thought I'd try and scam the scammer and see if I can actually get their account details.
You're well out of it Dave. Sandy's loaded but I hear she's a bit of a minger.

heh
Old 21st September 2010
Lives for gear

LOL

She's insistent eh, this line crops up a bit "very happy to hear from you, however please kindly contact the bank where my inheritance was deposited" heh
Old 21st September 2010
Gear Addict

Feel free to send her some spam, her email ad is in the first email she sent
Old 21st September 2010
Lives for gear

Why is this in mastering?
Old 21st September 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llitsor View Post
Why is this in mastering?
It came through to my work email (mastering) and thought it might make an entertaining read...
Old 21st September 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
As you are already known that Am urgently in need for this money to be transfer into your account so that I will be coming to your country and continue my education in one of the university there while this money will be wisely invested by you in the investment which you like and after the transfer of the total Money into your account while the profit that we make in the investment will be share between you and me.
That's the greatest run-on sentence I've ever seen!
Old 25th September 2010
Lives for gear

I can't believe you didn't help this sweet girl out......Man what is this world coming to?
Old 26th September 2010
Gear Maniac

Reply back telling her your in the music industry. She should send back an informal apology in no time
Old 26th September 2010
Talking

now that is some funny ****.

i have a friend who totally fukks with those spammers, too.

at one point, she promised one of these scammers she would meet him at the border somewhere between two north African countries on some specific date - and then of course, she did not show up.

apparently, the scammer was out in some godforsaken region of the desert all night waiting for her to show up. he was furious, and e-mailed her continuously for weeks after that.

FWIW, i think those spammers use NI Reaktor to compose those oh so convoluted letters...heh

(not as bad as some posters here, tho heh).

Old 26th September 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
apparently, the scammer was out in some godforsaken region of the desert all night waiting for her to show up. he was furious, and e-mailed her continuously for weeks after that.

That is great. Sad how desperate some people in the world are to get money, scary what lengths they'll go to to get it... but still, that's pretty damn funny.
Old 26th September 2010
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody View Post
That is great. Sad how desperate some people in the world are to get money, scary what lengths they'll go to to get it... but still, that's pretty damn funny.

i know...it is CRAZY.

but it's always been this way.

think of what people did during the depression just to survive.

or what people in Pakistan, Palistine, India, Ethiopa, etc. do everyday to survive.

(even in our own inner cities and poor rural areas, i think it's different in Calgary. haven't been there in years).

Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search