The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Waves is the worst company ever!
Old 31st May 2010
Gear Nut

Waves is the worst company ever!

I bought the native power pack 6 months ago and when i broke my iLok and got a new one all the plugins just stopped working i tried and tried to get a hold of both companies for months and they just have no way to reach them.

I FCKING HATE THERE ETHICS I JUST WANT TO KICK THEM IN THE SHINS!

I JUST WANT MY STUPID IR REVERB AND ****!!!!!!!!!

If anybody here works for either company, please help me. please please please

I know this should be in the moan zone, but no one cares there. . How many of people have had to put up with this BS? How long will it continue!

WAVES you are crooked......

Please some one give me some solutions :C
Old 31st May 2010
Lives for gear

ANYTIME I've sent Waves an email, I usually get a response in HOURS, not days. NEVER had a complaint that they haven't addressed very promptly. Try calling. Maybe that will work for you. Good luck.
Old 31st May 2010
Gear Nut

Attached Thumbnails
Waves is the worst company ever!-wavesbs.jpg  
Old 31st May 2010
member no 666

Just wait until they try to sue you for having cracked plugins on your machine [because your iLok doesn't work!!].

I've heard more than a few horror stories about that company [not to mention the damage the "L2" has done to the industry as a whole!!!].

Peace.
Old 31st May 2010
Gear Nut

So i have to throw $100 a year at these crooks just so there plugins will work properly. what a scam........

The sad thing is, they can get away with it..........
Old 31st May 2010
Lives for gear

Ahhh don't get me started. THE 2 most hated PITA companies for me is ILOK and Waves. They are #1 on my shxt list of plug in manufactures or related. They are no better than the advanced check cashing companies all over the poor sections of the USA cashing off the poor. If Lucifer owned a company, this is it!!! I shxt you not. This is the perfect example of the dark evil hallways of the music business. hehheh

ILOK doesn't even have the "balls" to give you their phone # because they know, that you know, that they are screwing you in the Axx and won't even give you a benefit of a reach around.

You have been warned. What you reap is what you sow.

I am sorry to hear this for you. But happy to hear that this money hungry machine which drives from hype has not changed a bit in the last 10+ years.

I am Waves Free User. thumbsup And damm proud of it! Can't break the ILOK ankle cuffs because they got business ties with the Digidesign Mafia. If you use PT HD. You must use an ILOK.

I have been Waves free for a year now after several years of use. I am totally clean now and recovering. heh It did take me a while to realize what was really going on with these Soldiers of Satan.

It feels good to be out the Waves Penitentiary. If I was you. I would run! And never look back again! You really don't need them.
Its not like what was over a decade ago. You got all kinds of plug in makers now if you are into plug ins. Good luck.

Old 31st May 2010
Gear Nut

I would just like to see how many people could just testify to this. please tell me your horror stories........
Old 31st May 2010
Gear Head

I payed a lot of money for the SSL Collection and it took me 3 Days to get the Shell working, as they were currently switching Versions. Their "service" is horrible. However they don't seem to be affiliated with MOTU What these companies do to their customers should be called a criminal offense.
Old 31st May 2010
Gear Nut

ya im not going to ever buy anything from them again.

$500 to have some mediocre in the box plug ins that will just stop working after a month. not to mention the

fckheads over at ilok........

no thank you
Old 31st May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartholomewpro View Post
ya im not going to ever buy anything from them again.

$500 to have some mediocre in the box plug ins that will just stop working after a month. not to mention the

fckheads over at ilok........

no thank you
I don't see how your WUP is not up to date if you only bought your plugs 6 months ago. Something doesn't sound right.
Waves support is usually good if you're WUP'd.
Old 31st May 2010
Talking +1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbjp View Post
I don't see how your WUP is not up to date if you only bought your plugs 6 months ago. Something doesn't sound right.
This just don't ring true somehow, I have not needed much support but what little experience I have, it seems fair enough.
Perhaps if you bought a mercury bundle for TDM they might jump to attention a bit more.
Old 31st May 2010
Lives for gear

There was a lot of Wave bashing when their Wup policies were unreasonable. Since then they have reduced the cost of their Wup twice. I like their wide varity of plug INS better than any other company. I have never had issues with any of their plug INS in Cubase or Samplitude. I have had problems with Uad plug INS though. Usually a message tha the program bS go disBle some Uad plug ins due to some error message.

Regarding customer service, I always would call them and get help in a couple of minutes. I never has a problem with service... And yes this belongs in the Moan Zone.
Old 31st May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
I bought the native power pack 6 months ago and when i broke my iLok and got a new one all the plugins just stopped working i tried and tried to get a hold of both companies for months and they just have no way to reach them.
All Waves purchases come with a years WUP included.

If you only bought them 6 months ago why are you not still WUP'd?
Old 31st May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassmec View Post
Perhaps if you bought a mercury bundle for TDM they might jump to attention a bit more.
As you can see by the sig, I'm a heavy iLok reliant and TBH Waves have been quite reasonable to me. My WUP is up to date and I suppose I get rewarded with prompt service. Give them a ring and they should sort it out.

Its the same with so many companies. Ring them, then they'll listen to you.
Old 31st May 2010
Quote:

I know this should be in the moan zone, but no one cares there. . How many of people have had to put up with this BS? How long will it continue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaySoul View Post
ANYTIME I've sent Waves an email, I usually get a response in HOURS, not days. NEVER had a complaint that they haven't addressed very promptly. Try calling. Maybe that will work for you. Good luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbjp View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tube World View Post
There was a lot of Wave bashing when their Wup policies were unreasonable. Since then they have reduced the cost of their Wup twice. I like their wide varity of plug INS better than any other company. I have never had issues with any of their plug INS in Cubase or Samplitude. I have had problems with Uad plug INS though. Usually a message tha the program bS go disBle some Uad plug ins due to some error message.

Regarding customer service, I always would call them and get help in a couple of minutes. I never has a problem with service... And yes this belongs in the Moan Zone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by api2500 View Post
As you can see by the sig, I'm a heavy iLok reliant and TBH Waves have been quite reasonable to me. My WUP is up to date and I suppose I get rewarded with prompt service. Give them a ring and they should sort it out.

Its the same with so many companies. Ring them, then they'll listen to you.
I think this pretty much sums it up. If you've got a waves account, they're obviously your plugins - but if you've only had them 6 months and you're NOT WUP'd, something's gone wrong there.

Love the way it's more productive to moan about it than actually sort it out though!
Old 31st May 2010
Lives for gear

I'm sorry, but I just can't get on the Waves bashing bandwagon. As has been stated, their early WUP policies struck many of us as predatory, but these policies have been emended somewhat. The quality and variety of their plug-ins—and their utility if you're mixing ITB or in a hybrid scenario—is considerable. I've had prompt help from their support staff on several occasions. Call them—or consider calling the dealer from whom you purchased the product?
Old 31st May 2010
Gear Nut

The worst company in plug-in land out there IMO. I encourage everyone to make their studios Wave Free Zones. You don't need their products to make great records.

db
Old 31st May 2010
TC5
Lives for gear

Are these f*ckers aware of how hated they actually are? I guess they still sell enough plugins to not worry about it.

I was interested in demoing the API bundle but in order to do so I would have had to pay to upgrade my waveshell. I said f*ck it. There's too many other good companies out there producing great plugins to put up with the Waves nonsense.
Old 31st May 2010
Lives for gear

The OP complains too much instead of doing what he needs to do to solve his own problem.

I've had Waves stuff since the mid-'90s. It's always worked fine. Their customer service has always answered the phone and been helpful. And, no, I don't have any financial connection to the company. And, yes, my studio gear pays for itself by virtue of my studio and professional income. No cracked stuff here either.

Waves revised the WUP program to the point that I think it's fair enough.

The folks I hear complain about them the most seem to me to be the ones who want something for nothing. Many of these loud complainers will be doing something else in the future, when they are out of high school... out of their Mom's house.

Good luck to them all in their new careers.
Old 31st May 2010
Lives for gear

I just use UAD stuff. Their service is SO much better and I love the way my mixes come out. I love complaining about Waves plug-ins though, kinda helps give people the right insight as to how much easier it is to get things going and sounding right using other brands. I never could stand very many of the Waves plug-ins, I could always get an equally good sounding plug-in elsewhere for half and not go through anywhere near as many of the headaches as I would if I had ever bought an Ilok. No thanks. 4 UAD cards over here working flawlessly and just about every plug-in they own.
Old 31st May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slikjmuzik View Post
I just use UAD stuff. Their service is SO much better and I love the way my mixes come out. I love complaining about Waves plug-ins though, kinda helps give people the right insight as to how much easier it is to get things going and sounding right using other brands. I never could stand very many of the Waves plug-ins, I could always get an equally good sounding plug-in elsewhere for half and not go through anywhere near as many of the headaches as I would if I had ever bought an Ilok. No thanks. 4 UAD cards over here working flawlessly and just about every plug-in they own.
Amen to that. The only Wave plug of mine that gets ANY use anymore is the API bundle. The 2500 is still a very nice emulation.

But I agree, with UAD, Softube, Chandler, Sonalksis, Stillwell, Altiverb and others...there really hasn't been any reason for me to renew anything with Waves. Screw them and their outrageous renewal tacticts.
Old 31st May 2010
Lives for gear

I've never had any issues with Waves and never complained about their WUP. Costs more per plugin to upgrade Sonnox, or Soundtoys. Funny how people are quick to bash them, yet they still make some of the best plugins out there.

Not sure how your iLok broke, but next time you should be more careful. I've had multiple iLoks for years now and neither have ever broken. But I treat it like a $15000 piece of gear. You wouldn't just throw your Vintage U47 in a gig bag and take it to another studio would you? Well, don't do the same for your iLok. My iLok has it's own case and when I travel with it, I baby the crap out of it as to not lose or damage it.

Good luck being Waves Free.
Old 31st May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTone View Post
I've never had any issues with Waves and never complained about their WUP. Costs more per plugin to upgrade Sonnox, or Soundtoys. Funny how people are quick to bash them, yet they still make some of the best plugins out there.

Not sure how your iLok broke, but next time you should be more careful. I've had multiple iLoks for years now and neither have ever broken. But I treat it like a $15000 piece of gear. You wouldn't just throw your Vintage U47 in a gig bag and take it to another studio would you? Well, don't do the same for your iLok. My iLok has it's own case and when I travel with it, I baby the crap out of it as to not lose or damage it.

Good luck being Waves Free.
Waves free would be very tough. Very very tough. API Bundle and soon to be SSL Bundle owner. iLok free? Impossible for me. Sorry. Couldn't do it.

Being an engineer or producer is about being meticulous. Be careful with your gear for once.
Old 31st May 2010
Gear Nut

I think waves is a decent company if you give them money every year.

I mean i'm not running a big studio so an expense like that or buying mercury is absurd.

of corse they will talk to you if you drop $1300 on a bundle but they just step on the little guy.

the facts are I paid a ton of money for something that doesn't work and probably will never work because the way they have set up there business..

Im sorry i'm corrected
i bought them a about a year ago they stopped working after 6 months ago.
still, I tried to contact them and i could never quite get a hold of them and now that my WUP is up they couldn't give two ****s about me.
Old 31st May 2010
Quote:

I mean i'm not running a big studio so an expense like that or buying mercury is absurd.

of corse they will talk to you if you drop $1300 on a bundle but they just step on the little guy.

the facts are I paid a ton of money for something that doesn't work and probably will never work because the way they have set up there business..

Im sorry i'm corrected
still, I tried to contact them and i could never quite get a hold of them and now that my WUP is up they couldn't give two ****s about me.
unfortunately, you're paying the price for not getting things sorted when you had cover.

You'd be in the same situation with any company - if your hi-fi broke after 6 months and you tried to fix it after a year, Sony would expect you to pay for your non-warranty repair. That's the way life works.

It is, simply put, your own fault, and whinging about it now isn't much use to you.

As it happens, if you've got an expensive bundle but no WUP, you'd be in the same situation. Nothing to do with big guy/little guy.

Have you actually checked how much it is to just buy the WUP and get it sorted? I'm guessing around $100....
Old 31st May 2010
PDC
Lives for gear

Quote:

I have used Waves plugs since 2004 and have never had any problem with them communicating via the tech support lines.

Why didn't you prepare for the future with a back-up iLock all ready to go?
Old 31st May 2010
PDC
Lives for gear

Quote:

Im sorry i'm corrected
They don't just stop working. What did you change in your system? You could have deleted a file or something. All you had to do is buy a new iLok and transfer your licenses over to it, plug it in and boom boom. This sounds fishy.

You want us to believe that you tried to communicate with them for 6 months (while under WUP) and they would not help you? Did you register them? Did you set up your account? What about your dealer? Did you try that route?

As far as not giving a crap about you now...that's kind of harsh.
Old 31st May 2010
Lives for gear

I hate the WUP thing, who doesn't but I've always been able to get through to tech support and figure out any issues.
Old 31st May 2010
Lives for gear

I flushed my entire Gold bundle after upgrading my operating system only to find my host program would not open until I paid $300 balackmail money to Waves. I use UAD now and have never looked back or regretted dumping their software.

Bryant - Hames Music
Old 31st May 2010
Lives for gear

It's funny how people are so anti waves. I actually encourage people to buy Waves.
For the price they are excellent buy and yes they have WUP... Which sucks! But hey, get over over it! It's the price of doing business.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search